Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

Before playing here, please install this mod! It fixes a bug in TFC that causes crashes when a server doesn't let you log in. This is important at D.H.B. because we have a temporary deathban. Just install it like a normal mod, over TFC. If you use magic launcher it will claim "No mods found" or something, but just ignore it. It patches a single TFC source file to fix the bug. http://www.mediafire.com/?zpyaxk95p0eacz8 <-- Updated for 48b!! (tested working in 48f)

You don't need that mod to play at D.H.B., but if you get deathbanned it's real annoying without it.

Server Url: dighissboom.minecraft.ms

Type: Man v. Wild

Whitelist: Nope!

Slots: 20

Smart Move? Hell yeah.

Dig, Hiss, Boom is a hard-mode server that's intended to have a fun, creative atmosphere, while still making the game tough, hopefully requiring some amount of skill to survive. It's maintained by me, and has a number of custom-built mods to make the server work for us, how the players want it to.

So what makes D.H.B. great?

Buttery Smooth Performance

The server is hosted on the inimitable MinecraftServerHost, a host with an excellent reputation for both service and performance. We have a 3-core server with 1.6Gb running, and I've even artificially lowered the player cap until we can guarantee great performance for every player. Obviously running around in creative mode setting up spawn isn't the most SCIENTIFIC of tests, but I can say that I didn't even realize I was playing on the internet- I didn't have a single block rollback, not a single pause or hitch. That's the sort of lag-free experience I'm looking to provide for every player.

A Hardcore Survival Experience

Our server is set to hard difficulty, I've got 100% cave-ins turned on, and I'm turning on the 5-minute deathban right now. And it's only going to get tougher. This is the ultimate experience for overcoming your environment and having a great time while doing it. You'll need to play smart, but there's also room to let your creative side come out and make a great build. Basically, this is Terra Firma as it was meant to be played.

Does this mean new players aren't welcome? Of course not! Just because the game ought to require skill doesn't mean it has to be awful- we have a spawn area set up so that you can wait for your first morning to venture out into the world (but you can't return to safety once you leave it!) And I'm going to do something with those damn creepers, though I'm not sure exactly what yet. As well, I'm available to answer questions from newbies whenever. I love to see new players trying out Terra Firma, so don't be afraid to ask!

Custom Mods!

We've already got the 5 minute deathban in, and I've made some changes to player spawning to make the "spawn area" a thing. More is coming! We're gonna keep making the game more fun, more usable, and tougher. I love making small tweaks to the game, so if you have an idea (that doesn't change TFC areas of the game too much) just lemme know.

Finished Mods:

- Temporary Deathban

- Spawn area

- A little sign link hack for the spawn area signs

- A thief catching system to log chest access

- Not a mod, but I turned on 100% cave-ins. So good luck with that!

- Not my mod, but we got Smart Move!

- Creepers don't destroy landscapes, just you and your house.

Coming Soon:

- MOAR ANTI GRIEF

- Item despawn tickers will tick even when their chunk is unloaded (with the 5 min deathban, this makes losing your stuff VERY EASY!)

- /telling stuff to players echos into your chat window, and typing a garbage command produces a "not a real command" message.

Coming Later:

- Item protection!

- Factions maybe?

- Who knows?

The Rules

- No being a dick! That means no stealing, respect peoples' personal space (that means don't build crap in their backyard if they don't want you to, don't dig in their mines, if you're asked to leave a settlement, just go, etc). No griefing or trying to find interesting ways to damage other players. Don't give people shit for asking questions, don't spam people or beg for teams or stuff in an obnoxious way.

- Just play the game!

Post Stuff!

Post screenshots of your builds, neat houses, and tech progress in this thread! If you wanna post all excited about your bismuth pickaxe, that's fine, too!

-- Removed previous stuff about a bug in TFC -- - please see the top of the original post for more info.

Good luck!

Thanks, man, I appreciate it.

