Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truculent

[b44+] easy = Tin + Copper + Iron !

27 posts in this topic

Having a hard time finding ores? Tired of digging for hours and finding nothing? Then this is the seed for you: easy

Or you can use 3105794 if you prefer numbers.

Go to 77,140 -- it's in some water, so start on the shore nearby around 85,165 -- and dig down to y=95. You will find a massive cassiterite deposit containing native copper and hematite inclusions. The location of the hematite deposits are around 77,130 108,165 and 90,120 (all at or near y=95).

As an extra bonus you'll also find some cinnabar. Happy mining!

Posted Image

... God, that's gonna take minecraft months to completely deplete. And weeks to collect wood enough for so many chests i'm gonna need to save it...

Worth it

You weren't kidding. The landscape around the lake is really nice too. I've set up shop on the southern shore. :)

It seems like it's more of a multiplayer seed :D It's too much for a single person imo.

SMP I have dug to 77, 140 y=95 'no traces' using seed 3105794

Edit: Tried on creative single player found it no problem.

I found there's 2 identical seeds only way you can tell the differences is in one you spawn in a swamp with willow trees and hickory and the other has ash and birch.

The landscape is exactly the same in fact the trees spawn in the same spots just the types of trees are different and the ore is different.

The one with willow and hickory has the ore in the right spot, the other does not.

Having a hard time finding ores? Tired of digging for hours and finding nothing? Then this is the seed for you: easy

Or you can use 3105794 if you prefer numbers.

Go to 77,140 -- it's in some water, so start on the shore nearby around 85,165 -- and dig down to y=95. You will find a massive cassiterite deposit containing native copper and hematite inclusions. The location of the hematite deposits are around 77,130 108,165 and 90,120 (all at or near y=95).

As an extra bonus you'll also find some cinnabar. Happy mining!

Posted Image

How did you get rid of all that stone? If you're using an external world viewer, I'd like to know too xD

How did you get rid of all that stone? If you're using an external world viewer, I'd like to know too xD

...or, he could have used a X-ray texture for the mod ._.

EDIT: lol, forget what i said, i just realised there was lava and rock layers in the background of the picture. Fail.

I used a map editor (mIDas Gold) to delete all the non-ore blocks. You can find this application here: http://code.google.com/p/midas-gold/

I documented it in bug #400, but I'll put it here as well. The following files will be of use:

IDNames.txt (config file) : http://pastebin.com/fsJbaPNx

patch file to replace all non-ores with air : http://pastebin.com/A1T6kxc1

Make a backup copy of your map. Download the program, place the IDNames.txt and patch.txt in the same directory. Make sure you made a backup copy of your map as this isn't a reversible operation! Now load mIDas, select your map (you did make a backup, right?) and then apply the patch.

surely xray mod would work on this or not because of the modded ores and stone?

surely xray mod would work on this or not because of the modded ores and stone?

i don't think the x-ray mod would work... but a X-ray texture pack for TFcraft would work well.

i don't think the x-ray mod would work... but a X-ray texture pack for TFcraft would work well.

X-ray TPs only help you see the blocks surrounding underground air pockets, eg, player homes, caves, lava/ water pools. They generally 1 don't help you to see ores because Minecraft doesn't apply textures to block surfaces that are behind solid blocks.

1 I say generally because an ore might spawn on a cave wall and then you'll be able to see it. But with this mod that will only very rarely happen.

I used a map editor (mIDas Gold) to delete all the non-ore blocks. You can find this application here: http://code.google.com/p/midas-gold/

I documented it in bug #400, but I'll put it here as well. The following files will be of use:

Make a backup copy of your map. Download the program, place the IDNames.txt and patch.txt in the same directory. Make sure you made a backup copy of your map as this isn't a reversible operation! Now load mIDas, select your map (you did make a backup, right?) and then apply the patch.

what goes where ? its abit confusing >.<

i have the two txt documents in the same folder as the IDNames.txt and mIDas now what ?

Don't want to launch:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: pfaeff/IDChanger : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)Could not find the main class: pfaeff.IDChanger. Program will exit.

it's really not a very complicated tool, but maybe this is of help:

-1.) Make sure that Minecraft is not running, else your map can be corrupted. Even if it's just on the title screen.

0.)Also make sure your game save is in Creative mode (or you'll fall and die).

1.) Download and extract mIDas Gold into a folder.

2.) Copy the text from the first link into an IDNames.txt file in the mIDas folder.

3.) Copy the text from the second link into a patch.txt file in the mIDas folder. (though you can name it whatever you like)

4.) You made a backup of your save game, yes?

5.) Run mIDas. There should be on the main window two things of importance: a dropdown to choose a save file, and a button to load a patch.

6.) Choose the map save file you want to use.... you did back it up, right?

7.) Click the patch button and choose your patch.txt file.

8.) Now apply the patch. It should take a few seconds, if your map is really big it may take a few minutes.

9.) Close mIDas and load Minecraft, and load your map.

Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

You need Java 7.

Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 You need Java 7.

Thanks, that's help :D

it's really not a very complicated tool, but maybe this is of help:

-1.) Make sure that Minecraft is not running, else your map can be corrupted. Even if it's just on the title screen.

0.)Also make sure your game save is in Creative mode (or you'll fall and die).

1.) Download and extract mIDas Gold into a folder.

2.) Copy the text from the first link into an IDNames.txt file in the mIDas folder.

3.) Copy the text from the second link into a patch.txt file in the mIDas folder. (though you can name it whatever you like)

4.) You made a backup of your save game, yes?

5.) Run mIDas. There should be on the main window two things of importance: a dropdown to choose a save file, and a button to load a patch.

6.) Choose the map save file you want to use.... you did back it up, right?

7.) Click the patch button and choose your patch.txt file.

8.) Now apply the patch. It should take a few seconds, if your map is really big it may take a few minutes.

9.) Close mIDas and load Minecraft, and load your map.

Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

You need Java 7.

when i load mIDas there is no "patch" button do you mean the "start" button?

when i load mIDas there is no "patch" button do you mean the "start" button?

the patch button is to the left of the «add savegame» button

the patch button is to the left of the «add savegame» button

hmm i am going to sound like a moron but that button doesn t exist on mine

hmm i am going to sound like a moron but that button doesn t exist on mine

Can you post a screenshot?

Yeah me too its just load patch file Available save games and add save games. My default program was Winrar so i had to open it in java does that change anything?

Posted Image

Yes, load the patch.txt with the "Load patch file [Load]" button. You can see the ID mapping in the Translations box. Then click start to apply.

Aha! got it thanks I had to set java as my default program then pressed start.Say can this be edited so that a certain ore will be turned into glowstone so I can see find it more easier.

i dont think this exists in TFCraft 46e due to the tweak in ore rates =(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0