Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

As far as I can think at this moment, property damage should be the only factor truly limited. A system where the destruction of towns is limited to certain periods, forms, or cases would need to be implemented.

That was my goal with the idea of declared "sieges". This would allow both sides to decide on a time which suited them. This is especially pertinent as this server covers both sides of the Atlantic :P

Town's redistributing loans given from banks would be the best way to circulate currency in most cases. Mayors, dictators, congresses, leaders, would then be able to use the currency to invest back into the town and collect resources which they could potentially sell to the server bank for new currency and to pay off the cost of loans.This would circulate said currency, create a value for it, and produce a front for economic gain. In the beginning people could just start out having to work through the stone age together or not until they're to a particular stage of development. Then groups could be established with leaders established who could then take out a loan to build their town, the creation of a town potentially being something a group must muster the cost to pay for it's creation.

It's like you read my mind .....

As far as the problem of death in a town or faction during war, we could require members to not be able to rejoin their faction until conflicts end, if there is a faction left to join. Property inheritance upon death is something we'll have to settle some time or another if at all.

I like this, it seems sensible to me, making users start fresh but not forcing them away from their friends if they manage to win the war :P

Property inheritance I was thinking would be based on the individual factions policies ? One town may require you to leave your possessions to the town, another may allow you to leave the good to whoever you wish (apart from your new character ofc :P)

I like this, it seems sensible to me, making users start fresh but not forcing them away from their friends if they manage to win the war :P

Property inheritance I was thinking would be based on the individual factions policies ? One town may require you to leave your possessions to the town, another may allow you to leave the good to whoever you wish (apart from your new character ofc :P)

That should work.

I didn't see this mentioned (I might have missed it) but I would strongly suggest there being a sort of "warm up" period after war is declared. Probably a day or two, simply to allow all members of the involved factions to become informed of the situation. It would be really shitty to declare war on another faction when all those faction members are offline and just go over there and knock all their shit down.

Hopefully, by the time i finish this, it'll be after another person posts and I wont deal any 'no double posting'

Elegant solution to spawning with resources: Mayflower approach.

you spawn in on a premade ship, with some very basic resources(day of food(bread), basic weapon, and a flint tool 4 torches) you have only a chestplate armor(minimal teir.) This helps start a player off without being defencless in a PVP envirement, and allows users to quickly start work without what I've seen in LP's as a pesky search for that first bit fo protection. Farming of such resouces from newbies is entirely useless as all gear is minimal teir(aside from the weapon, a 2nd teir item.)

Depending on the charicter bio/class, the items spawned in with differ. a few examples below:

Colonest: No alterations

Merc: Next teir weapon or armor, replace food with melon

Farmer: weapon lowered by single teir, lowest class hoe added. two food items.

Royal: Highest food item(Unless goden apples still exist in tfc), merc level weapon, no armor, No tool.

Assasin: No food/armor. Posion or potion of harm

feel free to talk balance.

EDIT: ''Should the death of a leader or leading body lose the war for that faction ?''

The enmy could mount a SINGLE rescue attempt for saving a living leader, however if dead, they may pick a new leader ONCE(if that one fails, game over) Confirmed Multi accounters CAN NOT take leadership. all other options are waving white flag or death.

I didn't see this mentioned (I might have missed it) but I would strongly suggest there being a sort of "warm up" period after war is declared. Probably a day or two, simply to allow all members of the involved factions to become informed of the situation. It would be really shitty to declare war on another faction when all those faction members are offline and just go over there and knock all their shit down.

You did indeed miss it (although it's also my fault as I need to reformat the OP to reflect the more concrete ideas we now have). I suggested a 24 hour delay as well as a few server wide warnings.

I was hoping you would show up here .. I know this kind of server isn't much to your liking, but your ideas are invaluable and you're very knowledgeable so they're always backed up with facts :P

-snip-

I like the boat idea, but don't know how it would fit with stone age tech .. I think we established that, without automatic item allocation plugins, starter items were more bother than they were worth. Also, new players will be safe as killing is only sanctioned on an inter faction level, or in duels. (This is subject to change if people don't like it)

I like the boat idea, but don't know how it would fit with stone age tech .. I think we established that, without automatic item allocation plugins, starter items were more bother than they were worth. Also, new players will be safe as killing is only sanctioned on an inter faction level, or in duels. (This is subject to change if people don't like it)

No matter what we do, providing people with starting items will either be stage skipping or simple to the point of pointlessness and always a hassle to implement.

