Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourLottery

Anvil rules not showing for ingots or plans

4 posts in this topic

So I recently started playing this mod again (SMP), deleting my pr29 install and reinstalling from scratch pr39. I've just got to the point where I am about to make some bismuth tools, and I've set up a firepit, bellows, stone anvil, etc. I've smelted the ore into a mold, but when I put the unshaped ingot onto the anvil, I just see 'rules:' in grey letters, and nothing listed. From memory I can work the unshaped ingots into ingots, then I put in a set of plans, lift and drop the ingot to update the anvil, and still just see 'rules:' in grey letters and no rules listed. Either I've forgot something obvious, or I have another issue. Anyone have any ideas?

IT depends on what you were trying to make.

If it was a Sword blade or Mace head, or any Armor Pieces then no you wouldn't see any rules with a single ingot,

For the items above you need to make a 2x ingot (Two ingots welded with some flux) and for Armor generally you need to turn those 2x ingots into Sheets or 2x Sheets.

On the Wiki (once it comes back up) there is a great video series that shows how to do some the more complex Forging bits (I was confused on how to do armor at first too since it is a multi-step process)

It was an issue with mods I guess. I reinstalled everything, logging in after each mod to check, and the issue didn't occur again.

Mods installed (in successful order)

Modloader 2.2.78.153

Forge 3.3.8.152

TFC beta 2 pre 39

TFC Textures

Optifine 1.2.5_HD_MT_AA_A7

Player API client 1.5

Render Player API 1.3

Smart Moving 9.4.2

CodeChickenCore-Client 0.5.3

NEI 1.2.2.4

ReiMinimap 3.2_04