Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kelik

Wiki Discussion and Proposed Changes Thread

89 posts in this topic

Hi, I noticed that the OP in the other Wiki Updated thread seems to have fallen off the radar, so this thread will serve as a location to propose changes to the wiki as well as track projects in progress by myself and other contributors that I am aware of.

without further ado, here are the projects that I am working on and changes that should be made, categorized by my perceived priority.

High priority:

Medium Priority

• Major Overhaul of how info on metals is presented (creating a general page for each metal detailing the aquisition and uses of each metal) (my personal project)
  • Write a page about cave-ins
Low Priority
  • Fix broken images
  • Add missing items pages for vanilla items that still exist and tfc items that are missing pages.
  • Replace outdated images
Completed
  • General Page for Tin, Bismuth created
  • Updated various pages to reflect new plank item and its use in recipes (flamestrider)
  • Added page about the sluice (flamestrider)
  • Added page about the panning bowl (was already there but had only the crafting info)
  • Updated Fire Pit page with new charcoal pit system (Partial credit to flamestrider)
  • Reworked Anvil Template (flamestrider)
  • Reworked Armor Page (flamestrider and Kreicus)
  • Removed references to propicks from stone pages (GCountach)
  • Added warning about losing metal when heated to liquid to Forge page (flamestrider)
  • Added an Agriculture page (flamestrider)
  • Added images to the fruit tree page (Kreicus)
  • Added pages about the farming crops (Kreicus)
  • Redid the tools pages (flamestrider)
  • Added Buckets page (flamestrider)
  • Added Storage Solutions page (flamestrider)
How To Contribute

Simply post your suggestions here or pm me and reasonable suggestions will be added to the list here. If you have editing rights on the wiki feel free to add any projects that you are working on or volunteer to assist other projects. please provide your wiki name for credit reasons, also I will be tracking your activity on the wiki, if no activity on a volunteered project is observed for a full 7 days, your name will be removed from working on that project so that others may volunteer.

This OP will be edited regularly with updates. Please pin this.

Edited by kelik

The recipes that use the new planks are all updated, check

Somebody could translate the articles to other languages, so those who don't know english could still check some things in the wiki

Somebody could translate the articles to other languages, so those who don't know english could still check some things in the wiki

we would need someone that actually knows those other languages to assist in that though, i'll propose a wiki project for that, but won't add it to the list, since i cannot work on it myself.

The recipes that use the new planks are all updated, check

ill update the OP once i can verify that, after work. thanks for the tip!

Well, i do know spanish :P if i had the time, i would help you in that language at least.

Still, my computer remains broken and my dad is trying to fix it so... : i don't think i will be able to do it for now.

edited front page, esteban, are you the Flamestrider guy on the wiki?

edited front page, esteban, are you the Flamestrider guy on the wiki?

I am ;) Saw your greeting there. I am mostly on the IRC and the Wiki, so hadn't seen this thread.

I updated the scribing gui and the plans to have the newer plan image...

I am ;) Saw your greeting there. I am mostly on the IRC and the Wiki, so hadn't seen this thread.

I updated the scribing gui and the plans to have the newer plan image...

ah i see, i hadn't found you on the "if you want to edit the wiki" thread so i wasn't sure. thanks for your help so far!

I think I got priviledges via the IRC, was quite a long time back so can't be 100% sure :)

No thanks needed, regarding the wiki, it's my way of supporting this fantastic mod.

Edit: I found out how I got it :) It was before there was a thread to ask it in, so I asked SpAnser If I could help out... this was back in early May. I'm happy to see that it's easier to gain access/ get people to know you are interested what with the thread dedicated to it. /Edit

Please don't take this the wrong way editors, but if one of you could put up on the front page in large text so everyone can see it, something that says like: "The wiki is not 100% reliable as the game is in beta and frequently being changed - some information may be out of date." if it hasn't already been put up. I have noticed that there is frequently someone posting in the forums asking about something because the wiki hasn't been updated or something hasn't been added to it yet and they are assuming that the wiki is correct when they post their question thinking they have hit a bug or want to just complain about something not working.

Please don't take this the wrong way editors, but if one of you could put up on the front page in large text so everyone can see it, something that says like: "The wiki is not 100% reliable as the game is in beta and frequently being changed - some information may be out of date." if it hasn't already been put up. I have noticed that there is frequently someone posting in the forums asking about something because the wiki hasn't been updated or something hasn't been added to it yet and they are assuming that the wiki is correct when they post their question thinking they have hit a bug or want to just complain about something not working.

Added a short statement to the wiki main page.

I'm writing a thing for the currently blank altitude page on the wiki. As far I know, the only effect altitude has on the player is that fires burn hotter at higher elevations (which is weird, as there should be less oxygen and the cold temperatures and higher humidity at high altitudes should make fuel less combustible). Is there anything else?

