Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
- Altered leaves color changing somewhat to better utilize temperature
- Can no longer split plank blocks back into plank items by hand, must have a saw.
- Can now convert thatch back into 4 straw.
- Log piles should now properly be destroyed when empty.
- Disabled wood construct optimizations due to some derps that were causing incorrect rendering. I'll make another pass at this another time when I feel like messing with it more.
- Fixed errant display number for satisfaction. I forgot to multiply by 100. Everything was working properly but you were seeing display numbers such as 0.3% instead of 30%
- Fixed javelin ghost items from placing on tool rack.
- Fixed short reach on firestarters
- Fixed Ore sometimes having transparent background.
- Fixed achievement triggers for bronze and iron age.
- Added missing checks for ToolRack2.blockID. Fixes buggy acacia racks.
- Plucking chickens deals 5 damage instead of 25.
- Chickens should now properly eat, allowing them to regen health.
- Removed ability to put milk buckets in food prep.
- Cleaned up some horse breeding slightly and horses should now properly spawn with full health.
- Female horses should no longer cling to their man after giving birth and will once again give him some space.
- Fixed bloomery validation again.
- Fixed forge validation
- Fixed unsynced ceramic mold breaking. Had to fake returning the mold to the players inventory by dropping an item at the player's feet that is immediately picked up. This results in a pickup sound being played and is unavoidable for now.
- Bloomery now requires at least 1 ore to be lit to prevent dopes from wasting charcoal
- Sleeping should no longer autokill the player. When the players hunger plays catchup after sleeping, it now drains at half speed and the player will not take damage from this. However if the stomach is empty after playing catchup, the player will be subject to the normal damage rules regarding hunger.
- Mortar Recipes are now shapeless
- Ore blocks will no longer all sync to the client at worldgen/chunkload. Instead, only ore blocks that are exposed to air or a non-opaque block will attempt to sync. This should cut down on "Memory connection overburdened" console messages and speed up chunkloading.
- Many blocks are now flammable if they make sense including thatch. You're welcome.
- Added some "bad nbt" warnings to tooltips for items with bad nbt.
- Bloomery doors should no longer go flying away when broken.
- Saddles on horses now sync for the client when closing the horse inventory.
- Fixed log dupe with firepit log pile fuel usage.
- Stone anvils no longer show plans for copper tools since they couldn't be used to make them anyways.
- Fixed removing logs from a lit pit kiln.
- Fixed certain blocks breaking rendering by forcing all blocks to render all sides at all times.
- Fixed ingot pile dupe bug
- Fixed chalcolithic achievement not always being attainable.
- Removed most of the Z-Fighting(Two faces trying to render in the exact same space causing flickering between textures) that would occur with placed planks and corrected the UV maps that they used for rendering.
- Flint and steel should no longer set blocks on fire if used on a block that can be activated.
- Wood Constructs now do some operations to render less blocks when possible. If an entire face is formed with identical wood types (8 planks side by side), instead of rendering 8 separate blocks, a single block is rendered instead.
- Bushes can now refruit multiple times in the same year if they are within the proper seasonally adjusted growth times.
- Multiuse crops no longer give seeds when right click harvested. They only yield seeds when broken like other crops. No more runaway tomato farms.
- Firepits should no longer extinguish if they run out of fuel while having a log pile above them. Instead they will grab a log from the above logpile and use it as fuel instead. Should fix a few instances of charcoal pits not functioning. When the firepit decides that the requirements are met for charcoal production it will stop using fuel. This has not changed from before.
- Maximum panning per chunk reduced from 100 to 50, silver removed from panning to slow the progression straight to bronze and quick-panning (panning gravel beneath flowing water) has been disabled. You'll now need to shovel the gravel out from under the water as you can no longer fill gold pans from blocks beneath water.
- Finished spindles no longer stack.
- Added missing workable/weldable/danger message to metal sheets and bloom items
- Added door sounds to bloomery opening/closing
- Fixed splitting 100% refined bloom. Plans now auto-select based on input if there is only one possible plan and select no plan if there is none available.
- Fixed the bow removing arrows from the quiver even if it does not fire.
- Fixed shift clicking ingots out of molds not keeping temp data
- Fixed horses spawned from eggs only having 15 health
- Added ASM fix for vanilla leashes so that they properly recognize TFC fences and don't break.
- Fixed Acacia Support Beams not supporting
- Food without proper NBT can no longer be placed in a vessel or food prep slots.
- Corrected some derps with chicken and pheasant egg laying.
- Nest boxes will no longer attract pheasant.
- Fixed upper half of player inventory drawing too big a rectangle.
- Fixed a number of issues related to horse breeding.
- Fix ClassCastException while checking armor
- Added non-tool metal sheets to heat index so double sheets can be made
- Changed stalactite breaking texture
- Tweaked the decay formula. This was actually an undocumented change from 78.12 that was released in a stealth update.
- Changed the good nutrition hunger death prevention from 50% to 85%. If your average nutrition is above 85% then being hungry will not kill you.
- In order to prevent sheepicide, wolves no longer attempt to slaughter them on sight and sheep now run away when they detect a wolf or bear nearby.
- Chicken AI can now deal with not being able to reach a nest box. They should also be able to see nest boxes that are slightly above them.
- Bears no longer run away when hit.
- Wolves and bears should now properly damage the player when attacking.
- Gold pan once again inserts directly into inventory, plays item pickup sound on success
- Modified water drip particles on stalactites so they don't hang in midair.
- Fixed armor calculations being offset by 1 slot resulting in useless helmets. *Possibly fixes wolves & bears not doing damage.
- Fixed more server related crashes regarding food prep.
- Fixed breaking ice always creating salt water sources.
- Optifine should no longer cause crashes.
- Fixed decay equation to actually be 50% per day as the default base.
- Fixed the bow always firing at full charge.
- Fixed touching barrels emptying into each other.
- Fixed animals thinking they could path through fences.
- Really fixed forges going out when being created for the first time.
- Fixed red arrow placement in the anvil possibly resulting in impossible to complete rules.
- Fixed arrow always animating in the casting UI regardless if it's actually casting the tool.
- Non-terrible meals are much easier to make. Note: Past meal recipes may result with different taste values after updating.
- Disabled redstone interaction with fence gates.
- Removed unused tool-tip on hides.
- Forges will have a static temperature of 2000 in debug mode.
- Added chat messages to debug commands so it's more obvious if they worked.
- Casting interface can now be opened with any liquid metal instead of just copper/bronzes. Interface can be used to cast tools using a full unshaped liquid ingot (This is identical to the previous usage. Non casting metals still can NOT be cast) as well as for combining partially filled ingot molds (both molds must be at liquid temperature). Also added background overlays to the slots so it's easier to figure out which item goes where.
- The config value of decayRateMultiplier now also multiplies the initial decay when an item is first receiving decay. Setting this to 0 will now also stop initial decay from adding to the item.
- Fixed clickable area of the food prep gui being too small, causing players to toss items from their inventory.
- Fixed crash when splitting Iron Bloom
- Fixed taming wolves setting their current HP to 20
- Forges should no longer go out instantly when lit for the first time.
- Donkey chests can be properly accessed now, no more crashes.
- Scraping sheepskins now adds hides to the player's inventory on the client as well as the server and with the correct size.
- 30% slower heating/cooling applied to all metals
- Meals now also cool much slower.
- Added oreDict for Acacia planks. Fixes all missing vanilla recipes. Acacia can now be used in all the mix&match wood recipes too.
- Made nest box GUI same size as log pile and vessel.
- Breeding animals now consumes 5 oz of the specific food, not the entire item.
- Inverted vanilla minecraft chunk rendering via core mod so that it renders from the top down instead of bottom up. I expect this to provide a large performance boost as well as clearing up a number of chunk loading bugs that have existed since the dawn of TFC time. Most specifically, you should no longer see the caves at the bottom of the world before the surface of the world has had time to render.
- It is recommended that you create a new world when playing 78.10 to get the full effect of the changes, but is not required. Since 10 changes a number of worldgen settings and makes trees spawn properly where they weren't before, there is a fairly noticeable difference in worldgen between this and previous versions.
- Removed accidental 50x burn length for logs.
- Getting the background rock for an ore block should no longer return an IndexOutOfBounds when it somehow gets wrong metadata.
- Fruit tree saplings should once again use the correct localization.
- Fixed snow piling on things that it shouldn't such as fences.
- The firepit now properly heats the bottom slots which should properly allow for liquid metal molds.
- Fixed rounding error when checking for freshwater at the players feet for thirst restoration.
- Correct invalid plum sapling drops from 78.8, saving worlds with the invalid sapling items.
- When it is cold enough, snow should be rendered instead of rain when there is precipitation. Although there was previously an implementation of this, the new method uses a core mod override the vanilla handling of this.
- Meals can no longer be put in the ingredient slots of food prep.
- Fixed Ice generating in a checkerboard formation as well as a few other ice formation bugs.
- Fixed a major issue where all EVT layers were returning an evt of 0.
- Implemented several fixes and optimizations in forest generation. The world shouldn't be so barren with only occasional redwoods anymore.
- Caves and ravines should no longer cut through water causing ugly floating water.
- Fixed a few blocks that weren't rendering all sides properly when next to another block.
- Fixed support beams having full block sized collision boxes instead of matching their shape.
- Fixed stalactite/stalagmite having full block sized collision boxes instead of matching their shape.
- Fixed Stalactites and Stalagmites not removing themselves properly when part of their base is destroyed.
- Bears should no longer despawn.
- The gold pan now drops nugget item on success, so that success is more obvious.
- Tweaked river ravine spawning parameters to no longer attempt to spawn a river multiple times per chunk.
- Adjusted EVT and Rain datalayers so that zones with flora should be more plentiful overall.
- Male pheasant should no longer crow like a rooster.
- Lowered chicken max health to 50. Matches pheasant.
- Tweaked the spawn parameters of a few tree types to be less generic.
- Snow now piles up beyond the initial dusting at a much reduced rate.
- The goldpan now operates on a grid similar to crops. This grid determines the types of metals available. Chunks have a 75% chance to contain copper, 50% silver, 25% Gold and 100% Platinum. This amount is only determines if the chunk can provide these metals, the chances to actually retrieve these metals remain the same.
- Slightly expanded creatures spawn parameters.
- The Forge should now properly cool down when it has run out of fuel.
- If an item no longer has any nbt tags in its compound when cooling down, the compound should be removed, allowing stacking.
- Fixed milk being auto-consumed when milking a cow.
- Fixed plum tree crash
- Fixed isBlockSolidOnSide check for slabs returning rotated results
- Ingots now have tooltips for workable, weldable, and in danger of melting states.
- Semi-reverted the item heat changes. Temperature once again uses floats instead of shorts. The shorts ended up being harder to understand. However many of the aspects which unified item temp handling have remained, so overall it's a net positive.
- Added missing raw horse meat salting recipe.
- Fixed salted tag not appearing on shift click.
- Removed crafting of leather & knife to open leather working interface. This was the old way and was causing issues and should've been removed before.
- Removed ceramic vessel:2 from the creative menu to prevent crashes.
- Added food tool-tip localization for Amount, Decay and Salted.
- Achievements no longer reset between worlds.
- Fixed bloomery not turning stack blocks into molten blocks correctly when lit
- Actually fix plum trees dropping apple saplings. Previously generated plum trees may not be affected. but all new ones should be fixed.
- Wolves shouldn't despawn like enemies.
- Fixed incorrect ItemMeal cast in FoodPrep which was causing a crash.
- Fixed some food prep validation.
- Fix blast furnace being unlightable with 1-tall chimneys
- Added missing heat info for rich/poor ores
- Horses should no longer use vanilla AI except where appropriate.
- Inedible food should no longer play the eating animation.
- Added some null checks to worldgen to prevent crashes.
- Milking cows should no longer give ghost milk.
- Ores now have a tooltip showing the amount of metal that they provide. Should help with figuring out the correct ratios with rich/normal/poor ore.
- Plank blocks now stack to 32.
- Sweeping change to how item temperatures are handled. Instead of using actual temperatures, all heatable items now store a 16bit short which tracks how long it has been cooking. This equates to the old temperature and to the end user little should be different other than perhaps cooking times. Because this is a short, the rate of temp change is now based on ticks instead of some complex math. This is far easier to manage for us on the back-end. I tried to do this change in a way that old worlds would not be affected. I think that I succeeded. If not then I apologize. The only issue that I'm expecting is items that have heat already when you update your world, may never lose the the old temperature tag. This should really only affect stacking ingots.
- Added a Global Decay multiplier. This multiplies against the entire decay algorithm. Setting this multiplier to 0 will effectively turn off decay.
- Fixed food decay indicator(the damage bar) not using the correct numbers.
- Cleaned up crop seed return code and moved the agri skill check for an extra seed to only happen if the crop is mature.
- Lily pad item texture fixed.
- Can no longer pour molten metal into tool molds for incorrect metals.
- Fixed kapok door recipe.
- Added missing boat recipe for acacia planks.
- Fixed making acacia supports consuming saw.
- Ropes now display size / weight
- Fixed spawning in oceans.
- Red steel buckets now properly hold fresh water as well.
- Wolves can be fed food to restore their hunger.
- Armor renders properly while sneaking
- Armor stand no longer renders outside the item space.
- Chickens and pheasants cant be bred with pumpkin seeds
- Shift right clicking vinegar onto a barrel of milk correctly creates curdled milk
- Fixed meals not disappearing when you eat them with negative decay
- Fixed meals not deleting when they over-decay
- Fixed needing to shiftclick with Flint and steel to light the kiln
- There are now female bears.
- Double chests should no longer disappear when viewing at certain angles.
- Fertilizer can be used on crops on tilled ground.
- Using fertilizer properly consumes the item.
- Crops who die from any method other than the old age config option will give a seed back. This way if you accidentally plant a crop when it's too cold for it to survive, you get that seed back.
- Fixed unfertilized eggs having no weight.
- Fixed pheasants suddenly becoming chickens and using chicken AI
- Placing metal sheets now properly consumes them.
- Rain is no longer factored into the environmental decay equation. This should result in a longer shelf life for most food. Rain was having a far far bigger effect on decay than I'd intended.
- Updated localizations.
- Meals should now also show decay.
- Temporarily disabled the armor stand recipe. Can still be obtained through creative and old armor stands will still stay in your world. The code for these need to be optimized better than they were and a number of crashes were linked to them, so I've opted to disabled crafting them until we've redone this. No ETA. -B
- Grass color reverted.
- Caveins are now more common be default. This only takes effect with a config deletion as the default value has changed.
- Forge can be created with charcoal block, or vanilla coal block.
- Fixed pre-78 dough from clicking & dragging it out of the crafting slot.
- Fixed bears, cows and horses dropping item.hide instead of a large hide. The buggy item.hides can be used to create a straw & hide bed, and breaking the bed should give back the correct large hide.
- Pheasants should really no longer lay eggs now.
- Food Exhaustion now properly resets after hunger is applied to the player each hour.
- Fixed meals sometimes giving the wooden bowls back.
- Hopefully fixed anvils consuming output items and creating ghost items (bug may still occur on pre-existing worlds, needs further testing).
- Fixed vessels showing items in the tooltip with a 0 stacksize
- Fixed vessels crashing when a meal inside decayed out of existence.
- Loose rocks/ore and sticks no longer go flying.
- Cleaned up some console spam regarding knapping-like interfaces and using clay.
- Fixed players spawning in trees.
- Fixed bowl stack size disappearing from the food prep GUI in SMP.
- Nutrition levels now degenerate 50% slower.
- Removed mushrooms/melons/pumpkins as valid food sources. We'll fix these foods later.
- Made caves/ravines slightly less common. Moved surface ravines up slightly so they are less likely to spawn with a thin grass layer on top.
- Tightened spawn parameters for Douglas Fir and Sequoia trees, making them a bit less common.
- Bloom items now appear in creative correctly.
- Fixed meal creation not working in SMP.
- Fixed pre-78 dough from using decayed flour.
- Tweaked gold panning numbers.
- Added Canadian translation of gold pan overworked message.
- Fixed several issues with fresh and salt water freezing and unfreezing into the incorrect types.
- Fixed issues with the forge and anvil shift click handlers that was causing item ghosting and general desync issues.
- Fixed unknown dirt due to not taking into account dry grass on worldgen when getting the subsurface block.
- Fixed Plum trees giving Apple saplings.
- Fixed cheese production giving pre-78 cheese
- Fixed Quern not giving stacked items
- Fixed grinding flour in the quern giving pre-78 flour.
- Fixed several NullPointerExceptions with vessels containing food.
- Making meals should now properly consume wooden bowls. Also fixed some validation logic for creating meals.
- Fixed players respawning with incorrect food amounts.
- Fixed NPE in WorldGenGrowCrops due to the crop block not spawning.
- Fixed meal index out of bounds tooltip crash.
- Fixed Container crash when the players inventory updates due to food ticking inside of a small vessel. This is the bug that a lot of you were reporting where you'd crash with the skills tab open etc.
- Hammers now properly deal crushing damage. As a tool and not a weapon, this will lose durability faster than a mace which is considered a weapon. However, it is now a valid choice against early skeletons.
- Fixed divide by zero in WorldGenGrowCrops
- Fixed Maize Ears not being edible in whole form.
- Changed quiver leatherworking recipe.
- Added missing saddle recipe for leatherworking.
- Added missing firebrick recipe to the kiln recipe list. It's now properly possible to fire clay firebricks
- Increased graphite/kaolinite powder yields from quern grinding.
- Sluice creation is now disabled until it can be rewritten.
- Most alcohol is now disabled pending a barrel rewrite. This is necessary as the barrel did not take into account the new food system.
- Panning for ores has received a major overhaul. When the player scoops gravel or sand into their pan, the chunk they are standing in now receives a counter. After enough soil has been grabbed for panning from this chunk, panning will no longer be possible from that chunk. Additionally, pannign no longer scans the world and is instead far more simple. This means that no matter where you pan, you will only be able to find nuggets of the native ores (Native Copper, Native Silver, Native Gold, Native Platinum). When sluicing is rebuilt it will use the same counter, however it will allow for far more soil to be sifted from each chunk.
