Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ethreality

Need help troubleshooting installation.

5 posts in this topic

I know it's hard to keep up to date with the patches, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I'm following these instructions to a "T".

First, I delete my .minecraft folder, after backing up my saves if I ever want to go back to vanilla minecraft, then I get a fresh .minecraft folder by running a new minecraft.exe from the minecraft main site.

Then, I replace the 1.3.2 minecraft.jar file that is contained in the .minecraft bin folder with a clean, unmodded 1.2.5 minecraft.jar file. (If anything, this must be where I went wrong, can somebody please provide a link to a confirmed, working, 1.2.5 clean unmodded minecraft.jar file?)

Once all that's done, I open the clean, unmodded 1.2.5 minecraft.jar file with winrar, delete meta-inf.

Then I download Forge 3.3.8.152 Client, open that with winrar, and drag all the files (excluding the "..." file at the top) into the aforementioned clean, unmodded 1.2.5 minecraft.jar file which has been opened with winrar.

Then I do the same for PlayerAPI Client 1.1

Then I do the same with TFC_Client_Core

Then I do the same with TFC_Resources

In that order.

Then, when I run minecraft, it allows me to login, flashes "Mojang", then remains black.

Please, what am I doing wrong? Does anybody know?

Try PLayerAPI client 1.5 not 1.1

Use MCNostalgia ( http://www.minecraft...works-with-132/ extract to a new folder, open the .exe and hit enter then input 91 and hit enter again => done) to revert your new minecraft to a correct 1.2.5, not just replacing the Jar. Try that and report back.

if that doesent work, a crash report would help.

Open the command window (Type cmd into the win start search bar) and insert the following Line:

java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -cp Minecraft.exe net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

After replacing 1.3.2 jar with 1.2.5 start up minecraft before doing anything else. it has to run first to change it to 1.2.5 then close minecraft delete meta inf and all that

Many thanks to Gorni, and Epitaph (Although I was already doing what Epitaph suggested).

I tried to use MCNostalgia before, but I couldn't find the 1.2.5 command (91), which caused me to resort to simply replacing the jar file.

It worked marvellously, thank you :)

Also, I was just wondering, if I'm installing the PlayerAPI Server, what version should I use? 1.5? 1.3? 1.2?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0