No matter what we do, providing people with starting items will either be stage skipping or simple to the point of pointlessness and always a hassle to implement.

You have definitely convinced me. I think it would be best to avoid giving users items. As an rp aspect, how do you feel about a shipwreck as the explanation for the players presence ? That would explain the rapid tech advancement as they already know of metals.. I know it's not that important, but I'd still like to get it tied down, partially so I can write some flavour text to make the op a bit less dull :P

That might work, but the spawn would have to be a Large shipwreck.

I can write for you, I actually have some materal to show you the quality I can do it at for you. Agree on the arrival method, and I can give you the story with a fair level of detail. I'll just need some In game names(RP names, not actual IGN's)

btw, I love/hate writing with a passion. Do it write, or not at all /wordplay

I can also build for you, I used to work on Tale of kingdoms, before tyber gave up on the project.

For a brief moment there I couldn't help thinking about Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens, NPCs and Players, and the fun that would be.

However, castaways certainly work if you need to flesh something out.

Names should be a consideration in opening plot writings. Some people are going to start earlier and others, as such it would be best to keep things generic.

Lol, i wouldn't mind starting as a neanderthal, i would even obey the RP by not talking, merely motioning and grunting XD

Neanderthals died out due to a series of ecological disasters and the aggressive spread of Homo Sapiens. They were smarter but we pooped out more babies.

(That is unless you believe, as some do, that Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens were still at a point where they were genetically similar enough to interbreed)

I was just being silly.

As was i, and i don't really believe in Neanderthals, but that's a discussion not for the forums lol. I do happen to love Roleplay enough that i would consider doing it for a while, if requested.

So, before we get off topic I'm try and make a summary of what we've agreed upon so far and the things we've not yet settled.

Mostly Settled

Rules:

PVP is forever limited to wars and duels

Deaths can be permanent or temporary in the form of "unconsciousness"

The destruction of property within areas such as towns as possibility owned land is limited only to sieges.

War:

War can be declared upon factions, alliances, or towns.

The notice of war declarations are required to announced 24hours (Or possibly longer) before action can be taken

Periods of siege must be set at agreed upon times between both parties to limit abuse for when members in active.

During war the death of an individual is permanent (Unless unconsciousness and capture is granted) until the end of the war i.e. a killed player cannot rejoin his or her faction until conflicts end.

Character Generation:

Shipwreck?

There will be no granting of supplies or tools upon joining

Currency:

Yes

Unsettled

Rules:

Player run courts and town by town laws

Punishment for rule/law breaking

The effective authority of courts

War:

The rules of how wars can affect non-participates and the limiting of wars if at all

Character Creation:

Yes.

Currency:

The fact of the matter, currency has simply been agreed upon but not established in a physical form or in how it would be implemented.

There's still either the bank loan method for towns, or the later implementation when towns are fleshed out for it to be distributed based on land ownership of individuals, or some other mystical option.

Nor has it been established whether items collectible in TFC can be exchanged with an OP for the currency.

I certainly left out a considerable number of things so please do add and correct.

Wait, what about Assassins, those are pvp

What's the difference between assassination and murder but for the word that one describes it by?

One is faction sanctioned. just saw this "PVP is forever limited to wars and duels" and thought hmm, that would make assassinations ban worthy yes?

For currency, I like the vanilla gold idea, but after all this discussion, I think it should just be dropped and have players go from one town to another, where demand would "give them more bang for their buck" if you will. If one village needed alot of wood for something, a player would get more than if he went to a village that didn't necessarily need it. The laws of supply and demand would dictate how valuable goods are in certain areas as opposed to others.

I approve of the "ship wreck" story. Stranded in a new land, all supplies lost (ALL OF THEM, starting from stone age, here) your band of survivors struggle in this strange place. Eventually would become the "server city" with the important server buildings there, and maybe a memorial park to the ship?

