Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Diego il Catanico Jr

Suggestion from TFCplus subreddit + I always thought that TFC stone textures weren't really good. A lot of them had higly visible grid-like patterns.

15 posts in this topic

I have made this suggestion on TFC+ forum, it would work here too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfcplus/comments/8e34qf/hi_dunk_i_have_a_few_suggestions_heres_three_of/

Time ago I made some new/modified versions of TFC stones. Some were kept unchanged, some were slightly modified and some were totally re-made. I have tried to make them grid-like pattern-free.

Andesite Andesite Raw.png

Basalt Basalt Raw.png

Chalk Chalk Raw.png

Chert Chert Raw.png

Claystone Claystone Raw.png

Conglomerate Conglomerate Raw.png

Dacite Dacite Raw.png

Diorite Diorite Raw.png

Gabbro Gabbro Raw.png

Gneiss Gneiss Raw.png

Granite Granite Raw.png (Not sure if I like it, but still gives me more the idea of granite (don't judge me for using vanilla granite))

Limestone Limestone Raw.png

Marble Marble Raw.png

Quartzite Quartzite Raw.png

Rhyolite Rhyolite Raw.png

If you liked the idea to replace these textures, I could make all the other variants, dirt, sand and gravel included... thought im not really expert in texturing and the result could be horrible. i will be trying at least.

Edited by Diego il Catanico Jr
Modified title

I agree whit you, they are relly grid-like.

But i think we can go i little further.

The latest versions of minecraft add roation textures, this could solve the grid like partern. Btw we could add variants to the textures, or even a bigger pattern that is less visible than the 1x1 block pattern. (idk if this could be add to the core mod or you need a third party mod like optifine to do that, but it is an idea)

1 hour ago, eagleyes005 said:

The latest versions of minecraft add roation textures, this could solve the grid like partern.

I know, but it is really complicated to make textures that don't look bad by doing that. With vanilla stone it's easy because it only uses 3 shades of gray. Thought you could try doing that, if you think you can.

I will be doing cobblestone, bricks and other textures if the devs say that they agree on changing at least some textures: Andesite, Basalt, Chalk, Chert, Claystone, Comglomerate, Dacite, Diorite, Gabbro, Gneiss, Limestone.

Also i think some of these textures look more vanilla than most TFC stones. If devs don't agree I think i will be doing just a texture pack.

21 hours ago, Diego il Catanico Jr said:

know, but it is really complicated to make textures that don't look bad by doing that. With vanilla stone it's easy because it only uses 3 shades of gray. Thought you could try doing that, if you think you can.

No, it is not. Here is a proof:

Normal-

3.png1.png2.png

Rotation-

r1.pngr3.pngr2.png

Btw, any texture that you make will look grid-like, because the game is grid-like. The only solution is rotation or texture variants (or a combination of these two)

Vanilla stone (that use 3 shades of gray as you said)

stone.png

whit rotation:

stone r.png

As you can see it is grid like and the rotated one doesn't look good (yours looks lot better for this porpuse).

I like many of you textures, but some not (like the diorite one, it look like vanilla ice cream haha, sorry). Soo i think it will be cool to have some of your textures in the game (like the claystone, chalk and many others). If you are thinking to edit your textures have in mind that rotation is a feature and it can be used to remove this grid-like problem.

Well honestly i wasn't expecting that... But im not sure, we should test the rotation for all stones and with bigger grids. I think im'g going to edit them a little (that ugly 2x2 square on the diorite!!!).

Anyway 

56 minutes ago, eagleyes005 said:

like the diorite one, it look like vanilla ice cream haha, sorry

LOL here in Italy we call that ice cream Stracciatella... However, the diorite textures is one of these that i like most, i think it's subjective with the diorite if you like it or not.

1 hour ago, Diego il Catanico Jr said:

that ugly 2x2 square on the diorite!!!

This is something that i have noticed too.

About the Diorite, i was searching and yours looks more realistic. So forget what i told you about it haha. It will be good for building stuffs, like a kitchen for example

I have been testing textures:

-Andesite has been modified Andesite Raw v2.png and can now be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Basalt can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Chalk can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Chert can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Claystone can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Conglomerate has been modified Conglomerate Raw v2.png and looks good rotated/reflected in any way;

-Dacite can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Diorite Has been modified Diorite Raw v2.png and can be rotated/reflected any way;

-Gabbro has been modified Gabbro Raw v2.png and can't anyway be rotated 90 or 270 degrees as it looks bad;

-Gneiss must not be rotated 90 or 270 degrees as it looks bad;

-Granite has been redone Granite Raw v2.png and can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Limestone must not be rotated 90 or 270 degrees;

-Marble has been modified Marble Raw v2.png and can now be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Quartzite can be rotated/reflected in any way;

-Rhyolite can be rotated/reflected in any way;

I appreciate the effort being put in here. Just be aware implementing anything like this will be a little later. Just don’t want you discouraged by use not commenting or implemented. 

20 hours ago, Diego il Catanico Jr said:

I have been testing textures:

Pretty good!

10 hours ago, Bunsan said:

I appreciate the effort being put in here. Just be aware implementing anything like this will be a little later. Just don’t want you discouraged by use not commenting or implemented. 

Np, we are patients haha

10 hours ago, Bunsan said:

Just be aware implementing anything like this will be a little later.

I know, but telling before is better. And some suggestions if accepted before the mod is complete could be easier to implement rather than if the mod is already complete.

Heck, I'd use these if you made the cobble, brick, and smooth versions of them. I'd stuff them in my custom resource pack for 1.7.10, even if they didn't end up in the redo to 1.12.

You could just use them for 1.12 as a resourcepack!

On 29/8/2018 at 5:18 PM, vladthemad said:

Heck, I'd use these if you made the cobble, brick, and smooth versions of them. I'd stuff them in my custom resource pack for 1.7.10, even if they didn't end up in the redo to 1.12.

I'm busy these days, i dont think i will do that for a while, if you want you can try.

6 hours ago, Diego il Catanico Jr said:

I'm busy these days, i dont think i will do that for a while, if you want you can try.

While I'm decent enough at changing some things, making new textures isn't one of them. :D My skills with graphics amount to cut and paste, so it's probably beyond my capacity...at least if I want them to look good.

Good luck Allen .....

Sure you will have a blast bro. Going to be going for some memory speed records in the AsRock stand this year ?