Here's a shot of our spawn building. You spawn in here, it's got some signs linking you to this thread, and No Nonsense, and you can stay in there until morning.

Posted Image

We had a few folks on this morning but I was in too much of a rush to screenshot their settlement. Here's the lunch crowd:

Callumhutchy & sam1s's home: Posted Image

INDUSTRY: Posted Image

Sixthed, their neighbor, outside his home: Posted Image

Hubertis finds a fat bog of peat: Posted Image

I just remembered that Hubertis was one of the dudes on this morning, so here's his home. I think he shares it with VoxSound and sum1.

Posted Image

More pictures!

mwolfert and GodOfCider have a strange house: Posted Image

Not sure whose this is! Posted Image

Faqir has this settlement thing all figured out: Posted Image

cool server! was enjoying the view till i was knocked off by a spider :/ looking for a partner but im dead so XD

Hey everyone! I've finished the client mod- this mod fixes TFC issue #568- you won't crash when you try and log into a server that rejects you now. So now you can see how long you have left on your deathban! Yay! Just install this like a normal mod. Magic launcher will give you some crap about "contains no mod" or something, but just ignore that, it works great. Make sure this is installed after TFC, though!

http://www.mediafire.com/?36d1lcjlcwe2l3k

And we just brought the server down for an update. You should no longer have issues attempting to log into the server that kick you back to the splash screen. That was my bad, everyone! Sorry!

Remember kids, deathbans are good for you. They're educational!

Posted Image

More and more pictures!

TownEater and RazielTheAngel seem to be ahead in the tech right now, and they have a nice workshop:

Posted Image

Their town's starting to be built:

Posted Image

mwolfert is concentrated on his nice build:

Posted Image

GodOfCider too:

Posted Image

karthanax and gigas232 are starting to shape up their settlement:

Posted Image

Faqir moved to a new spot, but he takes his swagger everywhere he goes:

Posted Image

Enjoying this server so far. I am looking for people to team up with. Thinking of build a town/shelter for newer people. Or maybe a central trading hub of sorts. :)

Opening Soon!

Haven Charcoal Dealer (HCD)

This building allows people to bring charcoal and trade for other items. Trade able items range from ores,logs and even tools (stock dependent) at the HCD HQ Outside Haven.

We use the currency "CP" or "Charcoal Points". Here is a list of current prices. If there is no price, We haven't decided, or have not realized we need a price for it.

Stock

(UPDATING)

Price is per item

Basics:
Stone - .25 CP
Wood - .3 CP
Sticks - .2 CP
Gunpowder - 1 CP
Clay - .25 CP
Leather - .25 CP
Flint - .1 CP
Arrow - .1 CP
Bone - .1 CP
Feather - .2 CP
String - .25 CP
Wool - .5 CP
Torch - .25 CP
Seeds - .05 CP
Sugar Cane - .005 CP

Food:
Bread - 1 CP
Eggs - 1.5 CP
Steak/Porkchop - 3 CP
Fruit: 10 CP

Ores:
Bismuthinite - 10 CP
Cassiterite - 10 CP
Galena -
Garnierite -
Hematite - 20 CP
Limonite -
Magnetite -
Malachite -
Native Copper - 15 CP
Native Gold -
Native Platinum -
Native Silver -
Sphalerite - 10 CP
Tetrahedrite -

Other:

Clay mould - 1 CP
Charcoal - 1 CP
Flux - .5 CP
Redstone - .1 CP

As with the nature of supply and demand some items listed may not be available at all times.

Item Missing? let me know and ill add.

Picture 1

First Build

Posted Image

Picture 2

New look

Posted Image

Picture 3

Added Small Roof. (I played around with the chisel on this, so it steps down)

Posted Image

Picture 4

Underside of the roof

Posted Image

Haven Gem Dealer Prices

We use the currency "CP" or "Charcoal Points". Here is a list of current prices. If there is no price, We haven't decided, or have not realized we need a price for it. This is an ONGOING LIST. We will continue to update it as prices are announced.

