Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhoenixCrafter

We have cave-ins, why not sink holes?

10 posts in this topic

Here is an idea, if TFC already has cave-ins couldn't the same mechanic mean that if say there is a cave not very deep under ground (say only 3, 4, 5 blocks blow the surface) you could have it collapse and all the land above it would collapse, it could be effected by how many blocks are on the surface; say you built a large house above a cave it could collapse destroying your house meaning people would have to be careful of where they build. What do you think? :huh:

That would be Hardcore mode.

If you would like to have sinkholes like that, then Bioxx would need to apply physics to EVERY SINGLE block in game.

Ofcourse that would mean you would be forced to use Support Beams at your very house.

There *are* sinkholes. Let me join your server. I seem to find one every time I build a house regardless of what server I'm on.

There *are* sinkholes. Let me join your server. I seem to find one every time I build a house regardless of what server I'm on.

This is because caves are not dug through dirt during generation, leaving dirt and grass floating above cave entrances (usually ravines)

Darkladyphoenix and Phoenixcrafter... father and son? ._: (?)

It would be a little difficult to build anything, and there's a lot of things you have to build in the game -like charcoal pits-... but, i like it. Maybe if there was a way of telling how much weight some place can support without sinking -not counting digging down until you find a cave or something down there-, it could be more balanced. Whatever, if ever added, it shouldn't be a good one -as it wasn't strange in the past to accidentaly build something in an inappropiate place. It should be like smithing, where you can be pretty bad at the begining, but you can master it after some time and practice.

Darkladyphoenix and Phoenixcrafter... father and son? ._: (?)

>DarkLadyPhoenix

>Father and son

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

>DarkLadyPhoenix

>Father and son

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

First rule of women, never call them men by accident :P

ok, ok, father and daughter... you made me go for a spanish-english dictionary and look how to say "hija" while i could be losing that precious time. Happy now?(?)

EDIT: now i think about it, considering the order it was said, it should be mother and son... i'm feeling reeeeally derpie right now ._.

ok, ok, father and daughter... you made me go for a spanish-english dictionary and look how to say "hija" while i could be losing that precious time. Happy now?(?)

EDIT: now i think about it, considering the order it was said, it should be mother and son... i'm feeling reeeeally derpie right now ._.

*pat on head*

Good boy/girl/genderless-internet-entity

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0