Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
RaymondIII

[TerraFirma Progressive Pack] NEW SERVER!

20 posts in this topic

Have you ever wanted your TFC game to last longer? Like alot longer? Possibly Longer then one can ask for? Well, thanks to Mr. Ciekma in creating the mod pack TFPP, you can now go very far! Join us in this adventure where you can go farther then Red Steel! Don't feel like doing technology? That's fine too! just form your own happy settlement and be a farmer, or a smith, or a 5-star cheese maker! whatever you want to do, you can do it!

Modpack download HERE and origenal page HERE

All credit goes to Ciekma, for putting his hard time and effort assembling these mods together in a pack, and to all the mod creators for their many hours of coding.

RULES:

1. Don't Steal from other peoples land.

2. No advertising.

3. be a good person.

4. PVP is NOT allowed Regardless of circumstance, if a problem or conflict arises contact me.

You can Join the discord here if you need help installing the pack or with anything about the server! Download link for modpack also in Discord under welcome channel.

IP: 73.217.124.11:25563

EDIT: Pirated version of minecraft WILL NOT be able to join this server.

EDIT 2: We added 4 mods we feel are nessessary, like all other mods, add them to your mods folder

Fastcraft: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fastcraft

Merchants V1.1.3 http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7563-tfc-07923-merchants-addon-for-tfc/

FTButilities (download 1.7 version) https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ftb-utilities

FTBlib(download 1.7 version) https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ftblib

Edited by RaymondIII

This seems very interesting. Ive looked at the mod list and few questions popped to mind (not all have to do with mods):

1. There are lot of really complex mods like ic2 which I like but my play time is limited, so are there those rabbit holes? I dont want to start playing around with IC2 only after getting the arc furnace from iE.

2. How many people are playing? Again my play time is less than I would like so going out 10 000 blocks just to find a nice area without mines is really chalenging. And also theres that low TPS problem.

3. Does this server run non-stop or at specific times of day?

Anyhow I like the sound of this server so I am interested in playing. :D

2 minutes ago, dudo_fuzik said:

This seems very interesting. Ive looked at the mod list and few questions popped to mind (not all have to do with mods):

1. There are lot of really complex mods like ic2 which I like but my play time is limited, so are there those rabbit holes? I dont want to start playing around with IC2 only after getting the arc furnace from iE.

2. How many people are playing? Again my play time is less than I would like so going out 10 000 blocks just to find a nice area without mines is really chalenging. And also theres that low TPS problem.

3. Does this server run non-stop or at specific times of day?

Anyhow I like the sound of this server so I am interested in playing. :D

1. This modpack has been designed to extend the lifetime of TFC in general, this too, is my first run through it so i cannot honestly tell you what to expect other then the fact it is alot more complex then your basic TFC mods, it is time consuming but there isn't like a rush, things take time, and you don't have to worry about playing alot or very little.

2.Currently just me, no one has been brave enough to join yet, and/or find the installation too complex or something, i posted a tutorial on what to do in the discord server in the welcome channel.

3.the server is up 24/7, if it does go down for whatever reason, ill have it back up ASAP unless i am at work, then you will have to wait until i get home to fix it.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:03 AM, RaymondIII said:

EDIT 2: We added 4 mods we feel are nessessary, like all other mods, add them to your mods folder

Merchants V1.1.3 http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7563-tfc-07923-merchants-addon-for-tfc/

I suggest to remove this mod, because it have bugs (for example it crashes when food is used to be sold) and therefore I'm not using it in my modpack. Currently it is not possible to join with vanilla modpack (other mods such Fastcraft or FTBUtil are client side only or server side only and one can connect without them).

Other suggestion is to add Mod Control to the server side, to blacklist cheat mods (xrays, minimaps iwth radars etc).

Is it possible to add Achievements Book to the player inventory when first logged? This item is easy to craft, but people usually doesn't know about it.

BTW, nice spawn, near boundary of two biomes, claystone and basalt one, it promises variety of resources.

9 minutes ago, ciekma said:

I suggest to remove this mod, because it have bugs (for example it crashes when food is used to be sold) and therefore I'm not using it in my modpack. Currently it is not possible to join with vanilla modpack (other mods such Fastcraft or FTBUtil are client side only or server side only and one can connect without them).

Other suggestion is to add Mod Control to the server side, to blacklist cheat mods (xrays, minimaps iwth radars etc).

Is it possible to add Achievements Book to the player inventory when first logged? This item is easy to craft, but people usually doesn't know about it.

BTW, nice spawn, near boundary of two biomes, claystone and basalt one, it promises variety of resources.

Yea ill have to figure out a way to hand out achievement books, and also we are going to keep merchants in, if it does cause issues we can always remove it and stick to using IC2 trade-o-mats. and x-ray doesn't function the same because ore is a tile entity not a block (I tested this myself in single player) and since ore in TFC acts more like a covering then an actual block, it doesn't effectively work with X-Ray, at least the ones i have tested around with so far before making this server. and even if you do find an x-ray mod that does work, i see it being no different from using a prospecting pick, sure you save a little time, but you still find it regardless of method, so i am not too concerned. Fastcraft is client side, but can also be installed into the server, FTB utilities is not client side and does require it to be installed into the server. with time, ill fix things if i start noticing issues, but i appreciate the advice.

