Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalUndeath

Can't get into my own server...

27 posts in this topic

Tried port forewording - no dice

Tried Hamachi - same errors.

Whenever I try to log in to the server, I always instantly get a "Connection Lost. End of Stream" message, and on my server dialogue it says 'connection lost with 127.0.0.1:<random ass port>'

I'm doing the exact same thing I see in all the guides for vanilla, so I have to assume TFC is dicking it up somehow ( I mean, I am following these instructions to the LETTER). What gives? Anyone else have to deal with this? Anyone find out how to fix it?

127.0.0.1 is a localhost IP, so I'm assuming the server is on the same computer as your client. If that's the case, no port fowarding or hamachi should matter. The problem has to be between the client and server program. Try turning off whitelisting and/or authentication and see if that helps.

127.0.0.1 is a localhost IP, so I'm assuming the server is on the same computer as your client. If that's the case, no port fowarding or hamachi should matter. The problem has to be between the client and server program. Try turning off whitelisting and/or authentication and see if that helps.

Whitelisting is off in server.properties

Not sure what authentication you mean

Are you trying Localhost, i know it's a stupid question but, i thought i'd ask.

Are you trying Localhost, i know it's a stupid question but, i thought i'd ask.

Yes. I've tried localhost, my internal IP, and my external IP, with both portforwarding and hamachi

same shit

:/ Are you running the correct matching versions?

By authenticaiton, I mean "online-mode". In online mode, people have to log in through mojang's servers before they can join. In offline, they don't... but people can in theory log in as someone else. It's usually only turned to false so non-legit players can join and when mojang's authentication servers are messing up (not as common now, thank goodness). Copy and pasting your server.properties and your console's contents (right-click the console, click "select all", then hit enter to do so if you didn't know) in spoiler tags here might help.

EDIT - cuz I read ur post wrong :P

In my experience, if the client and server versions dont match, or there is a problem with the client, the user is reported as having left the game before they join, and its accompanied by that message in the server console. You may want to ensure your client and server are on the same version, and make sure your client version is working correctly, and that your server build version is what you think it is.

Given that your server console shows you as having tried to connect, I'm pretty sure your issue with with the client. Its possible that they have mismatching versions.

As for authentication against minecraft.net, when it is unavailable, or whatever I typically get an exception in my client, and not the End of Stream message, but this might have changed.

Okay so... It was the version or the launcher itself. I scrapped my old _server.exe and downloaded a more dubious 1.2.5 somewhere, and now I can get in.

Only problem?

...The world is vanilla.

Wat.

I checked my .jar, and TFC is installed both client and server side, as is forge and player API.

how2fix

I think either the mods werent installed (specifically Forge) or that launcher thing isnt working right..

I wasnt aware there was a .exe to launch the server.. Why not cut that out of the equation, install the mods directly to a jar file, and start the server with a batch file?

(put this in a text file, and change the extension to .bat)

@ECHO OFF

"Path to java.exe with quotes" -Xmx1G -Xms500m -jar "Path to minecraftserver.jar with quotes"

--Xmx is the max memory for the JVM, and Xms is the starting size for it

I think either the mods werent installed (specifically Forge) or that launcher thing isnt working right..

I wasnt aware there was a .exe to launch the server.. Why not cut that out of the equation, install the mods directly to a jar file, and start the server with a batch file?

(put this in a text file, and change the extension to .bat)

@ECHO OFF

"Path to java.exe with quotes" -Xmx1G -Xms500m -jar "Path to minecraftserver.jar with quotes"

--Xmx is the max memory for the JVM, and Xms is the starting size for it

Doing that, but with the .exe in place of the jar. will try

edit - I can't just run jars. I always get a message 'invalid or corrupt jarfile', even for my client which runs perfectly

Doing that, but with the .exe in place of the jar. will try

I dont think the -jar switch for the java executable will create a JVM around a .exe.... You should just use a 1.2.5 jar file...

I dont think the -jar switch for the java executable will create a JVM around a .exe.... You should just use a 1.2.5 jar file...

