Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mrsharpie

Install not Working

31 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I'm trying to install terrafirmacraft, and followed all the instructions on the download page. Unfortunately though, I keep getting stuck on the Mojang screen while logging in, and then I end up having to quit (no crash though...) I'm running osx mountain lion, and used all of the links from the download page on the official website. And yes, I deleted meta-inf and am trying to use 1.2.5. Can anyone let me know how to do it? If someone has a working version they'd be willing to put up (minus saves obviously), that would be great too! Thanks!

Can't put up our versions, as that violates MCs Terms of Use, but if needed you can download 1.2.5 from here (Though might be the pre-release): http://assets.minecr...5/minecraft.jar

In order to assist you as much as possible, could you list the versions numbers and the order in which you installed them into the jar.

Just FYI the versions and install order should be:

forge 3.3.8.152

Player API client 1.5

TFC Core

Resorces

That was the order and the versions in which I installed, but for a number of things I wasn't sure whether I should totally overwrite the folders in the vanilla jar or whether I should just add in the new files to the existing ones. (Example: "net" folder... tfc "net" has only a server file, while vanilla has only client, so I wasn't sure how to handle that)

That was the order and the versions in which I installed, but for a number of things I wasn't sure whether I should totally overwrite the folders in the vanilla jar or whether I should just add in the new files to the existing ones. (Example: "net" folder... tfc "net" has only a server file, while vanilla has only client, so I wasn't sure how to handle that)

Yes, all of the files your are putting into the jar are meant to overwrite vanilla MC's (also why install order matters).

So If you let them overwrite each other, do you still have this issue?

---

(Example: "net" folder... tfc "net" has only a server file, while vanilla has only client, so I wasn't sure how to handle that)

Hmm... ok, that's odd. I thought it was wrong when I checked it, but yes, the TFC client has the server net file and the server has the client net file. So, uhm... don't worry about that, that's how they appear on my working copy too.

--

Also meant to append this to my previous post, O well.

Do you mean they should both have both client and server? because mine only came with server...

Nope they only had the one each.

TFC client - > Net Server

TFC Server - > Net Client

But you don't need to worry about that, it's as it should be (at least its working like that)

Just make sure you overwrite the files in that order (installation order) and let us know if that resolves your issues.

I believe someone made an installer on the forums if you are interested.

I've heard that if you try to combine two folders on a Mac, it defaults to overwriting the entire folder instead of merging. You want folders to merge and, if there is already a file there, have it overwrite that. The folders should merge though, even if that means the net folder has 2 files.

Ok so after a bit more fiddling (with no success), I tried to use a mod manager called Magic Launcher. All worked fine until I tried to install the actual core mod. Then, low and behold, the same damn thing happened. Stuck on Mojang screen, then the whole thing just freezes up. It installed all the other mods just fine, so I'm totally stumped. It looks like theres some file in the core mods thats causing this. Any ideas?

I believe someone made an installer on the forums if you are interested.

DEFINITELY interested. Do you know where I could find it?

I am currently working on a mod manager if you want to to follow my progress heres the link. Its currently in dev mode, and none of the button functionality has been programmed in.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/minecraftmodman/

an alpha version showing a partially implemented interface is available so you can see some of how it will look when its completed:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/minecraftmodman/files/MinecraftModManager/Alpha%200.0.1/MC_Mod_Manger.zip/download

(note this was compiled for windows, I will also be making a mac and linux build, since the code is crossplatform, but for now thats the only build I uploaded.)

Until my thing works, you should try using multimc

Released version:

http://forkk.net/MultiMC/

New Version: (requires compiler and its required dependencies to build it from source)

https://github.com/Forkk/MultiMC

I am currently working on a mod manager if you want to to follow my progress heres the link. Its currently in dev mode, and none of the button functionality has been programmed in.

https://sourceforge....inecraftmodman/

an alpha version showing a partially implemented interface is available so you can see some of how it will look when its completed:

https://sourceforge....er.zip/download

(note this was compiled for windows, I will also be making a mac and linux build, since the code is crossplatform, but for now thats the only build I uploaded.)

Until my thing works, you should try using multimc

Released version:

http://forkk.net/MultiMC/

New Version: (requires compiler and its required dependencies to build it from source)

https://github.com/Forkk/MultiMC

Both of those do sound great, but as dumb as this may sound, I just got a new computer, so I'm trying to be really careful about downloading as little as possible to get these mods, so I'm not sure about Multimc. Also, after attempting to install the same mods with magic launcher (which is a lot like multimc), it still didn't work, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing this.