I'm writing a thing for the currently blank altitude page on the wiki. As far I know, the only effect altitude has on the player is that fires burn hotter at higher elevations (which is weird, as there should be less oxygen and the cold temperatures and higher humidity at high altitudes should make fuel less combustible). Is there anything else?

the only effect altitude currently has on heat in general is that bloomeries lose heat if they are below a certain height. forges and fire pits lost the effect from height in 45 or 46.

Besides what has been stated before: Could somebody please consider to put some images of the fruittrees into their wiki page (with/without leaves, bloom, fruit).

Because many people seem to wonder what those leaveless, tall bushes are and I had to research a lot myself untill I figured that out.

So I think that this could help somewhat because the fruit trees aren't mentioned as often as the other game elements till now.

the only effect altitude currently has on heat in general is that bloomeries lose heat if they are below a certain height. forges and fire pits lost the effect from height in 45 or 46.

See, that's interesting, because I made a bunch of firepits in creative mode at different elevations and tested that. All firepits were fed by the same wood (oak) and all firepits had a completely clear area above them. Then I waited to see what temperature they would stabilize at. There wasn't much of a temperature difference, but it was noticeable. You can test this for yourself and see if your results match mine. I was a little confused by my results!

See, that's interesting, because I made a bunch of firepits in creative mode at different elevations and tested that. All firepits were fed by the same wood (oak) and all firepits had a completely clear area above them. Then I waited to see what temperature they would stabilize at. There wasn't much of a temperature difference, but it was noticeable. You can test this for yourself and see if your results match mine. I was a little confused by my results!

were the ambient temperatures different? cuz i think altitude affects temperature, which affects burning heat. bioxx was "supposed" to have removed altitude from the fire heat equation.

Besides what has been stated before: Could somebody please consider to put some images of the fruittrees into their wiki page (with/without leaves, bloom, fruit).

Because many people seem to wonder what those leaveless, tall bushes are and I had to research a lot myself untill I figured that out.

So I think that this could help somewhat because the fruit trees aren't mentioned as often as the other game elements till now.

added to the OP as a medium priority. it'll be tough for me to do alone, as i dont have any mods that will advance the calendar, but maybe my server will help me.

edit: my server-mates brought to my attention that Not-Enough-Items has a time adjustment feature that is compatible with TFC's calendar, will investigate within the next few days.

Edited by kelik

I'm still around, its just finals for me :(

Also, I can't get Forge to load. It just stops on "Updating Minecraft". So I probably won't be much use until I can actually play the game.

I'm still around, its just finals for me :(

Also, I can't get Forge to load. It just stops on "Updating Minecraft". So I probably won't be much use until I can actually play the game.

Hey, i only started playing again TFC last week, and i entered this forum and started helping with stuff before that. You only need to keep up reading the changelog, and you will be fine :3

Hey, i only started playing again TFC last week, and i entered this forum and started helping with stuff before that. You only need to keep up reading the changelog, and you will be fine :3

But I can't experiment. Reading the changelog helps, but its a poor substitute for a hands-on experience. Oh well. Once finals are over, I can probably get things up and running again :D

Kelik,

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself on here since I've been updating the wiki some, and you've been updating my updates! :)

I dont really browse the forums much, I'm mainly on the IRC like flamestrider, who pointed me to this thread..

If you've seen my updates they're mostly cosmetic, as I think many pages could be visibly presented better.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to accomplish some of the priorities that I'm able.

You can find me on IRC, or PM me on here if ya need.

Thanks!,

-Kreicus

Oo! I'm on the small ores and nuggets. Each ore is a fourth am I right? (please don't think I'm incapable beacuse of that XD) I should have the info up within the hour, I may add pictures later.

By the way, I updated the getting started guide, small changes just to replace flint tools and the ability to mine right away. Check it out please! You can edit but tell me about it.

Kelik,

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself on here since I've been updating the wiki some, and you've been updating my updates! :)

I dont really browse the forums much, I'm mainly on the IRC like flamestrider, who pointed me to this thread..

If you've seen my updates they're mostly cosmetic, as I think many pages could be visibly presented better.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to accomplish some of the priorities that I'm able.

You can find me on IRC, or PM me on here if ya need.

Thanks!,

-Kreicus

hi kreicus! your additions are great and i hope to see more from you!

Oo! I'm on the small ores and nuggets. Each ore is a fourth am I right? (please don't think I'm incapable beacuse of that XD) I should have the info up within the hour, I may add pictures later.

By the way, I updated the getting started guide, small changes just to replace flint tools and the ability to mine right away. Check it out please! You can edit but tell me about it.

the new getting started guide is pretty good, i'm just going to add a link to the stone age guide at the bottom as it seems to be the logical next step. also, yes. each small ore or nugget is 1/4 the value of a regular ore.

the new getting started guide is pretty good, i'm just going to add a link to the stone age guide at the bottom as it seems to be the logical next step. also, yes. each small ore or nugget is 1/4 the value of a regular ore.

Thank you! Editing. I haven't gotten out of the stone age, I thought there were a few more put into an ingot when I started smelting.