Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azdoine

Why Suggestions Suck

14 posts in this topic

So here's the deal: about a quarter of the threads in this subforum are copies of an older, more obvious idea. Noobs will be noobs and won't search well enough.

Don't repeat an old thread. Plz.

Yet more threads will be about changing TFCraft, but it's a WORK IN PROGRESS. Most of what you see will be changed somehow in the future. Wait for a more or less finished feature before you suggest how to improve it.

A lot of the threads are just tweaks that belong in their own metathread.

Most suggestions seem to be a cool idea without much actual purpose, but a lot of made-up justification.

Try to think of an interesting gameplay mechanic, then a way to implement it.

... This isn't a suggestion, you know.

If the intention of the post was to be readed by newbies... well, most of them missed the all 4 sticky posts, and the search bar. What makes you think they are gonna look at this one?

If it was just a critic to this section... Well, you see, most of it's contents indeed ARE copies of older posts. And you can even take shit out of the bit that isn't. However, most of those threads had the simple purpose to improve TFC. And some of them, in fact, achieved that -like the thread about sand/dirt piles-. It's a sacrifice that's needed for the mod not to take a wrong direction because of the lack of users feed back -which i'm not saying it would inmediatly take without this subforum-.

So here's the deal: about a quarter of the threads in this subforum are copies of an older, more obvious idea. Noobs will be noobs and won't search well enough.

Don't repeat an old thread. Plz.

Yet more threads will be about changing TFCraft, but it's a WORK IN PROGRESS. Most of what you see will be changed somehow in the future. Wait for a more or less finished feature before you suggest how to improve it.

A lot of the threads are just tweaks that belong in their own metathread.

Most suggestions seem to be a cool idea without much actual purpose, but a lot of made-up justification.

Try to think of an interesting gameplay mechanic, then a way to implement it.

Posted Image

Maybe the suggestions don't suck, maybe YOU suck.

We are not making this personal.

In general, you haven't made a very good impression on these forums. Maybe you're joking, but aren't you being quite a bit negative?

Lighten up az, that was funny. And he is right you know, you're being negative I the extreme.

Lighten up az, that was funny. And he is right you know, you're being negative I the extreme.

well i really dont think saying people suck is funny, but yeah you were overreacting a bit adzione, nnot sure if you were joking tho

Enhh, That one comment wasn't a big deal, but it's just one part of a trend.

You remember Stupid Ideas, right?

Enhh, That one comment wasn't a big deal, but it's just one part of a trend.

You remember Stupid Ideas, right?

oh dear god i'd rather not think about that rubbish heap of disgusting grossnes, mangled up in tangled up knotts

Lawlz, I see I have many friends on this forum.

oh dear god i'd rather not think about that rubbish heap of disgusting grossnes, mangled up in tangled up knotts

And the Grinch reference was understood

this thread is amazing thank you for enlightening us OP

Your sarcasm is delicious.

a way to fix all the re posting, at least the ones caused by those who care at all to do even a little reading before posting( yes I know this won't solve the problem but I do not seek to solve the problem only to decrease the magnitude of the problem), is to make a thread that lists the ideas that have been sugested and rejected, at least the ones that might be suggested again, and why the link to the relevant threads.

and a post that lists the current plans for improving the already implemented features and the relevant threads

and a post of suggestions or proposed features that are being worked on for implementation and the relevant thread(if the rest of this is ignored please at least do this one so that we can actually know what is going to be implemented without having to read all the posts)

yes its a lot of work but so is sifting through all the posts ever made on this forum before posting. if you want someone else to work you have to too

plus getting designated people to improve the forums and not simply lock or sticky threads would be a really good idea

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0