EDIT: on second thought i think FTB util, may be client side but in order for land claims to work in needs to be installed into server... i think

Ill do testing with it later, but from what i recall it has to be installed into server for it to work properly

Edited by RaymondIII

11 minutes ago, ciekma said:

Also sorry for putting a link to this in your forum thread, but i figured people looking at your pack might be interested in a server for it so i wanted to put it there.

I have to disagree with the x-ray thing. I also had a server and while testing x-rays I found few which worked perfectly

1 minute ago, dudo_fuzik said:

I have to disagree with the x-ray thing. I also had a server and while testing x-rays I found few which worked perfectly

alright, then looks like ill work on anti-cheat stuff sometime next week, when i am off work.

3 hours ago, RaymondIII said:

Also sorry for putting a link to this in your forum thread, but i figured people looking at your pack might be interested in a server for it so i wanted to put it there.

You are welcome :)

if it does cause issues we can always remove it and stick to using IC2 trade-o-mats

In my opinion, the best option is to build common trade point near spawn, with tradeomats and ic2 currency.  Merchandise addon have several issues, I was using it on other servers and got disappointed. For example tools were on the rack offered but not possible to buy (smithy points issue).

On 10/21/2017 at 11:01 AM, dudo_fuzik said:

Most of recipes were reworked here. There is no abrupt change of playability once TFC chain is finished and other mods are available. For example, once you have Foundry devices, you can make metal items easier, but you still need anvil to prepare prototypes for create mouldings.

3 hours ago, ciekma said:

You are welcome :)

In my opinion, the best option is to build common trade point near spawn, with tradeomats and ic2 currency.  Merchandise addon have several issues, I was using it on other servers and got disappointed. For example tools were on the rack offered but not possible to buy (smithy points issue).

Most of recipes were reworked here. There is no abrupt change of playability once TFC chain is finished and other mods are available. For example, once you have Foundry devices, you can make metal items easier, but you still need anvil to prepare prototypes for create mouldings.

alright, i think we will be fine with IC2 trade-o-mats, the last thing i want is a server going down due to a mod.

7 hours ago, ciekma said:

I suggest to remove this mod, because it have bugs (for example it crashes when food is used to be sold) and therefore I'm not using it in my modpack. 

We used the Merchants mod extensively in our old Darkagecraft Server. We removed the recipes for the Merchants items, so only admins could spawn them. We created successful server market with it. Once a town grew enough that it wanted its own market we would provide the mayor with the items needed, but with explicit instructions never to use food.

The problem arrives from the spoiling that food items have. I have gone hoarse from asking the Devs to switch the food spoiling to an expiration date. It would increase compatibility with a lot of other mods.

In any case, I believe the Merchants mod is a useful tool to be used by a server admin, it's a way to facilitate commerce and trading in a server.

I just created a single player game with the Progressive Modpack. I was tempted to join the server, but just the mention of the word PVP immediately threw me off. I completely abhor PVP. Terrafirmacraft is about cooperation, having players working together to advance technologically. 

I wish success for the server and if my comments can somehow help it will make me happy.  

I missed the post about tradeomats, got interrupted while typing. Does tradeomats allow to trade tools without removing the smith bonus points? That would be a good advantage.

1 minute ago, TonyLiberatto said:

I missed the post about tradeomats, got interrupted while typing. Does tradeomats allow to trade tools without removing the smith bonus points? That would be a good advantage.

Oh Hey tony long time no see, no i disabled PVP after thinking about it, i turned it off through gamerules, so there is no PVP just need to update the post

Well, honestly this modpack is designed for PVP :) Of course not just plain deathmatch, rather CTF-like play rules, which need some massive server preparations.

I just wrote 10 paragraphs trashing PVP, but deleted once I realised that it would not change anyone's mind. I completely dislike PVP and do not think will ever work for TFC, but in the end, I have to admit that some people may enjoy having their base destroyed or been killed while exploring the world looking for ores. If that's the case is in their right.

For now, I am playing the modpack in a single player game. I am grateful for all the work put in creating the pack. 

As long as people have fun, that's all that matter.

Piece and Love.

nah i disagree, with the amount of time and effort it takes to build the contraptions here, i think i am going to leave PVP off, maybe in the future have a designated Arena, but not in the wild.

8 hours ago, TonyLiberatto said:

Yes Trade-O-Mats allow trade of tools  that have a smithing bonus, it gives you whatever kind of Ax for example, is in the chest. sorry for long response times, i was at work all day today

No problem if you want to have non-PVP server, it is even better because it doesn't collide with my idea to create PVP server :)

BTW, where this server is located? I have large network lags.

When I died, my inventory was preserved and additionally I got 16 minecraft apples, is it bug or feature?

5 hours ago, ciekma said:

No problem if you want to have non-PVP server, it is even better because it doesn't collide with my idea to create PVP server :)

BTW, where this server is located? I have large network lags.

When I died, my inventory was preserved and additionally I got 16 minecraft apples, is it bug or feature?

server is located in central US, and i have keep inventory on, however i am unsure where the apples come from, i don't know why those show up