Basics:
Stone - .25 CP
Wood - .3 CP
Sticks - .2 CP
Gunpowder - 1 CP
Clay - .25 CP
Leather - .25 CP
Flint - .1 CP
Arrow - .1 CP
Bone - .1 CP
Feather - .2 CP
String - .25 CP
Wool - .5 CP
Torch - .25 CP
Seeds - .05 CP
Sugar Cane - .005 CP

Food:
Bread - 1 CP
Eggs - 1.5 CP
Steak/Porkchop - 3 CP
Fruit: 10 CP

Ores:
Bismuthinite - 10 CP
Cassiterite - 10 CP
Galena -
Garnierite -
Hematite - 20 CP
Limonite -
Magnetite -
Malachite -
Native Copper - 15 CP
Native Gold -
Native Platinum -
Native Silver -
Sphalerite - 10 CP
Tetrahedrite -

Other:
Charcoal - 1 CP
Flux - .5 CP
Redstone - .1 CP

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to let you know that things are going well. Tonight we did a patch that fixed two issues:

- The signs in spawn now actually work despite the spawn protection

- Chests now log dudes who go through them, and ops now see the chest's history by opening it. We're going to be expanding the amount of crap we log, but the upshot is that the war against server thieves has begun in earnest and will not end until all griefers are banned.

Anyway, more pictures!

Yoshari's house is a spooky place to live: Posted Image

Haven has a nice pretty wall now! Posted Image

mwolfert's house appears to be done: Posted Image

GodOfCider now has a farmhouse build! Posted Image

Paragon83 has a cottage by the sea: Posted Image

Oh hey and I forgot to mention this but earlier tonight I asked bioxx in a Q&A about releasing his source, to which he responded... he already has! Whoops! So I'll be reworking my development environment over the next couple days, but I should be able to have more freedom and more certainty about what I'm releasing to you guys. That'll in turn mean better server, better mods. But maybe no new features while I'm doing that.

Finished set of Steel Armor, still not sure who in haven is getting it.

Posted Image

ATTN PLAYERS WE HAVE LOCATED THE MISCONFIGURED PROPERTY CAUSING MOB SPAWNS TO BE RARE.

Please do not exit your abode at night without armor, or unless the outside area is well lit and fenced off. I know I lulled you all into a false sense of security, but we're back to being the hardcore server we intended, so please be careful out there! Bring torches, and wear a helmet.

I restarted the server this morning and turned on a bunch of verbose options for garbage collection. This means I'm gonna have a lot of data to work off for improving the server's performance (already got an idea of something I can do), but it also means the console is real hard to read right now, so I might not be around as much today.

Serenvio roughing it Indiana Jones style: Posted Image

GodofCider's "Maple Orchard" is coming along!

The expanded farmhouse: Posted Image

Tree farm: Posted Image

Wide shot with a mysterious WIP building: Posted Image

Faqir's settlement is pretty kickin rad!

Check out that chimney! Posted Image

Workshop: Posted Image

Storage, and... Posted Image

Indoor sluices! Posted Image

More storage! Posted Image

Wide shot: Posted Image

Yoshori, Paragon, and Oculatus live here: Posted Image

Happy holidays, from Dig, Hiss, Boom! Posted Image

GodofCider's "Maple Orchard" is coming along!

The expanded farmhouse: Posted Image

I spent a night on top of this building while out exploring. Thanks GodofCider!

karthanax and gigas232 are doing well! Here's their camp: Posted Image

They also have the tidiest mine I've ever seen: Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skweedoo rocking his earth hut: Posted Image

Paragon83's new build is... geometric! Posted Image

Supermotox36's house is coming together! Posted Image

This picture was smuggled out of lumpycrafter's highly secret room deep underneath the ocean! Posted Image