- Loose rocks on the ground no longer spawn as little cubes and instead display an entity laying flat on the ground showing what item they are. This means that looking for surface ores is now far more simple as you can recognize them on sight instead of needing to run around punching rocks.
- Similar to the loose rocks change, sticks can now be found strewn about the world under trees, along riverbanks, and on beaches. This should give players who spawn in parts of the world with little tree cover a leg up to begin their journey.
- Server admins now have much more control over the properties of food decay via the config.
- Food now has a new Food Decay Protection (FDP) system in place to help stem the effects of decay upon server players. There is a new variable in play that determines a length of time at which food decay is severely reduced. The default setting is 18 MC days. This means that if a piece of food has sat in an unloaded chunk for >= 18 MC Days, FDP will kick in and no time past this point will affect the food. additionally, when the chunk is loaded for the first time and the food is ticked, the food will only receive 24 hours worth of decay instead of the full amount that it would normally receive. If your food is being stored properly and logged off with very little decay, chances are good that you will return with your food still sitting in your ceramic vessels. Additionally, for any length of time between 1 hour and 18 MC days there is a scaling multiplier on decay where food decay gets decreased each time it ticks. **Note that FDP CAN be disabled in the configs.
- Fixed multiple issues with shift-clicking food out of the crafting result slot in the inventory.
- The Calendar page now properly dims the background.
- Fixed single floating leaves from chopping down Douglas Firs.
- Zombies now drop carrots and potatoes with proper weight. Weight is similar to harvesting the crop, decay is 50%.
- Food weight should now always round on display.
- Logs should now only notify neighboring leaves of their change when they break. Hopefully this fixes leaves not disappearing while also not allowing the callableLvl1 crash to recur
- Pheasant should no longer randomly pop eggs
- A plop sound should now play when chickens lay eggs in the nestbox.
- Removing food from the crafting result slot on the players inventory with the number keys is now disabled. Mojang does not provide enough ways to manipulate what happens to objects that get shift clicked. Only food is affected by this.
- Shift Clicking food from the players inventory into the crafting slots is now possible. Only food is affected by this.
- Fixed Severe memory leak due to water plant rendering. Thanks to Enqueuing and the others in IRC for helping me narrow this down.
- Fixed Small Vessel Crash when processing Item heat
- Fixed bread so that it now cooks using the new food system properly
Built on Forge v126.96.36.1995
- Only basic information will be provided here. You'll have to wait for wiki entries and proper guides to be written up if you can't figure things out.
- Requires that you generate new worlds. Many block ids have changed among other things that will possibly make established worlds crash.
- Added Horses. Will drop raw horse meat, hide and bones up on death. (Meat texture is currently the same as venison) Horses must first be leashed with a rope before the player can ride them. Currently no recipe for saddles.
- Food overhauled to implement a nutrition and decay system. See the Food page on the wiki for more info.
- Player inventory now consists of four tabs: Inventory, Skills, Calendar and Health (currently only displays nutrition). All other container's GUIs are modular, so their texture file no longer contains the player's inventory section. Removed keybinding used to open old calendar interface.
- Added config file TFCOres.cfg for altering ore generation as well as adding other mod's ores to TFC world gen. See the Configuration page of the wiki for more info.
- Added fresh and salt water. Players can only drink from and fill their jugs with fresh water. Water plants are helpful in distinguishing water type. Cattails spawn in fresh water, seaweed in salt water.
- Added Jute which can be soaked in a barrel to produce rope which behaves like vanilla leads.
- Added nest boxes for chickens to lay eggs in. Female hens will migrate towards them to sit in, and the eggs will become fertilized if a male rooster is nearby. Fertilized eggs will eventually hatch into chicks. Removing fertilized eggs from a nest box will un-fertilize them.
- Added pheasants as an alternative mob for gathering feathers. Are hunted in the wild by wolves.
- Added Achievements.
- Added Poor and Rich ore to ore block drops. Poor ore will produce 15 metal units, while rich will produce 35. Veins should be roughly 20% rich, 30% poor, and 50% normal.
- Added seismically active areas which can spawn fissures and hot springs. Stability: 1 on the F3 debug screen means the area is active.
- Single metal sheets can now be placed on any side of a block.
- Added Fire Bricks. Craft 4 fire clay in a 2x2 grid to get 2 clay brick, which need to be fired in a pit kiln. Craft the fired brick items with mortar like all other bricks to create Fire Brick Blocks.
- Added Acacia Trees.
- Added Armor Stands.
- Added wood-specific fences and fence gates.
- Added berry bushes to world generation. Bushes cannot be multiplied, so what is found through exploration is what you get. Some bushes are thorny and will damage players and mobs.
- Added Straw & Hide Bed made from 2 thatch blocks and a large raw hide in the world. Sets the players spawn without skipping the night.
- Added fertilizer made from grinding sylvite in a quern. Replenishes all three nutrient types on farmland.
- Added the quiver which is made via leather working. Holds and auto-refills arrows and javelins. Place it on the back slot which is located on the player model in the inventory to wear it.
- Added Skills System for different smithing, cooking and agriculture.
- Added more debug mode commands: "/debugmode" for preventing starvation, "/vgsp" for visual testing of spawn protection (turns blocks to wool, use with caution), "/remove area x y z" to remove all blocks centered on the player with the given dimensions, "/removechunk" for completely removing blocks from a chunk, and "/stripchunk" which removes everything but the ore.
- Skeletons attack half as fast.
- Mobs taking damage is now affected by the different damage types. For example, piercing damage is completely useless against Skeletons.
- Disabled quern animation to help stop lag.
- Nerfed stone knife damage. Use javelins instead!
- Making a crafting table will consume the item and expand the player's inventory grid from 2x2 to 3x3. This upgrade is lost and must be re-done on player death.
- Removed Mudstone and Siltstone.
- Sedimentary stone only spawns on the top layer. Metamorphic only spawns in the top two layers. Both Igneous stone types spawn in all three layers.
- Ore and mineral generation now moves with the terrain (no more only y-60 veins). Ores and minerals can now spawn in all layers of stone, meaning possible surface nuggets of every metal. Stone types for certain ores have been changed. See the Ores & Minerals page of the wiki for more info.
- Pit kiln is now only one block deep. Uses 8 straw and 8 logs.
- Deer drop venison, and no longer immediately flee from players. Attacking one deer however, will spook all of them nearby.
- Squid only spawn in oceans.
- Removed the Scribing Table and Plans.
- Reworked Anvil GUI to add a plan selection button as well as a skills display screen. Removed +/- 5 tolerance for completing a tool, must now land exactly on the single arrow.
- Roosters crow at dawn.
- Ingot cooling in a barrel uses less water. Ingots now cool at the same rate regardless of what inventory they are in.
- Lava oceans near bedrock only spawn in seismically active areas. Should help reduce lag.
- Blast Furnace now requires Fire Brick Blocks as its chimney as well as for the outer sides to have wrought iron or better metal sheets on them. The blast furnace now needs to be lit with a fire starter or flint & steel instead of working automatically. A picture of a minimum size Blast Furnace.
- Graphite now gives 2 powder in a quern instead of 1.
- Lowered anvil striking volume.
- Sand, Dirt and Farmland texture files now use the stone name. Dirt and Sand will show their stone type in game on the tool-tip.
- Grass looks grassier. Mountains will only have a single layer of dirt/grass on them. Added short grass that only spawns in dry grass areas.
- Reorganized creative menu tabs. Added cobblestone to the blocks tab.
- Bloomery block is now a hatch for easy charcoal placing and bloom breaking. Ore and extra charcoal still need to be thrown in on top via the chimney. When breaking a bloom block, the bloom item will move towards the bloomery hatch for easy retrieval.
- Wild crops should now respawn every year between April and September. Wild crop world generation altered so that different crop types will be harder to find. Seeds can now only be obtained through harvesting crops.
- Added High Plains terrain biome.
- Light level now affects temperature. A fully dark area will be 25% cooler than ambient temperature.
- Reworked Food Prep GUI. Now requires 2-3 different food groups, with both 4oz slots requiring the same group. Removed potion effects from meals.
- Hides now come in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large, depending on the size, age, and type of animal. Straw & Hide beds can only be made with large hides.
- Players now start the game June 1st instead of March 1st.
- Playing in peaceful can now result in death from starvation.
- Removed the four right byproduct slots in the fire pit. Fire pit can no longer be used to smelt ore.
- Updated Charcoal item texture to match vanilla. Removed unused textures of removed items.
- Torches can be placed on top of stone walls.
- Tool molds can be filled directly from liquid ceramic vessels.
- Southern half of the world (+Z coords) now have reversed seasons (i.e. Winter in June, Summer in December).
- Lit charcoal pits emit smoke particles again.
- Plank blocks can be crafted back into plank items. 3 single planks by hand, or 4 if you use a saw. Removed wooden button recipe due to conflict.
- Pumpkins no longer have the face texture on them until they are turned into jack-o-lanterns.
- Widened the range that animals can spawn at.
- Caves generate all the way up to the surface. Be careful as this may also cause sink holes. Caves are more more common in sedimentary rocks.
- The closer a collapse is to support beams, the more likely that those beams will now break. Players should now make sure that they are always mining in a supported area by extending their supports as they go.
- Torches are now replaced by any blocks falling on them. Stops torch mining for gathering dirt, cobblestone, etc.
- Ore can now collapse like the surrounding rock, so care should be taken when mining out ore veins. The ore WILL be lost if a cave in occurs.
- Cobble can now collapse in any direction like dirt.
- Bedrock now moves up and down with the terrain at 1/3 the rate of change.
- Hopefully fixed all Sequoia-related crashes. Trunk now goes roughly all the way up through the leaves.
- Rewrote stalactite/stalagmite code to help reduce lag.
- Axes show damage type.
- Fixed shift clicking of flux into an anvil to do the whole stack instead of just one.
- Blast Furnace will only accept as much ore and charcoal as its height can process.
- Leaves will only appear dead when the temperature is < 10 or rainfall is < 100 and the tree isn't evergreen. No more dying rainforests in the winter.
- Crops should no longer use nutrients when dormant, and should use less nutrients when growth is slowed from the cold.
- Fixed duplicate items in the creative menu.
- Fixed Red Steel Bucket dupe bug.
- Fixed items not properly ticking in vessels. No more pottery man's lunchbox.
- Fixed game not properly releasing the binding of the L and M keys. Should make life easier on people who are left-handed.
- Ice should freeze and melt properly without duplicating source blocks.
- Players who aren't in debug mode cannot travel back in time using /time set day and night.
- Fixed finished spindle unable to be placed on a tool rack.
- Fixed combining of two unshaped metals in a fire pit returning a clay mold instead of a ceramic one.
- Fixed stone anvil breaking particles displaying as lava.
- Fixed partially filled ceramic molds being rejected from placing inside a vessel.
- Fixed "Liquid" tool-tip remaining on vessels after all the motlen metal had been removed.
- Fixed Vessel dupe bug.
- Fixed forges not being destroyed when you remove the block underneath it.
- Fixed Horizontal supports not breaking when they weren't connected to a vertical one.
- Fixed X-Ray ore bug.
- Changed tuyere slot, liquid vessel and casting UI to only accept one item at a time.
- Fixed the issue with placement of ingot into the existing pile of other metal kind.
- Attempted to fix invisible cows.
- Ingot Piles, Pottery and Food Prep properly break and drop only non-ghost items when the block underneath them is broken.
- Ingots now act like log piles in that they must be placed on top of solid blocks, or a full ingot pile.
- Removing an ingot from the middle or bottom of a multi-block pile results in all ingots above it to merge down. If a different type of metal is on top, it will break and drop the ingots.
- Implementation of solid sides for partial blocks. Torches can be placed on the fully solid sides of chiseled blocks.
- Added a +-0.01 tolerance to alloy percentages to hopefully help with rounding errors.
- Ingots can no longer be placed in vessels.
- Fixed Molten blocks not disappearing after bloomery completes.
- Added check so bloomery will only accept as much ore as its size can hold, instead of always accepting amount allowed in max size.
- Fixed shift click logic to prevent duplicating of items.
- Vanilla Iron blocks should no longer appear in the world due to the river ravine gen.
- Fixed Fruit Trees regrowing instantly.
- Fixed the Blast Furnace not properly heating ore. Because of some debug code that I use, I didn't see the error that everyone else did during my testing.
- Bloomery can now be built twice as tall and handle twice as much iron ore.
- Blast furnace now needs to be lit like the bloomery.
- A cook delay was added to the smelting process to prevent sudden instant liquefaction of the all the ore at once. Removed debug cook rate of the Blast Furnace. Blast Furnace now cooks ore much slower.
- Fixed Douglas Firs not growing properly due to "id" not being set
- Fixed straw spawning and flying off with crazy velocity.
- Bears and Wolves can no longer mate.
- Fixed deer so they are no longer shearable animals that mate with chickens to produce cows.
- Animal baby heads now render correctly and removed code that lead to grossly over/under sized animals.
- Animals should now correctly be able to eat grass to heal again.
- Hopefully fixed the ChunkCache exception that folks were getting with detailed blocks. My testing looked good but we'll see when this gets more widespread testing.
- Fixed metal % display in the crucible so that it doesn't show incorrect metal ratios due to rounding errors caused by the conversion of floats into ints.
- Female wolves should now properly exist.
- Fixed TileEntityCrop cast to TileEntityFarmland crash
- Fixed Vanilla Zombies being spawned in the zombie re-reinforcement wave.
- Removed Vanilla Slab and Stair recipes.
- Fixed breaking leaves not triggering a block update.
- Tweaked animal mating so that animals properly face each other and move towards one another at a normal speed instead of a crawl.
- Fixed missing leather armor names.
- Fixed some derpy vanilla rendering so that detailed blocks don't have uv issues.
- *Should* now sync the casting progress bar in SMP.
- Liquid vessel removed from the creative ui. Fixes Crash due to no attached NBT data.
- Trees should now in most cases only replace air when growing leaves.
- Pulling alloys out of the crucible should no longer result in negative percentages of metal in the crucible due to my derp math.
Version 0.77.16 : Obligatory TFC Tuesday bugfix
- Fixed crucibles not loading metal from NBT correctly which was causing 0% metal bugs.
- Fixed Water Flow bug
- Entities should now properly take damage.
Built on Forge v188.8.131.521
- Charcoal pits should properly give you a short respite after lighting before the entire pit goes up in flames.
- Widened the spawn parameters for cows. They should now be somewhat easier to find.
- Must now sneak to retrieve pottery items. Should help prevent accidentally dislodging of items when working with the kiln.
- Fixed CTD when right clicking a tamed dog with nothing in your hand.
- You shouldn't be able to place stacks of items in the anvil input slots now.(Doesn't affect flux)
- Fixed dupe related top using the number keys to switch vessels on your toolbar. Attempting to do so while in a vessel will now close the gui.
- Fixed a crucible metal dupe bug.
- The mcmod.info file should function properly now.
- Fixed some issues with the api that incorrectly made it rely on the main codebase.
- Fixed a completely damaged tuyere not being broken.
- Fixed ClassCastException when placing pottery on top of firepits. Pottery now expects a block underneath it with a solid top face.
- Shift clicking liquid metal molds into a crucible now defaults to the output slot in order to prevent accidentally adding the wrong type of metal to your alloy.
- Changed Quern handstone to Medium/Heavy
- Grinding with a full quern output spot spits the new items onto the ground.
- Items moved around in Creative to better utilize the TFC tabs.
- Casting UI and tooltip now only accessible via castable metals. Note that this is partially a slight bug. Only the casting tooltip should be disabled. Will be fixed later.
- Limonite can now be ground in a quern to make Yellow dye.
- Reverse and double knife recipes added for knapping.
- Fixed Cheese texture having improper capitalization.
- Fixed Armor bug that was using the wrong incoming damage value. Armor should be more effective.
- Added feature to the "empty" function of the barrel which will fill an empty bucket in the barrel's slot instead of emptying the barrel. Note: this only works for valid liquids, ie: water, limewater, vinegar and milk.
- Added recipe to make white carpet from wool cloth, and recipes to dye carpets
- Added Vinegar and Cheese items; Vinegar is made by re-sealing a barrel of alcohol. Cheese is made by adding milk to a barrel and at least 1 bucket of vinegar and then sealing the barrel
- It's now possible to fill water bottles from barrels.
- Added Lapis, Malachite and Hematite quern grinding for Blue, Green and Red dye.
- Changed breaking bottles to play glass breaking sound instead of ceramic.
- Fixed player starting with only 50% thirst.
- Increased length of time after powder keg is activated that it explodes, from 0.75 s to 3 s. Additionally, right clicking on an ignited powder keg will defuse it.
- Ingots and unshaped ingots now carry temperature values over when crafted.
- Male sheep now have horns
- Added config option for people who don't like onions
- Localization update.
- Fixed propick having an improper search radius.
- Fixed lambs dying at birth.
- Fixed bottles not properly disappearing when broken.
- Fixed charcoal pit resetting when chunk unloads.
- Fixed incorrect alloy amount when using a liquid mold.
- Fixed tuyeres not taking damage.
- Fixed out of control crucible temperatures.
- Fixed roosters laying eggs (theoretically, assuming it was because of vanilla code)
- Bones can be turned into bonemeal(still no real use), and Cryolite/Cinnabar can be turned into redistone with the quern. The old recipes were removed.
- Anvil hit volume lowered.
- Refactored propick to be less memory intensive.
- Removed all LASTTHREE anvil rules since they were redundant. Changed Hoe Recipe to properly function and altered Shovel recipe
- Snow should no longer replace saplings.
- Fixed grass not converting to dry grass if the climate conditions change.
- MMB picking ore in creative disabled to prevent crashes.
- Fixed metal dupe exploit with the crucible resetting its output count.