On the subject of bequething items from one character to another (same player) I feel you should not be punished for dieing, as that is what it sounds like. Imagine, you're derping along, about tier 3, when you die. You'ld be pretty mad if you couldn't get essential things out of your house, and had to start over as a stone ager. And RP angle I just thought of, was that your new character could be a migrant, from wherever the ship first came from, with knowledge around the previous character's tech level, and allowing the player to either move back into his old home, or take some of his supplies and have him move to a different location. I think it would be a player trust thing, though, so as not to abuse this. But I seriously don't think you should be penalized for dieing. (in all the table top role playing games I played, your new character was atleast scaled to your previous character's level, and would be able to acces moat of the same resources you could before you died)

I dunno dent, if you die from natural causes or a mob, then you can reclaim your stuff just like in regular servers, but if another player kills you while in the right pvp wise, then you must restart, i would be fine with that.

That might work, but the spawn would have to be a Large shipwreck.

That sounds good to me .. It would add a nice bit of context I think :D

I can write for you, I actually have some materal to show you the quality I can do it at for you. Agree on the arrival method, and I can give you the story with a fair level of detail. I'll just need some In game names(RP names, not actual IGN's)

I can also build for you, I used to work on Tale of kingdoms, before tyber gave up on the project.

I'm sorry, but I want to work on the flavour text myself. I really enjoy creative writing :P

If you are concerned about the level of quality it will be, I actually was working on a short story section for the off topic thread. It didn't get enough of a reception for me to keep posting, but I put out one story before I realised few people were reading it. I'll link it:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1301-short-story-metathread/

Any building help would be awesome :D

For a brief moment there I couldn't help thinking about Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens, NPCs and Players, and the fun that would be.

However, castaways certainly work if you need to flesh something out.

Names should be a consideration in opening plot writings. Some people are going to start earlier and others, as such it would be best to keep things generic.

Yeah, I intend to write a more generic text, which will allow for new players to join :P

I was considering early human RP, but then realised there was not much potential for backstory :/

Lol, i wouldn't mind starting as a neanderthal, i would even obey the RP by not talking, merely motioning and grunting XD

Haha ! I can imagine that now ... "Hey Danny, can you help me mine" "urrurrrgghhhhhh *points*", "Oh, you're obviously busy doing ... things" :P

As was i, and i don't really believe in Neanderthals, but that's a discussion not for the forums lol. I do happen to love Roleplay enough that i would consider doing it for a while, if requested.

I wouldn't expect that of you :) (P.S. Well done avoiding that other bit. I agree that there are certain things better left for the right time and place :))

Darn, with this many writers, i'll never get to submit any of my stories lol, i actually did a bit of backstory writing for another mod XD i was elected head writer after my submission.

I'll read your stories tomorrow jed, i need sleep now :/

So, before we get off topic I'm try and make a summary of what we've agreed upon so far and the things we've not yet settled.

Mostly Settled

Rules:

PVP is forever limited to wars and duels

Deaths can be permanent or temporary in the form of "unconsciousness"

The destruction of property within areas such as towns as possibility owned land is limited only to sieges.

War:

War can be declared upon factions, alliances, or towns.

The notice of war declarations are required to announced 24hours (Or possibly longer) before action can be taken

Periods of siege must be set at agreed upon times between both parties to limit abuse for when members in active.

During war the death of an individual is permanent (Unless unconsciousness and capture is granted) until the end of the war i.e. a killed player cannot rejoin his or her faction until conflicts end.

Character Generation:

Shipwreck?

There will be no granting of supplies or tools upon joining

Currency:

Yes

Unsettled

Rules:

Player run courts and town by town laws

Punishment for rule/law breaking

The effective authority of courts

War:

The rules of how wars can affect non-participates and the limiting of wars if at all

Character Creation:

Yes.

Currency:

The fact of the matter, currency has simply been agreed upon but not established in a physical form or in how it would be implemented.

There's still either the bank loan method for towns, or the later implementation when towns are fleshed out for it to be distributed based on land ownership of individuals, or some other mystical option.

Nor has it been established whether items collectible in TFC can be exchanged with an OP for the currency.

I certainly left out a considerable number of things so please do add and correct.

Thanks ! I really needed to get off my lazy ass and do that, you saved me some serious time :D:P

I agree with everything you have listed there as being settled. As others have pointed out, assassins are criminal murder, not bannable murder, so they are "not allowed", but they are actually allowed, if you understand me ? The same goes for hired thieves working for factions.