Well using the exe worked fine - it only broke when I told it to start using the .jar

As long as it works I guess :)

As long as it works I guess :)

No, but it still only makes vanilla worlds

The exe makes vanilla worlds, and the jar doesn't work at all because I can't run jars directly

This is a problem

Hmm... quite the riddle you have there.

If it were me, I would start by uninstalling java and installing the newest java you can (Look here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp). If you have windows 64-bit, I highly recommend getting the 64-bit along with the 32-bit version. I've been told the 64-bit version doesn't include the 32-bit version, so you may need both (64-bit for minecraft, 32-bit for browser-based java). After uninstalilng java but before installing the newest java, it might not be a bad idea to run CCleaner and let it clear out your temp files and registry entries (especially those related to java).

Now that is done, you should have java 1.7 update 6 installed. If you installed it to the default location, the path to your java bin folder should be:

C:Program FilesJavajre7bin

and if you have 32-bit java on a 64-bit OS, it will be at:

C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7bin

You will need to make sure these are in your environment variables path. if you have Windows 7, you can check by:

• Click start, right-clicking on Computer and choosing Properties
  • clicking on advanced system settings on the left, clicking on the advanced tab (that's double advanced if you were paying attention, microsoft needs a thesaurus), and then click on the Environment Variables button.
  • You will see a few different variables like temp and tmp, but the one we're concerned about is called "path". Click on it and hit edit. Make sure the java ones are there. If they are not, add them. If they are but are incorrect, fix them.
For an example, here's my path variable:
%CommonProgramFiles%Microsoft SharedWindows Live;C:Program FilesJavajre7bin;C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7bin

Now lets download a fresh, safe minecraft_server.jar from Mojang. You can get that here: http://assets.minecr...raft_server.jar

Using that minecraft_server.jar, double-click and see if you get any errors running the jar. If all is well, it should load up just like if you had been running an exe. If you doesnt, reboot the computer (I'm not sure if a restart is required for the path variable to change). If it still doesn't, you can try downloading a program called Jarfix here: http://johann.loeffl...rfix/index.html

Assuming you can double-click the jar and it not cause any problems, you can then move on to reinstalling forge, playerapi, and finally tfcraft. While you can run the server by double-clicking the jar, I highly recommend you use the bat file provided by MDub as it will allocate the proper amount of RAM needed, though I would set both to 1G instead of having start at 500m.

Hmm... quite the riddle you have there.

If it were me, I would start by uninstalling java and installing the newest java you can (Look here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp). If you have windows 64-bit, I highly recommend getting the 64-bit along with the 32-bit version. I've been told the 64-bit version doesn't include the 32-bit version, so you may need both (64-bit for minecraft, 32-bit for browser-based java). After uninstalilng java but before installing the newest java, it might not be a bad idea to run CCleaner and let it clear out your temp files and registry entries (especially those related to java).

Now that is done, you should have java 1.7 update 6 installed. If you installed it to the default location, the path to your java bin folder should be:

C:Program FilesJavajre7bin

and if you have 32-bit java on a 64-bit OS, it will be at:

C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7bin

You will need to make sure these are in your environment variables path. if you have Windows 7, you can check by:

• Click start, right-clicking on Computer and choosing Properties
  • clicking on advanced system settings on the left, clicking on the advanced tab (that's double advanced if you were paying attention, microsoft needs a thesaurus), and then click on the Environment Variables button.
  • You will see a few different variables like temp and tmp, but the one we're concerned about is called "path". Click on it and hit edit. Make sure the java ones are there. If they are not, add them. If they are but are incorrect, fix them.
For an example, here's my path variable:
"%CommonProgramFiles%Microsoft SharedWindows Live;C:Program FilesJavajre7bin;C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7bin"

Now lets download a fresh, safe minecraft_server.jar from Mojang. You can get that here: http://assets.minecr...raft_server.jar

Using that minecraft_server.jar, double-click and see if you get any errors running the jar. If all is well, it should load up just like if you had been running an exe. If you doesnt, reboot the computer (I'm not sure if a restart is required for the path variable to change). If it still doesn't, you can try downloading a program called Jarfix here: http://johann.loeffl...rfix/index.html

Assuming you can double-click the jar and it not cause any problems, you can then move on to reinstalling forge, playerapi, and finally tfcraft. While you can run the server by double-clicking the jar, I highly recommend you use the bat file provided by MDub as it will allocate the proper amount of RAM needed, though I would set both to 1G instead of having start at 500m.

