Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

GodOfCider's WIP build is finished, and it's... a windmill!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The inside even has a millstone: Posted Image

Ya'll have seen mwolfert's dome, so here's the inside.

Workshop: Posted Image

There's like 3 floors like this in the basement: Posted Image

Cool charcoal pit at the bottom: Posted Image

Let me know if you get that creeper nerf up and running <3 I'd love to play on a server that has one.

Okay, guys, I just pushed through some GC changes. Based on my data today, you shouldn't notice a HUGE improvement in quality (the couple of times there was lag today it didn't seem to be associated with collects, but this should fix problems that would sometimes happen with heap grows), but definitely if things get WORSE that's bad, so lemme know. I have the old settings backed up if this doesn't work out. If this does work out, I'll probably be pushing the player cap up to 24.

A few things:

- When it starts being time to wrap up this map, I'm going to put the best builds up to a vote, and the winner(s) will have the option to design the new map's spawn area in creative mode if they want to.

- About how long do you figure the map ought to go on? I don't want to bring the map to a close prematurely, but I also don't want it to stagnate. I don't think b48 is going to have mapgen changes, so we could probably keep going for the foreseeable future, but at a certain point, most players are going to hit their main objectives for this map. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm also tentatively thinking about doing the Race for the Anvil weekend event I was talking about on labor day weekend, whether or not we start a new map at that time (we'd back up the server, start a new map for the event, and then restore once the event ended).

And for those who weren't there when we were talking about it, "The Race for the Anvil" would be a weekend-long event in which teams of 2 or 3 compete to be the first to complete red or blue steel. We'd probably bring the death ban up to half an hour for that event and maybe tinker with food settings.

Sounds like the consensus on the map is "a long damn time" for reset. So we'll look at it again post-b48, maybe closer to b49 if there are no mapgen changes.

Anyway, pictures!

Serenvio has a whimsical house!

Posted Image

Cactus farm/dry moat: Posted Image

Sitting room: Posted Image

Posted Image

A cool pasture: Posted Image

Okay, everyone, I've upped the player slot count to 24 in light of the recent garbage collection optimizations. The change probably wont' go through until the restart tomorrow night, though. I have some plans for getting us all the way to 30 without a plan upgrade, but it's going to take some research, metrics, and code changes, and it's really low on priorities right now since we're peaking around 12 on a good night.

In other news, the server is now running a clean jar built from the real TFC sources rather than my janky decompile. This new development environment should allow me to get to work faster and more confidently, so look for improvements to our great server soon!

Finally, a coworker of mine who plays on the server has taken it upon himself to start researching what it will take to get a nightly-refresh server map with Minecraft Overviewer. I've had a few people talk to me about the possibility of griefers using this to grief, but

1) I won't put this up without some community feedback and a great deal of improvements to ThiefTaker, our custom anti-griefing mod.

2) SEE BUILDS ON THE INTERNET FROM SPAAAACE!

This server is becoming more and more awesome~! Keep up the good work sdbaynham~!

I think I may pop on and take a look around later. I don't have a server now that LBP moved to tekkit, although I'm still an admin there, so I wont be able to play this server all that much. Anyways does this server have TS? If not you should look into it, its free, I think.

What's TS?

EDIT: TeamSpeak? I don't think any VOIP server is free...

I don't know what a VOIP server is, but yes I do mean TeamSpeak. Voice chat is just always a nice thing on a server, chat is a bit unwieldy :/

My friend has a teamspeak server hosted on his server pc, and it is indeed free, so im sure there is way to get it free.

Jesus, sorry about that outage guys, we're back up. I know I said 60 seconds and it extended into 10 minutes- this has taught me an important lesson about not trying to do updates (even "easy" updates) in the middle of the day, or without testing locally.

More pictures!

Radlo87 has an old-style outpost.

Posted Image

From here, radlo87 surveys his domain: Posted Image

GodofCider has a barn to go with his farm build: Posted Image

Skweedoo has a pretty big farm and a road to Haven: Posted Image

Okay, guys,

In a little over an hour, I'm bringing the creeper nerf live on the server. Here's how it works:

1. No explosions of any type will destroy blocks in the spawn protection zone. This is to deal with a griefer tactic where folks would bait creepers into blowing up the spawn building.

2. Non-stone natural blocks (fully-grown trees, dirt, grass, clay, sand, etc.) is now ignored by creeper explosions.

3. Stone and sandstone natural blocks at or below the creeper's y-level is also ignored by creeper explosions.

It's important to note a couple things:

A) #3 means that creeper caveins in mines are still possible and will still happen if you aren't careful.

B) "ignored" does not mean "forms an impenetrable barrier against". Things behind the ignored blocks will still be destroyed. This means that a creeper exploding outside your dirt hut can still destroy your chests, supports, etc.

Creepers can still do anything that makes them actually dangerous- their damage hasn't been touched, they still do the same amount of damage to constructed blocks, they can still take out walls etc. They still have the same % chance to obliterate blocks entirely instead of harvesting them. And they can still, as mentioned, cause cave-ins. This nerf is to deal with the fact that creepers turn servers into pockmarked hellscapes and sap the natural beauty out of areas with a lot of player traffic. I hope you guys will appreciate the results!

Pardon Sbd, would you be willing to share how you did this? i am most curious as to how this works without bukkit.

The newExplosion() method in WorldServer does explosions in 2 parts. Part 1 damages entities & builds a list of blocks that are about to be destroyed, and part 2 does all the effects and destroys the blocks. WorldServer also sends the explosion data to nearby clients, with the list of destroyed blocks. I threw some code to trim the list of blocks between part 1 and 2. It's not base-clean or pretty, but unfortunately forge has no hooks into the explosion code.

Ah, clever sir, thank you :)

I am unable to join as well Adam. The server appears to be inaccessible at the moment.

I think it might have crashed because i'm able to get to the log in screen then my game crashes.

Server is back up, I'm going to look into what happened.

Looks like it was the same sort of crash that happens when someone successfully plants pumpkins. I've put in a protection for that crash and some logging so I can see whether it's pumpkins or what.