Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liq3

How to find ore?

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know any ways to find ore besides sluice and digging around randomly in the correct rock with a propick. I'm not talking about t1/0 ores btw, those are easy to find with rocks. Sluice is insanely slow and you have to hang around while it works. I haven't figured out any good way to find iron/silver/gold/nickel (especially iron) except just digging a tunnel (in the right rock) around y:95 and propicking every 25 blocks. I find this extremely slow and tedious, it's as bad as shaft mining for diamonds in vanilla.

So, anyone got any better ideas for finding those t2+ ores?

No, pretty much like that. Looking for rocks that might contain the ore you are looking for. If you find a riven there you get lucky find sometimes tier 2 ores. It can be boring trying to find those ores, but then when isn't minecraft very boring. Especially when mining for Diamonds.l :lol:

I am relatively new to this mod so I can't tell to much about how to find gold/silver/nickel, however I have found lots of iron in my world. My advice would be to set up five or more sluices in various areas until you get a reading of what you want. Then if you find something, do vertical slices (digging out the block below you) checking with the propick every so often surrounding the entire area the sluice can search.

You've gotta find rock layers that contain the ores you're looking for. Do some research on the wiki. Certain ores only show up in certain rocks.

You've gotta find rock layers that contain the ores you're looking for. Do some research on the wiki. Certain ores only show up in certain rocks.

he's already doing that.

Honestly, like IRL, you've gotta have a bit of luck to run across these deposits. I often dig a 2x1 vertical shaft at the junction of 3 or more biomes, and run into at least 1 deposit of something around the 100 level. If you dont find anything, try somewhere else.

I dig stairs down to level 40, see what type of rock I have and what ores appear there. Then it's looong tunnels until the propick says something or the rock layer changes.

Well, you have to have a few pickaxes to make a tunnel like that. So, if you don't have a reliable source of ores yet, that may be difficult.

That's not the first ore vein I try to find, I go deep for higher tier ores. For my first ore, I'll scan the surface with a propick, seems like you can always find some cassiterite or native copper that way. It also makes for an easy decision whether to dig up or down ;D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0