Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Srgnoodles

Tropical Island Biome Suggestion

40 posts in this topic

But... but... *points at Eternal* he said turtle shell tools ;3;

and turtle shells can make tools

I only want a turtle shell sword...

But... but... *points at Eternal* he said turtle shell tools ;3;

I only want a turtle shell sword...

well not those kind of tools, its not like you're going to make a pickaxe out of a turtle shell, maybe a knife or something but not tools like the metal ones

My only concern is my server runs constantly so to me it seems like a bigger deal then maybe if I wasn't running a server. Sorry if I offended anyone by using the word cancer. I just don't want my world to be need a reset after running it for 6 months. The rest of this thread is just mind-boggling awesome. We will need better boats to reach our tropical paradise. :)

My only concern is my server runs constantly so to me it seems like a bigger deal then maybe if I wasn't running a server. Sorry if I offended anyone by using the word cancer. I just don't want my world to be need a reset after running it for 6 months. The rest of this thread is just mind-boggling awesome. We will need better boats to reach our tropical paradise. :)

well i personally dont like the whole volcano's causinng spreading islands,

sure we can have volcanic islands like hawaii or something like that, but just dont make thme spread, thats just too much

next we'll try to start simulating continental drift if we keep this up

sure we can have volcanic islands like hawaii or something like that, but just dont make thme spread, thats just too much

next we'll try to start simulating continental drift if we keep this up

I actually thought about how that would work, mechanically, in Minecraft on my way home. Notably not for TFC, but for Mystcraft (see: Riven, and how it was structured and changed over time). I didn't come to a satisfying conclusion.

Could always just make volcanos a random event off shore and near coastlines, when they occur they would unleash lava or magma that would cool into stone and dirt. Instead of making them adding a random block every so often, just a sudden eruption (like a volcano >_>) followed by a period of dormancy. The event would only occur a fixed number of times (set at spawning of the chunk) after which is would be a dead volcano, and potentially a new island.

I don't think they should occur on already spawned chunks that spawned without them, otherwise they might crop up quite a bit and since the chunks spawned most often are the one where people live, they'd be a gigantic pain in the ass for anyone not planning on being a magma-fleeing-nomad.

they'd be a gigantic pain in the ass

pretty much the only part i cared about in that post

no offence to you, but i just really dont want volcanoes to be an "occurance" volcanoes dont just go like pop hay ima volcano

if theres going to be volcanoes, make them a generated structure on some islands, basalt mountains with lava inside and pouring out of them

pretty much the only part i cared about in that post

no offence to you, but i just really dont want volcanoes to be an "occurance" volcanoes dont just go like pop hay ima volcano

if theres going to be volcanoes, make them a generated structure on some islands, basalt mountains with lava inside and pouring out of them

Like Red Power.

(It's Red Power that adds volcaoes, right? Or was it IndustrialCraft? Buildcraft? Crap. Whicheveroneitwas.)

Those kind of volcanoes I could get behind.

Er, on top of. Yes. On. Top. Of.

I love the idea, but maybe "biome" it's not the word you meant to say... remember this?

Unless there is already a TFC term for the biomes, more close to the real meaning... or unless you were referring to the real meaning :P

Yeah, just wanted to point out, or instead of posting i would have had to like your post ._.

The word biome being redefined does not mean biomes have ceased existing, it just means the term has shifted meaning slightly.

As for the topic of tropical islands, I definitely would like to see more islands, tropical or not. Specially generated island chains affected by latitude would be really cool, as we could have tropical islands along with arctic iceberg-esque islands. With current terrain generation, it's hard to find islands that actually feel like islands, and this has always disappointed me.

Someone said that Steve is a castaway...And if you can find his boat or ship adrift in an island?

Like Red Power.

(It's Red Power that adds volcaoes, right? Or was it IndustrialCraft? Buildcraft? Crap. Whicheveroneitwas.)

Those kind of volcanoes I could get behind.

Er, on top of. Yes. On. Top. Of.

It is Red Power.

Someone said that Steve is a castaway...And if you can find his boat or ship adrift in an island?

well it never really specifies if you had a boat in the first place, seeing as you dont always spawn on the coast, you more just wake up in the middle of nowhere with nothing and no memory of how you got there

well it never really specifies if you had a boat in the first place, seeing as you dont always spawn on the coast, you more just wake up in the middle of nowhere with nothing and no memory of how you got there

I think it was Eternal that said Steve is a castaway in another topic. If I remember right.

In the tropics can live also a bunch of species of parrots, that you can tame or eat. They can drop colorful feathers that you can use to decor your home, your armors or simply make arrows.

I think it was Eternal that said Steve is a castaway in another topic. If I remember right.

In the tropics can live also a bunch of species of parrots, that you can tame or eat. They can drop colorful feathers that you can use to decor your home, your armors or simply make arrows.

lol yes it was me, but that's not quite the kind of castaway I meant at the time.

I meant that he's a loner, afraid and confused in a new world he knows nothing about, helpless as a newborn that can punch stuff. I did NOT mean that he has a bloody volleyball named Wilson.

...he's a loner, afraid and confused in a new world he knows nothing about...

If that is true, Steve is having a lot of fun.