Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Rules for Posting:
1. Remember that TFC2 is a 100% rewrite and re-conception of TerraFirmaCraft. It is a new mod entirely, and will be very different from what you are currently used to.
- A great many things are going to change, so your suggestions for TFC will likely not be appropriate for TFC2.
2. Do not suggest things based upon what was or wasn't in TFC1.
- This piggy-backs on rule #1. Wanting something to be added to TFC2 just because you think it won't make it into TFC1 isn't enough of a reason to post it here.
- If the developers want to look at TFC1 suggestions and consider implementing them in TFC2, then they will check the TFC1 suggestions forum.
3. Spend time making your suggestion worth reading.
- If you take your time to fully flesh out a suggestion, the developers are much more likely to read and consider it. One-off suggestions with very little thought put into them will likely be ignored.
4. Keep the conversation civil and on topic.
- Replies that add nothing to the discussion, such as posts that say nothing more than "I like this idea!" will be deleted. Please explain why you like the idea or what things you would change and why you would change them.
- If you have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion, but would still like to inform the author of the topic that you like his idea; simply click the "Like This" button located at the bottom right of the post.
5. Limit threads to a single general topic. Do not post new threads that contain suggestions that are already in an existing thread.
- Even if your suggestion is slightly different from the original post of another topic, if it is within the same general category you should post it as a reply to the existing topic with reasons explaining the differences from the OP.
- The point of limiting threads to a single general topic is to make navigation of the forum easier. The title and original post of a thread should give a new reader a good idea of what may be discussed in the rest of the thread.
6. Unless you actually understand how to code Minecraft mods, do not include in your post whether or not you think your suggestion would be easy to implement.
- We don't go to your job, come up with some idea that we have no clue how much work it would take for you to do, and then tell you it should be easy for you to do it. Please do not do that to us.
7. Double check that the mechanic you are suggesting is not on the Banned Suggestions List.
Failure to abide by the above rules will result in the topic being locked, or a reply being deleted. Multiple offenses may result in warning points, temporary bans, or even permanent bans from this forum.
211 topics in this forum
- 6 replies
- 582 views
- 8 replies
- 430 views
- 1 reply
- 478 views
- 8 replies
- 771 views
- 4 replies
- 666 views
- 4 replies
- 631 views
- 6 replies
- 511 views
- 2 replies
- 591 views
- 6 replies
- 1,208 views
- 11 replies
- 1,090 views
- 3 replies
- 506 views