...my path is going to somewhere in my Nvidia drivers folder. Wat.

...Is it okay to change this? For all I know now this might mess up mu GPU settings

agh... fucking windows 98!! Get Bill Gates in here!

And also I can't use the official server jar because that's the new one - it's not on 1.2.5 anymore. TFC compatibility is broken with the latest official release

And yes I knew about the memory, I was already running off of that batch file with the destination set to my exe

Also also, I run minecraft and java off my F: drive, not C. My C drive is solid state, so I try not to put too many write-intensive programs on it

The environmental variables are only really needed to support the double click and launch functionality you outlined there (although file associations might play a role specifically with the double click deal). In addition, with the path variable including the exe for java, you need not provide the absolute path to java in order to execute a .class or jar file with it, from a batch file or from command line. For example

With the java path in your PATH variable from CMD or batch

java -jar "Path to my jar file here"

would work just fine

without it you require the absolute path like

"C:program filesjavajre6binjava.exe" -jar "Path to my jar file here"

in addition, the path variable works with other executables too, like say you have put the following path in your path variable

C:Program FilesNetBeans 7.1.1bin

then from any address bar in windows explorer, or even directly from the run command you could type in netbeans.exe (an executable in the aforementioned directory) and windows would start it :D

...my path is going to somewhere in my Nvidia drivers folder. Wat.

...Is it okay to change this? For all I know now this might mess up mu GPU settings

agh... fucking windows 98!! Get Bill Gates in here!

You can have more than one path in that, just separate them with semi-colon. Just like my example one.

And also I can't use the official server jar because that's the new one - it's not on 1.2.5 anymore. TFC compatibility is broken with the latest official release

That link is to the 1.2.5 server jar. Run it and you'll see in the console it reports as version 1.2.5.

Also also, I run minecraft and java off my F: drive, not C. My C drive is solid state, so I try not to put too many write-intensive programs on it

Then change C: blahblahblah"to F:blahblahblah. As I said, that's only for default installs. Since yours isn't default, some modification on your part is required. If you are pointed to the correct directory in your path variable, you should be able to open a command prompt (type "cmd" in Run menu without quotes) and type into the console (once again, without quotes) "java -version" and hit enter. If it's not pointed at the correct folder, it'll come up with "'java' is not recognized as a...." error. Otherwise, it should show you the installed version of java.

Let me know if you can get that server jar to run on double-click and if, when modded, it works.

- added the path

- changed .jars to the one you linked and then reinstalled everything

- removed absolute path from run.bat

Now when I try to run the batch file, a console opens for a split second, closes, and then just nothing happens.

My java version (which works in the command prompt) is 1.7.0_05

and I still get 'invalid or corrupt jarfile' when trying to open a .jar directly

Honestly? Try uninstalling Java 7 and reinstalling Java 6.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

I've had issues with Java 7 mucking up stuff (things will run fine until Java decides for whatever reason that the program is performing an illegal action, which is perfectly permissible and throw errors left and right).

Yo you know you're not supposed to delete the META-INF folder for the server, right? Just the client?

Yo you know you're not supposed to delete the META-INF folder for the server, right? Just the client?

...ahem... -blush-

I uh... I did not know that... as a matter of fact.

um...

...works now. Heh. ^^"

:D Yay!

EDIT: It's worth noting that there's a REASON why I identified your symptoms. :wacko:

:D Yay!

EDIT: It's worth noting that there's a REASON why I identified your symptoms. :wacko:

That being?