Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Rules for Posting:
1. All servers must comply with Minecraft's EULA.
- Any servers found to be in violation of the EULA will be reported to Mojang, the server topic will be locked, the original post of the topic will be redacted, and the original poster will receive a warning point.
- Secondary offenses will result in the original poster being banned from this forum.
2. No advertising of Technic/Tekkit modpacks or servers.
- Any server posts that advertise or contain links related to the Technic/Tekkit launcher will be either deleted, or have the advertisement/link redacted from the post. We do not support the use of the Technic/Tekkit launcher on these forums. You are welcome to create a Technic/Tekkit modpack or server with TerraFirmaCraft, you just aren't allowed to advertise it here.
- Secondary offenses will result in a warning point, and further offenses will result in the forum member being banned from this forum.
3. Topic titles must use the following formatting:
- All topic titles should start with the TFC version number that is currently being used in brackets. E.G. [0.79.15]
- If the server has a name, it should immediately follow the version number.
- All other information regarding whitelist, plugins, age limit, etc should be put at the end of the title.
- Failure to update the title of an existing topic to match this formatting within a reasonable amount of time will result in the title being updated for you.
- Reverting a topic title after it has been changed for you will result in a warning point.
4. Servers using unofficial copies of TFC must say so clearly in the topic title and post body
- Servers that are using unofficial copies of TFC, such as those running the mod pack TechNodeFirma, must make it very clear that it is not using an official copy, and that any members on their server will not receive any support on this website outside of that server topic. Failure to do so will result in the topic being removed.
If you come across a server that violates Rule #1, #2, or #4 please use the report function on the original post of the topic.
289 topics in this forum
- 122 replies
- 9,212 views
- 21 replies
- 3,700 views
- 6 replies
- 1,478 views
- 1 reply
- 1,507 views
- 17 replies
- 2,898 views
- 4 replies
- 1,449 views
- 4 replies
- 1,160 views
- 22 replies
- 5,293 views
- 3 replies
- 2,891 views
- 88 replies
- 8,949 views
- 4 replies
- 1,260 views
- 5 replies
- 1,429 views
- 0 replies
- 1,830 views
- 2 replies
- 4,192 views