Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Teranz

If you could design a video game, what would it be?

24 posts in this topic

Like the title saiz if you could design ANY game, what would it be? Would be a fast action, first person shooter,,maybe a MMORPG? Or even a horror game? It could be even a sandbox game like minecraft or GTA... You can make anything in this post so let the imagination go WILD!!

Ok, i will start off:

I want my game to be a first person shooter with slight RP going on in the background, with a post apocalyptic theme. This game wont be like CoD or BattleField. When the person first joins my game he/she will be asked to pick one out of three races. The races will depend on what your weapons/vechicals/characters/bases and so on will look like, it will also depend on were your bases will be.

Post your video game ideas!

I would have designed Terrafirmacraft, honestly. Up until I encountered Minecraft and, eventually, this mod, I really wanted a good survival game: more of a simulation, really.

I happen to like believable fantasy settings, so if I could take, say, Tamriel, and mash it together with something like Terrafirmacraft... I don't know if I'd ever leave my house. :D

When I was a teenager and starting playing Planetside, an MMOFPS, I had massive sprawling ideas for MMOFPSs with weapon crafting and player-created small nations (not unlike Eve Online, or a more modern, shootier Wurm Online). Affordable technology is starting to catch up with such ideas nowadays, so maybe I'll see something similar soon. :)

When I was a teenager and starting playing Planetside, an MMOFPS, I had massive sprawling ideas for MMOFPSs with weapon crafting and player-created small nations (not unlike Eve Online, or a more modern, shootier Wurm Online). Affordable technology is starting to catch up with such ideas nowadays, so maybe I'll see something similar soon. :)

Cool and btw i wanna get planetside 2

seocnd life type sandbox....would be pimp

seocnd life type sandbox....would be pimp

hmmmm i never got to play secound life, it was never my thing

Well, I think I can come up with the lamest game here...

For a long time, me and my friend REALLY got into Farming Simulator 2011. I mean, i could tell you the average price of any crop in the game, what min hp tractor was needed for a given attachment, etc. That said, there was a lot of short comings in it. First off, you never had to buy land. You started out with like hundreds of acres. When you hired people, they just appeared in your seat and you just kind of did an out of body experience when you tabbed out to the next vehicle. In short, it all worked, but it seemed too simple.

Then Agriculture Simulator showed up. I tried it. Some things I really liked (better graphics, having to buy land, having to do repairs, you hired AI and assigned jobs and watched them work in real time, etc.), but even it had severe short comings (example: MP was totally broken and laggy). In the end, it wasn't as fun as FS2011.

If I were able to design any game, I would design the my own Farm Simulator game. One that borrows heavily some ideas from Farm Simulator series but with a much tighter focus on realism and the native ability to handle tracked tractors. Be very mod friendly from tractors to implements to maps to even extra crops. It would have AI similar to Transport Tycoon that you could work against or alongside or turn off altogether(toggle option). Example being if one AI just harvested their corn, you have to make sure you sell all yours before market closes else the price will drop when you go the next day. Alongside would allow you to be hired on to work on their fields until you can afford to buy your own fields, etc.

I had a lot of thought of how I wanted to make the game, I even tried to figure out how to use unity 3d engine, but ultimately felt it was beyond my abilities, time, and talent to try and tackle.

TL:DR - Farming Simulator game.

Honestly? A Minecraft-style game that takes Steve all the way along the path of technological development, from Stone Age to the modern age. Obviously multiplayer-centered, but playable alone, for those people who don't like multiplayer/don't have good enough Internet connections. Realistic geography, weaponry, and technological development paths.

Something like terrafirmacraft, honestly. It is what comes the closest to the ultimate game in my mind.

Me and a friend had an idea for a game. For anyone who has seen "The Man From Earth", it was the springboard for the idea.

Without spoiling the movie (I'll try not to but we'll see how hard it will be to not do that), it'd be basically a life simulator (like spore but a lot, lot more) from the role of "one person, one perspective". I'm unsure if I want to include, like, microbiobial stage or whatever, like in spore. Probably not, perhaps a separate game.

Anyway.

It would have a very advanced AI, involve actually inventing language, watching it evolve, inventing tools, watching them evolve at the hands of other people. Creating social bonds, societies, nations, empires.

