Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Simmstein

Scorched ground

312 posts in this topic

(yes you can do that)

*Provided you have health insurance or a porkchop.

*Provided you have health insurance or a porkchop.

and the reference was not understood

NOPE NOPE NOPE, actually we had a discussion on this already, and came to the conclusion, that the potential for griefing was far too great, maybe as an addon (done by community) but not in the base game.

Argh, why y'all so shit-scared of griefers? What I love the idea of, is a large server with clans/nations that can choose to form an alliance or go to war. Like some kind of medieval warfare/survival server, or perhaps a Game of Thrones twist?

In medieval times, did people go 'Oh no, griefers! All of my precious metals and logs are gone!'? No, they went: 'DAMN! My chests looted, my wives murdered, my home trashed, my crops burnt and my livestock slaughtered! Time for revenge!'.Why do y'all have to make such a fuss over griefers intead of growing a pair and going to war? I agree with you on the fact that if it was a peaceful/building server, flaming arrows would be a catastrophe. But why, oh why, can't someone make a realistic war/medieval server with clans and cities and villages and pillaging?

By the way, earlier in this post it may have sounded as if I was flaming. I assure all who read this that this was not the case and I respect all Minecrafters equally and utterly (oh, apart from the fools who grief and then complain when YOU grief them back!).

Oh, and all of you who think coding is a piece of cake answer this:

Why don't you pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and start coding it yourself instead of saying 'Go on, code it. It's EASY!'.

Modders such as Bioxx are doing us all a big favour by making such wonderful mods. They are working their backs off, so us Minecrafters might enjoy ourselves a little more. I look around, and it doesn't seem like they get much respect. Their work appears to go mostly unappreciated.

They are working their backs off, so us Minecrafters might enjoy ourselves a little more. I look around, and it doesn't seem like they get much respect. Their work appears to go mostly unappreciated.

Yeah, almost everything is true, but you can't say this, because currently the great part of users here, me too, respect them very much. Also this topic is a bit died. Only a bit of people don't respect them, but why? Because they are so...

I don't know minecraft coding, but honestly, the functions asked for already exist in the game so it's not a coding issue.

Also, I agree completely on the idea of open worlds, but the problem is there's no way to find out currently WHO robbed you.

We had a thief run through my server recently when nobody else was on, it'd be nice to be able to chase this person down and kill them with steel, we've got it, but we have no clue who it is, and I don't feel comfortable looking through the player files for our items.

We DO need an in game way to self police, then this "but it'll cause griefers!" nonsense can go away.

Yeah, almost everything is true, but you can't say this, because currently the great part of users here, me too, respect them very much. Also this topic is a bit died. Only a bit of people don't respect them, but why? Because they are so...

I know there is a great ammount of people who respect them. I was referring to those on THIS THREAD specifically.

I know there is a great ammount of people who respect them. I was referring to those on THIS THREAD specifically.

Ah ok. I didn't read this thread, then I can't say who doesn't respect here...XD

We had a thief run through my server recently when nobody else was on, it'd be nice to be able to chase this person down and kill them with steel, we've got it, but we have no clue who it is, and I don't feel comfortable looking through the player files for our items.

We DO need an in game way to self police, then this "but it'll cause griefers!" nonsense can go away.

I agree with you there. But... In Medieval times (yes, I have made reference to 'medieval times' much but that is because I absolutely love the idea of Medieval Minecraft :3) those who were robbed, had no way of finding out who robbed them. However, if that does mean so much to players, someone could perhaps try their best to make a SMP mod that tells players who looted them:

FOR EXAMPLE:

Chest

Players who recently used this Chest:

Useless911 - Deposited 1 Diamond

Lolman509 - Withdrew 4 Diamonds, 1 Bow, 7 String, 35 Seeds, 7 Wheat, 9 Iron, 2 Flint, 13 Gravel, 3 Wooden Planks. 31 Sticks, 2 Stone, 77 Cobblestone

Ah ok. I didn't read this thread, then I can't say who doesn't respect here...XD

Oh, lol.

Really?! TWO double posts! I can't melt twice ya know, it's just impossible. So just take these words of advice instead of making me try to melt twice, "Double posts are bad, mmmmkay?"

*melts, but only once*

Also, this thread is so dead it isn't even close to funny. There is a fine line between necromancy and revival, this falls on the necromancy side, as there have been more recent discussions on the topic you have brought up. Don't necro, it kills a cute little baby bunny every time you do.

Really?! TWO double posts! I can't melt twice ya know, it's just impossible. So just take these words of advice instead of making me try to melt twice, "Double posts are bad, mmmmkay?"

Uh, what? Who double-posted?

You made 2 posts consecutively. achartran hates this, then he melts when he sees thise things.

I agree with you there. But... In Medieval times (yes, I have made reference to 'medieval times' much but that is because I absolutely love the idea of Medieval Minecraft :3) those who were robbed, had no way of finding out who robbed them. However, if that does mean so much to players, someone could perhaps try their best to make a SMP mod that tells players who looted them:

FOR EXAMPLE:

Chest

Players who recently used this Chest:

Useless911 - Deposited 1 Diamond

Lolman509 - Withdrew 4 Diamonds, 1 Bow, 7 String, 35 Seeds, 7 Wheat, 9 Iron, 2 Flint, 13 Gravel, 3 Wooden Planks. 31 Sticks, 2 Stone, 77 Cobblestone

Honestly, I'm really for the idea of a fantasy reality, using the fantasy elements to enhance gameplay in a believeable manner, instead of an unexplainable chat command or screen display with no cause include it in the gameplay, make there be spells of some kind that can be cast on areas/objects to get information on them.

Also tracking spells, oh yes, that would be wonderful.

I had a mod on my bukkit server that left trails of disturbed blocks behind all players, it was a really short term by default, and slightly buggy, but basically it allowed you to track players movements without having to see the player.

You! You double posting monster!!!

*runs away and hides behind a slow moving car*

What the blazing bullets is happening? Did Mister Achartran double-posted?

What the blazing bullets is happening? Did Mister Achartran double-posted?

Nope

You, you monster!!!

A slow moving car? lol why there?

You made 2 posts consecutively. achartran hates this, then he melts when he sees thise things.

Oh. 'Double-post' usually refers to when the same thing is accidentally posted or sent in a PM.

Oh, lol.

overwhelmingly useful post

Oh. 'Double-post' usually refers to when the same thing is accidentally posted or sent in a PM.

Not in these forums it's not.:P

Not here, not here. Actually these forums are funny and a bit crazy. If they weren't crazy, they wouldn't be funny.

You, you monster!!!

Why a slow-moving vehicle when you can hide in a WWII Stuart (It is an American light tank)? Oh, and Mister Kimbblsrath; Y U NO STOP DUNK MEMES?!

Why a slow-moving vehicle when you can hide in a WWII Stuart (It is an American light tank)?

Because he is the f*****g awesome achartran. You don't know him enough. He might be the most funny person of the forums, but you don't know him, then...

achartran, this is Sda209;

Sda209 this is SPARTAAAAA!...no this is achartran

Also, a note for you Mr. Sda209:

Don't write Achartran with the capitalized letter, never!

Also, a note for you Mr. Sda209:

Don't write Achartran with the capitalized letter, never!

Why does your note sound all too familiar to me? Also, what makes writing his name with a capital 'A' so taboo to him?

Why does your note sound all too familiar to me? Also, what makes writing his name with a capital 'A' so taboo to him?

Noooonononono don't say the capitalized "A" please...

Why not? What happens when I say 'Achartran'?