Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
capt_slowpoke

Block Heads [0.79]

168 posts in this topic

Here's my personal texture pack, I drew it to go with my other 32x stuff that I've been using, and I'm posting here in case anybody else wants to use it. I've been releasing it on the IRC but this post will serve as a more permanent place to get it from. All vanilla world blocks and sprites are done.

version 79+ compatible

TFcraft world blocks: rocks, ores, trees, dirt, anvils, tables, bloomery, forge, firepit, all world blocks.
Sprites done so far: All items should be done (I think)

needs doing mobs, armours, UI, vanilla flowers. 

download here

Screenshots:
gallery

Rocks

Posted Image
They're all in the same order as the cobble, starting from the top: marble
phyllite, schist, gneiss
basalt, andesite, dacite, quartzite, slate
salt, limestone, conglomerate, dolomite, chert, chalk, rhyolite
granite, diorite, gabbro, siltstone, mudstone, shale, claystone.

Smooth stone and bricks are in that order as read from the top right, right to left and down. raw stone has marble and slate before gneiss.

Ores

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21315217/ore.png
starting in top left: native Cu, native Au, Native Pt, hematite, native Ag, cassiterite,
galena, bismuthininte, garnierite, malachite, magnetite, limonite,
sphalerite, tetrahedrite, Bituminous coal, lignite, kaolinite, gypsum
satinspar, selenite, graphite, kimberlite, petrified wood, sulfur
jet, microcline, pitchblende, cinnabar, cryolite, saltpetre
serpentine, sylvite, borax, olivine, lapis

More images can be found here

Trees

Posted Image

Starting from top left: spruce, sycamore, white cedar, white elm, willow, kapok;
Hickory, maple, ash, pine, sequoiah
oak, aspen, birch, chestnut, douglas fir

Doors

Posted Image
Posted Image

anvlis, tables, and misc stuff:

Posted Image

I do enjoy what this pack looks like, EXCEPT the ores, which at the time of this post, appear rather rushed. I suggest making them a bit smooth, or making the ore look more like ore and less embedded stone.

I do enjoy what this pack looks like, EXCEPT the ores, which at the time of this post, appear rather rushed. I suggest making them a bit smooth, or making the ore look more like ore and less embedded stone.

How so?

The best TFC texture pack. I have been using it as a base as I slowly make my own textures.

The harvested rice item has a few green pixels that shouldn't be there.

Love the rocks ! .. I will be installing this later today I think :)

Alrighty, we gave this pack a try on the server tonight and while I like it it seems a bit too much over the top in your face. I have to say I love most of the crafted items I have seen (I would suggest for the glass that you look into supporting optifine's only border around the edges thingy). I also love the ores and what the trees look like. The fruit tree branches in winter I am attempting to get used to and am looking forward to seeing what they will look like year round.

Overall though the pack seems to contrasting in everything except the ores is the best way I can put it. The stone especially.. I can tell you likely got quite a few images from geology.com/rocks and I want to pick on the Diorite as an example.. The image shown on that website roughly matches what you have done for the block texture. The thing that is getting me though is the resolution. The image on the website is of a piece of rock 5cm in size so the black flecks in it are about 1-2mm whereas the are pretty Huge in the texturepack.

My overall suggestion is to tone down the contrast of things in the pack and make the textures a little less busy. I have to say that is what I really like about the ores. They are very simple but cleanly defined. There is no huge contrasting elements to them.

Anywho, more feedback as I play with the pack more often. Included below are my house with the default textures and your textures just for comparison. I would say tone down the busyness of the wood panels for instance. The edging of the planks is good but the busyness in the planks seems a bit much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Capt_slowpoke, the terrablocks.png is missing 2 tiles, above the scribing table but I don't know what are those. Also, terrablocks2.png is mising 4 tiles, bottom left corner.

And my feedback: For now, Kapok wood looks too much saturated. It looks purple painted instead of natural kapok wood. And why have you made red clay?

This pack looks great, I'll be trying it out soon

thanks for the feedback, I play around with the textures constantly,I don't know what those missing tiles are, they look like a ladder and something else? Either way it doesn't look like they're used. There's a lot of unused assets in the texture files. As for the red clay, I've never seen blue clay before myself. All the clay where I live (and there's a lot of it) is red.

Here's a less contrast version of the woods. Ores and rocks will probably be revisited when I finish plants

Posted Image

rename it to terrablocks.png and replace it in the zip file if you want to check it out

Much better!, but please do the same desaturation to the Kapok support Beam!! :)

Here's a less contrast version of the woods. Ores and rocks will probably be revisited when I finish plants

Posted Image

rename it to terrablocks.png and replace it in the zip file if you want to check it out

Dude, thanks for this and the quick update in IRC.. The new wood plank textures look very nice.. Here is a shot of Oak and Slab to see the difference (The slabs are still the old oak) and it still has all the definition that I like about your texture pack but with a smoothness to it.

Posted Image

Oh very nice! And thank you Crysn for the update pictures :)

I don't use texture packs as a general rule of 'This looks amazing in John Smith but really stupid in vanilla'.

I really want to see what this one looks like and being able to know ore at a glance sounds too good to pass up.

Looks great! but i have one small nit pick with it, the borders of the ores are pretty strong, maybe it's because of the vibrancy of the ores.

Looks great! but i have one small nit pick with it, the borders of the ores are pretty strong, maybe it's because of the vibrancy of the ores.

That's intentional, it's to make them stand out on both light and dark backgrounds, the originals have a huge problem with being invisible on the wrong kind of stone.

Okay, this is the sole reason I don't use texture packs.

LOOK HOW BADASS THIS LOOKS! :D How awesome would this be as a base?!

Posted Image

And... vanilla.

Posted Image

:/ Not so badass.

Anyways, looks like I'm using this texture pack now. Everyone on the server I play on can now look forward to very strange looking color combinations because it's badass on my end. XD

I've put this as the recommended texture pack for my server I like it that much ! Awesome job :D

Good job m8, cant wait to see plants and armor.

Definitely my favorite texture pack so far, keep up the good work :)

great texture pack, keep up the good work. :)

Hey Captian, is there any chance of getting the wood tone down work that you did for the plank textures expanded out to the other wooden objects like slabs stairs and supports? And while the stone is starting to grow on me I do think some of the smooth stones need more definition when smoothed as it is hard to tell them apart from their raw format. Diorite and Gneiss are the ones I can recall off of the top of my head.

And yeah I have to agree with DarkLadyPheonix, normally I only use a texture pack if it mirrors the vanilla so that what I make has some consistency between the packs, but so far I am breaking that rule for this pack. I would however not be against it moving in that direction a bit ;)

That's intentional, it's to make them stand out on both light and dark backgrounds, the originals have a huge problem with being invisible on the wrong kind of stone.

Ah i see, after experiencing the issue of missing ore right above my head, i understand the change, i will be switching to this tomorrow probably, great pack!

Wow. Epic. How did I miss this?!? *installs*

Another request would be to support CTM with the windows and the book shelves and such. I have started trying to do it on my own but I suck at texturing :(