Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jed1314

Additional Mods

40 posts in this topic

Just a point of interest, but what mods do you all use/recommend with TFC ? Personally I use NEI (for the recipes), smart moving, optifine and rei's minimap :) I'm also thinking of putting together a, hardcore survival .bin to really challenge myself, by adding mods that add thirst, tiredness etc.

Well give it about 10-20 updates and that stuff should be in game. :)

We ALL think it would add a new level to the game.

Well give it about 10-20 updates and that stuff should be in game. :)

I doubt it. Bioxx is focussing on agriculture and the terrain at the moment but we will start adding other player GUIs After Beta 2 officialy comes out... So there might be a fair few updates before that happens. But their is a high chance of it happening...

But with the mods that you use i also use Inventory Tweaks... And sometimes the switcher mod...

I'm amazed ! A degree of unity on a forum related to minecraft :o It's good to see the community has reached mostly agreements instead of arguments :L

Edit: I spoke too soon -.-

Speak for yourself not others. We don't ALL think adding thirst and tiredness is a good idea. There have been entire threads where people have argued about this. I would say about half of us think that would be good, the other half think that would make the game less fun and more tedious and annoying. I personally would hate thirst and tiredness and would be trying to find a way to turn them off if they were ever implemented. Hunger is enough imo to add a sense of believability without adding other handicaps to the player. The mod is going in the direction of making it so you cannot carry a lot in your inventory. If I have to bring food, water AND constantly go back to base to sleep it's going to make resource collecting annoying as hell.

Speak for yourself not others. We don't ALL think adding thirst and tiredness is a good idea. There have been entire threads where people have argued about this. I would say about half of us think that would be good, the other half think that would make the game less fun and more tedious and annoying. I personally would hate thirst and tiredness and would be trying to find a way to turn them off if they were ever implemented.

Yeah there should be a massive vote on this ...

Examples:

Q 1). Do you want thirst to be added to TFC?

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

A 3). I realy don't care, let me play TFC.

Q 2). Do you want personal energy(Being tired and stuff) to be added?

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

Q 3). Would you want personal health(illnesses,disease and so on) to be added to TFC?

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

The mod is going in the direction of making it so you cannot carry a lot in your inventory. If I have to bring food, water AND constantly go back to base to sleep it's going to make resource collecting annoying as hell.

I sense you are not happy about the inventory changes either ? I feel this mod really works best in a multiplayer environment. Minecraft multiplayer in general has always had a flaw in that every player is a one man mining/farming/fighting/building machine. These inventory limitations go a long way to forcing people to actually:

A) Develop an infrastructure so that they aren't lugging around all the ore/wood by themselves. This might make boats + rails actually useful

B ) Provides a much bigger challenge - This is a more personal thing, I feel minecraft is waaaaaaayyy to easy

C) Adds a place for equipment like backpacks which increases the amount of tech and realism within the game

The thirst (and possibly sleep) would add a whole new dimension to multiplayer gameplay, in that you would actually need supply trains etc. (especially if environmental factors affected things - desert caravan trains anyone :)) I can appreciate why you don't want these features implemented though, and I feel a good compromise would be a hardcore mode perhaps ?

Teranz, I like the idea of a vote if Bioxx is pro this idea, however, I don't think there should be an "I don't care" option. Apathy really doesn't help decide the matter and people may end up with features they dislike because they didn't think about it before voting :) Just a suggestion :)

The mod is going in the direction of making it so you cannot carry a lot in your inventory. If I have to bring food, water AND constantly go back to base to sleep it's going to make resource collecting annoying as hell.

Portable chests? Horses that carry your items? There is plenty of sollutions to that doe...

As far as mods that I use with TFC, I generally use:

Rei's Minimap (Can't play Minecraft without it anymore, I get way too lost.)

