Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Just_Another_Guy_:)

[In Progress][Map] The Survivor Test!!

16 posts in this topic

Well, after many many hours of building, placing, balancing, destroying and re-building, i have finished the first level of this map: The Survivor Test.

I recently noticed a big problem with the community of minecraftia, specially with those who rejected Notch as their god and instead started to pray to a so called "Bioxx": They all can start, at any moment, to talk and talk for hours about how good they are at surviving. In a moment of boringness, i started thinking: They all say they are the best at it. They all can not be the best at it. What can i do to find the real master of survival itself...?

So i decided to start creating the greatest test of the survivability ever made. And that's what you are gonna try to beat today.

This isn't even nearly to finished; it's suposed to end as a puzzle/parkour/survival map, but right now it's only parkour... However, the first level is already pretty damn hard, so i suppose you can play it until i finish the second :P.

Rules:

-Do not break or place any block, unless you're told to do so.

-Do not make any crafting, unless you're told to do so.

-You can take things out of chests, unless you're told not to do so.

-"You're told to do so" is refered to you reading it in a sign i placed, so don't ask a friend to tell you you can do those things :

-As for now, the difficulty doesn't really matter... However, as it is pretty dark there, if you want to you can play on easy/normal/hard for monsters to spawn inside. It's possible they won't spanw anyways.

-There are no check points what-so-ever. This means, if you die, you have to start all over again. Try to make your best in not dying, please :P.

-Two -technically three- mods are needed for this map to work: TFC -it will be more required later...- and RP2 -Specifically, the wiring and logic modules.-. Other mods are allowed, as long as they don't help you win. Please, if you use Smart Moving, set it's mode to off. Isn't like it will be useful for anything, but just in case...

The survival race contest:

Hey, i said up there the map was a test of the survivability, didn't you expected there to be a competition of some kind?

The thing is, i have no idea about what to make in the next level. As i'm posting this in a TFC forum -and the map is, for now, not very related to the mod...-, i feel, like, forced to make the next one out of TFC blocks :P I was thinking in making it a jungle, with Kapok trees, making you jump from vine to vine until you reach the top, looking for the "key" for the next level... or maybe a giant flooded cave, in which you would need great abilities in the boat in order to pass the level without dying against some rocks.

But, oh well, as i make you guys play this before it's finished, i should at least give you a prize for the effort. So, it's pretty simple: The first one to finish level one -completely finish, passing the last iron door- will decide how the next level should be. There are some conditions:

-Don't break any rule while doing it.

-Do not modificate the map in any way.

-Provide a video of you completing the level.

-The video must not have any cut scene.

"Hey, but what happens if more than one guy completes the level?" simple, the one who did it in the less time will win. -That's the why of the last condition- Cancelled, i barely got 3 downloads in the time this has been up : if i get more and i get out of ideas, i may get it back.

Challenges:

Peaceful: Don't die more than a thousand times.

Stop being a pussie and play in another difficult level :

Easy: Don't die more than 100 times.

Kill 2 hostile mobs of any kind.

Normal: Don't die more than 10 times.

Kill 5 hostile mobs of any kind.

Hard: Don't die at all.

Make the 5th and 6th section twice.

Kill 2 hostile mobs of every kind -two creepers, two skeletons, two zombies...-

All the difficulties: Find the secret message.

Find the secret passage and succesfully use it.

Finish the first level carrying every single item in the starter chests. this means you can't eat a single apple or shot a single arrow. You can use the other two weapons, as lng as they don't break.

Screenshots:

I know most of you guys just came here for watching screenshots... So, yeah, here you have some:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally, the link to the download:

http://www.mediafire...djyizrixkv3i1gk

-Notice i'm not using adfly. Because i know you don't like to wait? no, because i don't know how to :3-

that's all for now. Just wanted to share :3.

I dare you to try to make the exact same map, with the vanilla redstone and devices, and using the exact same space :.

Also, there are several timing issues and other things that i simply don't know how to do in vanilla... this redstones stuff becomes extremely easier, and possible in some cases, only with RP2.

I have noticed myself that those modules will not affect in any way your normal TFC gameplay, since most of the stuff -i haven't checked recipe by recipe...- is un-craftable, and they don't affect the world generation or the ores in the world.

