Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsb23

Metal blocks

82 posts in this topic

I know this isn't a great suggestion and is pretty much worthless for survival mode, it is just something quick for creative.

Simply allow ingots to be somehow welded/melted together to create a metal block (I guessed about fifty ingots per block). Once more nobody would make this survival except for excess storage. However many people like metal decorations regardless of reflectivity (which I don't know if that is within our ability).

First allow a metal sheet be welded together with another sheet and an ingot to create a metal plate (placeable) and then just make double plate, triple plate, etc by continued welding.

I believe that metal should be able to be worked into decor and world objects. Specifically, with the intent of lightning rods(and my proposed changes to lightning and fire)

Exactly, it would look really nice. And since metal can't be shaped so easily in these times we could put in the engraving idea if everyone still wanted that.

if you can create metal fences/doors and walls will be nice too, in that way:

bronze metal fence can only be broken with an bronze tool or superior .

red metal fence can only be broken with an red tool or superior.

this can help to build secure places, like vaults for markets stands.

50?! why not 9 double ingots...

Just a size estimate if I figured it would be about that much assuming the size of the ingot. But sure nine doubles is perfectly fine with me.

50?! why not 9 double ingots...

because 3x3 crafting grids are just too square, daddy-o

Disagree with 50 tho - more like 10

Why not a hollow block made from six metal sheets? vanilla Iron blocks are implied by the texture to be hollow anyway.

You could fill in the center with dirt or rock to make a heavier / more durable to creepsplosions block.

why not over think this and stick with vanillas single ingot 9-1 scheme? Keep it simple and familiar. Also, more fun.

Personally I would lean towards the recipe of six metal sheets with a wooden planks block

Posted Image

Why not a hollow block made from six metal sheets? vanilla Iron blocks are implied by the texture to be hollow anyway.

You could fill in the center with dirt or rock to make a heavier / more durable to creepsplosions block.

Posted Image

So those lines imply hollowness? Why not: bars stacked on top of each other?

I know this isn't a great suggestion and is pretty much worthless for survival mode, it is just something quick for creative.

Simply allow ingots to be somehow welded/melted together to create a metal block (I guessed about fifty ingots per block). Once more nobody would make this survival except for excess storage. However many people like metal decorations regardless of reflectivity (which I don't know if that is within our ability).

First allow a metal sheet be welded together with another sheet and an ingot to create a metal plate (placeable) and then just make double plate, triple plate, etc by continued welding.

FIST BUMP! i always have literally a hundred bars of ignots with nothing to really use them for expect make more tools and get even more ore. lol i would like some black steel floors( after the month it takes to finally make steel. lol)

something to look forward too. :D

tip for prospecting(in case you need it) bring ladders, mine and scan until you have found very large samples of the ore, then find were the border of the samples change between four directions, go as close to the middle as you can and go straight up or down using the ladders and torches til you find to ore(this is a tip not a detail how-to guide so sorry if i may have left anything out)

because 3x3 crafting grids are just too square, daddy-o

Disagree with 50 tho - more like 10

TOO SQUARE?!?!? its Minecraft bro, square is how it is.

why not a metal table with a 4X4(18) crafting grid using instead of nine double ignots it take metal sheets, and using 18 metal sheets you get 8 metal slabs that you can stack and chisel to your hearts desire. just a suggestion.

the metal table could be made like AlloftheSquids depiction of the block idea but instead it would make the table.

TOO SQUARE?!?!? its Minecraft bro, square is how it is.

it's ok, I wouldn't really expect a 12 year old to get 1950s slang anyway

it's ok, I wouldn't really expect a 12 year old to get 1950s slang anyway

its okay, i wouldn't expect you to totally miss my own 1950's slang for square, so before you start acting like you are some 50 year old(which is fine if you actually are) just stop being hatefull, please you really are doing nothing but cause trouble and i would respect you more you acted your age

Posted Image

So those lines imply hollowness? Why not: bars stacked on top of each other?

they represent corrugation, implying that the blocks are made of corrugated metal sheets

-personally i miss the old smooth iron block-

they represent corrugation, implying that the blocks are made of corrugated metal sheets

-personally i miss the old smooth iron block-

i could go with either one, smooth or corrugated. i think the smooth type with the ability to engrave would be pretty cool though.

i could go with either one, smooth or corrugated. i think the smooth type with the ability to engrave would be pretty cool though.

no in a past version of minsraft, the iron blocks didnt have that corrugation, and i liked building with them much better, i think they just look silly now

no in a past version of minsraft, the iron blocks didnt have that corrugation, and i liked building with them much better, i think they just look silly now

ohhhhh, i thought you meant for this mod, my apologies

Alright, so fifty was way too much I get it :rolleyes: . The point of it being stacked sheets instead of hollow was just to allow different sized blocks. These are mostly decoration after all. What if we melted them and then molded them in a large ceramic mold would that even work?

... How would you make a big enough ceramic mold to hold all that metal at once?

And also, how would you pass the metal from the gigantic mold to normal molds?

In other words... Yeah, let's say they are a storage block for the metals. How do you get the metal back in a believable way?

I do like this idea, but if i made a house out of black steel, and then found nickel, i would like to be able to melt back the black steel into ingots, instead of going iron-hunting.

... How would you make a big enough ceramic mold to hold all that metal at once?

And also, how would you pass the metal from the gigantic mold to normal molds?

In other words... Yeah, let's say they are a storage block for the metals. How do you get the metal back in a believable way?

I do like this idea, but if i made a house out of black steel, and then found nickel, i would like to be able to melt back the black steel into ingots, instead of going iron-hunting.

Let's face it. If you make a house out of black steel, you have too much Iron anyhow.

Let's face it. If you make a house out of black steel, you have too much Iron anyhow.

Lol, never thought about that. Still, my point stands. At least in minecraft, a storage block is a block that you can make out of the materials you want to store, and can be made back in those materials. So, how you turn back a metal block into ingots while keeping believability?

Uh... Ingot piles, or you can throw it in the bloomery to melt it back down, perhaps?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0