Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kreicus

[TFC B72] MAtmos Configurations

24 posts in this topic

UPDATED FOR MATMOS R20, MC 1.4.5, TFC B72

"MAtmos is a sound atmosphere generator for Minecraft. Whenever you play on any multiplayer server or in singleplayer, it looks at your surroundings and generates natural noises as a soundscape, such as birds chirpling in the forest, rumbling noises near a lava lake or wind gusts on a hilltop. This fills out the perpetual silence of Minecraft." - From the MAtmos Website:

http://ha3.eu/public...ods/matmos.html

However, there are many configurations to get MAtmos to work well with all the new TFC items and landscape.

This guide will give you instructions on how to get it working with TFC...

Prerequisites: Download and Install MAtmos (Instructions on the mod website)

Step 1: Download the attached file.

Step 2: Extract file into the folder: .minecraft/matmos/

Step 3: Launch game, Press F7 to get to MAtmos menu

Step 4: Reduce volume of earthlies_database.xml all the way to disable.

Any questions, ask below.

-Kreicus

matmos.zip

Woot. MAtmos is one thing I really missed when I started doing TFCraft

This is great work Kreicus! Did you put together the DB files?

Thanks.

I used the Matmos designer program, worked pretty well.

(I actually did this some time ago for TFC editing the XML mostly and double checking/editing in the designer program, this time around I did it all in the designer program and used my own file as reference, so it's much cleaner)

Can't hear the birds or the crikets just wind blowing :S

Nevermind i made it work... thou my game crashed while testing... i will test some more tomorrrow, need to sleep have fun :)

Thanks a lot for this, i love this mod and its even better with matmos.

I not sure if it's only me, but when I installed it, I removed it after 5 min.

There is a really annoying crazy strong wind sound, no matter where am I (even when home), I hear this repetitive wind sound (about 3 sec long and then repeat), and it's giving you a really bad headache.

Does this happens the anyone else?

My house have a chimney, and about 16 blocks below it I still hear the crazy wind (something is really wrong with their calculations), I know there should be different sounds but I only hear crazy wind and underwater.

There is another way to have Matmos working whitout the howling wind.

1 - DL and install Matmos

2 - DL MSI : Minecraft sound improvment (http://www.minecraft...t-custom-music/)

3 - follow the install.txt in MSI

Enjoy !

missed that one, gonna try.

vladp995,

Did you follow step 4? Reduce the volume of the original file to 0? The wind you're hearing is the high elevation sound effect, this only plays at a certain height, high up in the mountains for vanilla, but sea level for TFC. I changed this value in my file, but unless you disable the original file you'll be hearing both.

There is another way to have Matmos working whitout the howling wind.

1 - DL and install Matmos

2 - DL MSI : Minecraft sound improvment (http://www.minecraft...t-custom-music/)

3 - follow the install.txt in MSI

Enjoy !

The action sounds from that link should work, but the biome specific sounds wont because they're using vanilla grass/dirt/stone, my file uses all the TFC item ID's. So using the above link alone wont work unless you are able to combine that with mine.

The action sounds from that link should work, but the biome specific sounds wont because they're using vanilla grass/dirt/stone, my file uses all the TFC item ID's. So using the above link alone wont work unless you are able to combine that with mine.

When using only your files, the sound seem to cut a lot.

Tried using MSI with your files together, works well for now :)

Glad its working out for you then! :) (Though I still don't know how :P)

I didn't want to offense you. Sorry.

I just share my experience. I didn't know about the biome specific sounds.

So i apologize and wil give a try to your file :)

I didn't want to offense you. Sorry.

I just share my experience. I didn't know about the biome specific sounds.

So i apologize and wil give a try to your file :)

No need, you didnt offend. Whatever works for whoever is what they should be doing, I just offer this as one solution.

To clarify more though,...from what I understand of Matmos, the sounds are generated based on a few different factors:

• events happening like day, night, swimming, riding in a minecart, etc...
  • location, such as elevation and in site of the sky, etc..
  • and amount of block ID's in the surrounding area's
For example, with the block ID's, To create the ocean/beach sound, Matmos will scan the surrounding blocks and if there is the correct amount of sand and water it will play the correct sound. Till recently, sand and water was still vanilla, but TFC has new sand so this Matmos file will have to scan for this new block rather then the now missing Vanilla sand block (I actually dont think I updated this file for the new sand! :().

This works for all the different biome types, with forests it will check if there are leaves near by and play forest sounds, however I believe the leaves use the same vanilla ID, just with additional damage values, so I dont think I needed to change this. So there is no specific 'play this in this biome' sound check, its more of a play this if these blocks are near you.

