Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

16 posts in this topic

Ok, this is my first playthrough of TFcraft so I search the wiki often. BUT this time I couldnt figure out my problem(s) by looking at it so here I am. I have 2 issues,

1. I've been wandering through a cave at Y=40-65 for half an hour with my stone prospecter's pick and havent "found anything of interest" I know I installed everything correctly because in creative on my test world I can access all the ores and everything as well as all the mod recipes show in NEI. I understnad this is supposed to make MC harder but seriously? half an hour and I havent found ANYTHING?

2. when I mine stone with my stone pickaxe (currently have found gabbro,marble, and diorite) all it drops is "X rock" (X being the type of stone it was) instead of dropping cobblestone of that type, hell even when I have a cave-in when I mine the cobble it just drops rocks. I'm not sure if this is intentional for a stone pick or if its a bug of some sort but I can get the stone itself by doing the mine all the blocks touching it trick.

2(a). stone pickaxes take FOREVER to mine diorite and gabbro in the videos I watch I'm not sure if its an older version or whatever but stone picks mine WAY faster.

Ok, this is my first playthrough of TFcraft so I search the wiki often. BUT this time I couldnt figure out my problem(s) by looking at it so here I am. I have 2 issues,

1. I've been wandering through a cave at Y=40-65 for half an hour with my stone prospecter's pick and havent "found anything of interest" I know I installed everything correctly because in creative on my test world I can access all the ores and everything as well as all the mod recipes show in NEI. I understnad this is supposed to make MC harder but seriously? half an hour and I havent found ANYTHING?

2. when I mine stone with my stone pickaxe (currently have found gabbro,marble, and diorite) all it drops is "X rock" (X being the type of stone it was) instead of dropping cobblestone of that type, hell even when I have a cave-in when I mine the cobble it just drops rocks. I'm not sure if this is intentional for a stone pick or if its a bug of some sort but I can get the stone itself by doing the mine all the blocks touching it trick.

2(a). stone pickaxes take FOREVER to mine diorite and gabbro in the videos I watch I'm not sure if its an older version or whatever but stone picks mine WAY faster.

Oh dear.. Half an hour is not a long time to look for ore in this game. I would consider 2 hours to be a long search with current ore gen. Also, if you are looking for starter ore, you are much better off scanning the surface, literally by running about, right clicking the ground a couple of times roughly every 25 blocks.

The rocks are a cobble replacement. How did you get your first stone pick ? o.o

You can right click with the rocks in hand to place cobble. Here, this may help with any questions regarding starting:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/No_nonsense,_a_stone-age_guide

I agree with the above post, half an hour is definatly not enough time to dedicate to looking for starter metals. I can honestly say that I've put in several days (Not all at one time!) worth of looking for metals to melt on a fire pit, no avail yet.

Which is why I am looking forward to the release of 47 where ore veins are more common, but smaller ^^

Oh dear.. Half an hour is not a long time to look for ore in this game. I would consider 2 hours to be a long search with current ore gen. Also, if you are looking for starter ore, you are much better off scanning the surface, literally by running about, right clicking the ground a couple of times roughly every 25 blocks.

The rocks are a cobble replacement. How did you get your first stone pick ? o.o

You can right click with the rocks in hand to place cobble. Here, this may help with any questions regarding starting:

http://wiki.terrafir...stone-age_guide

I got my first stone picks witht he knapping proccess into a stone pick head then with a stick, thanks for the reply and I've been in 2-3 ravines that I found on the surface, this is going to take ALOT longer than it usually does for me to get full diamond tools and armor.........

I got my first stone picks witht he knapping proccess into a stone pick head then with a stick, thanks for the reply and I've been in 2-3 ravines that I found on the surface, this is going to take ALOT longer than it usually does for me to get full diamond tools and armor.........

I wouldn't even bother with the ravines to be honest. Most of the starter ore in this game is surface ore. Literally just run along and check the ground :)

also take note there is no longer any diamond armor or tools, as vanilla crafting is disabled by default, now, the stronger armor and tools are only made from strong alloys of metals. It has also become considerably more difficult to FIND diamonds, as they only come from 1 specific type of rock, and if you haven't turned on vanilla crafting in the configs, you can't use them for anything yet anyway.

Please read the wiki.

eventually you'll have to combine several rocks to make 1 block of cobblestone, but they haven't implemented that yet, so the rock=cobblestone feature is a temporary holdover.

thanks for the replys everyone! I figured it out for the most part however I followed the instructions on the wiki for a charcoal pit and my dirt was smoking for about 1 MC day like it said then when I went to collect my charcoal the thing was empty completely. firepit and logpiles. I had filled all 4 inventory slots in every one of the piles so I was slightly disappointed

thanks for the replys everyone! I figured it out for the most part however I followed the instructions on the wiki for a charcoal pit and my dirt was smoking for about 1 MC day like it said then when I went to collect my charcoal the thing was empty completely. firepit and logpiles. I had filled all 4 inventory slots in every one of the piles so I was slightly disappointed

You have to wait until the pile STOPS smoking, take about 18 minecraft hours.

I like sealing it off at sunrise. That way when the sun rises the next night, I have glorious glorious charcoal! With fanfare and fireworks and... okay maybe that last bit is just in my head, but you are never happier to see the sun rise. :D

I DID wait until it stopped smoking thats why I was so dissappointed..... oh and update! I found a cave system and after wandering around and using 2 stacks of torches I found a LAAAARGE deposit of native copper, and shortly after making the 2 trips back and forth to my house collecting it all I found...... waaaaait for it..... LIMONITE! which I have no idea what it is...... I also managed to make myself a gabbro hammer and anvil and grabbed some limestone while I was in my cave since I know those are useful for metalurgy

I DID wait until it stopped smoking thats why I was so dissappointed..... oh and update! I found a cave system and after wandering around and using 2 stacks of torches I found a LAAAARGE deposit of native copper, and shortly after making the 2 trips back and forth to my house collecting it all I found...... waaaaait for it..... LIMONITE! which I have no idea what it is...... I also managed to make myself a gabbro hammer and anvil and grabbed some limestone while I was in my cave since I know those are useful for metalurgy

Limonite is pig iron

did you check the side inventory of the firepit? (the 4 spaces to the right?)

I must have set it up worong, I just tried it again and managed to make almost 4 stacks of charcoal, also I just set up my forge and upgraded to a copper anvil, the copper pick doesnt seem to mine much faster than the stone one :(

Now it does, since there is no stone pick!!!!

God ...

I hope when the Mod is in a better state with all the Food stuff you will be afraid about the Winter and realize "shit, i should stay longer in the stoneage".

Don;t rush to the Metals!

God ...

I hope when the Mod is in a better state with all the Food stuff you will be afraid about the Winter and realize "shit, i should stay longer in the stoneage".

Don;t rush to the Metals!

I worried about myfood situation first like I always do with MC I have 2 stacks of beef 1 of chicken and 2 of pork not to mention my wheat farm ;)