Virtually impossible to make, as it would require like... In the advanced stages, actual required typing of what you wish to do. Like those oldschool text-based games, but much, much smarter.

For a long time I've wanted to make a randomly-generated infinite world (The world being comparable to minecraft) where you play as a roguelike-ish style hero. You know, finding camps and doing randomly generated quests, plundering dungeons, advancing your character, that stuff. I really like the idea of developing your "Class" as you play, though (Similar to skyrim, but more natural). Where you can find teachers to teach you certain magics, and you can find tomes and such otherwise, or you can train your physical strengths, and you have to balance out all your powers and stuff. The problem with this is I think it'd be a bit aimless, so I think it'd have to have an over-arching goal that doesn't exactly have to do with plundering and loot, even if the goal itself isn't possible.

In spore, the galaxy was randomly generated, but in the center of the galaxy there was always the Grox, and they always fucked shit up. The over arching goal of the game is to eventually deal with the Grox problem (Which is near impossible). I was thinking something similar, where every now and then you come across villagers, camps, kingdoms, etc and they will be at war with other villages and kingdoms, and you can either try to help conquer a kingdom in the name of another kingdom, or try to ally two different kingdoms. There could be this demon army somewhere that would occasionally attack a kingdom in massive force and maybe even kill the player itself, and the over arching goal would be to deal with them.

Actually the thing id like most would be: A TFC like game, but, and here starts the unrealistic part: The ability to tinker my own stuff together, like building machines how i want them from the ground. Only applying the laws of physics/chemistry/maths but actually calculation what it does and how it works from what i tinker together and build up, without limitations to already coded blocks. Yeah... like impossible to make, alone for all the ground laying mechanics you'd have to implement and stuff, but that would be cool.

I think the best example of a game i would like to design would be a cross between Eternal Darkness and Fable, Imagine yourself waking up in a cold sweat with images of ancient horrors that torment your mind. You are dedicated to finding out how to end the oppressive dreams you have every night, Along the way you make decisions Whether it be Good or Evil. And every decision amounts to something, You go on an adventure with friends (Unless you choose to kick some unlucky bastard out of a window or something) to stop all this madness from happening, but in the end you lose anyway and your world descends into chaos and destruction. I don't like games where the good guy always wins, I like it when the dictator or evil deity wins completely or drives the guy who saved the world bat shit insane and in a asylum..

I would make a game called "civilization's and sand" it would be a game like minecraft only its a rts too where you control your people following you too collect resources build villages/towns/citys/castles/etc and fight evil creatures and their villages/towns/citys/castles/etc like slimes and their slime puddles or giant golums made of everstone (a stone as hard as diamond and has magical propertys) make friends topple kingdoms build underground dwarf towns or super high towers into space and the best part is making disasters in your magic tower so you can throw meteors at the local lawer etc.

but you could always kill your self and see the cool end screen saying you lose and now watch your empire tumble (video of thinry the evil worm eating and destroying your civilization)

I'm sorry for the revival, but i do have an idea for a videogame... we (me and a friend) got this idea a long while back, around 3 years ago. We had been playing around with it, and planning on making a videogame out of it... but he went to a better place around a year ago. Ever since then, i don't think i'm ever gonna be able to release the game all by myself -at least, not in an acceptable work quality-. So i just had to show this to someone else... So that way, it may become what it was planned to be one day.

Imagine yourself, waking up in a completely ruined city sorrounded by some kind of glass dome. You can't see anyone around, and yet, you know there is someone near by... Repentinely, you hear a shot, and your mind slowly goes blank. When you recover your conciousness, you discover you are just by the body of the shooter, just a normal guy like you, which has been brutally murdered in a way you simply couldn't imagine possible until now. You are near to threw up, confused, terrified. And then you take a look at your bloody hands, and realice... you just murdered him. You hear a scream, probably miles away, but the enclosed area somehow provokes echos that let you hear that scream as if the girl who shouted it was besides you. By taking a look at the horizon, you can see how just another guy, who apparently appeared out of nowhere, is far away from you, killing the little way in a comparably horrible way. You run away whilke your mind is close to go blank again, but you feel that guy already spoted you. Hidden in the closet, you just can wait there, as you hear his steps in the room. Out of nowhere, you hear a shot again, and a body falls. After a while, you open the closet, and discover this human-like creature, liying in the ground, with a bullet in it's brain. You now only know, this is gonna be a gory nightmare.