Many of the TFC blocks just add on additional damage values and have the same ID, so they may still work. But new blocks needed to be added. There is a check to see if you are in a built structure, so it wont play nature sounds. To do this it checks all the 'built blocks' and there were many i had to add in (all the rock types) to keep it working right.

Regarding the wind, the vanilla matmos played a light wind sound at elevation 72 i believe, and a high wind at elevation 96 or so. These are both below sea level in TFC, so I raised this number so the wind plays at higher elevations. Same works for the deep underground sounds.

Hope this explains some of it. I dont have the designer on this PC to really give good examples.

Ahh I was wondering why I had that wind 24/7 in TFC but that makes sense thanks!

Will give it a shot tonight as I love TFC but the constant howling wind while initially therapeutic (Reminded me of 2300AD in Chrono Trigger) is starting to grate after a week :)

Gopher hijack.

I was thinking about expanding this sound libraries a bit, and I would appreciate your help in doing this. So far I have only one thing on the agenda - adding more bird sounds, so each one in particular isn't that common and annoying.

So, let's see - what "birds" I should look into and where should I place them in the world?

I dont know what im doing wrong here but um... I turned off the earthliess but theres no birds and what not. or is it supposed to be like that?

I dont know what im doing wrong here but um... I turned off the earthliess but theres no birds and what not. or is it supposed to be like that?

things are a little different with 1.6.2 .... i got it to work after a fashion but im not sure if the old xml files will work. i left the earthlies up and just set the config to  0=175,1=220. so i get the wind effects properly and still get biome sound triggers .... but i havent noticed the birds

im wondering if its just because of the different trees, or because the biomes are different

I might have looked into it further, but other commitments make that not an option atm

things are a little different with 1.6.2 .... i got it to work after a fashion but im not sure if the old xml files will work. i left the earthlies up and just set the config to  0=175,1=220. so i get the wind effects properly and still get biome sound triggers .... but i havent noticed the birds

im wondering if its just because of the different trees, or because the biomes are different

I might have looked into it further, but other commitments make that not an option atm

ok Ill try that where are the configs.

i think its just a small file in the zip wth those 2 values in it .... normally 0=72,1=96

just change to 0=175,1=220

Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty old topic, but I hope somebody will read this. ;)

I've started playing TFC some days ago (an awesome mod btw :D) and now I wanted to use MAtmos.

When I got the howling wind all the time, I found this topic.

I tried extracting Kreicus files into the folder .minecraft/matmos/ and turning down earthlies_database.xml.

The problem is: Now I don't get any other sounds like chirping birds, waves at the shore etc.

(I still get sounds when I'm underwater or running though)

Does anyone know a solution?

I thought maybe that Kreicus files are a little outdated, since this was posted almost 2 years ago...

When I tried dropping the files into .minecraft/mods/matmos/  instead of .minecraft/matmos/ it still didn't work...

I noticed that Matmos uses the name expansions_r25 for a folder at some point, while Kreicus files use the name expansions_r12 (maybe that can help...? :unsure: )

At the moment I'm using:

- TFC-0.78.17

- MAtmos_r26__1_6_4

So that's it, if somebody could help me, that would be awesome! :)

Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty old topic, but I hope somebody will read this. ;)

I've started playing TFC some days ago (an awesome mod btw :D) and now I wanted to use MAtmos.

When I got the howling wind all the time, I found this topic.

I tried extracting Kreicus files into the folder .minecraft/matmos/ and turning down earthlies_database.xml.

The problem is: Now I don't get any other sounds like chirping birds, waves at the shore etc.

(I still get sounds when I'm underwater or running though)

Does anyone know a solution?

I thought maybe that Kreicus files are a little outdated, since this was posted almost 2 years ago...

When I tried dropping the files into .minecraft/mods/matmos/  instead of .minecraft/matmos/ it still didn't work...

I noticed that Matmos uses the name expansions_r25 for a folder at some point, while Kreicus files use the name expansions_r12 (maybe that can help...? :unsure: )

At the moment I'm using:

- TFC-0.78.17

- MAtmos_r26__1_6_4

So that's it, if somebody could help me, that would be awesome! :)

You need to edit the xml files to associate TFC blocks to their matmos environments (sand blocks to beaches, etc). I haven't done this myself yet.

Thank you for your fast answer,

some short questions:

- didn't Kreicus associate the right blocks in his files? At least I thought that's what the files were for...

- Are the relevant xml files named: earthlies_database.xml , interactions_environments.xml etc.?

Unfortunately I don't know anything about mod coding or xml files, otherwise I would try to fix the block issue...

Maybe you could give me a brief explanation of what I have to do... :unsure: