Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Volken

"Crash" upon Start-up

7 posts in this topic

Here's the situation, I just messed around with Forge for about half an hour trying to get it to work. Finally got it to where it wouldn't black screen my Minecraft. Then I installed ReiMinimap v3.1 and it worked fine. Next I put TFC Resources and TFCraft-client in the minecraft.jar.

Guess what black screen! So whats the problem here, I've read some topics that have a bunch of coding jargon in them which went over my head so try and keep this simple if you would.

EDIT: After installing PlayerAPI I started Minecraft where it was stuck on the Mojang screen for a few seconds then crashed giving me this report...

3 mods loaded

Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.164

FML v2.2.106.176

Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.106.176 for Minecraft 1.2.5

mod_MinecraftForge : Post-initialized (minecraft.jar)

mod_TFC_Core : Post-initialized (minecraft.jar)

mod_UpdateManager : Initialized (minecraft.jar)

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 68944329 --------

Generated 7/25/12 5:09 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce GTX 460M/PCIe/SSE2 version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException

at vazkii.um.UpdateManager.compareVersions(UpdateManager.java:122)

at vazkii.um.UpdateManager.loadMod(UpdateManager.java:93)

at vazkii.um.UpdateManager.loadMods(UpdateManager.java:72)

at mod_UpdateManager.modsLoaded(mod_UpdateManager.java:38)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.postInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:362)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.postModInit(Loader.java:290)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:629)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:223)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:429)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:738)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 2abbe812 ----------

This is the order I normal would install the mods, most of the time I get errors even if I did everything right but put them in wrong.

1. delete "META-INF" *Just checking, I forget it sometimes too.*

2. install forge client-3.3.8.152 *check your number to make sure it is that one.*

3. install Player API client 1.5

4. install TFCraft-client-core-B2-Build47b

5. install TFC_Resources *You should get this again if you have not yet for 47, some things have changed.*

6. install ReiMinimap_v3.2_04.

7. run minecraft.

Any help? if you want any others you should add them after TFC_Resources and OptiFine should always be the last thing if you want to use that.

Wrong version of forge.

Now I feel silly for writing that step by step walkthrough, ah well now I can just copy paste it to the 30+ threads to come. ;)

Lol. we posted at the exact same time. Looks like you may have started on yours a few minutes before me tho. =)

WOOT, M_So it worked somehow! You get many internets for this ya :) You should update and post that load order as a solution to this problem then ask for it to be stickied

WOOT, M_So it worked somehow! You get many internets for this ya :) You should update and post that load order as a solution to this problem then ask for it to be stickied

Thanks, happy it helped. Like hidinginthelight said your exact problem was that you needed to update forge. I just listed everything to fix all the problems you might have had that had not shown themselves yet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0