Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gorni

Ore and world generation in 48b, back to 46?

12 posts in this topic

That is an awesome cave. If it's not in the change log, though, it might just be sheer luck.

not luck...the whole ground is filled with the huge caves again, this is the cave system that was used in 46. In 47 it just had very small caves all around. no big ones.

Is the top layer as painfully empty as in b46, or is this sorta a best of both worlds kind of thing?

not sure yet... not even sure if intended or not.

If I remember correctly it was stated that some ores would still spawn under the old system.

What type of ore is it?

all kind of ores: sphalerite, cassiterite, bismuth etc all the stuff that spawned very differently in 47.

Not sure if that would fit more in discussion or even bug report...

That certainly looks like the old system ? .. Somebody needs to check the upper layers .. Stat ! (man, I've always wanted to say that :D)

I've gotten far too used to a cushy life or readily available surface ore deposits :P

So, has a developer commented on this yet (possibly in some other thread?) Is the ore density change intentional?

Ok, I was quite concerned that the amount of ore had multiplied out of control. I guess no one else cared.

I finally went, and loaded up a 48d world in mcEdit and deleted a large amount of the world above y=40. I walked around and observed the veins exposed, both in the wall and the floor.

Then I did the same with a 47f world. They seemed rather comparable, so I'm pretty sure that Gorni's experience was just random luck. I even found a canyon in the 47f world that had giant veins meeting each other like the one in Gorni's picture.

Screenshots can't prove anything, but I still think they are interesting. Here's the ones I took:

http://imgur.com/a/gHSw3

Hmm looks pretty normal what you cropped out there, maybe it was just sheer luck/bad luck to find those huge veins...

the huge veins are still there just seems like bad luck to me

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0