Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MisteRibi

Prospecting pick don't know what he says or what?!

8 posts in this topic

When I still right-clicking on a same block, is answer cycle between «Nothing», «small», «medium», «large» and «very large»

I know that bioxx don't want to change the way it's work, but he can change the way is answer so it will not be so much ramdomly :/

Edit: some words does disappering, don't know why, now I hop is fixed

I don't remember Bioxx saying that he wanted to change the Pro'Pick. :o

Anyway, this messages are not random, they only show some vein. The pick can scan every side, so it can, if you are "lucky", encounter two or more different veins near some blocks, so it can keep showing different veins.

The closer you are from the surface, the smaller are the veins you'll find. That means that when you do find one, the ore itself will be scattered in small groups next to each other. From what it seems, the propick sees that as different veins, which might explain why it keeps showing apparent random results.

I don't remember Bioxx saying that he wanted to change the Pro'Pick. :o

Anyway, this messages are not random, they only show some vein. The pick can scan every side, so it can, if you are "lucky", encounter two or more different veins near some blocks, so it can keep showing different veins.

The closer you are from the surface, the smaller are the veins you'll find. That means that when you do find one, the ore itself will be scattered in small groups next to each other. From what it seems, the propick sees that as different veins, which might explain why it keeps showing apparent random results.

I don't understand your meaning o.O!

Normally the propick has a scan box of 25x25x25, and for me if there's nothing or something somewhere between those number, the propick say it!

By exemple: if there's sphalerite, he said sphalerite, may be is rolling between «small», «medium»... and the other ore, but HE CAN'T SAY «there's nothing»!!!

I can't see you and say you aren't there to the boss, is ridiculus!

I really hope to understand because right of now is so stupid for me at least!

It is called a Prospectors Pick not a Here's Your Ore Pick.

Prospectors do not look at the ground and see gold, they test samples until they find it. The pick is simulating that. It will test and sometimes it may not find anything just as a real prospector might not find anything even though there may be a big vein of ore nearby.

Hope that helps you understand.

-snip-

I have been saying this for quite some time on various propick threads. People take this mechanic for granted entirely too often. It's there as an aid, not to play the game for you. If the inaccuracy bothers you, try not using them at all for a while, then come back and tell me it's useless because the vertical range of blocks was increased by 12. Some people >.<

the only reason i have a propick is to check what ores i find in mountain sides instead of mining a sample.

I THINK he meant that it should uniformly report a giant size vein as large rather than changing because the whole vein wasn't in scan radius.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0