Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dabman10

[Offline] TFC Team Capture The Flag[10vs10 max]

5 posts in this topic

TFC Team Capture The Flag[10vs10 max]

Mods Required: Forge, TFC, API (everything you need for regular TFC)

Mods Optional: REI's minimap, SmartMoving

Optional Software: Skype (highly recommended, even if you don't use a microphone)

Server IP: 67.183.86.181:25565

My Skype Name: dabman10

If you want to be part of a large CTF game, please be on around 8-10am PST tomorrow (Wednesday, August 8) so we can start the match (3-5pm GMT).

What is TFC Team Capture the Flag?

TFC Team Capture the flag (a.k.a Age of Survival) is an organized capture the flag game played using Terrafirmacraft. 8-20 players are divided into 2 teams. Teams spawn in identically mirrored maps, and must gather resources and reinforce their base. Separating the two team's map is a large dungeon filled with ore, items, and monsters. The objective for each team is to arm themselves, dig through the center dungeons, and open up entrances to the opposing team's map. Once opened, the first team to capture the opposition's flag and place it in their base are victorious.

How do I know if a game is starting?

The best way to know if we are playing a game would be to join skype and add me as a contact. I will add you to the server channel so you'll be able to hear if a game is being planned, if people want to play, or when a new game will happen.

If you absolutely do not want to use skype, keep an eye out on TFC IRC (#TFCraft), the shout bar on the forums, or this post for an idea about when the next match will be happening. As a last resort, you can join my server and see if anything is going on.

Games usually start around 4-5PM GMT, which is 8-9AM PST (my timezone).

I want to play, or I'm about to play, but don't know what to do! Help! <-- A Detailed guide about gameplay

When you join the server, it's important to be patient. Sometimes it takes 15 minutes to get teams set up and the map reset. We have no access to bukkit plugins which means a lot of things must be done manually, which take time.

First things first, choose which team you want to be on (Red or Blue). Jump on one of the wool blocks and wait. The less chaos during this time, the better. Soon, team op's will start teleporting their teammates to their spawn rooms. I apologize for all the hideous bedrock, it's the only way we can make sure cheating is not taking place.

Posted Image

Once you have been teleported to your team's spawn room, sleep in the bed to reset your spawn. If you don't do this, you will not be able to play if you die! Stay in this room until a team op has given a countdown for the game to start.

Posted Image

When the countdown begins, you will run through the small corridor, jump down into the water, jump off the ledge and into your team's side of the map.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congratulations, you are now on your team's map! Looking around, you'll notice several things. Along the bedrock wall will be 2 dungeon entrances, which look like this:

Posted Image

The stone block dungeon has 2 critical features to know about: a chest that is very easily accessible which gives you unshaped copper and bismuth ingots, and a staircase down to a sewer that has a chest that gives you stone picks, swords, and propicks. Up the stairs you will find ore mining areas (all of them are labeled, they are cassiterite, copper, and hematite). Further along upstairs is a collapsed shaft that when mined will eventually lead you to the enemy's base.

The green schist dungeon is much trickier to navigate. You will need a pick to access the first chest, which will be directly above you in the first room you mine into. In this chest you will find additional unshaped bismuth and copper ingots. Inside this dungeon includes ores such as copper, cassiterite, limonite, gold, and silver. You also mine through this dungeon to access the enemy base.

Looking in toward your team's map you will find a pathway and a mine:

Posted Image

It should be easy to see the mine will provide your team borax and coal. The pathway winds up a large mountain that is your base. Around these lowlands you will find water with squid, sugarcane, wheat, chickens, and cows. It will be critical to utilize these resources for your team early on.

Continuing up the stairs will bring you to your base:

Posted Image

Here you can see a bridge and a steep, winding staircase goes up to a walled mountaintop. Reshaping the mountain will dramatically help bolster the defense of your simple base and make it more difficult for your enemy to assault your flag.

Posted Image

Now we look directly into your base. You can see the blue flag (wool) on the top of a small fort, as well as several other items.

Posted Image

This image shows all of the starting materials your team gets to begin the game. It is a rather large set of items, so let me explain the important of each one:

1. The oven and adjacent chest.This will help your teams immediately access a charcoal supply. In the chest you will find some vanillaMC coal and wood. Use the coal and wood in the oven to create charcoal, which you can use for tfc blacksmithing.

2. The chest and anvil.The copper anvil will allow your team to quickly start forging useful items. In the chest is also a couple ingots ready to be forged, so it will be important to get a fire started immediately to help your team get equipped.

3. The chest and your flag Inside the chest next to your flag is 32 additional stone bricks and 2 tnt. The tnt can be used to help make traps or clear stone. The bricks will be important to create an initial defense against the enemy. Note that these are vanilla bricks, and you will not be able to use them to make a bloomery.

This covers the initial basics of the game. I hope this makes you feel more prepared to play! Even if you are not very good at blacksmithing, you could make a valuable member of your team as a gatherer, scout, or fighter.

What does the game look like? (Screenshots)

After a particularly fun match, I usually take a screenshot of all the remaining players.

http://i.imgur.com/4zDoN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xUIJE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K1Lyp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VLKe6.jpg

This looks fun, can I host a server or can you give me the map?

Absolutely! Message me on here and I would be happy to email you the map or send it to you on skype.

Due to several requests, the download is available here: http://www.mediafire...9j1mldlal293as6

If you've read through all of that, then that's it! Please join us so we can have a larger more epic battle! If you have already played the game, please talk about what it was like, help answer questions, or give suggestions on how to make the game better.

We had an awesome game today, even though it was a 3vs3. Early on, my team's anvil got blown up by a creeper, so we decided to rush the enemy team. We blocked the entrance to their dungeon, and hid a few items that we got from killing one of their players. Unfortunately, we started getting attacked, one of our players (the one who hosted our skype channel) lost connection, so our communications broke down and we were all killed. Without the ability to forge, we gathered as much leather and javelins as we could, stormed their base, got some metal equipment from a couple kills, and were starting to assault their base. Unbeknownst to us, one of their players (Danzarlo) was in our base stealing our flag, ran around us, and captured our flag! Here's the winning screenshot:

Posted Image

For those of you wanting to check out the map, the download link is here: http://www.mediafire...9j1mldlal293as6

Update: Tomorrow our goal is to have a true 5vs5 CTF game. We had 18 different people on today, but due to organizational issues, none of us were on at the same time to have a large game! At any rate, we had an awesome time playing survival, getting attacked by pvpers, and then building a settlement on a floating island that slowly crumbled apart as we constructed our buildings.

If you want to be part of a large CTF game, please be on around 8-10am PST tomorrow so we can start the match (3-5pm GMT).