Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Srgnoodles

Lamps, Candles and Torches oh my! (new lighting ideas)

153 posts in this topic

Great idea. Yes I was reiterating, and adding times. Think of it like defibrillating.

Metal torch handles that can be placed like a candelabra on a surface with a visible base, or on the wall like a torch sconce. The handle itself is permanent, but fuel can be added. A wad of fuel would be created by placing either coal/charcoal or peat in a crafting table with a knife (to either crush or cut it up, respectively) and the raw fuel is "packed" into pieces of paper (both placed in crafting table). Peat would provide 16 pits of fuel, coals 4.

This would provide a viable later game use for peat, and an ongoing use for paper after you have all the plans.

Does peat have another use that I'm unaware of?

Does peat have another use that I'm unaware of?

Throw it in a fire pit, it can be used for fuel in place of logs.

Thanx. Also realtime post conversation w00t!

Metal torch handles that can be placed like a candelabra on a surface with a visible base, or on the wall like a torch sconce. The handle itself is permanent, but fuel can be added.

well i was saying you could make metal sconces on the walls that you could stick torches into, those would kind of act the same, when the torch burns out just stick a new one in the holder

well i was saying you could make metal sconces on the walls that you could stick torches into, those would kind of act the same, when the torch burns out just stick a new one in the holder

Agreed, just trying to find superfluous uses for peat and paper. :D

Agreed, just trying to find superfluous uses for peat and paper. :D

yeah paper needs more uses

ermegherd idea!

chinese paper lanterns!

1 make lantern out of paper

2 stick candle in it

3 ???

4 profit!

I believe instead of 3 question marks you want the phrase "then a miracle occurs"

I believe instead of 3 question marks you want the phrase "then a miracle occurs"

this one thinks that peffern has never watched south park

ermegherd idea!

GERSEBERMS

this one thinks that peffern has never watched south park

This one thinks that one should lay off Mass Effect for a bit

This one thinks that one should lay off Mass Effect for a bit

this one was not making a mass effect refference

this one was not making a mass effect refference

well who the fuck else talks like that

well who the fuck else talks like that

someone obviously hasn't played skyrim

someone obviously hasn't played skyrim

Of course I have

Who the hell do you think I am?

What character talks like that? Unless you're doing just a dreadful kajiit impression

Of course I have

Who the hell do you think I am?

What character talks like that? Unless you're doing just a dreadful kajiit impression

ugh so y u bein so serious?

the man does not undestand, what little unicorn says

+1 for guessing the character hint (he owed the god 3 deaths :P )

the man does not undestand, what little unicorn says

+1 for guessing the character hint (he owed the god 3 deaths :P )

the unicorn does not understand what the furry little gremlin thingy is saying

I'm not holding my breath, but the ability to combine either 4 torches or other light source and either rope or a chain to create a chandelier would be amazing, roof lighting sources being sorely lacking in this game without glowstone.

I'm not holding my breath, but the ability to combine either 4 torches or other light source and either rope or a chain to create a chandelier would be amazing, roof lighting sources being sorely lacking in this game without glowstone.

Excellent idea, poor execution

double wrought iron ingot + chandelier plan = stage 1 chandelier

wrought iron ingot + sconce plan = 2 sconces (place on wall the way you currently place a torch - allows torches to be placed in them on right-click, since standard torch placing will be disabled if a sconce is added to the game)

stage 1 chandelier + 2 sconces (shapeless)= stage 2 chandelier

stage 2 chandelier + 2 sconces (shapeless)= stage 3 chandelier

Stage 3 chandelier + rope on top = chandelier

Placing the chandelier on the underside of a block with 2 or more spaces under it yields a rope block attached to the roof, and the chandelier block under it. Right-clicking the rope block with more rope in hand lowers the chandelier block by 1 and puts a second rope block in its place, removing a piece of rope from your inventory. Left-clicking a rope block raises the chandelier by 1 and adds a piece of rope to your inventory. Left clicking the LAST rope block drops the chandelier as an item.

Add torches by right-clicking each of the 4 built-in sconces with a torch in hand

the unicorn does not understand what the furry little gremlin thingy is saying

the man without a face game of thrones =)

didnt read those so the unicorn is still confused

Oooooooohhh .. Are you a reader or a watcher of the series ?

I've read all the books myself, but I am actually yet to watch the TV series :P

Oooooooohhh .. Are you a reader or a watcher of the series ?

I've read all the books myself, but I am actually yet to watch the TV series :P

-poke-

Oy you, I want your opinion on the post I made of chandeliers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0