Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abculatter_2

Hidden Fun Stuff

152 posts in this topic

Random extremely rare special music box that has the texture of a smiley face. This block will spawn underneath the base of a tree and only one that is spawned during world gen, like in place of the dirt under the tree. Harvesting the tree, or the dirt at the base of the tree is really the only way to find this block. I was thinking it could play something like "don't worry, be happy" but maybe there are copyright issues there. When your char interacts with the block it will play the song.

I think it would be a neat hidden item in the game because its a nice little reminder to smile and be happy.

how about a chest that spawns in the wilderness, with a single stick inside of it. It's a stick in a box!

Every single holiday...

If the meteors idea ever makes it in, you could always make this somewhat rare event even more rarely spawn random vanilla blocks instead of useful ore. Nothing useful, but it would basically show how vanilla is something of another world.

On the subject of hidden things, how about a very rare chance of coming across a mountain with 14 to 15 Hole like cave houses that a early civilization lived in before they died out, Maybe some sort of cave painting to give a clue about some hidden supplies, or to tell a tale of how to defeat an enemy effectively, or a better way to grow crops. What i'm suggesting here is a rare chance to come across something that used to be in this world but is now gone, a chance to take in the mood of " I wonder who or what used to live here? And what made them disappear?"

This is also a good way to give hints at certain aspects of the mod that you just want players to figure out for themselves i guess.

This also gives me a badass place to live until I've got the materials to make my own tower.

Seeing as it seemed to garner some positive feedback in its own topic, I would suggest meteorite strewn fields and impact craters with rare metal deposits as a fun easter egg in world generation. Not something very common, but a nice rare find on a map here and there. The OP was set on Adamantine of Dwarf Fortress's design but all things considered has anyone looked at the real-world metal counterparts to the legendary metals of mythology? Adamantine, Mithril, Orichalcum, in their various spellings and forms are generally based around very rare metals that are found in either strewn fields or in other odd geological formations. If you were to insert a metal that would be the stuff of legends, it would probably be something that fell from the sky, like Iridium, because otherwise it would be something found on a more regular basis if it were naturally formed within the terrafirmacraft world or whatever planet you speak of. Mind you, a lot of these metals have very high melting points so you'd almost have to introduce a hotter forge or bloomery using magma or something...

As for something that would be fun to find unrelated to space rocks, what about variations on the existing mobs? With the Wither boss there are also Wither skeletons, just as there are cave spiders as a variation to spiders and now in vanilla zombie villagers as a counterpart to normal zombies... why not introduce some new slime types?

Even still, what about rare-to-find peaceful mobs that spoof as stalagmites or stalagtites and move around like crabs when a player isn't looking at them?

This also gives me a badass place to live until I've got the materials to make my own tower.

:P Sounds good to me too, But there wont be much there just a bunch of stone age tools with a bunch of skeletons scattered around and lots of cave paintings, i wouldn't hang around too long to see what made those skeletons, But i doubt they'll add the super secret thing that killed them all. dat dragon is a beast i tell you.

On the subject of hidden things, how about a very rare chance of coming across a mountain with 14 to 15 Hole like cave houses that a early civilization lived in before they died out, Maybe some sort of cave painting to give a clue about some hidden supplies, or to tell a tale of how to defeat an enemy effectively, or a better way to grow crops. What i'm suggesting here is a rare chance to come across something that used to be in this world but is now gone, a chance to take in the mood of " I wonder who or what used to live here? And what made them disappear?"

This is also a good way to give hints at certain aspects of the mod that you just want players to figure out for themselves i guess.

While that sounds cool, I think it's a little big for what Dunk is looking for.

Even still, what about rare-to-find peaceful mobs that spoof as stalagmites or stalagtites and move around like crabs when a player isn't looking at them?

This would be creeper-chasing-you-but-you-only-catch-glimpses disconcerting and awesome.

While that sounds cool, I think it's a little big for what Dunk is looking for.

I kinda figured, Oh well, im not a big easter egg type of guy but what about some random dead adventurer that spawns really really REALLY rare ( it doesnt have to be a big entity just a rib cage or a head or something that works like a inventory) that has a random note that gives you a hint on some secret part of the mod, or a broken tool that has no use at the moment but may be usefull if repaired correctly with black bronze to give an upper hand on a legendary beast or something.

I can see many insane miners coming up babbling from the caves, convinced that "the rocks move down there!"

I kinda figured

I just think it doesn't quite fit in this thread, it would be awesome for an ancient ruin, and could be cool as one of the talked about crypts for hostile mob spawning.

-moved to post above this one-

EDIT: GAH!!! I double posted, sorry, forgot i had posted here a few minutes ago. >.<

I can see many insane miners coming up babbling from the caves, convinced that "the rocks move down there!"

Imagine someone doing a let's play and using the stalagmites and stalagtites as landmarks... only to find them moved. If this sort of thing gets implemented, hopefully the folks doing LPs won't read this topic right away and we can see their confusion first-hand before.

I just think it doesn't quite fit in this thread, it would be awesome for an ancient ruin, and could be cool as one of the talked about crypts for hostile mob spawning.

EDIT: GAH!!! I double posted, sorry, forgot i had posted here a few minutes ago. >.<

Ah well, maybe somebody will salvage that idea and make something cool out of it, or not, Either way everybody has great ideas coming down the chute.

Imagine someone doing a let's play and using the stalagmites and stalagtites as landmarks... only to find them moved. If this sort of thing gets implemented, hopefully the folks doing LPs won't read this topic right away and we can see their confusion first-hand before.

