Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rage

[1.7.10] TerraFirmaCiv - The Beginning

9 posts in this topic

Alright then, this is a precursor post so that others may comment on it and the such. I will be fleshing this out as time goes on, no worries there.

I am currently in possession of a server box (I need a monitor then im all set) . I'm willing to host a public server (possibly whitelisted if it ends up being a problem), that caters to TFC players who wish to construct glorious empires with their friends in a semi-difficult environment.

If such a server would exist, I am thinking it would require a few good mods, I've looked through myself and found a few but id like to hear ideas here as this is for everyone.
I am still deciding if I want to make it Hardcore RP (Always in character) or not, that may depend on how interested and how mature to server base proves to be but I have hopes.

There will be more to this very shortly. Thanks for your time. I hope to inspire some tfc activity soon.

Journeymap is almost essential.
TerraMisc and NEI are really good plugins to have too.
I've also managed to make Cuchaz's ships mod work for me. :D

Traincraft perhaps? It's a great way to transport items and players quickly.

It was my favorite mod on a tfc server I used to play.

If you do end up making a server, I'd be happy to join.

Here is a video of traincraft in tfc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_PHe21W_Ew

I agree with Gwtheryn for mod choice.

Factions with claimable land would be a good thing for having multiple communities of people that can interact with both trade and through war when needed.

Me personally I don't really like RP all that much but if you are able to make a close to vanilla server then that would be good.

I'd love to play on a server like this, especially if it's RP-focused (though I'd still like to if not).

Also, regarding map modes, maybe use a map mod that actually requires you to make maps to chart stuff out, or something? I guess it depends on the direction you want to bring the server in. Also, I understand this is an old post so if it's not happening then just please say.

I want a server that I can come to everyday, regardless if it's base TFC or modded. Never played RP so I can't say if I'd wish it or not. It's not big deal, I'll be there.

RP is fun, but for some reason every TFC RP server I've played on ends up shrivelling up and dying within a month or two. Maybe it's just my luck.

Vanilla TFC is the best way to go (with plugins of course), I don't think there's any need to add to the base mod. I think people will be more likely to join if they don't have to install a bunch of extra mods first. 

Are you saying that because Ur-Cartolaio was a Renaissance man that his thinking and invention would have been confined within the limits of what he read in Petrach, Dante and the Bible with no room for manoeuvre?