Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sushiy (aka Kwink007)

Huge Mountainrange! No water! beta build 49g

7 posts in this topic

So I figured I'd post the first build 49 seed.

I know there might still be changes soon but whatever I'll post it anyways...

The seed name is "cave"

And you do get caves!!

this is where you spawn (in the valley down there)

Posted Image

About the caves:

I don't know if there are those super awesome UNDERGROUND caves(which is what i was/am looking for), but there is a huge mountainrange pretty close to the spawn (just over a few hills) which is near completly hollow!! it looks awesome for all kind of creative work!!!

standing on the hill next to the spawn:

Posted Image

There height is 250, so it's pretty much the highest you get!

Flyin "next" to it... it goes even deeper...didnt fit the picture...

Posted Image

this is the inside of one of the mountains there is a whole lot more cave around there!!

but this one is particularly high i guess..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

there is also a huge sequoia forest on the backside (seen from the spawn) of the mountains

note: i am not looking at the initial mountainrange..theres another one...or it rather keeps going on...

also: see the fruit tree? ;) go get it:D

Posted Image

and another mounain range on the other side of the spawn with pretty much the same features (also a sequoia forest) but the mountains are not as high..the cave underneath is a bit wider though..

Posted Image

The Seed is not easy to start though. I haven't seen a single source of water yet, and animals are KINDA rare in the initial landscape (i only found a few cows in the sequoia forest)...so farming the few you have might be advisable....because wheat or similar will not grow without water.

There are a few fruit trees spread around the landscape which can also provide food...in the long run...

you have to plan well or go for a longer hunting tour.

Because of the lack of water it is not possible to place sluices in order to look for ore or get starter ores.

The surrounding plains do provide you with enough loose rocks for a few starter tools though.

Here's what i got after two days of rock punching;)

Posted Image

I have confirmed though that there is quite a lot of starter ore (more then a few very large samples of bismuthite and cassiterite scattered IN and UNDER the mountains. So the spawn might turn out to be a cool place to settle already!

A seed for those who want to build a dwarfen fortress into a mountain;))

Like me:D

//sorry for the long post:D

thanks for the post man much appreciated!

i am dying to play the mod with the new terrain gen but my pc is crap and cant manage it and it will be a long time until i finish building my gaming rig

posts like this one help ease the pain a little!

once again thanks... and keep posting your progress or maibe a lets play series...

This world is like mine that I made today. It's full of mountains, it has the sequoias forest and there is no water near the spawn. A bit far there is a new biome that I never saw. It has a strange white-yellow grass, but the biome still says Mountain.

if you want an update as to what one could do with such a mountain;)

here ya go:D It's WIP still..but i figured i might aswell post it already;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you can see what it is...

It's sth similar to the "atlas" of greek mythology, who is carrying earth on his back...

this guy has a shield to support him though...or a plank..or whatever

i've been posting some other statues on the chisel creation thread...but i am making a big plan for sth like this but in a cave and with a lot more of those "atlas" guys.. ;)

This world is like mine that I made today. It's full of mountains, it has the sequoias forest and there is no water near the spawn. A bit far there is a new biome that I never saw. It has a strange white-yellow grass, but the biome still says Mountain.

oh btw. that yellow grass is dry grass which means that ...well theres no water in the area...aaand. i guess the nutrient values will be quite....underground:D

edit.

there can be huuuuuge plains of that stuff..no trees not grass..no water...and i think no animals either..now THAT would suck for a spwan point:D

oh btw. that yellow grass is dry grass which means that ...well theres no water in the area...aaand. i guess the nutrient values will be quite....underground:D

How is it possible? My world gen is crazy...it generated that grass near the sea :o

EDIT:If i remember right, there was another grass. It was of the same type, but it was darker. Yes, always near the sea.

How is it possible? My world gen is crazy...it generated that grass near the sea :o

EDIT:If i remember right, there was another grass. It was of the same type, but it was darker. Yes, always near the sea.

huh..well i guess we must mistake one for the other...im pretty sure bioxx implemented dry grass though...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0