- Added missing unmolding recipes for Silver, Unknown Metal and HC Steels
- WorldGen stuttering should now be gone 95% of the time. As a side effect however, initial world creation has slowed down quite a bit. It is recommended to close your world and reopen it immediately after it is created in order to get around some extremely visible render issues related to how mojang chooses to render the lowest subchunks first. You should only need to do this one time after the world has been created if you experiance this issue.
- Glass bottles now break at the same frequency as Ceramic Jugs. Frequency decreased to 1 in 50 instead of 1 in 25. Glass water bottles now fill 12000(1/4 bar) water and Ceramic jugs fill 24000(1/2 bar).
- Localization Update: New German and Dutch translation
- Tweaked tree gen to stop forests growing where they shouldn't.
- Ceramic Vessels containing liquid metal now only stay liquid for about 10 in game hours (after the firing completes) before they must be reheated. Liquid Ceramic vessels now list the metal name in the tooltip as well as a notification of weather it is still in a liquid state or not for easier management.
- Ceramic Vessels containing Items now list their contents in the tooltip as well as the current stacksize.
- Fixed chunks being generated in rotated positions and added some opt out checks to forest and loose rock gens so that they wont try to run if the biome is ocean in order to speed up worldgen for these chunks.
- Should be possible to place a stack of flux in an anvil now.
- The bloomery now requires that an equal or greater amount of charcoal than ore be thrown into the stack before it can be lit. This is on top of the primer stack of charcoal that is required at the bottom of the stack.
- Fixed losing ingot when trying to place high-carbon/weak steels.
- Dying of alcohol poisoning now drops your items correctly (oops).
- Tool mode now renders in creative.
- Crucibles should no longer consume items when moving them around.
- Fixed crash with trying to smelt High Carbon and Weak ingots.
- Anvils are now properly smeltable in a crucible.
- Re-enabled the vanilla recipe for writable books
- Animals should not follow the player in slowmotion when being led by wheat.
- Caves should once again generate properly.
- Blast radius on powder kegs 4x higher.
- Animal spawning changed to a system that is in line with the TFC Climate systems instead of trying to use the vanilla biomes.
- Double ingots should no longer cause an unrecoverable crash with the crucible. This will fix any worlds that are corrupted due to the crucible crashing.
- Water should correctly restore in creative mode when drinking.
- Fix leatherworking not functioning due to the clay background not being reset.
- Fixed shearing giving wool blocks instead of wool items.
- Fixed extreme lag that would occur when an item was placed inside of a barrel due to the UpdateGUI packet being sent every single tick because of the presence of the item.
- Barrels should properly render all faces when placed adjacent to a solid block.
- Fix HUD rendering. Vanilla food bar is no more rendered under TFC bars and TFC bars are drawn only once in one render call instead of multiple times.
- Updated some localizations.
- A bunch of tiny performance tweaks to reduce GC churn and eliminate unnecessary processing.
- Adds Wool Yarn Recipes for the Fishing Rod
- Upped lure speed from .25 Steve's walking speed to .5 to make it more obvious that wheat luring is working.
- Fix occasional alloying failures due to rounding error.
- Crucible should avoid to attempt to add metal to the alloy if the ore is unsmeltable.
- Fix crucible item disappearing and duping.
- Fix StackOverflow when the leaves decay.
- Fixed Super-Fast Cow Pregnancy length.
- Fixed the other occurrence of the 0% bloom bug.
- Food and water should no longer try to play catchup when exiting creative mode.
- Changed Hoe anvil recipe slightly to make more sense.
- Updated black bronze recipe so that the minimum level of 50% copper is actually attainable by increasing the max of Silver and Gold to 25% from 20%.
- Thatch is now considered an opaque block.
- Fixed the XP bar number value that is to high and behind the heath, water and food bars. Also hides all bars in creative game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the Anvil rules display was incorrectly showing that a LAST rule was achievable like an ANY rule.
- Kilns should now properly require a full log pile to start.
- It should no longer be possible to smelt iron ore in a kiln.
- Pottery items should no longer replace some blocks if you attempt to place them in a block that is already occupied.
- Bloom blocks should no longer lose their iron amount information if unloaded. No more 0% bloom items.
- Flipped Medium Hit and Heavy Hit Ids so that they don't use the wrong method calls.
- Typo, improvements and corrections for spanish, italian, portuguese and russian
- The Blast furnace now properly only accepts ore at a 1:1 ratio with flux. It will no longer suck up any ore unless there is flux present as well.
- Basic thirst level doubled to make it less annoying to play with
- Made Minecarts HUGE & HEAVY instead of MEDIUM & MEDIUM
- Javelin skeletons should not all have the flame enchantment.
- Zombies and Skeletons should no longer spawn with enchanted equipment.
- Spawn protection radius increased to a 5x5 chunk area centered on the player. Was 3x3. Tested and this has always been working 100% as intended. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
- The Firestarter and Flint & Steel should properly be destroyed when they run out of uses.
- Knapping gui should now drop the crafting result (if there is one) when you close the container.
- Re-added the reduced animal spawns that I unwittingly reverted.
- Leather armor is now properly considered a TFC armor.
- By default, no item that extends ItemTerra should have a damage value listed in game. ItemSpindle now properly extends ItemTerra.
- Fixed visual glitches with the mold GUI.
- Fixed certain ingots being placeable that shouldn't have been.
- Lowered zombie health and damage for better balance against the vanilla reinforcement mechanic.
- Gave stone javelins a slight damage boost.
- Adjusted mob spawns to hopefulyl not spawn in as large groups.
- Spiders now have the correct collision box size.
- Liquid vessels should no longer consume an item in the input slot when the container is closed. Sorry Pakratt!
- Weapons should be using the correct damage values.
- Finite water removed. Originally this was going to wait for 0.78.0, however I decided to do this now since I was fixing some bucket related crashes anyways.
- Day Length is no longer configurable. This caused far more bugs than it was worth. Especially anything vanilla didn't like this.
- Fixed skeleton super speed issue for real this time.
- Fixed slow effect not being added to the player when they are dehydrated.
- Added some code to the knapping gui so that resizing the gui does not allow for infinite knapping.
- Liquid metal vessels now output metal at temperatures of 150% the melting temperature of the metal to ensure that the player can cast the metal.
- Skeletons should no longer have super speed.
- Fixed crash with emptying a water bucket.
- Updated language files.
- Code tweaks to reduce the load on the JVM garbage collector.
- Jugs are no longer stackable.
- Thatch and some other organics should have grass sound effects instead of stone.
Built on Forge v184.108.40.2067
- Only basic information will be provided here. You'll have to wait for wiki entries and proper guides to be written up if you cant figure things out.
- Requires that you generate new worlds. Many block ids have changed among other things that will make established worlds crash.
- Pit kiln - Created by placing any pottery on the ground(Sneak+RMB) in a 2 deep pit. Add 16 pieces of straw to the pottery by right clicking. Add a full logpile above this and light with a firestarter to cook the pottery.
- Blast furnace (introducing new iron/steel work)
- Pottery - Pottery is created by right clicking with a stack of 5 or more clay. Similar to knapping.
- Implemented Ceramic Vessel as an early game type of bag. Can be used to carry 4 stacks of Small or smaller items. Also used for early smelting and alloy production. Placing ore in the vessel and then firing it again in the pit kiln will give back a container with liquid metal.
- Added Tool casting and tool molds - Ceramic tool molds can be created and filled with metal for Copper or Bronze tier weapons and tools. To fill a mold, you'll need to right click anywhere with a ceramic mold containing liquid metal.
- Crucible - Mid-Late game alloy production and ore smelting. Any metal can be smelted in the crucible except for iron ores.
Multi language support
- Complete or almost complete: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Danish, Simplified Chinese
- In progress: Finnish, Romanian, Serbian, Swedish
- New armor/damage types - All armor has defensive properties capable of reducing damage from Blunt, Slashing, or Piercing attacks. All weapons have been given a corresponding damage type. Similarly, all mobs now deal specific types of damage.
- Added random body part hitting and effects for not wearing armor on head/feet
- Added the ability to blow up barrels of gunpowder
- New animal textures and models
- Thatched roof
- Alcohol can be added to glass bottles and gives status effects when you drink too much.
- Added Tuyere - this is a metal pipe used for pumping air into a blast furnace. Created by working a metal 2x sheet in an anvil. No plan is required.
- Added Metal javelins.
- Added Kaolinite Powder, Graphite Powder, and Fire Clay. Kaolinite powder and graphite powder are made by crushing the ore in the quern
- Dead squid drop calamari
- Rebalanced Armor now takes reduced item damage
- Added javelin skeletons.
- Grass and sapling growth will now only occur if the temp is greater than 20C
- Random sapling growth now requires a clear line of sight to the sky
- Lowered tool efficiency
- Armor now takes damage at a reduced amount, based upon the damage received.
- Hold shift to see the advanced info of armor/weapons and help instruction for some items (clay, rock...)
- Added ability to shift click the contents of a bucket directly into a barrel and fixed numbers in barrels for balance
- Removed dependence upon Player API
- Implemented new Anvil Gui
- Creating a meal prep area now requires a bowl in your inventory along with the knife
- Peat is no longer placeable
- Bellows no longer works directly on a bloomery but must be connected to a tuyere
- Bellow animation
- Ingots are no longer crafted but are removed form a mold by placing in a crafting grid, or added back to a mold by combining it with a ceramic mold
- Get straw from removing grain from crops and use of knife/scythe on grass
- Small surface ore spawning change to make copper more prevalent and tin less so
- Chiseling underside now only checks if the block and the one above it are raw stone. Can now chisel the underside of bricks, cobblestone, smooth stone and planks without restrictions
- Removed metalurgy table
- Enabled Kaolinite spawning and made Graphite more rare
- Removed axe plank making
- Chickens now take a full day to lay a new egg. (stopgap until we have a proper nestbox)
- Removed all Tin, Zinc, Rose Gold, and Bismuth Tools
- Removed double metal ore
- Removed the decorative features from the armors
- Making a food prep block with a knife now requires that the block beneath be of either wood, stone, or iron material types
- TFC Flint & Steel now has proper size/weight parameters
- New animated textures for the bloomery
- Moved static Block and Item IDs, there will no longer be block ID conflict with new releases
- Logpiles can no longer be created on top of nonsolid blocks or other logpiles that are not completely full of logs.
- Need to place 8 charcoal instead of trow them on the ground to make the forge
- Wolf activaly kill chicken and pig
- Only female chicken lay eggs
- Logpiles now properly burn
- Forge will be destroyed when you removed one of the containing walls
- Log pile will disappear when destroyed
- Explosion of ore blocks give the right drop
- Burning sheed drop cooked mutton
- Toolrack drop the correct type of toolrack when broken
- Fixed double doors not being mirrored properly
- Placing charcoal should no longer replace partial blocks
- Fixed animal behaviours
- Fixed Barrel item rendering in hand and inventory
- Fixed iron golem crash
- Fixed StackOverflow with big charcoal pits
- Fixed crash when using blueprint on non-superdetailed block
- Thirst should be far less intrusive now. Drains once per day instead of 5 times per day
- Fixed skeletons not reporting a name in death messages
- Making a minecart with chest will give the TFC version, no the Vanilla one
- Fix wrong color of tree flowers or fruits on the top face
- Gave meals individual icons
- Fixes age old issue of items with temperature causing ghost dupes
- Made sequoia leaves/logs smarter when they get placed by the treegen to not replace pre-existing blocks
- Charcoal pit must be covered to work properly
- Rain should properly play sounds when hitting the ground
- Fixed several instances of blocks giving the wrong item back when destroyed by an explosion.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 19 : Courtesy of Crysyn
- Reduced Skeleton damage.
- Fixed crash that would occur when chopping down very large trees.
- Fixed player used bows doing vanilla damage instead of tfc damage.
- Re-enabled vanilla writable books
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 18
- Fixed a strange issue where no item textures where loading properly.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 17
- Forge Version changed to 220.127.116.119
- Fixed Forge Dupe
- Fixed some issues with small ore textures not appearing.
- Fixed several shift click bugs.
- Sluices now work like most other things in TFC and will continue to function even when unloaded.
- The Propick should now properly display Lapis Lazuli when it is found.
- Fixed Shift click issue with ceramic molds in the firepit.
- Meals should once again only give half filling when cold and will show how much filling they provide on the hunger bar.
- Bows should no longer attempt to stack or fit inside chests.
- Bows can now be placed on tool racks.
- Bloomeries should now properly give back a bloomery block when broken by a pickaxe.
- Forges should no longer give a forge block when broken.
- Querns should no longer accept and simultaneously use a stack of multiple handstones.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 16
- Fixed Firepit and forge flashing textures.
- Fix crash when placing ingot pile on top of log pile or chiseled block.
- Fix crash when placing plank on block with sign or sapling.
- Should no longer lose planks when trying to place on top of grass or flowers.
- Several texture fixes for various food items.
- Sluices should now give a broader range of ore more consistently instead of only the first two ores found.
- Fixed missing texture for firestarter and tin chisel head due to incorrectly capitalized file names.
- Fix shift-clicking on anvil to put things in the right slots.
- Fixed so that all plans shift-click into the plan slot in an anvil.
- Fixed the problem where swapping an item with a finished one instantly cooks the new item.
- Fixed water bottle drinking exploit.
- Stack size will now display correctly in firepits.
- Shift-click will work as it should in firepits.
- You will not lose your cooked item if both output slots are not free in firepits.
- Peat will only go into the fuel slot with shift-click now in firepits.
- Ingot pile selection box now matches the collision box.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 15
- Selection boxes on anvils and food prep now correctly match their collision boxes
- Fixed vertical alignment issue with metallurgy and scribing table guis.
- Allowed knapping without a block targeted.
- Fixed chopped trees incorrectly leaving leaves behind.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 14
- Fixed TFC inventory not correctly overriding the vanilla inventory. Oops.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 13
- Possible fix for NEI crashing in survival inventory
- Fixed anvil item drop bug due to mojang changing how the guis determine if you click inside the gui area.
- Fixed ingot piles not visually removing the most recently removed ingot.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 12
- Updated Cobblestone wall recipes to give 4 wall sections instead of 1. All others now give 3 instead of 1.
- Long overdue collision fix for sluices. The lower section is no longer a full block in height. The player should no longer appear to be floating when walking over the lower section.
- Hopefully fixed the bug where items would drop out of your inventory when you would attempt to place them in a slot.
- Changed ContainerTFC's mergeItemStack to be a bit smarter. Hopefully fixes some shift-click bugs.
- Fixed Crash due to watercolorMultiplier incorrectly casting to TFCBiome in all instances.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 11
- Explosions no longer cause cave-ins. This should prevent future issues.
- Fixed potential NPE in crop rendering.
- Fixed server-only ingot pile crash.
- Fixed certain anvils being out of order which caused the recipes to be all turned around.
- Fixed ghost items appearing when destroying a log pile.
- Optimized ingot pile rendering. Your frame-rate should no longer take a nose dive from them being in the world.
- Removed ability to knap multiple times in the same window as it only created problems. This fixes the loose rock dupe bug.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 10
- Breaking an anvil should no give the correct anvil each time instead of only copper... oops.
- Fixed major memory leak issue related to barrel rendering. We aren't totally sure why the rendering was messed up, however the barrel render code was rewritten from the ground up and the problem no longer occurs in testing.
- Fixed bucket dupe glitch.
- Using a red steel water bucket should properly return an empty red steel bucket instead of a wooden bucket.
- Various code cleanup.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 9
- Recipe added to convert TFC leather into Vanilla leather if vanilla recipes are enabled in the config.
- Added missing dough recipes that use Red Steel Buckets.
- Breaking an anvils should no longer create an item that causes an unrecoverable crash. If you have one of these items in your inventory, you need to navigate to your world save folder and delete your character file(or use and inventory editor program to . The fix for this bug won't help you to stop crashing once it occurs.
- Doors now have correct Size and Weight attributes.
- Cave-ins should now properly spawn falling rocks.
- Sand should once again be melt-able into glass.
- Fixed barrels getting unsealed when unloaded.
- Fixed barrels not dropping correctly when destroyed.
- Fixed Sterling Silver typo that caused Sterling silver ingots to have no texture in ingot piles.
- Fixed Barrels being destroyed in one hit.
- Removed accidental change to player rendering which was causing some players to crash. We have no idea why this was occurring for only a few players and not everyone but the problem code should be disabled for now.
- Double ingots should no longer be placeable.
- Fixed textures for Sand 0 and Sand 5 being accidentally switched.
- Meals should now properly animate when consumed and will properly be removed from the players inventory.
- Glass bottles should now have a texture.
- Barrels should now cool ingots properly. The cooled ingots should once again be stackable as long as they haven't been worked.
- Skeletons now hit like a boss instead of a vanilla pansy.
- Corrected brick recipes so that they all yield 4 brick blocks.
- Buckets should no longer be lost when making dough.
- Fixed missing vines texture.
- Tool racks should no longer crash due to trying to drop an invalid item when you break them.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 8
- It should now be possible to place a hot ingot in a barrel full of water and it will cool it down.
- Its now possible to reverse craft cobblestone blocks into loose rocks.
- Corrected some missing unshaped ingot names.
- Double chests should no longer disappear when you look at them from a certain direction.
- Fully grown crops should no longer render invisible.
- Fixed Propick not taking damage from use.
- The limewater texture should no longer be offset to the left.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 7
- Fixed ingot placement crash... again.
- Clay grass should no longer be able to drop clay with metadata.
- Breaking cobblestone blocks with a pick now yield a full cobblestone block instead of loose rocks. This fixes the issue of loose rocks with the wrong metadata being dropped.
- Placing a sluice in certain directions should no longer cause a crash due to reference of a null value.
- Fixed missing protection meter textures.
- Corrected the capitalization of the names of several items.
- Fixed Toolrack names not appearing.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 6
- Fixed crash with bows not having their textures assigned for animations.
- Fixed clay spindle recipe
- Fixed block particle effects for some blocks appearing as "missing texture"
- Fixed using pick block key on several blocks causing a crash.
- The firepit should now correctly let overflow metal spill back to an empty mold in the left slot when the right slot fills up.
