Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Incompatibility

Rotten Meat vs Raw Meat

18 posts in this topic

Rotten meat gives more hunger than certain raw meat, which makes no sense whatsoever. Any thoughts?

Don't eat rotten meat, give it to your dog. Problem solved. :P

Well, rotten is just a putrid meat. Have a lot of germs too! xD

The raw... is just raw. You can actually eat raw, just like a crazy survival, or a caveman without fire.. Is not DELICIOUS, but... is eatable. :o (I'm not saying I would eat those crap. xDDD)

Don't eat rotten meat, give it to your dog.

Your dog will pass away. :o

Well, rotten is just a putrid meat. Have a lot of germs too! xD

The raw... is just raw. You can actually eat raw, just like a crazy survival, or a caveman without fire.. Is not DELICIOUS, but... is eatable. :o (I'm not saying I would eat those crap. xDDD)

There are plenty of examples of eating raw meat, so I don't understand why it wouldn't have any nutritional value in the game :S

NOT THE DOG ! T.T

Yes but my point is why would rotten meat give any more nutritional value than raw, fresh meat?

Yes but my point is why would rotten meat give any more nutritional value than raw, fresh meat?

I understand, it is beyond ridiculous. Rotten flesh should give you food poisoning alone. That's not even mentioning the long term health risks associated with the consumption of human flesh >.>

Food poisoning is the "Hunger" status, and both Chicken flesh and Rotten gives it. But is totally not right, and I agree too, Rotten giving two icon hunger, and chicken just one. That's actually bizarre to think. :P

I think Rotten Flesh need to be like drinking poison, you get a disease straight away and die. (Or become a zombie! xD Jk)

Plus, the game itself have and antidote: Milk. But that's wrong too. :P

The Hunger status is like a potion effect, so milk can just cancel that status. That's so real.

But milk makes you big and strong! :(

Ever tried chugging down a bucket full of fresh, creamy milk when you're going through the horror of food poisoning ? :L

I couldn't manage a mouthful of water :P

I don't think it would cure it, if anything, drinking a bucket of milk while you have food poisoning should take away extra hunger and spawn a small ocean of white (inexplicably carrot filled) semi curdled milk blocks (apologies to those of you with a weak stomach :P)

Now, if we are talking about milk AND chocolate... cold...with some coffe... I agree. That can cure everything.

Now, if we are talking about milk AND chocolate... cold...with some coffe... I agree. That can cure everything.

As much as I wish you were right ... :(

I have a theory that food poisoning is actually cured with suffering, and it takes a whole lot of suffering :P

With time, the mob drops may be changed, or the mobs themselves. Right now, the zombies, the rotten flesh, the 2 hunger restore of it, and the poison effect are leftovers of the vanilla minecraft. Have faith that Bioxx may change all this

Rotten meat would have nutritional value, but it should be redone to have a graded chance to make you ill or very ill. It wouldn't poison like it does, it would cause disease you. My impression is that if rotten meat had half its current value but then also a chance to make you sick, say 10% chance to actually reduce your hunger instead of raising it, and if you had no hunger it would damage your health. I think that would be more workable.

As far as milk for curing poison, milk would help to reduce the lethality of some ingested poisons, the calcium i believe it is will bind with certain poisons and reduce their effects. This however would of course only be on certain ingested toxins.

Playing last night on SMP, I tamed a dog that growled constantly, even once tame. We eventually pushed it into a hole and covered it with wood, you could still hear the growling while you were anywhere near the hut. Poisoning it with zombie meat would have been a mercy killing. :(

Why does rotten meat fill more then normal meat... That is simple! All the extra protein from all the maggots!

-snip-

Such a lovely image Silva :P

Maybe we sould add a debuff simply called "They're eating me !" where the zombie maggots slowly hollow out Steve. That'd show the filthy bugger for eating rotting human flesh ! :S

Such a lovely image Silva :P

Maybe we sould add a debuff simply called "They're eating me !" where the zombie maggots slowly hollow out Steve. That'd show the filthy bugger for eating rotting human flesh ! :S

Or Bioxx could toss in a silly achievement for when you eat so much rotten flesh and name it "The worms crawl in. The worms crawl out, Up your nose and out your mouth!"

Or Bioxx could toss in a silly achievement for when you eat so much rotten flesh and name it "The worms crawl in. The worms crawl out, Up your nose and out your mouth!"

That would really make my day :)