Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dunkleosteus

Animals!

297 posts in this topic

And wolf packs would follow sheep packs.

Sheep, pig, cow etc. packs would follow grassier areas and run from wolves.

When you hit a passive mob it And it's pack runs away from you. I HATE how you punch the cows and the others are like:

Cow 1: "Did you see that?"

Cow 2: "Yea, Thomas just got killed."

Cow 1: "Should we run?"

Cow 1: "Nah, I wanna eat more grass."

Cow 2: "Okay."

Human kills cow 2."

Cow 1: "Did you see that?"

Cow 3: "Yea, Barney just got killed."

And wolf packs would follow sheep packs.

This isn't a folk-tale, its TFC o.0

I do think the herd behavior should be different from pack behavior. Packs have an Alpha and the pack is all connected to that individual. The individuals copy or contribute to the goals of the alpha. Herds are more of a collection of individuals that through their behaviors conglomerate and move together. (Note: I don't actually know if this is really the case but it's my perception)

Also I would prefer if wolves had a territory or home set. They would go hunting for prey when they get hungry, but I think that's the most following they should do.

-Pack animals! Used to transport more than the player can with a pack saddle. Have them haul carts for even more carrying capacity.

Any sort of pack animal would be massively useful. Forget about carts, just make a donkey or something which is effectively a mobile (and killable) chest. It would make transporting goods to and from my distant mines sooooo much easier.

Of course, Bioxx would probably take this as an opportunity to nerf the player inventory. ;)

I do think the herd behavior should be different from pack behavior. Packs have an Alpha and the pack is all connected to that individual. The individuals copy or contribute to the goals of the alpha. Herds are more of a collection of individuals that through their behaviors conglomerate and move together. (Note: I don't actually know if this is really the case but it's my perception)

Also I would prefer if wolves had a territory or home set. They would go hunting for prey when they get hungry, but I think that's the most following they should do.

Well I'm not sure if it is called Alpha with for example cows.. but the strongest male ist still the leader of the group so i think the principle is pretty much the same...

I posted an image on the irc the other day, but i guess i never posted it here, so here you guys go:

Posted Image

Any sort of pack animal would be massively useful. Forget about carts, just make a donkey or something which is effectively a mobile (and killable) chest. It would make transporting goods to and from my distant mines sooooo much easier.

As long as they don't run off or get chased off with all your goods :).

I posted an image on the irc the other day, but i guess i never posted it here, so here you guys go:

Posted Image

Ohhhhhh, nice.

Posted Image

*achartran turns into a flock of flying puppies due to happiness over what he has just seen*

Posted Image

Ehehehehehe, hahahahahahah, HAHAHAHAHAH, HEHEHEHEHEHEHAAAAA *Thump*

Sorry, just had to contain myself ._.

What also would be nice is tweaked cow size to make them bigger. Now every single cow you can find is the size of a culf, which doesn't seems right to me.

Posted Image

Elephant?

Elephant?

YEP! exciting isn't it? You know what else this means right? there will have to be a new "savana" biome for which the Elephant to live in I imagine! :D

I think it would be great if zombies occasionally went after the other mobs too. Would be hilarious to look down from your lofty castle and see some zombie slowly chasing your sheep in circles. Maybe wolves could be trained to protect farm animals, like the golems in vanilla?

I think it would be great if zombies occasionally went after the other mobs too. Would be hilarious to look down from your lofty castle and see some zombie slowly chasing your sheep in circles. Maybe wolves could be trained to protect farm animals, like the golems in vanilla?

that would be kinda funny, but since it is planned to move the current hostile mobs into crypts in a future udate, here wouldn't be much sense in putting the time to code that in now. Besides, if I'm not mistaken AI is one of Bioxx's weak spots. His only to my knowledge actually. Dunk's too.

You from saskatchatoon ooooh yah? (I've been there, wonderful place :))

that would be kinda funny, but since it is planned to move the current hostile mobs into crypts in a future udate, here wouldn't be much sense in putting the time to code that in now. Besides, if I'm not mistaken AI is one of Bioxx's weak spots. His only to my knowledge actually. Dunk's too.

Nothing says they won't be able to go on the surface, they could still be there in night time if anywhere near a cave. Unless any kind of light hurts them, which would make torches your top weapon when getting down to a crypt ._.

Nothing says they won't be able to go on the surface, they could still be there in night time if anywhere near a cave. Unless any kind of light hurts them, which would make torches your top weapon when getting down to a crypt ._.

