Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warfighter67

Upcoming changes in pre46

17 posts in this topic

Beta v2 Build 46 (Unreleased) Codename: Jiminy Cricket

• Ghost dirt blocks should no longer appear above grass when a dirt cavein occurs in SMP.
  • Chickens should no longer commit suicide while jumping up blocks.
  • Buffed Knife damage as a weapon. It’s weaker than an axe but better than fighting bare handed.
  • Upgraded Vazkii’s Mod Update Manager to v2.1.
  • Properly implemented birth and the parent following ai of mobs.
  • Female bears will sometimes spawn with 1-2 cubs.
  • Wolf growling after tamed should stop.
  • Fixed animal item pick up and feeding by throwing items. Currently, wolves will pick up raw beef and pork off the ground and bears will pick up raw beef, pork and fish.
  • Removed height factor from forge temperature.
Really?

Good and bad I guess, what will the heat stay at now?

I kind of liked the height difference.

I think he was discussing the last point in the list, Teranz. I don't like that change either, unless it's leading to further changes.

Maybe since moving the ore further underground forcing people to go higher is not that big of a deal anymore.

Beta v2 Build 46 (Unreleased) Codename: Jiminy Cricket

• Ghost dirt blocks should no longer appear above grass when a dirt cavein occurs in SMP.
  • Chickens should no longer commit suicide while jumping up blocks.
  • Buffed Knife damage as a weapon. It’s weaker than an axe but better than fighting bare handed.
  • Upgraded Vazkii’s Mod Update Manager to v2.1.
  • Properly implemented birth and the parent following ai of mobs.
  • Female bears will sometimes spawn with 1-2 cubs.
  • Wolf growling after tamed should stop.
  • Fixed animal item pick up and feeding by throwing items. Currently, wolves will pick up raw beef and pork off the ground and bears will pick up raw beef, pork and fish.
  • Removed height factor from forge temperature equation.
  • Reworked ambient temperature system. Temperatures should make more sense depending on biome type.
  • Firepits should properly leave behind an empty mold when you are combining two partial unshaped metal molds by draining one into another. Note: This is the proper way of combining unshaped metal. Using the crafting table to ‘repair’ the items is not intended and will be patched out at some point.
  • Fixed another instance of the 0 stack bug that has haunted me since Beta 1.
I guess Bioxx saw this topic :D

Time to build our forges high up in deserts :D

(unless it gets super cold at night in them)

(you all know it isn't always blistering hot in deserts right?)

Also, 0 stack bug means no more duplication bug? About damn time! lol

The height thing didn't make much sense anyway. The further you go down, the hotter it gets, further up, the colder, and less oxygen, which isn't good for forges.

Well, digging up a shaft for the Forge is a bit stupid imo - so no underground forges directly.

The height thing didn't make much sense anyway. The further you go down, the hotter it gets, further up, the colder, and less oxygen, which isn't good for forges.

Yup I never got the point of building a Forge high up, since higher up you would have less dense air meaning less oxygen so the fire would burn cooler.. Not hotter.

But Also for the same reason you don't want to build a forge underground... That hot fire is sucking up a ton of oxygen, so you'd have to be pumping more air down into the cave/tunnel just so the fire can breath.. and so can you!

The oxygen point is valid, but warmer underground?

It gets colder when you go underground. Unless you plan on digging all the way to the mantle. Icebox rooms were always deep underground because the sun never reached to warm it up. It can get very cold underground. Plus, heat rises. If you have a basement, when was the last time it was warmer than the main level?

Also, warfighter67? Keep in mind the desert will be freezing cold at night, meaning that you will be doing all your metallurgy during the daytime.

It gets colder when you go underground. Unless you plan on digging all the way to the mantle. Icebox rooms were always deep underground because the sun never reached to warm it up. It can get very cold underground. Plus, heat rises. If you have a basement, when was the last time it was warmer than the main level?

You're actually both right in a way. In the grander scheme of things, the temperature does increase as you descend and decrease as you ascend actually. That is the principle that geothermal energy is based on and it is also why the peaks of mountains are snowy in warm areas like africa. (They do not drill into the mantle for geothermal after all ;) That has never been done, ironically because of the extreme temperature increases you say don't exist :P)

However, on a small scale that is experienced by normal people on the ground, Valkupo is right. This is minecraft though. We make mines. And mines get very very hot when they get deep.

Especially with the new lava caverns, damn well better be hot down there.

Also, warfighter67? Keep in mind the desert will be freezing cold at night, meaning that you will be doing all your metallurgy during the daytime.

No, it actually gets hotter the farther down you go. In real life.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/04/photogalleries/giant-crystals-cave/

Key point "Temperatures hovered consistently around a steamy 136 degrees Fahrenheit (58 degrees Celsius), and the cave was filled with mineral-rich water that drove the crystals' growth."

Shallow caves are usually cool, the deeper you go the hotter it gets.

And the point of posting the information about upcoming builds is? Any one can check them out here -> www.terrafirmacraft.com/download/change-log

Actually I kind of like opening up a discussion for planned changes. Negative comments on things we haven't tested aside, why can't I say that I'm excited to see the new changes on animals? :)

Dunno how the animal picking up loot thing will go. I already get a little upset when a wolf steals the sheep I was about to shear. Can't imagine how much better it will be when they steal my lunch, but we'll see.

I can't wait for those stupid upwards cave-ins to stop :)

upward cave-ins? Tell me more. I have noticed iv gotten come cave-ins when normally it would have caused a cave-on.

Actually I kind of like opening up a discussion for planned changes. Negative comments on things we haven't tested aside, why can't I say that I'm excited to see the new changes on animals? :)

Dunno how the animal picking up loot thing will go. I already get a little upset when a wolf steals the sheep I was about to shear. Can't imagine how much better it will be when they steal my lunch, but we'll see.

I can't wait for those stupid upwards cave-ins to stop :)

Animals don't pick up loot, only items they want to pick up. Currently, this consists only of food items, but in the future, you might be able to train pets to retrieve other items. I don't know. =P

Animals don't pick up loot, only items they want to pick up. Currently, this consists only of food items, but in the future, you might be able to train pets to retrieve other items. I don't know. =P

If I'm not playing virtual fetch with my virtual pet sheep within the month, I don't know what I'll do :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0