- Fixed the chest block opening the vanilla chest gui instead of the TFC version which has size/weight thresholds.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 5
- Fixed Crash when placing ingots related to a missing null check.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 4
- Fixed Crash To Desktop when Sedimentary, Igneous Extrusive, or Metamorphic cobblestone attempted to drop as an item.
- The bloomery can once again be crafted.
- Fixed the propick giving blank results. It was only being run serverside so the player was getting empty strings.
- Fixed missing textures due to improper capitalization in image names.
- Fixed gem names not appearing correctly.
- Ingots with temperature or that have been worked are no longer placeable to prevent issues.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 3
- Attempting to place an ingot pile on a detailed block will no longer cause a crash.
- Fixed golden rod collision box seeming to float as a cube.
- Golden rod flowers should no longer float when you destroy the block beneath them.
- Finite water should now render properly.
- Anvil crafting should now yield the proper anvil.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 2
- Fixed infinite Sand creep.
- Fixed crash where a crop would spawn on top of another crop causing a CTD. This can only be repaired by deleting the chunk or starting a new world.
- Scribing tables should now much more reliably accept markings.
- Ingot piles should no longer cause a crash when the chunk they are in unloads.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 1 : Yes we're back to hotfixes again. I just can't make up my mind.
- Fixed several naming bugs.
- Food Prep blocks should no longer cause strange rendering issues.
- Fixed several knapping interface bugs. (The double-click 'feature' is due to vanilla and I can't figure out where it's coming from, to disable it, with ease. The knapping interface is going to be getting a facelift soon anyways so you'll just have to live with it for now.)
- Fixed several broken recipes.
- Tools that have damage should once again be usable in recipes.
- Food should no longer cause a crash when consumed in some instances.
- Skeletons should no longer render their names randomly.
- Fixed render issue with detailed blocks.
Beta Build 76
- Updated to MC 1.5.1
- Ingots can now be placed into the world to create an ingot stack.(Ingots can't be stored in chests)
- Added Golden Rod flowers which only grow on clay. Its now possible to find clay underneath all that grass.
- Fixed animal breeding (no more suffocating babies)
- Added barrels.
- Added new wool items and leatherworking process
- Added mutton.
- Added new spindle tool
- Added new GUI for making leather armour
- Added second alloy recipe for bismuth bronze
- Added cobblestone recipe. Rocks no longer place as blocks.
- Added mortar and limestone. Changed crafting recipe for stone bricks, now involving mortar and single brick items.
- Overhauled temperature system, and fixed snow falling when it's cold.
- Added body temperature, but has no impact on gameplay as of yet. Type /bodytemp to check your current temperature. WIP. (as a note, having a temperature less than 25 will be instant death. 37 is normal)
- Added new server op command for SetPlayerStats. Type "/sps [player name]" followed by three number representing percentages (0-100) for health, hunger and thirst. Type no username or your own to alter your own stats. Only available to server ops.
- Detailed blocks are now subdivided into larger 2x2x2 mini-blocks which in-turn correspond to a 4x4x4 section of a detailed block. If no pieces have been chiseled from that miniblock, it now renders a single mini-block in that quadrant instead of 4x4x4 tiny blocks. This should have the effect of increasing performance in areas that make heavy use of detailed blocks.This should not affect your builds at all and shouldn't be noticeable except for some weird shadowing bugs that may occur.
- Removed Bone tools - They added a bit of clutter and these were rarely if ever used by most of the community.
- Clay Grass and Peat Grass should no longer fall when walking over it, turning it into dirt.
- Wooden Supports, Tool Racks, and Anvils now render as blocks in your inventory instead of 2d textures.
- Crops no longer die from old age by default. This should make SMP somewhat more bearable for those without an unlimited amount of time to babysit their crops. Added a config option 'enableCropsDie'. Set this to true if you want more of a challenge.
- If it starts snowing on your crops, they will now immediately fail unless they are very young and are marked as being frost resistant.(Onion, Garlic, Carrots, Cabbage)
- Fruit leaf blocks on fruit trees are now 5x less likely to spawn fruit when they tick.
- Knapping is now performed by right clicking with a rock instead of crafting 2 rocks together. Must have at least two rocks in the stack of items that you right click with or nothing will happen.
- Changed recipe for beds to fit new wool items.
- Fixed a Very Nasty Bug with Crops where they expected years to be 360 days long. This is why there were a lot of complaints about crops not seeming to work for years etc.
- Fixed nutrient data not being capped to year-length ratio values when rendering for the first time on a block that already has a crop on it. This is why you would sometimes see nutrient values that were significantly higher than normal when in nutrient visualization mode with the hoe.
- Deer and bears should now (hopefully) spawn in SMP.
- The Bloomery block now properly checks the validity of the bloomery structure each time it is accessed. It is no longer possible to place multiple bloomeries in one structure.
- The metallurgy table now properly removes the recipe result from the output slot when the recipe on the table is no longer valid.
- The Bloomery block will no longer just disappear when it becomes invalid. It should instead drop an item.
- Full details on new items and features in Build 76 preview videos 1 & 2 available on the main page.
Beta Build 75
- Slabbing and other chisel activities now properly damage the chisel.
- Tweaked finite water flow code slightly.
- Rolled back the Build 73 Bloomery crash fix due to unintended breaking of the bloomery. New potential fix added in its place. Be sure to report any bloomery crashes with crash logs when this gets released.
- Fixed blueprint issue where one column wasn't always being processed when applying a blueprint to a block.
- Fixed crash when the user had items cooling down in their inventory when accessing the Blueprint GUI.
Beta Build 74
- Added Blueprint - Crafted with one paper and one ink marking - Using a blank blueprint on a detailed block will copy the block to the blueprint stack (This will copy the block layout to every single blueprint item in the stack). A gui will then open which will allow you to name the blueprint for organization purposes. Using the blueprint on a detailed block will consume the blueprint and the block will be chiseled. The player must have a chisel and a hammer on the quickbar for this to function.
- Detailing now causes the hammer to take damage as well.
- Fixed a recursive loop crash when cacti attempted to stack on top of each other in the world.
- Fixed crash related to snow blocks using legacy temperature code. They now correctly use the climate controls instead.
- Vines and random leaves should no longer be left hanging when a large tree is cut down.
- Single log blocks, that are usually branches, that sometimes get left floating after a tree is cut down will now eventually disappear as long as there are no other logs within a one block radius.
- Detailing now properly consumes chisel uses.
Beta Build 73
- Support for MC 1.4.6
- Boulder spawn rate reduced to 1 in 20 from 1 in 13.
- Tool head size and weight changed to Heavy/Large from Medium/Medium.
- Changed the way fruit trees are harvested to right clicking on the leaf block instead of destroying the leaf.
- Fruit trees now take temperature and rainfall into account for initial world generation. The Bio-Temperature of the region must be between 10C and 25C as well as receiving 500mm of rainfall for fruit trees to spawn.
- Locking the chisel to a detailed block should now make sure that you don’t accidentally convert a block to detailed while locked.
- Fixed a rare potential crash loop with bloomeries.
- Fixed issue where a firepit would blink rapidly, when it should be going out, causing an immense amount of lighting updates.
- Fixed all slabs pretending to be ladders even when they weren’t small enough. This should stop a noticeable slowdown that would occur when walking on a slabbed block.
- Peat should once again spawn now that swamps have been clearly defined in the terrain controls.
- Fixed cactus not accepting TFC sand as valid.
- Fixed some derpiness related to explosions and stone.
- Fixed several fruit tree growth bugs. Tested and fruit trees should now all grow and yield properly.
- Plums should now properly render on trees.
- Fixed fruit trees trying to use legacy temperature code from before the Climate Controls were added.
- Blocking should now function properly when you’re not targeting a block.
- Saplings should no longer drop doubles when you break the block beneath them.
- Chisel locking on detailed blocks now works a little more smoothly.
Beta Build 72
- Added anvil recipes for non tool-metal sheets and weld recipes for 2x sheets. Brass, Gold, Lead, Nickel, Pig Iron, Platinum, Silver, Sterling Silver
- It is now possible to lock your chisel to the last detailed block by pressing ‘L’ (Default Key). Pressing ‘L’ again will unlock the tool, allowing free detailing of any blocks.
Tweaks Bug Fixes
- Detailed blocks should now work properly in SMP. When will I learn to test smp independently?
- Placing single planks should no longer delete pre-existing blocks.
- Fixed numerous visual glitches that would occur when the player was breaking a block added by TFC.
- Fixed incorrect horizontal log texture rotations
- Fixed vanilla recipes not being properly disabled by default.
- New format for Unreleased Builds has the build name stricken so that I don’t have to type (Unreleased) every time. I’m just that lazy.
Beta Build 71
- Added large boulders that can be randomly found on the surface of the world. This is a terrain gen feature and is for looks only.
- Increased the depth of surface dirt in terrain generation so that there is more surface soil. This should make sluicing easier so that you no longer run into situations where you need to punch rock.
- Slabbed ladders should once again work as intended
- 2x sheets should now use the proper textures.
- Placing a plank should now properly subtract it from your inventory.
Beta Build 70
- Added support for chiseling wood.
- Added new Detailed chiseling mode that converts a block into 512 sub-blocks that can be individually removed for in-depth detailing work. Image Here
- Single planks can now be placed on any surface to for Wood Construct blocks. Image Here
- Attempting to chop down a tree with an axe that doesn’t have enough health left for each and every block in the tree will now cause only part of the tree to be chopped down. No more using a single stone axe to fell an entire Kapok or Sequoia.
- Saws may no longer be used for felling trees. Axes were being made obsolete by saws.
- Using a stone axe to chop trees now results in a 10% chance for a block to not yield a log. Another tweak aimed at making the use of stone tools not preferable.
- Tweaked metal uses and efficiency numbers. Lower tier metals had their effective reduced with large scaling as you progress up to red/blue steel.
- Trees now check for soil instead of grass when attempting to grow, This means that they should now properly grow on dirt.
- Willow trees should no longer have a single block left floating in the air when cut down.
- The food prep table should now properly update visually when changing the foods.
- Red/Blue Steel has 26x more uses than Zinc.
Beta Build 69: Giggity
- Nutrient Color config settings should now read as an unsigned byte(0 to 255) instead of a byte(-127 to 127). This should make the colors easier to edit.
- Tilling a dirt block will now cause the resulting farmland to have next to no nutrients in order to prevent an exploit. Tilling grass blocks still work as before.
- Fixed tessellator color bug with the food prep block.
- Seeds should no longer be white squares.This bug doesn’t appear on my debug setup so I never know whats rendering wrong.
- Fixed several other white texture bugs.
- The bloomery should no longer cause a client crash by trying to send a server packet when activated in SMP.
- Cactus should now ACTUALLY spawn.
Beta Build 68
- Nutrient Colors when using the hoe can now be altered in the TFCOptions config file if you are colorblind and the colors don’t work for you.
- Players no longer automagically heal in Peaceful Mode.
- Hunger and Thirst should now apply in Peaceful Mode.
- Wooden doors should now have a hardness value.
- Food sprites should no longer be white squares.
- Fixed a few item id conflicts with metal sheets.
- Fixed several tessellator color bugs. These caused crops to sometimes appear very dark even when fully lit. Tool Racks and stone anvils were also affected.
Beta Build 67
- Support for MC 1.4.5
- You can now tell what mode your tool is in via the new UI indicator.
- Hoes now have 3 new modes available to help farmers tend their crops.
- Nutrient Mode - This mode will show the nutrient levels of the farmland. Red = Nutrient A, Orange = Nutrient B, Yellow = Nutrient C
- Water Mode – This mode will show whether the block is near a valid source of water. Blue = has water, Black = no water
- Harvest Mode – This mode will appear green when the crop is ready to harvest and red when it is not yet ready. There are so many plants in tfc that I know it can be confusing to know exactly when a plant is ready to be harvested. Not to mention the coloring bugs that tend to strike quite often.
- Changed bloomery gui to get rid of the controversial numbers. It now shows progress bar indicators for the amounts. Preview Here
- Wild crop rarity increased from 1 in 4 chunks to 1 in 9 chunks
- Javelin thrown damage reduced by 45%
- Javelin melee damage reduced by 27%
- Arrow damage increased by 15%
- Sword/Mace damage heavily rebalanced to make metal weapons more useful.
- All armor durability increased.
- Cactus should now spawn in deserts that are warm and dry.
- Dry grass will now turn into normal grass when there is a local source of water.
- Normal grass will now turn into dry grass if the rainfall of the region is below 500mm and there is no local source of water.
- Trees should no longer hover above the ground when they grow from a sapling.
- Douglas Fir should no longer create a block of vanilla dirt beneath them when they grow.
- Squash should now grow in the wild.
- Various type-casting issues fixed in farmland code.
- Fixed Quern shift click dupe bug.
- You should no longer spawn underground / inside of a block.
- When regenerating your config files, the layout should be returned to what it was pre-1.4. Forge switched the parameters on me.
- Right clicking an animal should once again properly display weather it is pregnant or not.
- The bloomery now saves information slightly differently. If you plan to keep using an old world, I advise deconstructing any bloomeries before upgrading to this version just in case of an issues. You’ve been warned.
Beta Build 66
- Soybeans, Greenbeans, and Squash now have proper seed recipes.
- Tree Saplings should now grow properly. Apparently I got distracted and thought that I was done with this feature and I really wasn’t. Ruh Roh!
- Mob spawning now properly responds to game rules.
- A ghost axe should no longer be left in your inventory when the axe runs out of durability.
- Axe durability loss from chopping down trees should no longer be off by one.
- Tame wolves should no longer growl constantly.
Beta Build 65
- Saplings for trees may now rarely sprout from nothing in the wild if the conditions for growth are met.
- Jungles have now been moved closer to the equator with the temperature ranges of other trees increased by almost double.
- Saplings now track when they were planted and they grow at varying speeds based upon the tree.
- Trees now take a minimum of 7 in game days to grow from a sapling.
- Placing charcoal should now hopefully be devoid of all bugs.
- Fixed misspelled music file name that *may* have been causing the sound to cut out entirely. At the very least it was still a bug because that music file would never have played.
Beta Build 64
- Stone Anvils should no longer cause the chunk that they are placed in to go invisible. Another issue caused by MCP mappings.
Beta Build 63
- Tool Racks should no longer cause the chunk that they are placed in to go invisible. Oops!
- Log Piles should no longer crash when shift clicking. Decompiling on a newer version of forge/mcp mappings is what causes these things to occur usually.
- Fixed several shift click bugs in containers.
Beta Build 62
- Fixed vanilla door recipe interfering with the new door recipes.
- Fixed shift-click crash with the workbench.
Beta Build 61
- Charcoal may now be placed on the ground to create new charcoal blocks or to fill existing blocks.
- It is now possible to create a forge by creating a charcoal pile and filling it with at least 7 charcoal, then lighting it with a firestarter. The surrounded by stone requirement is still in place. The original method still works and uses the same amount of charcoal.
- Added Flint and Steel. Craftable like the vanilla recipe except with a Wrought Iron or Steel Ingot.
- It is now possible to smash a log in the world using a hammer to get sticks.
- Added Cobblestone, Smooth, Brick, and Raw stone walls. The recipes are the same as vanilla.
- Added new plants: Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Soybeans, Greenbeans, Squash.
- Added doors for all wood types. Recipes use the standard vanilla layout with TFC Planks.
- Crops can now be found growing wildly in patches in newly generated chunks. They do not currently regrow in the wild. They will die if they get too old like any other crop.
- Lowered the file sizes of the music in the TerraFirmaCraft soundtrack.
- Rebalanced Knife and Sword/Mace damage to make the numbers not stupid. I derped here.
- The inital spawn location now ranges from -3k to -15k. Was -3k to -17k. This should bring people closer to the treeline. Pine have been observed growing as far north as -15500
- Seeds are now much rarer when harvesting grass.
- Bloomeries should no longer be permanently emitting light.
- Hunger and Thirst should no longer drain when in creative mode.
- Forges should once again have the proper texture when burning.
- Charcoal blocks should no longer cause players to bounce up and down in SMP.
- Fixed broken sluice GUI not rendering the pertinent information.
- Set year length to 96 as it was supposed to already be. Somehow this change didn’t stick before.
- Added a fix for the rotated chunk issue. You may have noticed at the borders of high and low rainfall that dry grass/sand/etc was at the wrong place in the chunk. Chunks are now rotated correctly.
- Added a potential fix for floating islands causing the lower rock layers to be much higher than they should realistically be. Rock layer heights should now ignore floating islands all together.
- Fixed several instances of parts of a block rendering very dark when it was in an area that was lit up. Such as the hammer on an anvil or tools on a tool rack.
- The Food Prep block should no longer drop when broken.
- Hopefully fixed an issue with the water render code that was calling to some vanilla code that it never should’ve been, and causing a random crash.
- Zombies should no longer spawn wearing vanilla armor.
- Douglas Fir should now grow properly.
- Weapons should now have the proper tooltips.
- Metallurgy Tables should no longer allow you to exploit them for free alloys.
- Jungles should no longer be relatively sparse.
- Vines once again grow in jungles.
- Item drops from loose rocks should now correctly match the rock layer that the loose rock is found in.
- Topsoil should now correctly match the surface rock type.
- Fixed disappearing bloomeries.
- Fixed several ores that were attempting to spawn in the wrong places.
- Built on Forge 18.104.22.1684
Beta Build 60
- Added 5 new musical pieces as part of the official soundtrack of TerraFirmaCraft by Menoch Be sure to keep your ears tuned. I’ll see about getting the files sizes toned down some for a smaller download.
- Fixed Forges crashing players when being created. That’s what happens when I code tired :/
- Animals should no longer crash the server when right clicked with something in your hand. Almost the exact same problem as above, the wild items were still in the code but weren’t defined so I didn’t catch that reference to them.
- Fixed id conflicts that were causing all sorts of issues because I split the item implementations into their own methods. (Credit to Yemmster for finding the line and making it easy for me)
- ALWAYS DELETE YOUR CONFIGS FIRST IF YOU RUN INTO ANY ISSUES. THEN YOU CAN REPORT IT IF IT STILL HAPPENS.
Beta Build 59
- Several fixes for crashes related to food.
- The arctic should no longer be a solid sheet of ice.
- Fixed being able to potentially spawn at -20k instead of -17k as intended.
- Build 59 will break any pre-59 world!
Beta Build 58
- When holding a Meal or Food in your hand, your hunger bar will now show a preview of how much of the hunger bar will be restored if you eat that item.
- Chopping down trees now uses up 1 durability per log contained in the tree.
- Players now spawn anywhere from -3000 to -17000 to provide for a more varied game experience of hot and cold temperatures.
- All Crops may now be broken down into seeds by placing the item into your crafting area.
- Quern Added. The Quern is used to grind grains into flour. The Quern is Built in two parts. First you must build the Quern Base itself with 3 pieces of smooth stone. Then you must build the Handstone with 3 pieces of raw stone and a stick. Place the Quern Base and activate it to open the UI. Place the handstone in the top slot and some grain in the left slot. Close the gui you’ll notice that the handstone is now rendered on top of the base. Right click the wooden handle and the handstone will begin to grind the grain into flour.
- Wheat flour, Rye Flour, Barley Flour, Oat flour, Rice flour, and Cornmeal(Grind a Maize Ear) added.
- Dough for the listed flours has been added. Combine 2 flours of the same type and a wooden bucket of water to make dough.
- Breads for the above dough added. Simply cook the dough.
- Running and living in a hot environment(>30C) will cause slightly higher water consumption.
- All ‘wild’ versions of plants were removed. Decided not to go this route.
- Put tree hardness value back down. I forgot to undo my change when I was toying with this.
- Idle hunger now ticks once per hour instead of once per 30 minutes IGT(In Game Time). Heal Rate still ticks every 30 minutes IGT.
- Hunger from healing now gets used at a rate of 1 per 30min IGT instead of 2 per 30min IGT
- Scribing tables and Metallurgy tables should now properly remove the input items when crafting. For reals this time!
- Bows should no longer kill the person firing it.
- Arrows should properly render in the world once again.
- Added a potential fix for the vanilla food system continuing to function in the background.
- Players should no longer become instantly hungry when they reconnect to a server that has been running for a while. The internal food consumption clock wasn’t being reset so it would drain all of your hunger as it caught itself up to the server time.
- Animals now play the proper sounds. Mojang changed the sound directories.
Beta Build 57
- Meals can once again stack with similar meals.
- Scribing tables and Metallurgy tables should now properly remove the input items when crafting.
- TFC Bows now render with the proper texture when equipped.
- Fixed server crash caused by respawning.
Beta Build 56
- Players now gain extra health as they level up at the rate of 25 health per level.
- Players gain extra water reserves as they level up allowing them to sprint for ever longer periods of time.
- Upon respawning, the player starts with 35-60% health, 35-60% hunger, and a short 45-90 second slow debuff.
- It’s now possible to drink water from glass bottles to restore your water stat.
- When retrieving a tool from a tool rack it should no longer shoot up into the air. It will now eject much more gracefully.
- Adjusted Javelin damage to bring it in line with other weapons.
- All entities should now take the proper damage from environmental sources(Fire/Drowning/Falling).
- Players should now heal properly when skipping time by sleeping.
- The potential Power of a meal is now capped based upon the number of ingredients used.
- It’s no longer possible to create a meal with multiples of the same food type.
- All food items now correctly show size, weight and filling.
- The XP bar is once again visible.
- Meals no longer stack.
- Eating a warm meal now provides double the bonus of a cold meal. Just heat it up in a firepit until the temperature says at least warm. Leave it too long and you’ll lose it! The stat change when warming is visible in the tooltip.
- Arrow damage should now be brought up to par.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when the player disconnected from a map instead of pressing the X to close the game completely.
- Fixed firepit related item dupe
- Fixed loose rocks having improper collision.
- The Meal Prep UI now accepts stacks of items.
- Much to my delight, as a byproduct of the new health system and the amount of damage that mobs are now capable of doing, armor has started working as it was originally intended. However it also tends to wear out faster than you might be used to. Taking as little damage as possible is now preferable to standing there tanking damage as in previous versions.
- When I get around to herbalism and alchemy we’ll have some ways (with a little work) to potentially heal faster.
Beta Build 55
- Zombies will no longer drop vanilla items. They’ve been replaced with TFC Items. This will be expanded upon in the future.
- Fixed a crash when eating food.
- Firepits and forges should properly eject their items when removed from the world.
- The TFC versions of vanilla mobs should now correctly spawn at night instead of the vanilla versions.
- Fixed several instances of bad render code causing custom blocks to render as a full cube.
Beta Build 54
- Tweaked weapon damage to bring them in line with the new health system.
- All mobs have had their health and damage brought into line with the new health system.
- Fixed loose rocks not rendering properly.1.4.2 changed some rendering code :/
Beta Build 53
- Support for Minecraft v1.4.2
- It is now possible to change the number of days in a year in the config. Servers with a constant up time may wish to change this to old default of 360 days in a year, whereas solo players may want this down much lower. I find that 96 is reasonable for solo play, so I’ll be making that the default(since a majority of players play in a setting where this number will most likely be most relevant). I’m not responsible if any bugs pop up from using a number that is not a multiple of 12. This should scale crops and animals properly. If something seems off, let us know.
- Scythes can now be used to harvest crops. Warning! Using on tomatoes will yield nothing. Pick them by hand.
- Added a new Protection Meter block that functions as a gauge for the spawn protection in whatever chunk it is placed in. The meter fills up and turns from red to green as the amount of protection reaches 16 days. Any extra protection is not shown by the meter. The Recipe can be seen HERE and can be used with any smooth stone and any gem of normal or lower quality. The recipe and the texture will change in time to more accurately reflect the theme of TFC. This was created mostly because I believe folks need a way to be sure that that protection system is working as intended and I am not fond of console commands for normal gameplay. Note that the maximum spawn protection in a chunk is equal to 6 months in game. The actual number of days of which is dependent upon the length of your years. The art is obviously programmer art. Expect better in time.
- Added Meals: Meals are a way for players to mix and match foods to create a dish which is more effective and can give the player special effects such as movement speed or damage resistance upon consumption. In order to create a meal, the player must right click with a knife on the top of a non-dirt block and it will create a surface for the player to work on. The player may then add up to 4 ingredients + a wooden bowl to create the meal. This system encourages experimentation and the exploitation of many types of food. Once you’ve found a good recipe it will always be the same as long as the seed for your world does not change.
- Loose rocks are no longer uniform in size and shape. Preview Here..
- Rock layers now rise and fall with the terrain. Here’s a pretty picture that i drew in paint to illustrate
- Added new In Game UI to better handle the changes made to players.
- Players now have 1000 health instead of the vanilla 20. This change will allow for more variation among weapons.
- Players now have 100 Hunger and 4 days worth of Water(based on the day length in your config). The change to hunger allows for more in depth foods. Water is used for sprinting and goes down on its own very slowly. Upon reaching 50% water the player can no longer sprint. At 25% they get a slow debuff. Until waterskins are added, you can just jump in a block of water to take care of thirst.
- Crops have been altered to simplify the code and make using them a tad easier. Water saturation is no longer tracked. A mechanic similar to vanilla is now in place where not having water nearby confers a negative bonus to growth speed.
- As I replace the vanilla UI with one that better suits some of the coming changes I’ve removed the debug stuff from the calendar menu and it now exists on the F3 debug screen.
- Fixed Crops not providing any drops when they had clearly reached their final growth stage. It was checking if the current growth was > the number of growth stages instead of >=.
- Fixed an embarrassing bug with the spawn protection system where logging in would cause the protection to max out in that chunk due to the timer being set to 0.
Beta v2 Build 52e
- Dirt should no longer hop around like a rabbit on speed when it gets held up by a support beam. For real this time!
- Removed duplicate renderer registration that was causing a graphical glitch with falling rocks.
- Fixed a major ore generation issue where ore was generating in the wrong chunks.
- Failing to place a log pile right clicking on the face of another log pile won't consume anymore the logs in the inventory.
- Won't remove the log pile when someone has it still opened. This avoids losing the logs put into the log pile GUI after that someone else emptied it and made the log pile disappear.
- Fixed missing breaks causing the code to make up the "wrong" stalactite and stalagmite types.
Beta v2 Build 52d
- Gold pans now have a max stack size of 1 in order to prevent an exploit
- Anvils are now considered Huge/Heavy.
- Its no longer possible to smooth/slab/stair the ceiling with a chisel when mining to evade cave-ins.
- Fixed losing an entire stack of Bellows when you attempt to place one.
- Dirt should no longer hop around like a rabbit on speed when it gets held up by a support beam.
Beta v2 Build 52c
- Forges can now be built with Slabs around them as long as the slab is touching the forge block itself.
- Weapons are now Large instead of Medium.
- Hoes are now Large instead of Medium.
- Fixed several items that should be placeable in the world not placing themselves due to MCP continually renaming stuff :/
- Fixed losing an entire stack of Tool Racks when you attempt to place one.
Beta v2 Build 52b
- Fixed NullPointerException when attempting to spawn creatures in a chunk with no ChunkData map.
- Fixed item stacking issues in the forge, firepit, and anvil.
- Fixed NullPointerException in getSkyProvider. (You must use Forge 269+ from now on)
Beta v2 Build 52
- The inventory size mechanic has undergone a further revamp. Each item now has a size and weight defined for it. Some inventories may have weight requirements in the future(such as bags) wherein they can't hold items over a maximum weight and already the chest has a maximum size of Medium. There are currently three Weight classes: Light/4,Â Medium/2,Â Heavy/1. Weight applies a modifier to the stack size determined by the items' size(which now only represents the item bulkiness). Ex: Item A is Large and Heavy. Large tells us that the stack size is 4 and Heavy says the multiplier is 1. (4 * 1 = 4) so Item A would stack to 4. If Item B is Large and Light it would be (4 * 4 = 16), so Item B would stack to 16. Hopefully this is explained well enough.
- First stage of mob spawning rewriting is complete. Each chunk now has a stored Spawn Protection value. When this number is greater than 0, mobs are not allowed to spawn in a given chunk. In order to increase this number, simply spend at least 1 hour(In game time) in a chunk and 6 hours(in game time) of spawn protection will be added to that chunk and each neighboring chunk. Every chunk starts at -24 hours of protection. This means that you must spend at least 4 hours in a place for a chunk to start to be considered "lived in".
- Added wall mountable tool rack for putting your tools and weapons on display. Each Tool rack can hold 4 items. With the item in your hand simply right click on one of the 4 quadrants of the weapon rack and your tool will be placed in that spot. Right clicking again in that spot will remove the tool. The recipe can be seen Here Yes the icon uses the colored sticks textures atm. Programmer art.
- Changed log placement. The side of a block that you click on is now where the inner part of the log is placed.
- Chests now accept items up to size Medium.
- Added a proper mcmod.info file and logo image for the FML mods screen.
- Fixed placing logs not reducing the number of logs in your inventory.
- Fixed several instances of items and tools stacking when they shouldn't have been.
- Fixed some cases of improper item cooling and generally streamlined that code.
- Fixed saws getting destroyed after one use when crafting support beams.
Beta v2 Build 51
- Building structures with dirt or sand is now very ill-advised. Trying to stack two blocks of dirt or sand on top of each other will now cause the top block to roll off the side causing piles of soil to form. Goodbye dirt huts of invulnerability.
- Logs can now be placed vertically or horizontally just as vanilla. To place a log pile, crouch and place or place on the side of an already full log pile. It's no longer possible to place log piles on top of non-full log piles.
- Added Bucket Plan. I'll let you guys figure out the recipe (Its not that hard) and one of the wiki editors will throw it up before long if you just can't figure it out
- Added Red Steel and Blue Steel Buckets capable of transporting water and lava source blocks. Red Steel can carry water. Blue Steel is for lava. Buckets require a metal sheet of the appropriate type to craft.
- Tall grass should grow less often.
- Dedicated servers should handle client disconnects more gracefully.
- Reduced daily temperature fluctuations to +-5C
- Halved the effect of the avg rainfall amount on the temperature of a region. 1-rainAmount/16000 instead of 1-rainAmount/8000 instead
- Increased temperature based growth modifier by ~16% living in a lower temp area should see slightly increased growth speed over the lifetime of a plant.
- Making planks with Axes now yields 3 planks, down from 4
- Making planks with Saws now yields 8 planks, down from 12
- It is no longer possible to make supports with an axe, they must instead be made with a saw. (This should move supports into the metal age and away from being an early game utility.)
- Chests have had their former size restored. However they now make use of the Item Size system and only allow storage of items of size Small or smaller. I WILL BE CONTINUING TO ADD MORE STORAGE TYPES OVER THE NEXT FEW UPDATES TO OFFSET THIS.
- Changed some of the item sizes and added others. The entire size system is going to be getting a major change in the next big patch, so as before, this system is not complete and you'll just have to live with the weirdness until it all settles. Yes I'm aware that logs can be put in chests atm. This is something that the coming changes to the size system will be meant to address.
- Added a check to make sure that chiseling MM rock is handled server side and not by the client.
- Hopefully now the REAL Concurrent Modification Exception fix!. Even though I have been missing the actual bug I'm finding some glaring mistakes in other areas so its still progress
- Fixed infinite charcoal pile bug.
Beta v2 Build 50c
- Seeds should be using the proper textures again.
- Prospecting Picks should have a name in game again.
- Added some debug code to try and track down the Concurrent Modification Exception.
Beta v2 Build 50b
- Axes should be using the proper textures again.
- Sugarcane should be placeable on the new sand now.
- Removed some leftover debugging code.
Beta v2 Build 50
- Almost all Items now list a size in their tool-tip when you look at them. This size determines the stack-ability of the item and what slots are capable of holding these items. The sizes are: Tiny/64, Very Small/32, Small/16, Medium/8, Large/4, Very Large/2, Huge/1. The size chosen for each item is a combination of weight and volume. These sizes, as with everything in TFC are still being worked on and do not represent the final version. In fact I wasn't even ready to release this but I need to push 50 for performance reasons.
- Leaves now degenerate rapidly(but not instantly). This should help prevent a runaway recursive error that would rarely strike with Sequoias.
- Terrain layer shifting scaled down so that it occurs more often.
- Boosted tilled soil nutrient regeneration some.
- Previously I attempted to make rock layers make more sense with sedimentary on the surface layer, Metamorphic more likely on the second layer and igneous on the bottom. This was apparently the cause of sedimentary layers not appearing in worlds. I've removed this feature and sedimentary layers have returned.
- Its now possible to place regular saplings on dry grass.
- Clay grass should now be using the proper clay textures.
- Fixed grass growing in a dry area not using the dry grass texture.
- Further fix for concurrent modification exception. I'll get it eventually.
- Clients should receive an update packet when harvesting tomatoes now.
- The sign recipe should give a sign item now instead of a sign block.
- Autumn leaves should no longer change to weird colors.
Beta v2 Build 49j
- Further fix for concurrent modification exception.
- Fix for another NPE with fruit trees. I missed a variable last time.
Beta v2 Build 49i
- Placing fruit tree saplings should now work correctly in SMP.
- Fixed NullPointerException when attempting to chisel cobblestone.
- Tall grass should no longer replace non-air blocks when it grows.
- Clay should no longer appear in areas of dry grass.
- Made clay mold recipe accept clay with any damage value. For whatever reason mc is setting the damage value of clay when you harvest it.
- Hopefully fixed a concurrent modification exception on dedicated servers. We'll see.
- Sluices and gold pans should now accept the new sand blocks.
Beta v2 Build 49h
- Tall grass will now grow on top of grass blocks at a speed that depends on the rainfall for the region.
- Shift clicking logs into a log pile will now properly only stack them to 4 instead of 12.
- Fixed charcoal blocks duping when you dug out the non charcoal surface beneath them.
- Grass should now once again regrow on dirt blocks
- Dirt and sand blocks that are held in your hand should have the proper textures now instead of being white. I shouldn't have capitalized the letter B in the file name.
- Fixed anvil recipes not registering on dedicated servers.
Beta v2 Build 49g
- When a charcoal pit is finished, instead of dropping the charcoal items on the ground, the charcoal is now physically represented in the world by a charcoal block which must be collected with a shovel (Take that all you people who said you never make shovels (Crysyn I'm looking at you)). Each block contains up to 8 charcoal and must be harvested repeatedly to obtain all of the charcoal.
- Chests should no longer cause chunk resets. How many times has this bug hit us now? You'd think I'd learn, but nope.
- Cookable food items should now display temperatures properly.
- Time on the calendar screen is now properly updated in SMP.
- Fixed slabs causing a crash due to incorrect packet handling. As a bonus, I've made the net code a little better(slightly less bandwidth usage from chiseling blocks).
Beta v2 Build 49f
- Fixed NBT Data for items that need to be heated or worked not syncing with the client on dedicated servers. This may also have been affecting LAN games. Either way it's fixed.
Beta v2 Build 49e
- Working metal on an anvil should now properly register with the server. Big oops!
- Added a fix for a null pointer exception with the fruit trees.
- When placing dirt into the world it should now retain its color.
- Falling dirt should play sounds effects properly now.
- It should now be possible to once again rebind the custom keys added by TFCraft.
- Fixed placement of cobblestone to not replace support beams when placed on an adjacent block.
Beta v2 Build 49d
- Fruit Tree growth is now handled via tile entity instead of random block ticks. It's not a big change but it may have a few bugs so be on the look out. This is just a preliminary implementation and it will be expanded upon to bring the trees into line with crops to a certain extent.
- Sluices should be placeable once again.
- The Pro Pick should once again be able to detect ores.
Beta v2 Build 49c
- Loose rock should be spawning properly again.
- The world seed should now be properly synced to the world chunk manager meaning that the server and client are now expecting the same world information.
- Sand and Dry Grass should now work with shovels correctly
- Added more error handling for the packethandler
- Fixed workbench gui not always opening.