Finally, you can always use MultiMC if you don't want to install the mods.

Sorry for using RP2, the thing is that i'm not an expert in using redstone devices, and, as i already said, the mod makes everything much more simpler.

I dare you to try to make the exact same map, with the vanilla redstone and devices, and using the exact same space :.

Also, there are several timing issues and other things that i simply don't know how to do in vanilla... this redstones stuff becomes extremely easier, and possible in some cases, only with RP2.

I have noticed myself that those modules will not affect in any way your normal TFC gameplay, since most of the stuff -i haven't checked recipe by recipe...- is un-craftable, and they don't affect the world generation or the ores in the world.

Finally, you can always use MultiMC if you don't want to install the mods.

Sorry for using RP2, the thing is that i'm not an expert in using redstone devices, and, as i already said, the mod makes everything much more simpler.

Oh you can't do it in the same space, in vanilla everything is a clusterfuck.

Forge says I have 14 mods, I don't need more.

Forge says me i have 10, and i didn't had any problem in installing two more... In fact, If TFC didn't had it, i would have installed Treefeller or something like it as well XD

EDIT: oh, and think that i have a pretty shitty computer, and it runs pretty well most of the time even with those mods there... So you, with your nicer, better computer, should have no problems in adding in even 40 mods more :3(?)

You can have separated minecraft.jar files, one with your normal mods and one with TFC and RP2. That is, if you don't mind having to change the file everytime you change the map... Which is why i find MultiMC useful :3

Forge says me i have 10, and i didn't had any problem in installing two more... In fact, If TFC didn't had it, i would have installed Treefeller or something like it as well XD

You can have separated minecraft.jar files, one with your normal mods and one with TFC and RP2. That is, if you don't mind having to change the file everytime you change the map... Which is why i find MultiMC useful :3

I do that anyway, manually. I have 49 minecraft.jars in a folder, that 58 minecraft.jars counting my current one, spout, and techniclauncher. They date back to beta 1.4 and I still use them. Plus I have MCNostalgia, I will probably go back to alpha if I get bored, and save every .jar in between.

I... don't have a clue if you are using sarcasm again, or being totally serious XDU it get's complicated when you don't know the language very well...

so yeah, if you are serious, then you apparently will have certain advantage over everyone else, as you will start earlier :3

Update- Changed the link to a newer version, no real changes, fixes many problems and cheats you could use for your advantage/were bugging me while trying to complete myself the level.

Hahaha! You can't beat your own map, well either you are bad at parkour and stuff or it's a really good map. :)

Oh, no, i can beat it. Before releasing a map, i check every separated section of it is doable and has no way to cheat it -unless it is nearly impossible...-. You won't find anything impossible to do in any of my maps, unless it's intentional.

The thing is, section by section is relatively easy to do, but everything legally -i mean, in survival and respawning in he beginning if you die- It's not that easy... So yeah, i think it's really good :3

If we get sickness from cold in like 1.4 I want you to right an endless snow biome code (or make the map small), generate it and then all you have to do is make a huge season clock to hit a command block that will set it back to winter. Then block us off with huge icebreg walls, no lava to warm us, and no sticks. All we get is a pickaxe head. Something like that.

...oooooooookay...

i didn't fully understood that...

if it was a request for the next level, let's first see if you beat the first one. If it was a request for another map... could you explain it a little better? i'm not sure what you meant o.O...

...oooooooookay...

i didn't fully understood that...

if it was a request for the next level, let's first see if you beat the first one. If it was a request for another map... could you explain it a little better? i'm not sure what you meant o.O...

You have to survive in the cold with only stone/bone tools. We need sickness from cold first lol, don't worry about it. Half joke, beast if you did it.

oh, okay :3 i have no ideqa how i would do that, but it would be really cool to do it, even more after passing the first lava level

Update- Added in some challenges, i was posting a new link too, but minecraft suddenly closed when i had finished adding in what i wanted to -__- be patient

EDIT: ok, it finally works, now i will update the map link.

EDIT: Cancelled the contest, just nobody seems to be liking the map very much : i'm just gonna continue with the map, release some new versions sometimes, and then release the final version later. It will get giant, i swear.