Both of those do sound great, but as dumb as this may sound, I just got a new computer, so I'm trying to be really careful about downloading as little as possible to get these mods, so I'm not sure about Multimc. Also, after attempting to install the same mods with magic launcher (which is a lot like multimc), it still didn't work, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing this.

downloading as little as possible? I've been in contact with the author of multimc and have downloaded and read his source code, I wrote my tool entirely from source, what are you afraid of? I wouldn't know how to write a virus if you tried to pay me to do it. Is it a small hard drive?

oh and by the way, magic launcher is in NO way like multimc. According to my understanding It tries to inject the mod code into a live copy version of the jar file kept in RAM, rather than actually mod the file on disk and keep a modified jar in storage. This behavior doesn't work for some mods.

--edit:

By the way I've published the next alpha version with the most up to date interface changes. It is just about ready for functionality implementation.

(I needed to organize the layout of the GUI before I could program the functions that the buttons are supposed to direct)

Currently the windows build relies on a wxwidgets dynamic library that I placed in the archive with the executable, when the project is fully complete, I will be removing this dependency by providing static builds for windows and mac. (for linux I will provide the dynamic library build as a default, and the static build as an option, because installing the dynamic libraries for wxwidgets on linux is extremely simple.)

And of course, I will be providing the source code.

Yes, it is a rather small hard drive compared to what I'm used to, and with my last computer, I downloaded way too much stuff and ended up with a slow computer, so I'm trying not to repeat. And my bad on the Multimc being like Magic Launcher thing, I didn't quite understand that, but thanks! As for your launcher, that sounds pretty good so far. Am I right in thinking that a static build means no extra programs, just download and run? Because that would be great!

At this point, I'm starting to think an up to date mountain lion install video would be a good way to either pinpoint or get rid of the problem. I've checked youtube though, and there seems to be nothing good there. Anybody know of anything like that?

Yes, it is a rather small hard drive compared to what I'm used to, and with my last computer, I downloaded way too much stuff and ended up with a slow computer, so I'm trying not to repeat. And my bad on the Multimc being like Magic Launcher thing, I didn't quite understand that, but thanks! As for your launcher, that sounds pretty good so far. Am I right in thinking that a static build means no extra programs, just download and run? Because that would be great!

Thats exactly the meaning, it makes the executable slightly larger because it carries all the code it needs, but it doesn't require all of the libraries to be installed.

I'm going to end up having to temporarily use part of multimc's java-coded minecraft launcher for the actual client launch. The usual simple method of setting APPDATA env-var and running the usual launcher doesnt' seem to work properly when TFC is installed with the mods i've been running alongside it. (I don't quite know why), not to mention this trick is hardly directly portable to linux and mac. (would need to temporarily modify some other variable instead). However, the multimc java launcher works perfectly, so I'm going to stick with it until I can come up with something better. I will still continue to develop my interface though.

It will support client & server modding, and multiple version of MC jars.

If I can figure out how to make it work, I'll also allow mods that only install from patchers, it'll mod everything normally up to the patcher placeholder, then run the patcher, then resume. You'll have to make sure the patcher reads/writes to the proper minecraft jar manually, theres nothing I can do about that.

Ok well good luck with your launcher! I might try multimc, just because I know that it should work.

Ok, STILL not working with MultiMC! Someone please help! This is driving me fucking nuts!

Instance started with command: java -Xmx1024m -Xms512m -cp "/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources" MultiMCLauncher "/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft" "simonsharp" -3902226019696108069

Loading jars...

Loading URL: file:/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar

Loading URL: file:/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar

Loading URL: file:/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar

Loading URL: file:/Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar

Loading natives...