On one hand, this gives the impression we are not in a real life-like world.

On the other, we will have dragons and a nether replacement, so this is obviously not a real life like world.

So, how 'bout, you can sometimes find sapling-like creatures whcih look like a sapling from any of the trees around, and chases you around when you don't look at it? And when it comes close enough, makes some scary random noise and teleport to a random spot which has the same kind of trees.

Basically the same? yes and no, it's a creature disguised as a natural world occurance, but this one chases the player and don't just moves around.

Also, maybe the stalactite and stalagmites crabs could make some crabby noises when near them, so you can tell they are there, but not which one is. And if you hit them, they fall of the roof -if they were there- and start to fight back :3

Ents or Dryads as well might be a fun thing at that... occasionally a tree that fights back as you're pruning it for sticks.

I believe the stalagmites/stalactites and sapling idea are the same thing, it's called a mimic. These would help fill the creepy gap the creepers being moved or removed would create. Mimics should only show up outside of caves during the night, possibly during the rain as it's extra dark.

I believe the stalagmites/stalactites and sapling idea are the same thing, it's called a mimic. These would help fill the creepy gap the creepers being moved or removed would create. Mimics should only show up outside of caves during the night, possibly during the rain as it's extra dark.

Or you could throw in the classical mimic... I like the idea of the stalagcrabs being passive, personally, immune to falling damage, If you are going to have something called a mimic I would expect something like a mob disguised as a chest that would use some sort of pattern-finding method of spoofing itself as a chest in places where there are chests placed by users in low traffic mines. Then you try to open it up and it goes berserk and starts trying to eat you and such.

Or you could throw in the classical mimic... I like the idea of the stalagcrabs being passive, personally, immune to falling damage, If you are going to have something called a mimic I would expect something like a mob disguised as a chest that would use some sort of pattern-finding method of spoofing itself as a chest in places where there are chests placed by users in low traffic mines. Then you try to open it up and it goes berserk and starts trying to eat you and such.

Posted Image

Dat mimic.

Terrifying, but spot on. I still think mimics as things other than chests is better from a freak-the-heck-out-didn't-see-that-coming aspect.

Terrifying, but spot on. I still think mimics as things other than chests is better from a freak-the-heck-out-didn't-see-that-coming aspect.

i think it should mimic ores. I would be scared senseless if i started mining and all of the sudden the cassiterite i was mining came alive and payed its sweet sweet revenge.

Edit: boy did this train of thought derail fast.

Okay, this mimic things are getting a little out of control : they are not precisely "small". Someone should make a new thread for them.

Okay, this mimic things are getting a little out of control : they are not precisely "small". Someone should make a new thread for them.

Im really not a big fan of mimics or new monsters, I think while randomly mining you can come across a rare artifact, (Comes outta lets say Granite at a very very very low spawn chance) And if you right click on the artifact a message pops up. Something like " There are strange markings on this artifact, But it is too dirty to read" So you right click on water with artifact in hand and it'll give you a hint like " Stab it in the back when it comes off the track" or " Rain Rain Come this way, Make crops grow better this day." What it does is give you a random hint on some sort of hidden thing in the mod that will help you out. (Yes i know i've said this idea so many times i'm just trying to simplify it so it isn't so hard to code) Maybe a strange seed that rarely pops out of purple tinted grass in the swamp. The seeds are a dark shade of purple that grow into nightshade or some sort of deadly poison plant, when added to a javelin it can be used to posion dangerous animals and other humans. ooga booga baby.

Im really not a big fan of mimics or new monsters, I think while randomly mining you can come across a rare artifact, (Comes outta lets say Granite at a very very very low spawn chance) And if you right click on the artifact a message pops up. Something like " There are strange markings on this artifact, But it is too dirty to read" So you right click on water with artifact in hand and it'll give you a hint like " Stab it in the back when it comes off the track" or " Rain Rain Come this way, Make crops grow better this day." What it does is give you a random hint on some sort of hidden thing in the mod that will help you out. (Yes i know i've said this idea so many times i'm just trying to simplify it so it isn't so hard to code) Maybe a strange seed that rarely pops out of purple tinted grass in the swamp. The seeds are a dark shade of purple that grow into nightshade or some sort of deadly poison plant, when added to a javelin it can be used to posion dangerous animals and other humans.

... Right... remind me, what has that to do with mimics?

If you were suggesting for a secret fun thing to be aded in the game, no. As Dunk said, it musn't be necesary at all, it can't be an entire new feature, it must be something small. That's everything except small. And also, even if we are not in a real-life like world, we aren't in a RPG either, and finding a lost artifact from a misterious origin is pretty much an RPG element. It must be hidden, too; tell me what's sneaky about purple grass in the middle of dark-green grass from a swamp.

... Right... remind me, what has that to do with mimics?

If you were suggesting for a secret fun thing to be aded in the game, no. As Dunk said, it musn't be necesary at all, it can't be an entire new feature, it must be something small. That's everything except small. And also, even if we are not in a real-life like world, we aren't in a RPG either, and finding a lost artifact from a misterious origin is pretty much an RPG element. It must be hidden, too; tell me what's sneaky about purple grass in the middle of dark-green grass from a swamp.

This has nothing to do with mimics. All i really want is just a way where new players can get a hint on some thing , im not really asking for any secret fun thing, it would be nice for a way for a new player to learn some new things without having to constantly pop up the wiki to figure it out, Your right about the grass though. Anyways it really doesn't really matter anyway, it is a suggestion after all.