Now, with this little introduction, let's go with the actual sinopsis: Basically, you are, as mentioned, trapped inside a giant glass dome, in an post-apocaliptic town. You can't remember that much about yourself, only know your name and the fact that you were at Arizona's prison about some minutes before, when you just fell asleep and woke up here. This town is full of "normal" people, just like you: jailed guys who just woke up here. There is weapons hidden all over the city, and you are left basically to kill each other in the goriest way you can. For this, all the prisoners have apparently been infected with something. Whatever it is, whenever an infected senses danger, it provokes it to become a strong, fast, blood-thristy creature which can leap tall enough to reach the top of the dome, strong enough to break through anything -except this dome, apparently made of something unbreakable-, and it won't come back to normal until it kills any nearby threat, or it will simply die. You now have to survive this, figure out how did you get here, escape and then take revenge from those who started this madness.

In detail for the history, this is what we thought: Some scientist where experimentating, trying to figure out how to create a biological energy source, one that could be exploited for near-infinite energy, so that way the world's energy problem it is facing on the moment would be solved. After several years of research and failure, they came up with two results at once: a close solution for the problem -the so called "battery bacteria"-, and a extremely dangerous side product -known simply as "Mars"-. But this battery bacteria can only produce little quantities of energy, so literally thousands and thousands of them are needed even for powering a single house; and it can't reproduce by itself if it's not in presence of an extremely expensive sustance, which the scientists, by now, can't even dream to afford. They call some investors to look for some support, but no one trsuts it will ever work, so nobody wants to waste their money.

So, a company ends up buying their experiment along with all their research, and they dissapear the next day. The company, testing both of the bacterias on rats, soon realise the effects Mars has: it is what provokes the before mentioned prisoners to become those creatures. After some discussion, the executve team come up with a plan: They will construct a giant town sorrounded by an unbreakable dome, make it look like it is completely destroyed, place hidden cameras in every single spot, and finally, they will take 10 thousand prisoners, inject them with this bacteria, and let them there to fight to death. They would record all the battles, and produce a tv program out of it. With the money they would make, they would finally solve the world's energy problem, and become the richest and powerfullest mans of the world. You, then, are just one of the chosen 10 thousand prisoners who where unlucky enough to be selected for this butchery.

One of the main ideas we thought should be present in the history, was that nobody in it is completely good or completely bad, just like in real life; not even your character. Another detail, and i specificially ask that if someone makes this game, he respects this wish, is that this town literally can't be found in a map. What i mean is, no one knows or will tell you where exactly it is. There isn't any sign in the town indicating a language used in it, either. The prisoners are not even from the same countries; some talk english, others japanese, others italian... So it is impossible to the player to figure out where the town would be. Not even when he escapes; let's say, the character takes a train to the company installed by them, and doesn't even knows where the company is either.

I would probably make a giant MMO, where complex civilizations are built. Pretty much a world simulation. The game starts out, MASSIVE, earth-sized globe, with like 200 people to an area, each area equally spaced apart. The game would begin at the birth of agriculture, applying realistic geography, physics, BEAUTIFUL graphics, and eventually cool AI. As the game developer, I would provide the most realistic tools for creating a civilization/world. Pretty much anything can happen, and the world would be so detailed, that players can design their own mechanisms and buildings, and they would all be acted upon by natural laws. Servers could have between 1000-5000 players, or just 100, or just a group of friends roughing it out in caveman times. Eventually, after like 4 months IRL, a world full of players would be very progressed, and make starships. In the sequel, players can interact with aliens and colonize other planets. Also, the graphics would be very customizable. For someone who likes a simpler look, the graphics would be nothing special, or the graphics could be photorealistic. All up to the player.

I am guessing the machines capable of this for people at home to do wouldn't be around for another 30 years, probably more, so yeah, not gonna happen anytime soon...

I'd make something like Spore. I've long thought about this, but I was never able to realize a coherent experience, nor could I visualize the exact scale that things would occur. It'd probably function in "phases," something like Spore, but not quite.

