Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ecu

[Offline] Ecu's TFC Server [Slots: 10][No Whitelist]

56 posts in this topic

I've decided to setup my own TerraFirmaCraft server and hope to establish a solid community here. The server will start without a whitelist in the hope that the community can manage themselves. PvP will be enabled, but excessively attacking other players without provocation will earn you a warning (and eventual ban).

Since TFC updates often and I prefer to try the new features when they become available, do expect frequent updates with potential world resets when appropriate.

Server should be up 24/7 bar any technical issues or bugs. I should be on the server often to assist with any issues as well.

Connection Information

• IP/Port

• 209.105.227.184:25581
  • TerraFirmaCraft version

• Beta 2 Build 47b
  • Smart Moving enabled
Server Changelog
  • 7/30/2012

• Server updated to B2B47f
  • 7/27/2012

• Server updated to B2B47e
  • 7/25/2012

• Server updated to B2B47b
  • 7/22/2012

• Server updated to B2B46e
  • 7/21/2012

• Initial server launch.
    • Note: Seems B2B46d has some bugs with cooking. Expect issues.
Main town (location -800, -350)

The main town is a community project where people work together and fill various roles / jobs for the town.

Donations

It seems we have already ran into an instance of crashing the server due to overstepping our ram limit. To try an help improve the server, I am taking donations. There will be no special treatment for donating. Donations are purely a way to express your desire to help the server grow.

Posted Image

Banned Players

These are players who have been requested by the community to be kept off the server. If your name is on this list and you wish to dispute it, please contact me in a private message here on the forums.

James_Cousins

pattyorye39

Yeah. I'll try your server out once the buggy-nesses of 46d go bye-bye.

Yeah. I'll try your server out once the buggy-nesses of 46d go bye-bye.

Yeah. The 46d campfire issue is rather awkward. I've managed to be able to cook things still.. but at incredibly slow speeds.

Ditto. Eight logs for a single pork chop. -_-

On a brighter note, I look forward to being on a server. I've been thinking about multiplayer for a short while now since this mod really makes coop play viable (and helpful). I'll cross my fingers that 47 is out soon and fixes these issues.

looks like 46e will be addressing the cooking problems

im in. i'll join as soon as i can. btw how busted is optifine right now? i noticed there was a bug involving it...

also i kinda like roleplaying, since my skin is a drow (dark elf) and they aren't liked by most races, feel free to attack me on sight. i tend to set up a hidden camp near the town.

Server updated to Beta 2 Build 46e, please make sure you have the new version.

i have joined to help out

Glad to hear it. The server is turning out pretty awesome so far. We've started to build a nice community living area. Still no metals at the time of posting this.. but we're working at it.

i made 10 pro picks(heads) so we can find metals soonar or latter. also what is the geral idea of houseing? are we going to build just one giant building appartment to live in? or make a small town that grows bigger? i've aways been a get ready for the later times kind of person (better safe then sorry has saved me alot of times in mc) so thats why i'm asking.

i made 10 pro picks(heads) so we can find metals soonar or latter. also what is the geral idea of houseing? are we going to build just one giant building appartment to live in? or make a small town that grows bigger? i've aways been a get ready for the later times kind of person (better safe then sorry has saved me alot of times in mc) so thats why i'm asking.

Thanks, and you'll have to talk to Endless about housing IN town. You're more then welcome to move a bit away from town and setup your own home there.

I'm good with smithing if you need someone

We welcome anyone in the town. ^-^ The managers are basically just so that things are organized.

Our current system is setting up temporary storage and beds once we hit metal and can use chisels the perm building will be in place before that you can build a house if you want but there is no real reason as all our items go in the community chests anyways

how big are we going to make the town? and i can't get on the server now...

Can't get to the server either, looks like we wait.

Sorry about the downtime earlier (server should be up again). It seems we've already managed to push the server out of ram due to how popular the server got. I'm currently unemployed and cannot offer much more financially to increase the server myself. As such, I've decided to put a donate button at the end of the original post.

No special treatment will be given to those that donate other then perhaps a personal thank you from myself. I just wanted to offer a way for the server to help itself improve.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying the server and look forwards to continuing to play with you all.

Count me in!

I'd definitely like to join :)

lol if i had 100$ i'd donate it to ya :P we need it to be 20 players at the lease :P

Huh, I was able to log on once, but then the connection was lost and I couldn't get it back.

I'll check back in a little while to see if the problem stopped.

EDIT: Nvm, it's gone.

stay away from the zinc mines they need a new flooring so there not a iemeat danger of fall to falling damage death or lava

Alright guys/gals, it looks like Beta 2 Build 47 is right around the corner. This includes a totally new ore generation system and as such I bring the question to you all... should we do a world reset?

I will update to B2B47 regardless as the plan for this server is to always keep it using the newest build until TFC is stable (and updates are slower). Personally, it'll be a bit sad to see the town go after we've worked so hard on it, but I am perfectly willing to start again. We'll just build a new town. ^-^

world reset should always be done if worldgen changes, imo.