Beta v2 Build 49b
- Dedicated servers should now be able to correctly launch. This was an oversight. I'd thought that since the client operates with a server that there would be no differences. I was wrong :/
- Anvils will now perform a block update when you close the gui triggering a re-render of the block. The hammer should be immediately visible.
- The Bloomery, Scribing Tables and Metallurgy Tables should now correctly open the gui when activated.
- The Bellows should now be placeable and function when activated.
- Anvils should no longer dupe client side when destroyed.
- Harvesting a stone anvil with a pick will no longer yield the old stone anvil item.
- Fixed a bloomery related crash due to incorrect packet handling.
- The new sand now properly shows temperature when being heated and the specific heat was increased.(Heat up a bit faster)
Beta v2 Build 49 Codename: Kaaaaaaaaaaahn!
- Temperature is now majorly based off of the Z Axis in game with -Z being North and +Z being south (blame openGL for this retarded crap not me). The hard coded world size is currently 20k blocks from equator to the frozen wastes. I may add an option for this later. DO NOT ASK FOR IT OR YOU MIGHT GET KICKED/BANNED IF I'M IN A BAD MOOD. NO it is not necessarily a good idea at this juncture of development. Also after plenty of world tests I think that 20k is underestimated in size.
- Biomes as defined by Minecraft are now a thing of the past. Instead of hard coded biomes, the world is now generated by overlaying multiple layers of information and selecting what should be where from that information. The layers used are Temperature, Average Rainfall(localized weather has not yet been added so this is purely simulated), Evapotranspiration ratio(this is backwards as the vegetation in the region determines the EVT but I use it to determine how thick the vegetation in a given area will be), 3 tree type layers, 3 rock type layers and an elevation layer.
- Rock layers are no longer linear and confined to a strict set of biomes. They also overlap in different ways, meaning that the edge of one rock layer does not mean that you are at the edge of another layer beneath it.
- Similarly the tree layers are defined in an overlapping fashion. Trees also only spawn if the conditions for their growth are met such as a sufficient BioTemperature(The average of all high temperatures in an area for an entire year), and rainfall amounts.
- Added colored sand for the different rock types to bring it in line with dirt etc.
- Caves should now properly reach to the surface although they are known to be somewhat rare in general. This will be tweaked.
- With the permission of ScottKillen of Extra BiomesXL I've begun using some assets from Extra Biomes in TFC to make the world a bit prettier. Specifically the tree generators. Sequoias never looked so pretty. More things will be coming from that mod in the future.
- Added a Dry Grass block for areas with low rainfall.
- Terrain will be continuing to undergo some changes so don't get too attached to your worlds right away.
- Stone anvils are now semi permanent. As long as a hammer is in the hammer slot when you leave the gui, it will stay an anvil, otherwise it will revert to w/e stone type it was before. It is no longer tied to the dominate rock layer but the Igneous Intrusive/Extrusive restriction is back in effect. Stone anvils also render the hammer icon on the surface(This was more or less a test but I liked the look so it stays).
- Ladders can now be made from chiseled stone. The only rules are that the depth(as you're facing the wall) be at least 5 layers approximately(This is a minecraft thing) and the height of the chiseled block be be no more 2 layers thick. chiseled stone that meets these rules will be automatically considered a ladder by the game.
- TerraFirmaCraft is no longer a jar mod. Simply throw it in your mods folder like any other mod.
- Crops should now sync with the clients properly when being reloaded.
- Added localizations that were missing for some food items.
- It will currently never snow even when it's below freezing. One of the consequences of being independent from the jar is that I can no longer edit the core files as I please and I must wait for certain forge features to be added before I can make MC do what I want. In this case, controlling the snow code.
- There are probably things that I didn't catch while testing stuff. You guys will be able to find and compile a list for me far faster than I can on my own so I'm releasing despite this.
Beta v2 Build 48g
- Fixed a memory leak with killing animals that have babies
- Fixed animal hunger value not decrementing correctly
Beta v2 Build 48f
- Until straw is added as a byproduct of growing grains, you can feed animals wheat grain for mating purposes.
- Fixed animals not giving birth to the right species and litter size.
- Animals will now give birth to the correct number of animals as they would in real life. This should give more incentive to breed animals.
- Sheep should once again eat grass to restore their wool
Beta v2 Build 48e
- Reverted the LOD switch. Wide-scale testing showed that it gave worse performance
Beta v2 Build 48d
- Dynamic LOD switching for leaves added. The rage for the lod transition is set quite low. This is changeable in your TFCOptions.cfg file. Increase to make the transitions happen farther away. I'll appreciate feedback weather this improved performance or not.
- Fixed a server crash related to farmland that doesn't have access to water.
- Fixed the charcoal pit offset being off by one. A full sized pit should now work fine.
Beta v2 Build 48c
- Fixed enemy mobs not spawning
- Reworked placement conditions for rock items in order to work out the kinks. Placing cobble should work much better now.
- Animals should spawn as adults now instead of babies.
Beta v2 Build 48b
- Rolled back the change that allowed walking up grass/stone/etc. It caused some unforeseen issues in SMP. I'll take a look at this again later :/
- Loose stone should be breakable once again.
- Breaking the dirt beneath loose stone will not give the proper item that breaking that stone would've given rock/ore.
Beta v2 Build 48 Codename: Still for 1.2.5
- Naturally occurring surface blocks such as Raw Stone, Grass, and Dirt will now behave similar to stairs, allowing you to traverse the world without jumping to go up a single block. This does not at all negate the need for stairs in the world, it merely makes exploration less destructive to your spacebar. This has some quirks, typically with animals. I'll be paying attention to feedback.
- Added variable ambient temperatures on a day by day basis. This means that every day will have temperatures that vary +-5 degrees from the norm. Added to aid in agriculture uncertainty.
- Added a setting in TFCOptions.cfg for changing the length of a MC day. A typical MC day lasts 24000 ticks. By setting it to 48000, a full day will take twice as long. Conversely, 12000 will make days pass twice as fast. DO NOT CHANGE THIS IF YOU PLAY SMP UNLESS THE SERVER HAS IT CHANGED AS WELL The server now sends this info to the client. You must restart your client before playing SSP in order to get your own settings back.
- Added Deer to the world.
- The first phase of agriculture has been added including 19 new crops with several more to come in future patches. This is to be considered a working prototype. With the exception of the Cereals it is only possible to get new seeds by busting tall grass and finding them. There will eventually be wild varieties of many plants that can be found as well as proper ways to make sure that your crops are self sustaining. Food/Agri is not balanced and will undoubtedly go through several iterations!
- Tilled soil now stores information about the nutrient levels in that plot of dirt. There are 3 separate nutrient groups for soil called A, B and C. Each plant belongs to a certain nutrient group(also referred to as its cycle type). As the plant grows it uses the nutrients up. It may be alright to plant a plant from the same nutrient group back to back but over-farming a spot with plants from the same group will lead to drastically slower growth times for your plants. Leaving an area fallow or planting a plant from a different cycle type will give the soil time to replenish its nutrient levels. Soil also has a water saturation level which can be replenished via nearby irrigation or rain (Rain replenishes much better). In the future there will most likely be such a thing as over-saturation for some plants requiring the need to control your irrigation.
- Crops grow based upon the current temperature, amount of sunlight they receive, water saturation, and time. All crops have an average amount of time that they will take to reach maturity which is directly affected by the temperature and nutrient levels. In this rare case I'll be giving some numbers. Nutrient levels start off at 85000 and max at 120000. Anything below 100000 causes a gradual slow down in growth speed. Nutrients are reduced at a rate of 250 per growth tick(every 22-26 hours) multiplied by the crops individual nutrient usage modifier. Some crops such as soybeans and greenbeans which are coming soon will help restore the Nutrient levels of a different cycle type.
- When harvesting the Cereals you will receive Wheat/Rye/etc. This is not the finished item. Temporarily, the next step is to place them in the crafting area with a knife in order to get the grain. Coming soon is proper threshing for these crops as well as straw as a byproduct. Grain can be turned into seed and vice-versa in the crafting area. Harvesting tomatos can be done via right click which will revert the plant back a few stages and allow it to produce more food. Currently this is the only plant which functions this way.
- When a dirt collapse occurs, the grass above it will no longer stay floating.
- Mobs should now have no trouble path-finding through leaves/loose rocks/firepits etc
- Migrated 99% of the TFC changes to the vanilla BiomeGenBase class to a new TFCBiome Class. This shouldn't affect users but is noted here for potential oddness that may creep up in the future.
- Unified some fire related code in order to simplify bug fixing. As a result the Firepit is no longer affected by height. This was also done because people did not understand why this was added in the first place.
- Significantly reduced the force of a thrown javelin. They should no longer move like bullets nor fly as far.
- Removed Vazkii's Mod Update Manager. Nice in theory but I didn't like it in practice and a number of people has annoyances.
- Bread Recipe now uses either Wheat Grain, Rye Grain, Oat Grain, Barley Grain, or Rice Grain.
- Fixed Forge temperature dropping when it's raining and the forge is covered. Building a forge that can see the sky when it's raining will cause the temperature to drop.
- Animals should no longer sometimes report being dual sexes in smp
- Animals should now grow over time properly even if in unloaded chunks.
- It is no longer possible to milk bulls.
Beta v2 Build 47f
- Increased the max burn time of all lumber by 5 minutes (In game time)
- Updated some textures.
- Fixed durability for propicks using an ancient system of fixed numbers instead of being tied to the metal types of all other metals. This made their durability extremely low.
- Melting an ingot with no molds in a forge will no longer provide a free mold.
- It should no longer be able to place rocks in the same spot where you are standing.
Beta v2 Build 47e
- Fixed ingots not heating in the firepit after they've been worked.
Beta v2 Build 47d
- The plank recipe for signs should now properly give signs instead of trapdoors. Oopsie!
- Fixed the charcoal process being left on debug settings which caused the entire process to finish too quickly.
Beta v2 Build 47c
- Douglas Fir will now use the new tree shape when grown from a sapling.
- Placing unshaped metal into the firepit with no molds beneath it will no longer cause the metal in the mold to disappear upon reaching liquid. Instead the object will simply drop into a lower slot.
- Added an alert to the temperature readout to let you know when you're within 10% of the boiling point for an object
- The firepit uses a new search algorithm, similar to tree felling which allows it to support charcoal pits of varying shapes and sizes up to 25m wide and 13m tall. In order to start the charcoal process a lit firepit simply needs 1 logpile on top of it. The firepit must still be lit at the base of the charcoal pile. Important: The charcoal is now spit out into the world and the firepit will disappear upon completion. This is not a bug, the firepit simply can't hold that much charcoal.
- When creating a stone anvil, the gui will now automatically open. Note that the anvil can only be made if the player uses the hammer on a piece of stone that actually belongs in that location. i.e. Using your hammer on a piece of raw basalt while standing in a layer of chert will not work. You must use it on the chert instead.
- Removed recipe for Flint tools and stone anvils.
- Fixed Log Pile stacking. Shift clicking in logs or adding them via right clicking on the block will now properly make the stack size 4.
- It should no longer be possible to add small ore pieces to the forge.
- Fixed shift clicking items out of the sluice deleting the items.
Beta v2 Build 47b
- Wooden Bowls - This was in 47 but I forgot to document it. In order to make wooden bowls easily (needed to make a gold pan), take a log and place it in your crafting area with a knife above it. You'll receive 4 bowls.
- Added recipes for doors, trapdoors, and signs using the new planks.
- Removed some dumb notch-code that I missed which was tripling drops from animals when they died.
- Fixed Sluice recipe to use any kind of plank instead of only oak
- Fixed Scribing table recipe to use any kind of plank instead of only oak
- Fixed Bellows recipe to use any kind of plank instead of only oak
- Stone anvils should no longer dupe items that it ejects.
Beta v2 Build 47
- Sluice - The sluice has been rebuilt and is now a powerful tool in aiding the player as a form of prospecting. It also still functions similarly to before, however it now can yield small pieces of ore that yield 1/4 of the metal that a mined piece of ore would give. The sluice aids in prospecting by scanning an area roughly 100m around itself and 60m deep. It will only provide ore that it can find in that area as well as any assortment of gems just as before. Feeding sand to a sluice box will have a higher chance to find gems and gravel increases the chances that you'll find ore. Soil can be provided by emptying the contents a gold pan into the sluice by right clicking with the gold pan in your hand on the sluice(adds 7 soil, max 50). Alternatively you may throw individual blocks of gravel or sand into the water feed that flows into the sluice. Upon reaching the sluice, if able, it will be auto consumed providing 20 soil.
- Gold Pan - The gold pan acts as a sluice light by scanning an area roughly 50m around itself and 35m deep.
- Planks - Just like the rock items added recently, in preparation for an eventual construction overhaul, planks have been added to the game. For now you can combine 4 in a square to create a plank block like existed before. Appropriate recipes have been updated to reflect this change. Axes give 4 planks, saws give 12.
- Surface Ore - Just as the ancients were once able to easily pick pieces of metal up off the ground, so too can you now find small pieces of ore while roaming the world. Harvest loose rocks for a chance to find ore. This is also a great way to find ore veins close to the surface since you will only get ore if there is a vein nearby!
- Changed ore gen code to use a new style of ore gen based on MarcoPolo1613's work. Ore Veins typically hold less ore than they do before, but due to the style, you'll see a lot more ore around. Some ores continue to use the old system.
- Peat was only spawning in 5 of the swamp biomes, it now should spawn in all 10 types.
- Clay Pit depth increased from 1 to 2
- Max height of Clay and Peat spawning reduced from 150 to 147. They may be harder to spot now, but they are still there, just beneath the grass.
- Ocean Biomes now have sandy floors as well as new code to help beaches naturally form. Its not perfect but its a step toward a better looking world.
- Swamps now have more land on average than before.
- Chest Recipe changed to use the new planks. This is the equivalent of 2 vanilla planks to make a chest instead of 8. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
- Changed world gen to use combine into a single massive array after the upper and lower passes are finished. This brings back surface caves and ravines. Caves are still acting up and do not want to puncture the dirt layers yet, but they CAN be found above 128 now.
- Merged the surface rock layer with the one beneath it and increased the height of rock layers. This means that biomes now only have 3 rock layers as opposed to 4. This gives more room for ore veins to appear.
- Removed Stone Propick recipe.
- Pigs now drop leather in addition to pork.
- Chickens, Cows and Pigs have had their amount of drops increased greatly. Remember, the bigger the animal, the more drops, so raise them well! Keep in mind that animals are still a work in progress and there will undoubtedly continue to issues with them until we complete the system.
- Doubled all tool max uses except for stone.
- Removed Stone Pickaxes. Besides the fact that they are incredibly unrealistic, they devalued metal picks and allowed players to progress far faster than is intended. The new changes mentioned in the new features should allow players to have a far easier time finding metal to begin with, not to mention the added realism. Many stone tools were made in history. Stone picks are basically nonexistent. This WILL make the early game more difficult, I am aware. The types of early building options will undoubtedly be limited for a while until more early building materials are added.
- Stone anvils are now incredibly simple. With a hammer in your hand right click on the top of a block of raw stone anywhere. It will be turned into a temporary stone anvil. Once you close the gui, the anvil will revert to raw stone. I'll work on making the anvil continue to look like raw stone later. For now it turns into an anvil model.
- Removed one stick from the Javelin recipe. It is now just a rock on top of a stick.
- Arrows are now a shapeless recipe. Simply place a rock, stick, and feather in your crafting area to make 8 arrows.
- Rivers now have mostly gravel bottoms with some sand and dirt.
- Increased Javelin melee durability to 50 from 35. Reduced break chance of a javelin from 20% to 10%.
- Removed some unnecessary multiplication that was throwing the loose rock generation completely out of whack.
Beta v2 Build 46e
- Scythe maximum uses increased by a factor of 3.
- Item heat rate increased by about 30%
- Firepits should once again heat items. Big oops! You tweak one little thing and the entire thing breaks.
- Stairs should have proper collision when mining them. It should no longer be possible to accidentally mine the block behind them.
- Removed the temperature edit to EntityRenderer and made the temperature code a little smarter. This should bring back compatibility with optifine.
Beta v2 Build 46d
- Fixed firepits and forges assigning the temperature of an item that has just been added using the old temperature system instead of the new one.
- ~10% increase to ore spawn rates
- The knapping interface should now be free of shift click bugs
- Orange and Green Apple saplings should now have the correct tooltips
- Fruit trees should now be more rare.
- Fixed Stone Pro Pick head using the knife head texture.
Beta v2 Build 46c
- Added a null check to EntityAIFollowParentTFC
- Entities will once again drop their items upon death
- SMP login should no longer cause a client crash due to a reflection error
Beta v2 Build 46b Codename: I hate releasing hotfixes 20 minutes after I release an update!
- Removed the chunk walls...again...
- Fixed an issue where I wasn't syncing the server files with the client files for the past few patches.
- Fixed an issue with fruit trees using the old ambient temperature system.
Beta v2 Build 46 Codename: Jiminy Cricket
- Ghost dirt blocks should no longer appear above grass when a dirt cavein occurs in SMP.
- Chickens should no longer commit suicide while jumping up blocks.
- Buffed Knife damage as a weapon. It's weaker than an axe but better than fighting bare handed.
- Upgraded Vazkii's Mod Update Manager to v2.1.
- Properly implemented birth and the parent following ai of mobs.
- Female bears will sometimes spawn with 1-2 cubs.
- Wolf growling after tamed should stop.
- Fixed animal item pick up and feeding by throwing items. Currently, wolves will pick up raw beef and pork off the ground and bears will pick up raw beef, pork and fish.
- Removed height factor from forge temperature equation.
- Reworked ambient temperature system. Temperatures should make more sense depending on biome type.
- Firepits should properly leave behind an empty mold when you are combining two partial unshaped metal molds by draining one into another. Note: This is the proper way of combining unshaped metal. Using the crafting table to 'repair' the items is not intended and will be patched out at some point.
- Fixed another instance of the 0 stack bug that has haunted me since Beta 1.