You'd begin by cobbling together a solar system from the dusts and gases that float about, shaping planets, moons and the central star(s) to your liking. However, you'd also have to be mindful of various orbits and gravitation; celestial bodies that are too close to each other, or too big, will collide with others in the solar system, more than likely obliterating themselves and creating a nice little asteroid field... Which may or may not get sucked into orbit around other planets. These reactions are not inherently good or bad; whether you want a field of asteroids floating around your solar system is up to you. Once you're satisfied with your solar system, you may take a look at each planet/moon, observing the conditions present on each, and select one...

... Which you will then seed with life. You'll end up being "in charge" of one species, which you will evolve to sapience. Your creature will begin very simple, more than likely as a single cell, but you'll have to build it into a "plan" that you make. Before you start evolving your creature, you'll have to map out exactly what you want it to become. You can make it as strong and smart as you want, give it however many legs and arms as you want, as many eyes, as many mouths... BUT.

In order to pass on to the next phase, your creature will have to be just as you'd planned out. While you're directing your creature down this path, you're not doing so directly. If your creature needs to be larger, you'll have to manipulate its behavior and/or environment to do so. If your creature needed a different diet, begin destroying its present food source while making another, more "desirable" food source abundant. If you need your creature more heat-resistant, pull a few asteroids toward your planet to screw up its atmosphere. Just be mindful that you want to be doing this as gradually as possible; if your change is too drastic, you'll kill off most of your species, making it more difficult for it to increase its numbers and more vulnerable to other changes that you may or may not impose. If all of your creatures die, it's game over; either start a new solar system, or choose another species on your planet to impose your plan on.

From that point on, I have no idea how to make things different. And I'm not even sure how I really want the game to flow. Real-Time seems most natural, but is probably overwhelming; Turn-Based is more manageable, but definitely not natural... It's a dream I've had, but it's never had a definite shape.

ANY GAME?

I would go for an open world fantasy medieval-style game. A lot like minecraft, you could say, but without the focus on blocks, squares and pixels.

You would be able to do basically anything in it, and all worlds would be randomly generated. You would start out with nothing and have to work your way up like minecraft and TFC, but you would be able to advance much farther than either (tech wise). Items would be completely based around what you decide to make and their properties would be dependent on what they are, ie there is no "sword" per se, but you can smith but a double edge on a metal bar and attach a handle onto it... If I'm not making myself clear, the idea is that in real life, swords aren't swords because the idea for a sword exists, it's because a sharp metal stick is good at cutting people. If you chose to make a weapon with a spiral shaped blade instead of a straight one, it would look wierd, but all the power to you (probably not work very well, but oh well).

You guys get the idea right? yeah.

MP would be available, and a long lasting server might be able to find itself with full towns of the quality you might look for in a full MMORPG or some shit. You would be able to build ships (or anything else you want to basically, as the possibilities are basically endless) or something.

IE, do whatever you want, build whatever you want, fight who or whatever you want and have fun. Only limit is your imagination.

I want to make a combination of Final Fantasy and XCOM. Aliens invade and you have to fight them off with airships, swords, and magic while they have the usual high tech weaponry and psionic abilities.

TL:DR - Farming Simulator game.

Check out Farming Simulator 2013

As for my game:

Steampunk Elder Scrolls. Not that pathetic Dishonored crap. So linear... So lame...

As for my game:

Steampunk Elder Scrolls. Not that pathetic Dishonored crap. So linear... So lame...

Dishonored was made too quickly.

As for my game:

Like any Elder Scrolls wasn't pretty much linear, you got the main story and side quests thats pretty much it, the side quests wasn't so linear but you have what? 2 options? Still it is a great game.

Actually, if I could have one game made it would appear to be Dunk's idea. lol

Basically an entire world with it's own rules, a stage to play out any events from human history or any drama that could be imagined.

Like any Elder Scrolls wasn't pretty much linear, you got the main story and side quests thats pretty much it, the side quests wasn't so linear but you have what? 2 options? Still it is a great game.

Elder Scrolls is completely free roaming. Morrowind most of of all. Morrowind gave you ridiculous amounts of options in character creation and development. I put at least 500 hours into Morrowind back in the day, and I did maybe... 10 quests?