Wait, what about Assassins, those are pvp

I covered that above :)

For currency, I like the vanilla gold idea, but after all this discussion, I think it should just be dropped and have players go from one town to another, where demand would "give them more bang for their buck" if you will. If one village needed alot of wood for something, a player would get more than if he went to a village that didn't necessarily need it. The laws of supply and demand would dictate how valuable goods are in certain areas as opposed to others.

I approve of the "ship wreck" story. Stranded in a new land, all supplies lost (ALL OF THEM, starting from stone age, here) your band of survivors struggle in this strange place. Eventually would become the "server city" with the important server buildings there, and maybe a memorial park to the ship?

On the subject of bequething items from one character to another (same player) I feel you should not be punished for dieing, as that is what it sounds like. Imagine, you're derping along, about tier 3, when you die. You'ld be pretty mad if you couldn't get essential things out of your house, and had to start over as a stone ager. And RP angle I just thought of, was that your new character could be a migrant, from wherever the ship first came from, with knowledge around the previous character's tech level, and allowing the player to either move back into his old home, or take some of his supplies and have him move to a different location. I think it would be a player trust thing, though, so as not to abuse this. But I seriously don't think you should be penalized for dieing. (in all the table top role playing games I played, your new character was atleast scaled to your previous character's level, and would be able to acces moat of the same resources you could before you died)

I understand the hesitance, but as the others have pointed out, there are actually only a couple of circumstances where you would permadie :)

Basically, unless you go to war, are worth assassinating or fight someone in a duel to the death you are pretty safe :)

Environmental deaths, friendly duels, death by thief, monster deaths, all of these only result in you being "knocked unconscious" and returning to spawn, free to reclaim your items and home as you are the same character :)

I agree barter will be the official economic model (certainly until the server gets pretty damn big - This would actually simulate our castaway society progressing too .. Pretty cool :D)

We are all on the same page regarding the ship wreck story I think :)

Darn, with this many writers, i'll never get to submit any of my stories lol, i actually did a bit of backstory writing for another mod XD i was elected head writer after my submission.

I'll read your stories tomorrow jed, i need sleep now :/

Hmm .. If we have 3 writers, why not submit three sample stories, and pick one of them ? I want the flavour text to be the best it can be, even if that means I don't write it :P

I don't blame you Danny .. It must be around 2:30 in your neck of the woods ? I just got to work 20 minutes ago :P

Also, I would like it if you guys would submit other stories anyway. Developing a good backstory is essential to any RP setting, and more user created content is always good :)

Thanks ! I really needed to get off my lazy ass and do that, you saved me some serious time :D:P

I agree with everything you have listed there as being settled. As others have pointed out, assassins are criminal murder, not bannable murder, so they are "not allowed", but they are actually allowed, if you understand me ? The same goes for hired thieves working for factions.

I covered that above :)

I understand the hesitance, but as the others have pointed out, there are actually only a couple of circumstances where you would permadie :)

Basically, unless you go to war, are worth assassinating or fight someone in a duel to the death you are pretty safe :)

Environmental deaths, friendly duels, death by thief, monster deaths, all of these only result in you being "knocked unconscious" and returning to spawn, free to reclaim your items and home as you are the same character :)

I agree barter will be the official economic model (certainly until the server gets pretty damn big - This would actually simulate our castaway society progressing too .. Pretty cool :D)

We are all on the same page regarding the ship wreck story I think :)

There still was, I believe, a discussion about hat should happen in the situations where you permadie. The "migrant", is a believable rp element that would work in the theme of the server.

And back to death and drops. I still think you should be scaled to or around the tech level you wer when you died. It seems too much like we are punishinsh permadeaths.

There still was, I believe, a discussion about hat should happen in the situations where you permadie. The "migrant", is a believable rp element that would work in the theme of the server.

And back to death and drops. I still think you should be scaled to or around the tech level you wer when you died. It seems too much like we are punishinsh permadeaths.

Yeah, I think migrants make sense seeing as any remaining ship wreck survivors would have died after a few days.

I don't know, I feel like punishing permadeath is the right thing to do. It means that players will start with a clean slate. Also, if.they join a faction, they will be brought up to tech anyway :)