Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joawsome1

Basic survival, beginning in a new world

8 posts in this topic

When you spawn in the world the first thing you may notice are the new trees, min stones on the ground, different dirt, and hollow leaves. You will notice that you cannot break the wood as you can in vanilla Minecraft. So what do you do?

First you need stone to begin harvesting, gathering, and slaughtering animals.

1. as you notice there are small little blocks on the ground, if you break it (which is relatively easy) you will get an item that is called a stone. There are multiple different kinds but you only need 2 of the same to begin.

2. The leaves in the game are quite unusual. But breaking them still provides saplings, as well as a higher chance to drop sticks. Collect as many as you can for tools and much more.

3. now that you have your two main components in tool creation, your going to need 2 of those stones you harvested earlier. Put both in your crafting grid anywhere you want. Then select the output, which is still the same stone, but opens a new screen. This is called knapping, and only wastes one stone in the process. No re-do's and no restarts, only one chance. to make tool heads you need to form them as they are in the plans.

Tool heads :

*Note: "x" is where the stone needs to be left in place

**Note: "o" is where you have to remove the stone from the grid

***Note: Drawings not to scale, simply copy each row down as you see it in game

- Pickaxe Head :

O O O O O

O X X X O The basic tool od Minecraft And Terrafirmacraft. Mining to find stone and ore.

X O O O X

O O O O O

O O O O O

- Axe Head :

O X O O O

X X X X O An axe can be used as a weapon, stronger than the knife but still used mainly for wood. Its the only way to cut down trees.

X X X X X

X X X X O

O X O O O

- Prospectors Pick Head

O O O O O

O X X X X Helps you find ore quickly, although it may not be the easiest tool to use.

X O O O X

O O O O X

O O O O O

- Shovel Head

O X X X O

O X X X O Dig dirt faaster han with your fist.

O X X X O

O X X X O

O O X O O

- Hoe Head

O O O O O

X X X X X Used for farming, plant wheat after tilling the land.

O O O X X

O O O O O

O O O O O

- Knife Blade

O O X O O

O X X O O A knife is a semi-useful weapon. its not as strong as an axe, but does have its own uses. its simply a weapon, nothing else.

O X X O O

O X X O O

O X X O O

Now that you have created your axe, pickaxe, and any other possible tools. Its time to gather some rescourses. Lets start with wood, you can break the leaves to collect sticks and saplings. Or simply cut it down, now you may notice the wood isnt really called "wood" but they're logs. These can be but in your crafting grid with an Axe to split them into planks. Once you get 4 planks you can make your basic crafting table! with the crafting table you can now make more tools, or blocks!

Now to find your new home, your going to want easy access to resources, so a desert wouldn't be the best choice. Forests have the most resources, but can be a pain to live in sometimes. In my experience with this mod i realized that the best place to set up a home would be near water and in a forest. but make sure there is either a jungle or swamp nearby as well. If you don't like the overpopulated forests, then you can always live in the plains, where animals tend to spawn and the lands are easier to live on and create what you want with all the space.

Once you have found an area that is satisfying enough for you, its time to start building your house. You can use wood or stone, but notice that cobble and dirt act like sand now. but you can use support beams to hold some of it up.They are crafted by either placing an axe and 2 logs on top of or next to each other.

once you have completed the construction of your house you can go fishing if theres water nearby, breed animals, or farm wheat. Any means of survival necessary can be used.

The knife breaks leaves blocks much faster than by hand, and -i think, not sure- it gives them higher chances of dropping both saplings and sticks.

The best for starting is in fact only making the pickaxe and the axe -the last one if possible-, as you may find too little rocks for making all the tools. As when mining any kind of stone you can get that kind of rock -fairly possible-, is you manage to make the pickaxe, you will be able to make the other tools. Also, stone tools are fairly easy to break, so you will want to make more than one tool or to bring with you a stack of rock and sticks wherever you go.

In fact, the only tool you can only make with your crafting table is the javelin; every other single tool can be made in the 2x2 crafting grid.

Right now, breeding animals for living is nearly impossible in a SSP, it doesn't work as the vanilla minecraft system anymore. If you completely relied on breeding animals for getting food, the best choice would be either living from the zombie flesh, or change your difficulty to peaceful. It isn't useful unless it's made in a very high scale, and even then is very difficult and time consuming.

For charcoal, the best tree is -again, i think- Willow; for high temperature fires, the best trees are Maple and Hickory, and for long duration fires, the best are Oak and Hickory.

Also, you forgot to mention that a campfire is pretty much neccesary; for it, you first need a firestarter -which can be made by placing two sticks in the 2x2 crafting grid, in diagonal-. Then, you drop (with Q) 3 sticks in the ground and right click the block where the sticks are with the firestarter, until you make the campfire -which can take several uses of the firestarter. You can even break the firestarter before you actually make the campfire-. In it, you can cook food, light torches and -later- smelt some ores. You need to continuosly feed it with logs, in order to prevent it from putting out. If it puts out in some point, you can simply place some logs in it and light it with the firestarter, which will only take one use.

yeah, i was planning on making seperate parts. Like fragments basically, but i did notice after posting this that i left out a few other details and other things. But thanks for adding that!

in the last updates, it changed a lot : you can't make stone pickaxe heads anymore. Instead, now there are other ways beside mining to get the starter ores: when taking those rocks in the ground, you can find small chunks of ore instead of rocks -if the rock layer in the biome can have that ore-. Also, the gold panning now also can give you chunks of ore -with the same condition-. These are "small" chunks of ore, and it takes much more of these to make a bar of ore than with the mined chunks.

in the last updates, it changed a lot : you can't make stone pickaxe heads anymore. Instead, now there are other ways beside mining to get the starter ores: when taking those rocks in the ground, you can find small chunks of ore instead of rocks -if the rock layer in the biome can have that ore-. Also, the gold panning now also can give you chunks of ore -with the same condition-. These are "small" chunks of ore, and it takes much more of these to make a bar of ore than with the mined chunks.

i found around 9 small cassetarite and put on in the firepit, after a while it disapeared after the "Very Hot" stage.

That's because you need a ceramic mold in the output slot to hold the metal when it becomes liquid, otherwise you lose it

For a clay mold, you simply take 5 clay balls, place them in the crafting table in an inverted helmet shape and you will get -i think- 4 clay molds. Then, cook them in the firepit and they will become ceramic molds.

EDIT: if this doesn't work, it might be a bug which you can expect to be fixed very soon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0