- Fixed an issue with the client and server operating off of different seeds. This was causing a whole host of issues.
- Bloomeries now use up charcoal at the same rate as the ore smelts. This should finally put bloomeries at a point where I feel they are operating as intended.
- Upgraded to Vazkii's Mod Update Manager v2.2
- Boosted metal yield from ore.
- Re-buffed rock hardness to make getting metal tools more of a reward. (I'll get you stone pick worshipers one day!)
Beta v2 Build 45 Codename: :emanedoC
- The propick vertical scan radius has been doubled. The Scan box is now 25x25x25 blocks in size from 25x25x13.
- Fixed syncing issue with slabs. All players should now see changes that other players are making in SMP without the need for a relog.
- Fixed chisel mode going out of sync with the server.
- Baby animals should now follow their mothers. If a baby cannot find it's mother, it will look for a nearby entity to follow around. (warning: if they are taken from their mother too early, they will not be able to nurse and will eventually starve.)
- Males should now rutt during their mating season and fight over females before breeding in the wild. Although coded, this has yet to be observed.
- All animals have sizes relative to a species average. Males range from 0.8 to 1.2 times the species average and females range 0.7 to 1.1.
- Larger animals are more likely to do more damage (currently only in wolves).
- Size of babies is completely inheritable, and can be selectively bred (if you took the time). More attributes will be inheritable in the future.
- Firepits should no longer play the fire sound when they are not burning.
- Storage minecarts are now in line with chests for storage amount.
Beta v2 Build 44b
- Fixed an SMP issue where clients where getting Internal Server errors due to receiving data for a tileentity that was no longer there.
Beta v2 Build 44 Codename: XZILMGV RH Z OZNV HKZMRZIW
- Gave Chests a mapping in SMP. Should stop the disappearing chunks with chests in them in SMP.
- Mate AI now checks which partner is female, and only allows mating of opposite genders. Birth is now generated from inside the EntityAnimalTFC class. Implemented pregnancy, default time of 120 days. Bears now attack the player on sight. Wolves now growl at any player who approaches them for 6 seconds. If the player is still in range of the wolf at the end of the 6 seconds, the wolf becomes angry and attacks.
- The new Douglas Fir shape should correctly generate in SSP, oops.
- More tweaks to Underground Rivers. Water should no longer disappear upon updating O.O
- Chests have a max stack size of 64 again.
Beta v2 Build 43 Codename: ?
- Added new Codename. What could it be!?
- Tweaked animal breeding slightly. Baby animals should no longer pop out full size. They should now grow slowly over 6 months to reach maturity.
- Underground rivers should now occur far less often.
- Added in some code to hopefully prevent an indexoutofbounds exception with swamps that rarely occurs.
- Stalactites and Stalagmites are now slightly more rare.
- Stalactites now occasionally drip water.
Beta v2 Build 42
- Fixed metadata crash when creating stone bricks
- Trying to knap rocks with stacksizes > 1 should no longer consume the entire stack. (Why would you place the entire stack in anyway? O.O)
Beta v2 Build 41
- Added in missing terrain gen code for servers(oops)
- Removed vanilla dungeons server side to match client side(prevents a crash with chests till dungeons are rewritten)
- Fixed crash related to right clicking IgIn Stone
- All entities should have proper ID's now
- Fixed crash with blowing up or mining stalactites and stalagmites
- Underground rivers now use normal water instead of finite water
- Updated all Cobblestone related recipes to use the new rocks
- Breaking Stairs or slabs should no longer yield an item.
Beta v2 Build 40 Codename: Oompaloompa
- TFCraft now relies on PlayerAPI for future use
- Migrated to forge version 22.214.171.124
- Hopefully toned down the massive chunk walls present in some hills edge biomes.
- Added new sound effects for rock and dirt falling as well as collapses and working on an anvil.
- Firepits and forges now play sound effects when lit.
- It's no longer possible to use torches for easy cobble and dirt harvesting.
- Added Stone Knife
- Mining Raw Stone no longer gives cobblestone blocks. Instead it drops rock items. For now these rock items when used in the world will spawn a cobblestone block(If I ever get to overhauling construction, it will take several of these for a single cobble block). Currently uses programmer art, it'll be changing don't worry
- Loose Stone(flint) found in the world no longer drops flint, instead it drops rocks
- Stone tools are now made via knapping. Place two rocks in a crafting grid and pickup the result. This will launch a knapping gui. Use the mouse to remove bits of rock until you form the shape of the desired tool. Recipes are the same as Plans for the various stone tools. It is recommended that you use shift click to remove the rock. Do not toss the items out of the gui into the world as unknown issues may occur. You've been warned.
- Added Stone Masonry. When using a chisel, press M(configurable) to change the chisel mode. The chisel is used to make Smooth Stone blocks, stairs, and slabs. Right clicking on the side of a stone block will shave off a layer from that side of the block, up to 10 layers, allowing customizable block shapes. Note: This process requires that the player also have a hammer on their toolbar
- The javelin no longer uses flint, it uses rocks instead. Recipe is the same.
- Optimized item temperature cooling some.
- Optimized Ore rendering. Should remove the slight color distortion.
- Chests now hold 1/3 as many items as vanilla. They also correctly handle items with temperature values.
- Caves now vary with depth and rock type. You'll see bigger caves in softer rocks such as sedimentary, but smaller ones in harder rock types.
- Caves removed from 128+. They will most likely return later.
- Ore veins increased massively at great depths but are now spread out much farther. The upper part of the world contains the starter metal ores in smaller veins but more commonly than before. This should help with the early game.
- Replaced Sheep with a TFC variant that should eat TFC grass etc.
- Chests allow items to cool at 3x normal rate. This is temporary until a better solution not involving water is found.
- Added Stalagmites and Stalactites to caves. Image
- Bloomeries should handle stacks of items being thrown in much better now.
- Fixed Bloomery stack validation code so that the stack requires full sized blocks.
- Cows should no longer despawn when they are unloaded.
- Temperature is now affected to some extent by elevation above sea level.
- Douglas Fir now have their own unique tree shape.
- Tweaked Ore Generation so that ore should be properly spread out properly. It was bunching ores together creating mass dead zones.
- It is possible to make arrows using the new rock items instead of flint.
- Added Underground Rivers. Note: These use finite water.
- Added Bears. These still require work and may be a tad buggy.
- Added TFC Versions of Chickens, Pigs and Wolves. All animals now have new growth and mating systems. This is still under development and is considered a prototype. Certain issues may arise because of this.
- Added Knives (No use as of yet. Added as a favor.)
Beta v2 Pre 39
- Removed tree type sticks. More trouble than it's worth.
- Olives now give nourishment.
Beta v2 Pre 38
- Trees correctly drop their own sticks instead of all tree types giving oak sticks. Oopsie! Note: this may not stay, I'm aware of the potential inventory issues
- Swords and Maces now extend the vanilla ItemSword class. This should help in making Mob Amputations compatible.
- Pumpkins should spawn again. Yay?
- Reeds should once again spawn outside of deserts.
- Minor terrain changes meant to aid rivers more. You shouldn't need a world regen as these should be relatively minor.
- Lava pockets with sulfur should be spawning the correct type of stone now
- Sulfur blocks should no longer be dropped, just the sulfur items.
- It should no longer be possible to stack bloomeries. Don't try this unless you want lag.
- Cave-ins should once again drop rock like its supposed to.
- Fixed falling dirt and rock causing damage from farther away than it should have.
- Ponds and lava pockets should now be spawning above 128.Not a major change, if you're invested in your world don't regen yet.
- Added some preliminary code for height based ambient temperature. Should(if I coded it right) be possible to see snow capped mountains if they are higher than 220.
- Using a propick directly on an ore block will now tell you exactly what type of ore that you're looking at.
- Added temporary sheers recipe. Same as vanilla with Wrought Iron Ingots
- Added temporary lever recipe. Same as vanilla with any cobblestone.
Beta v2 Pre 37
- Added in some code to hopefully prevent a rare crash related to chopping down sequoias.
- Bloomeries now get a negative temperature modifier when built below 128. This modifier gets larger the deeper you go. This was added to encourage bringing ore to the surface potentially via minecarts instead of building bloomeries deep underground and processing your ore there. Also historically, bloomeries produced heavy amounts of smoke and would quickly make the air of a cave unbreathable. As I can not easily simulate this actually happening without lag issues, this change will have to suffice in approximating.
- Fixed temperature modifier from having the incorrect ore to coal ratio. It was affecting the rate of heating of the ores and this was wrong. It now affects the fire temperature of the bloomery. Note: having more than a 1:1 ratio is unnecessary but won't hurt.
- Lapis Ore will correctly craft into lapis dye.
- Fixed ambient temperature scaling (again).
- Fixed Red Steel recipe needing ingredients to be far hotter than their melting points.
- Boosted the specific heat of some metals to increase the rate of heat transfer. (Metal heats up faster)
- Boosted the rate of temperature gain from all heat sources(Everything heats a bit faster)
- Microcline no longer spawns. If you already have microcline in your world, it will still be there.
- Kaolinite no longer spawns. If you already have Kaolinite in your world, it will still be there.
- Satinspar and Selenite should be much more common within veins of Gypsum.
- Garnierite should be slightly more common and appear in larger veins.
- Chopping a log with nothing under it will correctly yield lumber. This means that creepers blowing up the base of a tree will no longer bug out the entire tree.
- Explosions should now(most of the time) fell a tree as if you used an axe.
- Reworked Caveins some. Explosions in rock can now trigger a cavein. initialCollapseRatio is now 40 by default (from 25). This means caveins should occur slightly less frequently. propagateCollapseChance is now 35 by default (from 50). This means that cave-ins should propagate upward slightly less. The maximum range of caveins has been increased. Caveins will be much more devastating to a large mining complex.
- Being hit by falling debris from caveins will now cause players to take damage. Hint: Wear a helmet to reduce the amount of damage taken.
- It is now possible to close the Calendar screen by pressing the Calendar button again.
- Falling rock and dirt now renders in SMP.
- Throwing stacks of ore into the bloomery should(hopefully) add the correct amount of ore every time.
- Shift clicking supports between containers will no longer cause supports of different wood types to convert into a single type.
- Modified Chisel Rules.
- Replaced vanilla cow with a temporary TFC cow in order to make the wooden bucket work for obtaining milk.
- Fruit Textures during harvest should correctly render now.
- Added Tree type based sticks. ie Ash Sticks/Pine Sticks/Oak Sticks
Beta v2 Pre 36
- Fixed Time scaling being off significantly. You'll notice Sunrise and Sunset being at weird hours, this is because of the dumb way in which Notch chose to do night and day.
- Fixed the daily temperature math giving unintended values. It will now be coldest in late January and warmest at the end of July. The time of day will also affect the temperature with 1500 being the warmest part of the day and 0300 being the coolest.
Beta v2 Pre 35
- Fixed the Bread recipe giving eggs.
- Rewrote some of the finite water code which fixed some visual glitches.
Beta v2 Pre 34
- Reverted Flowing water to vanilla flowing which should fix the buckets flooding the world.
Beta v2 Pre 33
- Removed Finite water from being created by static water in the world until the issues can be further investigated. Wooden Buckets will still drop finite water when used however.
Beta v2 Pre 32
- Mod Update Manager will now link you to the changelog when you press the update button from the manager page.
- Hills Edge 1 should no longer be supercold causing snow to stay year-round.
- Vines should alter color based on season now.
- Snow should correctly degrade when it's raining.
- Added Banana Tree (I know they don't look like real banana trees), Green Apple Tree, Orange Tree, Lemon Tree, Olive Tree, Cherry Tree, Peach Tree, Plum Tree. (The art for these is ongoing and do not necessarily represent the finished product.)
- Added Cooked Eggs. Cook them up in a firepit.
- The Calendar Gui now shows the current ambient temperature in the biome where you are standing.
- Fruit Trees now grow based upon not only the season but also the temperature. Example: Planting an Orange tree in a biome that is very cold in the spring will stunt its growth as no growth will occur when its very cold. Each tree has its own growth parameters and harvest times. Where you build your orchard matters. If it gets very cold while still in the tree's harvest season, you will start to lose your crops so they should be harvested as quickly as possible.
- Added finite water.(This is not World Breaking) Also note that this is still in a rough state. As such, there are known situations where water does not currently path properly. In these instances some clever routing of water will cause them to correct themselves. Water Pressure is also not currently simulated.
- Melting a partial stack of metal into another mold or partial stack in the firepit will correctly leave behind a mold.
- Added Temporary Wooden Bucket recipe.
Beta v2 Pre 31
- Fixed Ocean default temps(should prevent oceans being initially frozen).
- Hills1 should no longer be perma-frozen.
- Fixed Forge placement parameters allowing the forge to be placed in unintended locations.
Beta v2 Pre 30
- Snow should now melt correctly. I was accidentally replacing the wrong vanilla snow block when I removed the Block.java base edits, so when it snowed it was snowing vanilla snow.
- The metallurgy table should correctly accept Steel once again. (In Pre 29 try shift clicking it in to get passed the bug)
- Modified the forge temperature modifiers to be on average 10% warmer when no coal is present in the slot.
- Modified fruit tree leaf growth behavior.
- Adopted Vazkii's Mod Update Manager into TFC. Press U when in game to open the Update Manager and view which mods are out of date (If they implement Mod Update Manager). Mod Update Manager automatically checks for new versions while you play and should notify you when TFC gets updated.This does not interfere with Multimc or loaders like that, and it does not download anything to your computer, it merely alerts you that an update has been released.
- TFC will now be forcing clients and servers to be on the same version.
- Fence Gates and other items should no longer refer to themselves as Cooked Beef o.O
- Javelins no longer have infinite uses in melee.
- Ice Plains and Ice Mountains should no longer appear.
- Hill biomes now generate with trees.
- Reduced the crazyness of terrain across the biomes and lowered most of them to allow rivers to form correctly more often. Most Hill biomes were reduced, although you can still find some high mountains in a few.
- Cassiterite will now spawn in all Igneous Extrusive layers. I was initially going to add Cylindrite as an alternate Tin ore but decided to simply use Cassiterite in more rock layers due to the ease of implementation because of some previous design decisions. Perhaps I'll change this down the road if I overhaul ores again.
- Added temporary Minecart Rail Recipe. 4 Wrought Iron ingots on either side of two sticks gives a stack of 64.
- Added temporary Powered Minecart Rail Recipe. Same as normal with redstone powder above the sticks and Gold ingots instead of Wrought Iron.
- Added temporary Minecart Recipe. Same as vanilla except using Wrought Iron Sheets
- Apple trees are now much rarer and grow slower.
- Increased loose rock(flint) spawns.
- Extracting metal from the bloomery should now have the proper temperature assigned.
- Sluice and Gold Pan recipes are disabled until further notice.
- Bismuthinite can now be found in Sedimentary layers.
Beta v2 Pre 29
- Fixed the IndexOutOfBounds issue when using a prospecting pick.
Beta v2 Pre 28
- Fixed an issue where plans were all trying to assign the same id as each other
Beta v2 Pre 27
- Chopping down a fruit tree should no longer crash with IndexOutOfBounds
- Season transitions should occur more quickly and not look like a checkerboard for nearly as long.
- Modified how a few Anvil Rules are worded in order to clarify them. They may stretch off screen slightly in lower resolutions but it shouldn't be a very widespread problem.
- Added code that should potentially fix duped items as soon as they appear. The root cause is still unclear but hopefully this will work.
- Reorganized the code base to make working on it easier. Make sure you do a clean install and not just an update!
- The temperature of a fire now directly relates to the speed in which an object heats. In short, higher fire temp = faster heating. Overall you should see items heating faster than before, however in the case of the firepit, temperature matters far more than before. Note: They still lose heat at the same rate as before.
- Removed more base edits. Specifically to ItemStack and EntitySquid.Make sure you do a clean install and not just an update!
- Added orange to the mix of Autumn tree colors.
- Modified the Autumn/Winter Grass color to more of a Dark Green/Brown color instead of straight brown.
- Snow should melt faster after winter has left..
- Added Sapling for the Apple Tree. To get saplings you need to use an axe or saw on a branch of a fruit tree, not the trunk. You'll have a 50% chance of getting a useable sapling. Note that this will change to a different tool later.
Beta v2 Pre 26
- It should be possible to correctly create torches in the forge again.
- The metallurgy table should correctly require all of the metals to be in liquid state when making an alloy.
- When cave-ins occur, the ceiling rock should properly update.
- Horizontal Supports will no longer try to connect to non support blocks beneath them.
- Flux can now be processed from borax using a Stone Hammer, however the hammer will be lost in the process
- Borax has had its spawn rate increased slightly in Rock Salt. It should also occur much more commonly in Gypsum.
- If enableDebugMode is set to true in TFCOptions you can control time via the calendar gui.
- Added apple trees that physically grow with time. Harvest in the Autumn. This is a prototype so please test this vigorously to make sure that they grow properly. Note: It's not yet possible to get saplings for these, so You'll have to find them in the wild. For the purposes of testing, they are extremely common.
Beta v2 Pre 25
- Pressing the Calendar bound key while typing in chat in SMP will no longer bring up the Calendar.
- Sapling drop chance (hand) is now 6% from 4%
- Sapling drop chance (scythe) is now 4% from 3%
- Scythes now take more damage from use than before. A tin Scythe should now net ~3-4 stacks of sticks from full use
- Using tnt to blow up rock or ore, should now give the correct rock and ore types.
- Default Keybind for the Calendar is now N instead of C
- Fixed a crash related to Scythes running out of durability.
- You can now physically throw a log on top of the firepit and it will automatically be added to the fuel stack.
- Fixed how objects cook in the firepit. This should've gotten rid of the instances where you could get a full unshaped metal stack from a partial stack.
- Cooking an unshaped metal in the firepit will now drain the metal out of the input slot and into a mold or partial unshaped metal stack beneath it, leaving an empty mold in its place.
- Bismuth Bronze should correctly be treated as such instead of Bismuth. This was causing Bismuth Bronze to melt at the wrong temp.