Fixed Minecraft Path: Field was private static java.io.File net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.aj

MCDIR: /Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/Library/Application Support/minecraft

27 achievements

182 recipes

LWJGL Version: 2.8.3

Aug 16, 2012 5:59:05 PM cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler beginLoading

INFO: Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization

Aug 16, 2012 5:59:05 PM cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler beginLoading

INFO: Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

2012-08-16 17:59:05 [iNFO] Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.78.153 for Minecraft 1.2.5 loading

2012-08-16 17:59:05 [iNFO] Loading mods from /Users/simonsharp/Desktop/MultiMC.app/Contents/Resources/instances/TFC/minecraft/mods

2012-08-16 17:59:05 [iNFO] Forge Mod Loader has loaded 3 mods

MinecraftForge v3.3.8.152 Initialized

2012-08-16 17:59:05 [iNFO] MinecraftForge v3.3.8.152 Initialized

Loading: net.java.games.input.OSXEnvironmentPlugin

Failed to enumerate device: Device open failed: -536870203

PlayerAPI 1.5 Created

PlayerAPI: registered PlayerTFC

CONFLICT @ -239 item slot already occupied by aba@37ed1dbe while adding TFC.Items.ItemCustomWood@303bc1a1

CONFLICT @ -238 item slot already occupied by ph@650df4e2 while adding TFC.Items.ItemCustomLeaves@77485542

CONFLICT @ -250 item slot already occupied by jh@2345e5a6 while adding TFC.Items.ItemSapling@41e80761

CONFLICT @ -251 item slot already occupied by aba@60dc3b82 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraPlanks@1ac7057c

CONFLICT @ -45 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgEx@391da0 while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgEx@25c7f37d

CONFLICT @ -46 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemSed@6a42a6eb while adding TFC.Items.ItemSed@3ddcc4cd

CONFLICT @ -47 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgIn@68fc8e75 while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgIn@1cecd92c

CONFLICT @ -44 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemMM@1a5e68a while adding TFC.Items.ItemMM@32c26ede

CONFLICT @ -43 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemOre1@7afccada while adding TFC.Items.ItemOre1@6a69ed4a

CONFLICT @ -42 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemOre2@5059cbda while adding TFC.Items.ItemOre2@37567e6c

CONFLICT @ -41 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemOre3@f8600d6 while adding TFC.Items.ItemOre3@26a0e990

CONFLICT @ -56 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@e4600c0 while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@15db4492

CONFLICT @ -57 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@6e72d873 while adding TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@35e09eab

CONFLICT @ -58 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@2dd1082f while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@76705d28

CONFLICT @ -55 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@4af429d7 while adding TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@63e708b2

CONFLICT @ -68 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@54ec115b while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@566798eb

CONFLICT @ -69 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@2b68989e while adding TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@5ffbc355

CONFLICT @ -70 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@9d532ae while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@bf2428d

CONFLICT @ -67 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@4def3d1b while adding TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@1594df96

CONFLICT @ -72 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@60e2fbeb while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgExCobble@560932fe

CONFLICT @ -73 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@75f2edd2 while adding TFC.Items.ItemSedCobble@1fdbb27d

CONFLICT @ -74 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@10a33ce2 while adding TFC.Items.ItemIgInCobble@4cf221f6

CONFLICT @ -71 item slot already occupied by TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@2c93c4f1 while adding TFC.Items.ItemMMCobble@1966c114

CONFLICT @ -60 item slot already occupied by vd@5b89a773 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@2a509df8

CONFLICT @ -59 item slot already occupied by vd@12b31a7c while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@2c8fcc7b

CONFLICT @ -66 item slot already occupied by vd@14b9b618 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@2c61ec49

CONFLICT @ -65 item slot already occupied by vd@50dfc362 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@12948069

CONFLICT @ -64 item slot already occupied by vd@537a7706 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@d1c55bb

CONFLICT @ -63 item slot already occupied by vd@3f406eb6 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@1f248f2b

CONFLICT @ -62 item slot already occupied by vd@19336006 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@7be536d6

CONFLICT @ -61 item slot already occupied by vd@5735b26 while adding TFC.Items.ItemTerraDirt@58651e95

0 recipes

That was what was in the MultiMC console window if it helps.

Umm, in the future, can you put that in spoiler tags please? (use the green button, called special bb code)

Ya haha sorry I'm new to this so I'm not sure how this all works. BUT I have good news! I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it worked. Not sure how or why, but hey, I'm not one to argue! Thanks for all the suggestions though! Good to know that I have somewhere to get help if somethin goes wrong in the future!

It would be nice if you knew why that worked, I'm having the same problem, but on windows. All the right load order, run, doesn't respond on Mojang. Are there conflicts with MCNostalgia changing it to 1.2.5?

Seems to be something in TFC that is causing it, runs with forge and API

Edited by antimattergizmo

Ok, STILL not working with MultiMC! Someone please help! This is driving me fucking nuts!

i've had it working jsut fine with multimc, make sure you've got the mods installed in the correct order.

If I may ask, what error are you getting in the console?