Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gekkey Mathews

Oil! [not petroleum]

82 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find it.

Oil was extremely useful to early civilization. It was pretty much essential to cooking past open fires, and it allowed people to have lit homes (for a stick on fire will only last an hour at most, while an oiled cloth will last days, and lanterns can last weeks). If this isn't planned as a part of the agriculture updates, I would seriously suggest including it.

I am generally in favor of nonpolar hydrocarbons being implemented.

As long as it doesn't become Tekkit or something I'm fine with the idea in moderation.

As long as it doesn't become Tekkit or something I'm fine with the idea in moderation.

no he's not talking about crude oil, he's talking about oil from animal fats and oils like that,

oils that are used for cooking, lantern fuel, torches, and other things like that

I am, of course, referring to oil, as in of Olive or rendered animal fats. Organic Oils, not Mineral Oils (such as petroleum or Crude Oil).

I like this, very much. How does one go about getting oils from a fatty animal or an olive? What is the process we would need to do?

I like this, very much. How does one go about getting oils from a fatty animal or an olive? What is the process we would need to do?

well for olive oil, you just crush the olives and collect the oily residue

animal fats usually have to be "rendered" off of the meat by cooking or boiling

You know this would be awesome, because then we could do this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

On a serious note, I am in complete and absolute favor of olive oil. I think it might be the Greek in me coming out, but i want to smother everything in olive oil!!!

Posted Image

and thus the theme for the rest of this thread was set

You avi seems to be broken, Srg, i can't see it...

Also,

Posted Image

WTF is that?!?!

You avi seems to be broken, Srg, i can't see it...

Also,

WTF is that?!?!

yeah i've been having trouble trying to get my new pic up

and that, is all your hopes and dreams combined into one picture

WTF is that?!?!

Rafiki Deen and Simbutter

It would be interesting to see mineral oils within the mod as well, though i am totally in support of rendering oils from animal products for lighting and other uses.

on a side note

if you do use build craft with this mod, the build craft oil spawns at the old ground lvl

any ideas as to how to change that ?

It would be interesting to see mineral oils within the mod as well, though i am totally in support of rendering oils from animal products for lighting and other uses.

on a side note

if you do use build craft with this mod, the build craft oil spawns at the old ground lvl

but honestly, mineral oil didnt have much of a use untill combustion engines were invented,

except maybe pouring hot tar on invaders -hehehe-

Actually, the first internal combustion engines used what today is called 'green' fuels. They didnt actually use crude until later after people discovered how to refine it. Then there was some ad campaign or something that made it popular.

Actually, the first internal combustion engines used what today is called 'green' fuels. They didnt actually use crude until later after people discovered how to refine it. Then there was some ad campaign or something that made it popular.

buut i still dont think combustion engines are within our timeframe, so your point is moot

on a side note

Although I really am into working with oil ingame since I'm petroleum engineer, I don't know how it could fit TFC. Even if combustion engines are just the tip of the iceberg of its uses. It was used to build the walls and tower of Babylon, asphalt had always some sort of application in human history but it can be ignored, the only good application I can see of it in this mod is for lighting.

Although I really am into working with oil ingame since I'm petroleum engineer, I don't know how it could fit TFC. Even if combustion engines are just the tip of the iceberg of its uses. It was used to build the walls and tower of Babylon, asphalt had always some sort of application in human history but it can be ignored, the only good application I can see of it in this mod is for lighting.

And cooking. you can't cook anything on a real stove without olive oil or lard or butter. I don't want to eat roast all game.

And cooking. you can't cook anything on a real stove without olive oil or lard or butter. I don't want to eat roast all game.

Yeah, but I was talking about mineral oil, Petroleum. I don't think you can cook with petroleum... But I may be wrong...

Yeah, but I was talking about mineral oil, Petroleum. I don't think you can cook with petroleum... But I may be wrong...

yeah but the OP wasnt talking about mineral oil, so your point is invailid, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars

yeah but the OP wasnt talking about mineral oil, so your point is invailid, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars

Haha, I've quoted Infinus5 who was talking about Petroleum, So I've got a pass!

Haha, I've quoted Infinus5 who was talking about Petroleum, So I've got a pass!

but, you were playing as the iron, andd you were lef on the clo0thes too long, causing a fire, and then were charged with arson, now go to jail and the rest

but, you were playing as the iron, andd you were lef on the clo0thes too long, causing a fire, and then were charged with arson, now go to jail and the rest

I was left on my own clothes or did they made me do it? How do I wear clothes? I'm an iron! I'm innocent!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0