- The use of ceramic molds in the forge has been reworked to properly use multiple molds from a single stack in the forge storage slots.
Beta v2 Pre 24
- Fixed squid not spawning in SMP. For realzies this time!
- Attempting to use a forge with nothing in your hand should no longer crash the game.
Beta v2 Pre 23
- Added missing anvil recipe for the scythe. Whoopsie!
Beta v2 Pre 22
- Magnetite is now a dual metal ore, supplying a very tiny amount of platinum along with the iron. This change was made because of the spawn conditions with native platinum making it occur almost never.
- Increased the spawn rate of Native Platinum. It will still be incredibly rare, but not as bad as before.
- Fixed Squid not spawning again.
- Fixed Taiga5 having wildly inappropriate spawn heights.
- Fixed Dirt in rivers not correctly matching the surrounding dirt.
- All dirt layers should correctly match the surface rock in SMP once again.
Beta v2 Pre 21
- Coal and sticks should no longer disappear when the firestarter succeeds client-side but fails server-side when using a firestarter to start a firepit or forge in SMP.
- Placing a torch on the side of a block in a forge should no longer destroy the forge.
- Firestarters should now properly take damage and be destroyed from use.
- Added the Scythe. The scythe will eventually be used for farming once that system gets nailed down, for now its use is in helping to get sticks and saplings. Using a scythe will clear a 3x3x3 area around of the block that you click on of leaves, which will drop sticks or saplings. Note that the scythe does have a slightly reduced chance of harvesting these items but overall the efficiency should be much higher.
- Added Calendar for use with crops, seasons, etc. by default you can access this by pressing C (this is configurable in your options). This gui is temporary and will be improved in a later update.
- Added basic support for seasons. The exact effects of the seasons will be improved with time. For now it snows in the winter everywhere and not during the rest of the year.
- The sprite for empty ceramic molds is no longer using the steel unshaped sprite (oops)
- Creating two worlds with the same seed should once again assign the same rock layers like they are supposed to.
- Snow melts faster when it's not winter.
Beta v2 Pre 20
- Partial melted metal should no longer become full when it heats into a liquid state.
- Shift clicking into a forge should no longer accept unacceptable items.
- Reworked a lot of back-end code. This allowed the removal of several base edits.
Beta v2 Pre 19
- Torches and various other items that weren't cooking correctly in the forge, should now cook properly.
Beta v2 Pre 18
- The Propick should no longer cause a crash when used.
- Smelting in the firepit should no longer cause a nullpointerexception.
Beta v2 Pre 17
- The Propick has received a slight facelift. It should now get used up when it runs out of uses. Also, prospecting the same block again will no longer provide a "You've already Prospected Here" message and will instead continue to provide the same reading.
- Cloud Height moved to 256
- Fixed a crash when the bellows was not pointed at a fire entity
- Sticks should properly disappear when making torches in the firepit in SMP now. Also the Torches will show the proper stack size.
- Borax can now be used as a flux. It yields 6 flux.
- Bloomeries should no longer consume items placed in the input slot upon reloading the world
- Improved the efficiency of all metal tools a bit to help separate the early tiers from stone a bit better.
- Exploit Mining (the process of mining from the top down and not having to ever worry about collapses) has been nullified. It should now be in your best interest to mine with supports. To compensate for the difficulty, supports now stack to 8 instead of 4.
- Horizontal supports can now be placed without the need for a solid block to be above them.
- The entire back end Heat system (aka the Heat Index) has been rewritten to allow easier future expansion. What this means for users is hopefully a less buggy experience in the long run with all fire entities. This should also fix all cases of armor items that were not heating correctly in pre16.
- Firepits now correctly require molds in the output slots when you smelt ore.
- Galena and Tetrahedrite now morph into Partially Smelted versions of themselves once the first type of metal is smelted out of them. This means that you can stack these ores if you remove them from the firepit before they've completely melted. This should also make them easier to keep track of.
- It is now possible to place partial stacks of unshaped metal in the bloomery and fill those stacks as the metal melts. Additionally you can leave a mold in the input slot of a bloomery and it will now auto-fill.
- Cave Collapse minimumRockLoad has been changed from 5 to 1 by default in order to prevent a certain exploit. This is of course customizable in the settings file.
- Smelting ore no longer gives a fixed amount of metal per piece of ore. Example: Before Cassiterite yielded 50% Tin. Now Cassiterite yields 15%-40%. This lower yield on average is needed to balance the increased amount of ore that spawns in any area with the raised worlds.
- Lava has returned to the bottom of the world from layer ~6 and down. (This change requires a new world but it's not game breaking so upgrading your old world should be fine.)
- Dirt should once again match the surface rock layer.
- Grass with nothing under it now has a chance to collapse when an entity walks over it.
- Grass, Dirt, and Cobblestone are now capable of being supported by Support Beams.
- Renamed 'Horizontal Support Beam' 'Vertical Support Beam' to 'H. Support Beam' and 'V. Support Beam' respectively.
Beta v2 Pre 16
- Fixed Armor Boot Recipes(it was not possible to actually craft them before)
- Modified Crafting Recipe ranges some to prevent too easy crafts
- The initial Helmet and Boots recipes now only require a Sheet instead of a 2x Sheet
Beta v2 Pre 15
- Removed height based temperature effect from the bloomery
- Normalized the height based temperature of the forge to the new map heights
- Fluxes should again use the correct rock types
- Brick Recipes have been updated for the new metadata values
- The Metallurgy table should correctly be considered a normal block by the game instead of a partial.
Beta v2 Pre 14
- Fixed bloomery bugging out when you threw a second piece of ore in
- Propick should now report back the correct ore.
- Cassiterite should drop the correct ore again.
Beta v2 Pre 13
- The javelin can now be used in melee
- Javelin thrown damage increased slightly
- The new anvils should drop the correct type now
- Added localization names of anvils
- Anvils should now properly sync the anvil tier with all players.
- Rewrote some backend code that radically altered the metadata for rock types. This has caused the need for new worlds.
- Anvil crafting has been altered yet again - There is now a range that you need to reach in order complete a crafting recipe. The farther you are from the center, the more of a durability loss that the resulting item will receive. In order to compensate for how easy this makes smithing, all recipes are now random. This means that a Zinc Pick will have the red indicator at a different place than a Steel Pick.
- Red Steel Alloy has been changed. The need for platinum has been replaced with Brass. This makes the Blue/Red alloys more equal.
- Bloomery should now properly handle item stacks being tossed in.
- Added Armor
- Updated Textures
Beta v2 Pre 12
- Reworked ore distribution as ore was not spread out enough
- In SMP, gems should no longer drop clientside (this will prevent ghost gems, you can still get gems)
- Squid should spawn in the raised oceans now
- Removed vanilla torch recipe
- Added missing recipes for the new anvils
- Hopefully fixed a potential dupe issue.
- Fixed a sync issue with the anvil and multiple players viewing the crafting
- Swords once again require double ingots
- Charcoal pile particle effects should work in SMP
- Bloomery guis should update when charcoal is consumed
- Fixed localization for several unshaped metals
- Raised min height of biomes some to stop the lake effect
- Removed stone swords, added Javelin (update textures)
- Regen worlds to see changes
Beta v2 Pre 11
- Fixed clay and peat spawn heights
- Fixed several biomes that had wrong spawn min and max heights
Beta v2 Pre 10
- Anvils won't reset chunks when loading nbt anymore
- New world gen featuring sealevel at 145 and taller mountains(Restart Your Worlds)
- Correct lava lakes have returned
- Turn off your clouds or raise them with optifine
Beta v2 Pre 9
- Removed terrain changes that I accidentally left in which were screwing up worlds. Oops
Beta v2 Pre 8
- Fixed some anvil sync issues
- Fixed anvils not saving some information when the server is reset or game is closed.
Beta v2 Pre 7
- Fixed anvil recipe for pickaxe having conflicting rules so that it was uncraftable
- Flux will now be used when welding
- Hammers now take damage properly when used for welding
Beta v2 Pre 6
- Fixed anvil issue with missing weld recipes
- Added a null check for snow melt
- TFC_Game is no longer required
- Grass should no longer grow under water
Beta v2 Pre 5
- Fixed Anvil Sync Issues
- Rebalanced tool materials to be slightly more effective
Beta v2 Pre 4
- Fixed smp bloomery only accepting one piece of ore
- SMP should now correctly have anvil recipes - oops
Beta v2 Pre 3
- Fixed SMP Rock Layers spawning wrong
- Added 3 new tier 2 anvils to provide alternate routes past Bronze. (Bismuth Bronze, Black Bronze, Rose Gold)
- Reduced Granite to 2 in 24 spawn frequency from 3 in 25
- Rewrote the backend code for the anvil. The only visible change is the new more comprehensive rules system.
- Minumum weld temperature for all metals is reduced to 80% of melt temp from 90%
- The bloomery should now lose temperature when theres no more fuel burning.
- Harvested Logs shouldn't give double drops any longer
- Crops should no longer pop when you place them next to each other in smp
- Regenerate worlds and Delete Configs
- It is now much more difficult to mine rock or dig dirt. This will provide much impetus to tier up.
- GUAVA IS NO LONGER NEEDED!!!!!!
Beta v2 Pre 2
- Fixed Rock layers not spawning correctly
- Fixed trees not being random based on biome as they should have been.
- All Items should once again show temperature
- Items will once again cool down in the players inventories in SMP
- Hammers no longer wtfpwn when attacking
- Regenerate your worlds.
Beta v2 Pre 1
- SMP support added
- It should be possible to properly progress to Blue/Red Steel without the use of NEI now
- Various Bug Fixes
- This DOES NOT include the agriculture changes that are planned for Beta 2
Beta v1j HOTFIX2
- Cassiterite should properly spawn now
- Anvil rules should properly reset now
- Pig Iron can now properly be worked into Wrought Iron
Beta v1j HOTFIX
- It should now be possible to correctly weld 2x Bronze Ingots - oops
- Make sure you RESET your configs from before v1j and start a new world.
- The Textures file has changed! Be sure to upgrade
- Fixed trees dropping supports
- Advanced metals can now be heated properly
- Redstone powering removed from bellows. This wasn't implemented correctly in the first place, and doesn't fit the tech level of the bellows.
- Granite is 3x more like to be chosen as a rock layer(this is to help find Cassiterite(Tin) since it is extremely important. Restart your world for this to take effect!
- Added the anvil data for the metal propick heads
- fixed a bug with some stone tools not receiving the correct tool material
- It is now possible to attach bone to STONE picks/shovels/axe/hoe instead of a stick.
- MANY bug Fixes
- Iron ore now gives pig iron which must be worked to create Wrought Iron
- Mining around a block in order to get Raw Stone should now be easier. It no longer checks the corners.
- There is a new Temperature system when using fires. Be careful not all metals melt at white hot any longer! This can be turned off in the the TFCOptions.cfg if you want the old way.
- Eliminated a bug that was duping wood when making charcoal
- Ingots should now be stackable after they've lost their heat.
- It sohuld once again be possible to shift click in containers.
- Log Piles will no longer accept just anything when you shift click to add a log.
- Re-enabled dynamic side rendering for leaves. This should help lower end computers a little.
- Ores should now drop the proper ore chunks when mined
- Workbench and Log Pile shouldn't cause crashes for some people (who may have installed the mod wrong!) any longer
- Limestone, dolomite, chalk and marble can be turned into flux. Recipe is hammer + cobble
- Got lazy and didn't document bugfixes thoroughly
Beta v1g Hotfix
- Fixed crash when using a log on an entity
- Fixed Logpile not dropping logs when destroyed
- It is no longer possible to karate chop trees with your bare hands!
- Fixed leaves converting to the wrong types.
- Added a new Options system. All non-id related options will now be found in TFCOptions.cfg
- Biome rock layers are now semi random and not controlled via config file any longer.
- It is now possible to press your sneak key while holding a log and simply place a new pile on top of an old one instead of filling it
- Hopefully ended the 0-stack size bug once and for all/
- Firepits should no longer be destroyed by falling dirt. This was causing issues with charcoal creation.
- ceramic molds are once again stackable after being cooked.
- Added new wording for temperature readings when cooking food and lighting torches
- Rebalanced some ore spawns
- Stone picks should no be capable of mining the correct ores
Beta v1f Hotfix 1
- Fixed a major bug in the anvil
- Clarified the rules text on the anvil when it says Hammer. It will now read Hit
- Fixed Leaves changing metadata randomly
- Tried to remove some lag with snow drifts
- Stone hammers now use cobble instead of raw stone
- Removed shift clicking from most TFC gui's
- Fixed an issue with snow fog not disappearing when you move into a non snow area.
- Fixed Willow trees having an oak block occasionally
- Rewrote the lumberjack code into a one-size fits all solution to cutting down trees. Be sure to let me know of any special cases that arise. Should function correctly 99% of the time.
- Disabled some annoying debug messages.
- Added the proper tool classes for each tool type (Note: Saws are considered Axes for the purpose of destroying wooden objects. They have less durability but are more efficient
- Leaves are no longer collidable. But they do slow you down slightly when walking through them. They can still be harvested as normal.
- Making supports should no longer consume your axe
- Added over 50 new biomes to help with biome transitions. This will help with all sorts of rock layer issues when you're mining under a river between two biomes. It will no longer shift between 3 rock layers very quickly as the river inherits its rock layers from the surrounding biome(e.x. Hills7 now blends into Hills7 Edge before becoming another biome, and River desert1 when the river is in desert biome)
- Modified Sequoia's to have less leaves on average
- Reduced Sequoia lag by a lot (thanks Jimmynator!)
- Fixed several anvil related bugs
- Fixed an issue with bloomery placement that would cause the bloomery to disappear
- Added dynamic fog that rolls in to simulate near whiteout conditions in snow storms
- TFC Cobblestone to Vanilla Cobblestone conversion recipes are now off by default(this was confusing some ppl and causing false errors)
- Sapling drop rate changed from 1% to 4%
- *Late Addendum* Added snow drifts to the wintery biomes that build up and melt away depending on the weather
Beta v1d Hotfix
- Fixed the crashes related to forests (this is what happens when you rewrite an entire system after you've been up for 30 hours straight, and then release without proper testing)
- Fixed sulfur blocks not dropping sulfur powder unless it was destroyed via update from a neighboring block
- Rock Layers once again have some randomness to their height
- Ore Chunks now have a Max Stack Size of 8
- Bloomery should no longer bug out when it is raining and when it can't see the sky
- Modified Blue Steel Recipe
- Leaves should once again drop saplings with a 1% chance per block. Note: It will not be possible to grow Sequoia or Kapok. These trees take upwards of hundreds of years to reach their size. Therfore it is possible to completely deforest jungles and redwood forests.
- Removed the 30 item ids needed for the support beams and converted them to a metadata friendly version requiring only 2 item ids
- Supports now require an axe to be crafted as well
- Bloomeries should now function correctly and provide the correct amount of metal for the amount of ore added
- Metamorphic Cobblestone should now use the correct metadata and textures
- Biome Rock layers are no longer hard coded and are now generated based upon the seed of the world
- Reworked biomes slightly to introduce more variation. *This may affect old worlds*
- Removed debug recipes
- Fixed Gold Pans so that you may once again sift dirt.
- Optimized initial leaf updating to help with lag spikes
- Optimized terrain generation to do everything in a single loop instead of needing a second loop to set the rock layers. Lag spikes may persist. With a project of this scope, it will be a constant battle.
- Fixed small rocks not spawning in the world correctly. I was using the wrong spawn coordinates, oops.
- Dirt below trees should always be the correct type now.
- Raw stone should now drop cobblestone when destroyed by an explosion
- Hoes can now be used on the new dirt and Crops map grow and be planted. Only wheat is a viable crop as of this patch.
- TFC Fire objects now correctly toggle on and off (Sadly this had to be done by using multiple blockids. Even vanilla does this.)
- Markings should once again stack
- Slag should now stack
- When making charcoal you should now get the proper amount of charcoal. (I was multiplying when I should've been dividing, yikes)
- Fixed the Anvil Weld crash
- Fixed the Metallurgy Table crash when adding an item
- Tweaked Wooden supports to allow vertical beams to join with horizontal beams
- Rock Collapses now search for Horizontal beams when testing if its weight is being held. Note: Dirt does not check for supports.
- Fixed TFC_Game ids not showing up in the config file
- Fixed anvil related crash
- Ported to Minecraft v1.2.5
- Merged TFC_Mining with TFC_Game
- Fixed welding recipes for all metals
- Rebuilt the workbench for TFC so that heated items will properly cool down when in the workbench
- Changed the size of the anvil base to better match the textures
- Fixed the stone anvil texture so that it is stone instead of bronze, oops
- Added all anvil recipes
- Added new charcoal production method and removed charcoal production from using the firepit although the firepit is still required for the new method.
- Dirt now has physics applied like sand. Grass is not affected by this.
- Collapses in caves can now occur. Be sure to build supports for your tunnels! And on that note:
- Added wooden tunnel supports. Two logs on top of each other for a vertical support, or two next to each other for a horizontal support.
- Changed Leaf decay behavior back to a state similar to vanilla. Leaves still Insta-decay.
- Added dirt that now matches the biome surface rock coloring
- The new Grass has Better Grass enabled by default. This is toggleable in the ini file. Simply set enableBetterGrass to 0.
- Added claypits.
- Added Swords
- Added Maces
- Added Chisel (Used on raw stone in the world to create a Smooth Stone Block or with Cobblestone in a crafting table to create stone bricks)
- Added the Forge (Created like the firepit except uses 9 coal or charcoal)
- Added the Bloomery which is used for smelting ores that require high temperatures.
- Chicken, Pork and Beef are now cookable in TFC fire related objects (I'm aware that when heating them they turn white hot lol, I'll fix that later)
- Added Metallurgy Table (Used when mixing molten metal to make alloys)
- Giant versions of trees can now spawn when the forest generator calls for a tall tree
- Renamed Redwood to Sequoia as it better reflects the genus
- Added wood piles to store lumber
- Bellows can now provide air to a fire one block below the front of the bellows now.