Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jed1314

Thoughts on B47 ?

117 posts in this topic

yup, very good point and i thought of that too, cavemen probably used boulders as primitive anvils at one point when they discovered metal working and such.

could also just have it use cobble instead of smooth stone to convert into an anvil, that way you'd need to have already gathered the correct type of stone and placed it where you wanted, would seem a lot less like harvesting a fruit that way and not be much more work at all.

yup, very good point and i thought of that too, cavemen probably used boulders as primitive anvils at one point when they discovered metal working and such.

could also just have it use cobble instead of smooth stone to convert into an anvil, that way you'd need to have already gathered the correct type of stone and placed it where you wanted, would seem a lot less like harvesting a fruit that way and not be much more work at all.

Interestingly, it is also possible to use certain green woods as a very rudimentary forge. Ned Kelly's armour was actually made from mould boards from a plough share (that bit was wiki-knowledge >.<) in a bush forge, with green wood used as the "anvil" :)

i'd think though, wouldn't you be taking a risk with certain more flammable wood types of a wooden anvil smoldering or worse?

i'd think though, wouldn't you be taking a risk with certain more flammable wood types of a wooden anvil smoldering or worse?

Green wood isn't that readily flammable. Red hot metal would certainly burn it, but as you are just trying to rush out basic stuff, I can't see it making a huge difference.

If we were being super pedantic, you would wait a year before burning the logs you cut down. How bad would that be ? :L :L

same thing, aren't they?

Goldpanning is Sluices-lite, I'd only use it to confirm what a river biome is actualy producing befor decideing if its worth making a Sluice system or not.

Same way you'd use a propick to go 'yep thats a big lump of ore right enough' then get your proper mining pick out.

Green wood isn't that readily flammable. Red hot metal would certainly burn it, but as you are just trying to rush out basic stuff, I can't see it making a huge difference.

If we were being super pedantic, you would wait a year before burning the logs you cut down. How bad would that be ? :L :L

I'll have to dig my book on blacksmithing out, but if I recall correctly green hickory actually burns hotter than dry hickory.

I'll have to dig my book on blacksmithing out, but if I recall correctly green hickory actually burns hotter than dry hickory.

actually that sounds right to me, probably much harder to initially ignite though and prone to going out easier.

I must confess, I know nothing of the use of wood for anything beyond home fires. In my forge, we use lumpwood charcoal, so you could well be right :)

I must confess, I know nothing of the use of wood for anything beyond home fires. In my forge, we use lumpwood charcoal, so you could well be right :)

i know there are cases when it either is or could be true, but off the top of my head i can't say for sure.

So......

This increase to Animal Drops.....

I have two stacks of Pork from around 5-7 pigs now and a stack of leather too. Is it spos to be this much meat? Are pigs spos to be dropping leather?

Also... HOW DO I COOK IT ALL!?!?!?!

yeah i have to agree to some extent on the meat drops too, i killed less than 8 pigs and was amazed at the copious amounts of pork i had from it, wasn't going to complain but it is a bit overboard.

Still say that there needs to something like a Roasting Spit that you can place over the firepit that cooks multiple meats at once...

With that much meat, I don't even bother cooking it. I usually don't cook meat anyways when I'm still in hunter/gatherer mode to begin with, but still.

With that much meat, I don't even bother cooking it. I usually don't cook meat anyways when I'm still in hunter/gatherer mode to begin with, but still.

yep, zombie flesh is great for a quick nibble too.

I don't think it is too overboard. Maybe back it off just a bit but with how long it takes for animals to grow now, you may need that much meat to survive until the next butchering.

True enough. I guess I should look into breeding and how far that food will truly last.

I don't think it is too overboard. Maybe back it off just a bit but with how long it takes for animals to grow now, you may need that much meat to survive until the next butchering.

i'd like to agree with that, but i'm not seeing any shortage as of yet, it's probably much too far to tell but worst comes to worst i can always go far enough to generate new chunks and breed that way.

Perhaps this could be balanced by preventing spawning of the friendly mobs. Instead of spawning like normal mobs, a set number could spawn in chunks, a bit like ore does now. This would mean you would need to breed them to have sustainable access. It would also eventually counter the ability to just move out in search of more animals, as once you had moved cleared the chuncks around your house, you would have to travel further and further for food.

I completely agree with your last post, Jed1314.

By the way, this is my first post. Hello there! I've discovered this mod 3 weeks ago and I could not play without it anymore... :)

Perhaps this could be balanced by preventing spawning of the friendly mobs. Instead of spawning like normal mobs, a set number could spawn in chunks, a bit like ore does now. This would mean you would need to breed them to have sustainable access. It would also eventually counter the ability to just move out in search of more animals, as once you had moved cleared the chuncks around your house, you would have to travel further and further for food.

Did persistent animals change? From what I remember, animals were changed in MC 1.8 so that they no longer respawn when killed. You had a set number on world creation and had to breed them or keep moving further out to find more. I don't recall seeing animals respawn in TFC but I really have not been paying a lot of attention to it, I just assumed it was still the old system.

Did persistent animals change? From what I remember, animals were changed in MC 1.8 so that they no longer respawn when killed. You had a set number on world creation and had to breed them or keep moving further out to find more. I don't recall seeing animals respawn in TFC but I really have not been paying a lot of attention to it, I just assumed it was still the old system.

I don't really know... It was all so long ago :S :P That is a good question. I'd presume it wasn't changed back though.

One thing about animals: If they're going to take a realistic amount of time to grow up, shouldn't they also be born in realistic-sized litters?

They already do exactly this, it's been this way for months actually. You never noticed animals not respawning?

They already do exactly this, it's been this way for months actually. You never noticed animals not respawning?

in fairness, animals DO respawn currently, just very, VERY infrequently and in small amounts. i mean, maybe finding 1 new family of cows in a minecraft month.

So I've got ore chunks off the surface (bismuthite) which I can smelt into unshaped ingots ...

Now how exactly do I get the stone blocks for an anvil as I don't have a pick because I can't shape the unshaped ingots for which I need a stone anvil ...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0