Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tsnm

Your chisel creations!!

203 posts in this topic

These are my creations:

Chair and a little table:

Posted Image

Sofa:

Posted Image

Living it up dwarf style with your stone furniture ? +1 for that alone good sir ! Perhaps an additional +1 if your buttocks can survive for long enough to finish your dinner ;):)

To be fair, though - dinner in Minecraft is 'chomp chomp chomp BELCH' and that's it. Even rock sofas aren't that uncomfortable! :)

I'm really impressed with the new chisel mechanics, even just the ability to create stairs out of solid blocks is great. Cheers Bioxx.

There's going to be a lot of crazy cool creations out of this i bet we are going to be on youtube a lot more!!! this is great!!! ^_^

This is amazing! I did not know that chisel could do that. :o

Thought that could only turn to the usual things, like stairs. :DD

This is just amazing. Congratulations on the creations.

Another two creations!

Better Chair:

Posted Image

Familiar table and American bar:

Posted Image

Tsnm (may I call you dave ?), you sir have this down to a T. Already. It's been like a day. I am very impressed now o.o

I finally tested it. Is really cool. I see myself playing with this for some really big time. xD

Is nice that the Chisel don't lose durability on this (Yet? Hope not...), so is a really nice thing to just decorate your house and your world.

I wish there was a way to make table legs shorter. my couch and stools look fine, but the long table legs are messing it up.

Theres a tiny blocks mod (might not be true name) that instead of removing a layer off a block, you add small 1x1 blocks.

If there was another chisel mode that allowed you to take off 1x1 blocks instead of an entire layer THEN the really creative stuff could be made.

Could be nice seeing a way to model wood, maybe adding different tool options to an axe?

Or just making that the wooden planks don't be a block, but planks that could be piled to finaly form a block, like adding two Slabs, but with more planks. So is a opposite way of the chisel, on wooden planks.

Most likly will be the saw rather than the axe. And im sure its coming,

If we're being pedantic it would make equal sense to use a chisel on wood as it would on stone actually :P

Followed up with a plane, and maybe some sanding (That was NOT a serious suggestion to clarify :P)

At first I was like, wow a slightly better better than using a stair and signs chair/couch but when I saw the second pictures I realized there is a level of detail there that you just have to figure out. Loving that second chair, plus chert is awesome colored stone. You sir have a good hand for a chisel.

Diorite is an ugly building material.

That looks really cool design wise, maybe if you used smooth stone it would look a little better than regular stone.

Diorite smooth stone is just as grainy as plain diorite. I am using Diorite smooth stone for the posts, up until the arch. Smooth stone arches would look kind of segmented and broken apart, making it look both unrealistic and also ugly. I should have went with a smoother looking stone, like Granite, Chalk, or Marble. My excuse was "Oh hey, its Diorite in this mountain, lets use that!"

Anyway, give me a chisel and I'll go to town. Architecture is my thing in this mod, since I apparently can't find any metals for the life of me.

Anyway, here's the completed thing: http://imgur.com/a/KssXm#0

Hah, at first, I thought:

'Pfff, RP2 microblocks are better...'

But then I considered the options: The chisel system is a fun, clever, and challenging system. Microblocks have fixed positions, and are made in a derpy way (Yeah, steve can use a saw to cut thorugh solid stone. Logic.).

Good job bioxx. My own chisel creations are forthcoming.

-snip-

I can't get your link to work mate :( .. I really want to see it finished too because it looked EPIC :L

Tsnm (may I call you dave ?), you sir have this down to a T. Already. It's been like a day. I am very impressed now o.o

No problem ;) this is my name!

Diorite is an ugly building material.

http://i.imgur.com/mhDyd.png

http://i.imgur.com/pr0hO.png

The finished images have very cool design!

I recently found out how to upload pictures so here are my chisel works. http://imgur.com/a/paeEB I finished them last night. I love this feature. My only complaint is it's not for wood yet. Well hopefully it will be but ... anyhow enjoy.

How do you use the chisel to do that? Which BTW is great. I see that the tool has 3 modes (at least for me) which is stairs, slab and smooth but can't figure out how you guys are making chairs, etc.

Also I've looked all over and can't find a changelog

You can shave things down if you have a hammer and chisel in your hotbar. so they sculpted a few chairs, and what nots.

Ah, that would make sense. I didn't have the hammer.

This chisel has infinite possibilities! I love it! ^_^

How do you use the chisel to do that? Which BTW is great. I see that the tool has 3 modes (at least for me) which is stairs, slab and smooth but can't figure out how you guys are making chairs, etc.

Also I've looked all over and can't find a changelog

The changelog is here: http://www.terrafirmacraft.com/download/change-log/