Convenient Inventory

Backpacks (I understand inventory space is meant to be short, but until there's an in-game option for expanding it this is the best one that feels like it fits)

Cart Mod (With a few recipes I modded in myself to make the Wood Glue using the TFC wooden bucket of milk instead of an iron bucket)

And that's about it right now. I enjoy pulling a cart out to the forest to load up with lumber, then slowly lugging it back to base. :D

As far as mods that I use with TFC, I generally use:

Rei's Minimap (Can't play Minecraft without it anymore, I get way too lost.)

Convenient Inventory

Backpacks (I understand inventory space is meant to be short, but until there's an in-game option for expanding it this is the best one that feels like it fits)

Cart Mod (With a few recipes I modded in myself to make the Wood Glue using the TFC wooden bucket of milk instead of an iron bucket)

And that's about it right now. I enjoy pulling a cart out to the forest to load up with lumber, then slowly lugging it back to base. :D

I personally like to go around without a map, and up until now I've always been able to get back home eventually :P but I love your cart idea, I mean something like a wheelbarrow would be really really cool and it's also quite realistic in the TFC environment!

Cart Mod (With a few recipes I modded in myself to make the Wood Glue using the TFC wooden bucket of milk instead of an iron bucket

Could you fling that my way, that sounds very appealing :o

Examples:

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

Q 3). Would you want personal health(illnesses,disease and so on) to be added to TFC?

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

i don't like 2 and 3 but 1 could get intersting needing more water while in hot caves or hot seasons and such we can make smoothies then :lol:

Smart move

Rei's

Inv Tweaks

-three mods I'll never live without, well and TFC of course! Vanilla is boring and easy.

Backpacks

Ender Storage (for servers that require it)

MobAura (auto attacks mobs within radius with current item. Kinda cheating but usually I have it off on public servers)

AutoSwitch (durability saver and use worse turned off)

i don't like 2 and 3 but 1 could get intersting needing more water while in hot caves or hot seasons and such we can make smoothies then :lol:

I just made a thread for (amongst other things) thirst, please make any suggestions you feel are necessary :P

I think the only actual mods I use are/is Rei's Minimap

Optifine and NEI I almost consider manditory, and not so much mods as they are utilities as they don't change the game itself (unless you cheat :angry: )

Backpack mods... Not sure why people even use these as it's like slapping Bioxx in the face and telling him he shouldn't have made it harder to carry stuff in a passive-aggressive way.

Smart Moving I use to use but I stopped as it seems to tweak out and you can easily kill yourself when used with TFC. IF it wasn't for that I loved Smart moving as it made it more realistic you could jump up and climb or duck down and crawl through a hole. (I just hated the infinite sprint people abused since it doesn't link to hunger)

Examples:

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

A 1). Yeah!

A 2). No way mate!

I'll do that right now.

Yo

I'll do that right now.

Your joking right?

Just curious, Ive been trying all day to get Smart moving and Opti fine to work with this mod and cant seem to get it right. is there a proper order I need to follow to get them to work right? All required mods should be up to date, I re-downloaded them all today.

Could you fling that my way, that sounds very appealing :o

I'll try and put something together for you guys! :D I'll try and make it good and proper instead of the partially-working version I did previously.

Just curious, Ive been trying all day to get Smart moving and Opti fine to work with this mod and cant seem to get it right. is there a proper order I need to follow to get them to work right? All required mods should be up to date, I re-downloaded them all today.

Install Forge>Chickencore>NEI(If you use these)>Smart Moving>Optifine

I actually use this awesome program which means I don't have to load mods into the .bin at all :D It's amazingly effective :o

Here's the link, I highly recommend it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-launcher-magic-launcher-098-mods-options-news/

Just wanted to let people know, to be careful with inventory tweaks mod with TFC, The new chests cause the buttons to bug out and can freeze up the game.

Just wanted to let people know, to be careful with inventory tweaks mod with TFC, The new chests cause the buttons to bug out and can freeze up the game.

Lol not like you need to be able to automatically sort that small of an inventory anyways! lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0