Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GHOzzD

Why not remove shitty vanilla mobs? And magic.

141 posts in this topic

Go Russia

I would think not new mobs but remeshed. I don't know how hard would this be but it would be awesome.

For example: squid actually has testicles.

Thanks.

...I think perhaps you meant to say 'tentacles'...

I sure hope he did but how does that have anything to do with changing sprites?

What about a bull or ram? :P

umm... No.

Err... Tfc is not that kind of a mod EdVaArd... i personally would NOT want to see a squid's junk when i'm killing it :o

squids don't have junk.

But back to the original question, no, i can't really use the obj importer for new mobs. Mobs behave differently than other objects. All of minecraft's mobs are made up of blocks (can't get around that). The way it's rendered and behaves kind of relies on that, and it really wouldn't feel right if I changed that. (although I suppose I could)

No i meant for sword graphics

I meant externally.

Ah, then yes. You should have been more specific :3

You could add Dunkleosteus, in really deep oceans lol XD

You could add Dunkleosteus, in really deep oceans lol XD

That actually sounds pretty cool :L

You should add a nice wee self easter egg in Dunk.. God only knows you, Bioxx and the rest of the team have earned some recognition. ... That plus I want sea monsters ¬.¬

That actually sounds pretty cool :L

You should add a nice wee self easter egg in Dunk.. God only knows you, Bioxx and the rest of the team have earned some recognition. ... That plus I want sea monsters ¬.¬

That would be pretty fun. Maybe when you find it, it could yell reasons why your ideas won't work in TFC because of your lack of understanding of programming or because it's too lazy (<-- not a passive aggressive argument against the sea monster, I just have the impression that that's what I say usually....)

That would be pretty fun. Maybe when you find it, it could yell reasons why your ideas won't work in TFC because of your lack of understanding of programming or because it's too lazy (<-- not a passive aggressive argument against the sea monster, I just have the impression that that's what I say usually....)

Haha :P

You're too hard on yourself I think :L You usually give very good reasons why ideas won't work. You've shot down a number of mine and I never felt it was unjustified or that you just gave me a generic excuse. (although the poor understanding of programming is usually the cause :P) :)

And/Or, try to eat you... i mean, i don't think it's only food was seaweed :P

And i agree with Jed in this one :3

I was being serious on adding sea monsters, it would be fun, as well as like jed said, a cool little cameo lol.

I was watching Dragonslayer (circa 1981) and wishing there was a lance in TFC, and a dragon so powerful that several players in decent armor working together would be necessary to kill it. I really tried to get Mo'creatures working on my server... but it wasn't to be.

I always really wanted some horrific bastard to come tunneling out of the dark at me , or to attack after lying in wait behind a wall, like an Umber Hulk. Terror in the deep.

I was watching Dragonslayer (circa 1981) and wishing there was a lance in TFC, and a dragon so powerful that several players in decent armor working together would be necessary to kill it. I really tried to get Mo'creatures working on my server... but it wasn't to be.

You must be new here (yes I see "2 posts") wait for the ender dragon.

No dragons please... Go play Skyrim for dragons.

A dragon is pretty easy to code in if you want to do it. And yes you can make it insanely op.

No dragons please... Go play Skyrim for dragons.

A dragon is pretty easy to code in if you want to do it. And yes you can make it insanely op.

D: But dragons are cool. Almost no fantasy game which creators care about it is dragon-free. They are awesome to have as enemies. And even better to have as pets!... although i have no hope in TFC adding pet dragons :

You must be new here (yes I see "2 posts") wait for the ender dragon.

yeah agree wholeheartedly, i'm still not sure which was implemented more horribly, the ender dragon encounter or the ending, both are quite shit.

hell, i'm honestly not sure i'd believe the ender dragon fight is even possible without flying/creative unless someone has proof.

D: But dragons are cool. Almost no fantasy game which creators care about it is dragon-free. They are awesome to have as enemies. And even better to have as pets!... although i have no hope in TFC adding pet dragons :

Ahem...

Maybe when you find it, it could yell reasons why your ideas won't work in TFC because of your lack of understanding of programming or because it's too lazy.

I also feel they don't belong.

yeah agree wholeheartedly, i'm still not sure which was implemented more horribly, the ender dragon encounter or the ending, both are quite shit.

hell, i'm honestly not sure i'd believe the ender dragon fight is even possible without flying/creative unless someone has proof.

You need a lot of arrows and you can't look at it or it flies away.

no, I am drastically over hauling the enderdragon.

Ahem...I also feel they don't belong.

??? Did it sound like I don't want them? I wouldn't have named my account after them if I didn't like them, but you are correct, they have no place in TFC currently, but i wouldn't rule them out yet.

no, I am drastically over hauling the enderdragon.

??? Did it sound like I don't want them? I wouldn't have named my account after them if I didn't like them, but you are correct, they have no place in TFC currently, but i wouldn't rule them out yet.

No, I was talking about dragons and quoted that line. Do you get it now :P. And hey, we need easter eggs lol.

Oh piss off

Why do all dragons have to be nasty

Can't you have dragons that, like, give you cool stuff if you toss gold at them?

jeez...

Oh piss off

Why do all dragons have to be nasty

Can't you have dragons that, like, give you cool stuff if you toss gold at them?

jeez...

hey, I like that idea. Don't know where it can be implemented, but hell... why not?

Hey watch the mouth buddy, you're supposed to be all about being civilized. Silver Dragon... you're acting more like a white dragon.

Edit: Id really prefer something like groups of enemies. I saw an earlier post about dragons in the giant lava caves underground. If you're so offended by evil dragons, then what about just some other giant nasty creature being down there?

Edited by insolenthalo