Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
loquid

-10k z???

9 posts in this topic

I recently found TFC and so far am loving the complexity of it all. but one thing that i hate is always spawning in at -10,000 z., and a few times at +/-10,000 x as well. in vanilla i have never spawned this far north or east and west. I understnad that TFC has an equator at 0z as well as poles at +/- 20,000 z, but why does it always spawn me in at -10k z?

also whenever i try to head south (with few exeptions) past -9500 z or so, i run into an ocean that seems to run on forever (i found land once at like -5k adn it was just a huge island with nothing but mountains that went up to like 200+ y) with nothing but small islands here and there. Is this intentional in the world gen or is this an issue that is known and or being worked on?

I imagine it spawns you there for maximum ability to reached the desired climate zone: equidistant from the frozen north or the tropical equatorial regions.

Because it's trying to set you in a decent chunk of the whole world, it's the most moderate location, personally I'd prefer completely random spawns, but once TFC's developed more I hope to be able to run a plugin(if I must) to do so.

In my opinion, the whole "20k from pole to equator" thing is just there to tempt us to add teleporting/fast-travel mods.

In my opinion, the whole "20k from pole to equator" thing is just there to tempt us to add teleporting/fast-travel mods.

Hah, I would hope it's there to get us to use more reliable forms of transportation than walking, Though it'd help to have these more reliable forms of transport first.

I don't know about everybody else, but to me it's really not that far... It takes me little time to get to the equator/pole from spawn..

By the way, if anyone wants to change the default spawn location on their server (to the equator or pole for example), you can do it pretty easily by loading the world up in mcEdit.

The 5th button from the left is for choosing a new spawn location, IIRC.

uh... not at all. Don't be lazy.

I don't know about everybody else, but to me it's really not that far... It takes me little time to get to the equator/pole from spawn..

^This guy knows what he's talking about.

uh... not at all. Don't be lazy.

Well, to be fair, fast travel is already in the game. Laying a rail from pole to pole takes 2500 wrought iron ingots, plus some amount of gold, which is frankly a bit ridiculous. After your build a rail line, the journey from pole to pole will only take 1.5 hours, instead of 4.5. I still can't see making that journey very frequently. There's just nothing of great value along the way.

Adding key objectives at different latitudes could fix the gameplay issues that we're complaining about, but I can't envision what those objectives would be. If the theme of the mod was Ernest Shackleton's Heroic Polar Expedition, then you could hide key items for the journey in caches along the way, but that strays quite far from the current direction of the mod.

I have wandered thousands of meters in version 49/50, and I do love seeing the terrain change, but not enough to focus on it. After playing the mod through several times, I feel comfortable cheating on transportation speed when playing single player.