Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Arktic

TFC1 1.12+ port

150 posts in this topic

Hi for everyone!

I've noticed, that TFC2 is developing really slowly and TFC1 latest release is for minecraft 1.7.10. I have little cozy TFC1 server "for friends" running KCaultron 1.7.10 + TFC1. And I want to stop using cauldron-related shit, cause it's really buggy and replace it with sponge. So I'am started to port TFC1 for newest forge (& minecraft) versions. It almost released on my server, and we will test this port properly. The question is: does anybody needs port like this? Should I create public Jenkins for this? Or nobody wants it, and everybody is waiting for TFC2?

Just Ensure You Have The Permissions To, Ive Really Wanted A TFC1 Port For So Long

TFC1 is opensource, so anyone can port it to anywhere, even to microwave :D

Edited by Arktic

Ah... Sounds Good, Always Thought That If I Wanted To Develop A Custom TFC Port I Couldn't,... Also If You Can Can You Fix The Inventory Not Working In Different Dimensions/ The Fact That The TFC World Will ALWAYS Overwrite New Worlds, Even Custom World Types Like EZ Wastelands!

The Fact You Cant Eat Foods From Vanilla Or From Other Mods Annoys Me, Maybe If You Could Eat Them To Fill The Hunger Bar But Not Nutrisional Values

Yes, we really need this. Even when TFC2 comes out it will not be the same gameplay as TFC1 - so if this is a task you can set out to do, I think a lot of people would love it, if 1.12 is to be the new 1.7.10 with regards to all the mods updating to that version, it would be fantastic to have TFC at that update:)

We are a group that want to start a TFC/TNFC server soon, but we haven't figured out yet which pack to start. I've forked the TNFC version of TFC myself, and tried a few things. Give me a patreon account to support your work if you have one :)

Man, this would be fantastic! To me, Mincraft is pretty dull without TFC. :P I would absolutely love to see it updated!

Thanks for your replies, I'll release my port in a few days.

14 hours ago, UnlimatedStone9 said:

Ah... Sounds Good, Always Thought That If I Wanted To Develop A Custom TFC Port I Couldn't,... Also If You Can Can You Fix The Inventory Not Working In Different Dimensions/ The Fact That The TFC World Will ALWAYS Overwrite New Worlds, Even Custom World Types Like EZ Wastelands!

My port will not change anything in original TFC1.

Thank you again for feedback. I'll release soon. I'am pretty sure that Kitty will not interested anymore in TFC development / support. We can find her at facebook. (https://www.facebook.com/amanda.halek). When she engaged with Matthew, she stopped to commit in TFC.

I don't know about Bioxx, but it seems like we here alone.

ok then, it would have just been useful to remove that bug

I can still find ways to work around it easier in 1.12

Generally When do you think the port will be downloadable, I seriously cant wait to start pack making with the original tfc in newer versions

1 hour ago, UnlimatedStone9 said:

Generally When do you think the port will be downloadable, I seriously cant wait to start pack making with the original tfc in newer versions

It's a bit difficult to port mod from 1.7.10 directly to 1.12, so I decided to port it by steps. Now mod perfectly ported to 1.9. I think, it will take a few days to port it to 1.12 and test it properly. The most breaking changes was in 1.9, so it shouldn't take lot of time. 

Is It Possible you Could Release The 1.9 version as an alpha port?

This is great news :)

Minecraft 1.12 offers a lot of really nice improvements for both client and server. Really happy that you want to support Sponge. We would definitely run a public server if a somewhat stable port comes out. We've never had problems with running beta releases in the past. Having an issue tracker (Github works well) so we can provide bug reports and Jenkins for faster turn around on bug fixes would be appreciated.

This is excellent news, thanks very much for your work on this.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:28 AM, Arktic said:

Hi for everyone!

I've noticed, that TFC2 is developing really slowly and TFC1 latest release is for minecraft 1.7.10. I have little cozy TFC1 server "for friends" running KCaultron 1.7.10 + TFC1. And I want to stop using cauldron-related shit, cause it's really buggy and replace it with sponge. So I'am started to port TFC1 for newest forge (& minecraft) versions. It almost released on my server, and we will test this port properly. The question is: does anybody needs port like this? Should I create public Jenkins for this? Or nobody wants it, and everybody is waiting for TFC2?

Believe me, you have no idea how many people want that. This was the dream of most Terrafirmacraft players for a long time. TFC 2 is a completely different game, so much that I even suggested that it should have another name.

Now Please when you say that you can deliver a port to the latest Minecraft version you create a huge expectation on the community, that only reason this thread is not flooded with comments is that things have been slow for so long that most players went away or only check the forum once in a while.

I think once people start to talk about it will be a huge success. 

So, no pressure, but when can we download something?

At this point, we just want to play. If it is an Alpha, Beta, Omega, we don't care. 

Just the pleasure of playing TFC with a newer version of Minecraft is worth any bugs we may encounter.

You, sir, will have our eternal gratitude.  

Wow! You can port TFC to MC 1.12? The devs always said how nearly impossible this is, especially the chiseling code. I will definitely play TFC again if you can pull this off.

Oh Its Possible, Its Just The Work Arounds Are Extremely Awkward If You Don't Know What To Do

Is It Possible That Even For Now You Could Release A 1.10.2 version?

On 16/9/2017 at 2:28 PM, Arktic said:

Hi for everyone!

One question: what programming language do you need to do something like this? because im new to this community but i'd love to help you on this project.