True true, but this behavior would never be seen unless you were stupid enough to build your house next to a crypt (guilty as charged :P). The fact of the matter still is Bioxx and AI coding don't agree with eachother, I doubt he would get into a AI feature unless it was REALLY worth it. Just_Another_Guess though ;)

Ahh - I had not seen that yet, being so new but that's unfortunate. Would be even better if they crawled out of crypts to hunt your sheep though... :o

Ha - yes, Saskatchatoon. Not often my little underpopulated homeland gets mentioned in Hollywood - even if they did (purposefully) mangle the province and city names together (to say nothing of the northern-Ontario accent they gave the guy... extra funny considering urban SK sounds nearly the same as LA).

Ahh - I had not seen that yet, being so new but that's unfortunate. Would be even better if they crawled out of crypts to hunt your sheep though... :o

Ha - yes, Saskatchatoon. Not often my little underpopulated homeland gets mentioned in Hollywood - even if they did (purposefully) mangle the province and city names together (to say nothing of the northern-Ontario accent they gave the guy... extra funny considering urban SK sounds nearly the same as LA).

You are intent on zombies having a sheep fetish...

I actually Know about it for other reasons haha, i don't reneged much cause I was little but my parents used to be mushers and we traveled through there a couple time on the way to races. I lived on the border for a while and always did my shopping and recreation on the Canadian side, everyone was just friendlier and more intelligent...

You are intent on zombies having a sheep fetish...

Can't get passed the image in my head. I've always found slow-motion chases funny... staple of D-grade horror. Sheep... because sheep are just kind of ridiculous creatures.

I actually Know about it for other reasons haha, i don't reneged much cause I was little but my parents used to be mushers and we traveled through there a couple time on the way to races. I lived on the border for a while and always did my shopping and recreation on the Canadian side, everyone was just friendlier and more intelligent...

Cool. We see a lot of plates from down south heading up to the north lands... mostly for hunting and fishing I think, but mushing - that's cool. I don't think we're any more intelligent... our education system is quite a bit better, but that only gives knowledge whereas intelligence is how you use it. I think everyone is about the same on that front.

"dunk's too".

-____- initiative is my weakness.

AI is one of my strong points when I take the time to do it properly.

And from what I understand, zombies and skeletons will be recieving graphical updates and some buffs and variation. Swords and armour will probably be added to certain monsters which make them stronger. Whether these may drop is unknown at the moment. As far as I know, only sunlight will hurt them, but not in the "ooh, ow, I better run under this tree" more like "aaaiarrhrrhhhghhghgh!" *fwoomp* and they sorta vaporize. I guess.

What I mainly want to see from anything to do with Animals is......

MORE USES FOR LEATHER!!!

I mean lets face it, after you find your first metals do you not ditch the leather armour for something more solid. After your 2nd or maybe 3rd bellows, do you make another???

The amount of leather thats dropped right now comparead to the different kinds of uses are too limited...

*snip* ...As far as I know, only sunlight will hurt them, but not in the "ooh, ow, I better run under this tree" more like "aaaiarrhrrhhhghhghgh!" *fwoomp* and they sorta vaporize. I guess.

Complete with epic death screams I hope! - Who needs a rooster when you can wake up to the melody of a dozen wailing zombies.

Complete with epic death screams I hope! - Who needs a rooster when you can wake up to the melody of a dozen wailing zombies.

I actually pointed out on a server once that zombies and skeletons were my alarm clock to know when I should wake up and go outside. When I hear burning flesh, I know the sun has started shining.

A bit more on topic, I hope I can mount that ivory on my armors' pauldrons or something. Being the guy that hunted and killing a fully grown elephant using nothing but javelins, a loincloth, and a whole lot of tenacity should be put on display. That or maybe just trophies in general if animals start getting genuinely harder.

I actually pointed out on a server once that zombies and skeletons were my alarm clock to know when I should wake up and go outside. When I hear burning flesh, I know the sun has started shining.

A bit more on topic, I hope I can mount that ivory on my armors' pauldrons or something. Being the guy that hunted and killing a fully grown elephant using nothing but javelins, a loincloth, and a whole lot of tenacity should be put on display. That or maybe just trophies in general if animals start getting genuinely harder.

Or you could take the Hannibal way, and ride them :3

-note: Not talking about Hannibal Lecter. That guy on an elephant would be a worldwide "you are screwed" :-

I would like there to be a variety of rideable animals. So many possibilities, war and economy wise, can not be just ignored.