Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dunkleosteus

Animals!

297 posts in this topic

I actually pointed out on a server once that zombies and skeletons were my alarm clock to know when I should wake up and go outside. When I hear burning flesh, I know the sun has started shining.

A bit more on topic, I hope I can mount that ivory on my armors' pauldrons or something. Being the guy that hunted and killing a fully grown elephant using nothing but javelins, a loincloth, and a whole lot of tenacity should be put on display. That or maybe just trophies in general if animals start getting genuinely harder.

"hunting an elephant with javelins" good luck with that. The elephants defenses and hit points will be beastly, so you're going to have a hard time doing that and not getting trampled. These aren't animals to take lightly.

-in the near future...-

How to hunt down an elephant.

You need: a stack of steak, elephants nearby to hunt, inventory full of javelins

Throw as many as you can, hide, place more in the hotbar, start again.

Reward: 265 elephant steaks, really big bones, and the hate of the others elephants.

no I don't know if javelins will be able to damage them at all. You may need a new weapon to hunt them, idk.

no I don't know if javelins will be able to damage them at all. You may need a new weapon to hunt them, idk.

The thing about elephants is they are so tough, they were almost unkillable in ancient times; on the battlefields of the ancient world, the only way to defeat them was to panic them, or to kill the mahout (driver). Today, elephants are hunted using special guns, with fairly large bores. Same thing for rhinoceros.

woah woah woah, there's bears? What? Is there an update that I missed or something?

I know a guy who used to hunt in Africa in a more traditional fashion I while have to consult him on how to properly hunt elephants.

woah woah woah, there's bears? What? Is there an update that I missed or something?

You missed a ton of updates, apparently : they have been there for a long time.

No fucking way I'm touching a single one of those elephants unless it's for a ride. Elephants are highly intelligent animals and are being hunted to extinction. To kill them, even in a game, just seems... Wrong. Really wrong. :/

No fucking way I'm touching a single one of those elephants unless it's for a ride. Elephants are highly intelligent animals and are being hunted to extinction. To kill them, even in a game, just seems... Wrong. Really wrong. :/

Then I have to assume you have never PVPed or played any shooters?

Otherwise, kinda funny that killing Elephants in a game is wrong but people meh thats fine. lol

We, the humans, are far from extinction ._.

Also, there are too many assholes between the humans. Not like the elephants... :1

I'm not implementing them for killing... I was inspired after watching National Geographic... :/

I'm not implementing them for killing... I was inspired after watching National Geographic... :/

I do what I want

jk, I hope we can ride them into war.

Distinguishing between reality and games is what lets me kill elephants in Minecraft, and not kill people I hate in real life. Bring on the ivory.

of course, just because I implement them in the game for something other than killing doesn't mean I'm going to prevent you from doing whatever you like with it.

Then I have to assume you have never PVPed or played any shooters?

Otherwise, kinda funny that killing Elephants in a game is wrong but people meh thats fine. lol

Only once. I was at a friends house, then I realized how disgusting it was to play a game about murdering other people and how it was surely paided for by the army. I never did again.

Most people deserve to die more than a Elephant anyways. If you're ever on a server and watching a elephant hunt then some random guy comes out and horrifically slaughters everyone, you know who it is ._.

I'm sorry for being rude but no one deserves to die no matter who they are. People hunted for their well-being and as of now yes it has become a 'cruel' sport but you gotta understand, this is the way life goes people die, animals die, plants die, everything dies. None have them done anything to be removed from the Earth permanently torn from everything they love and care about. Its just a fact of life. They aren't killing people for the fact to kill but for the thrill of getting closer to it with no harm. No one is harmed, no one murders because they play too much Call of Duty. I personally don't play that game often except for hanging out, same thing with hunting its for excitement. Is it wrong? Yes, is it going to happen? Yes. Any of you who are too one-sided to not understand that life goes on. Take a look around, it is just the sad truth of life. And for anyone who hunts or plays Call of Duty for watching pain, you are sick and twisted and should re-evaluate your life before you do something you will regret.

Sorry for the rant, this is an issue that caused many problems in my life. (not the psycho part, the ignorant and afraid of life part)

Edit:I apologize if that sounded like an attack on anyone in particular, no one take this personally please.

That's a relief. I suspected you were inspired by Boatmurdered. ;)

By the way, elephants could make for some awesome pack animals ... of course now I have an image of a storage room where all the chests have been replaced by elephants (you know someone would try it).

AHHH!

I LOVE Boatmurdered! It is by far the best tale of a bunch of drunken Dwarves dying horrible, horrible deaths.

AHHH!

I LOVE Boatmurdered! It is by far the best tale of a bunch of drunken Dwarves dying horrible, horrible deaths.

I much prefer Headshoots to Boatmurdered. But of course I'm in favour of being brutally killed by elephants, as is any self-respecting dorf.

Also, hello TFCraft forum!

I much prefer Headshoots to Boatmurdered. But of course I'm in favour of being brutally killed by elephants, as is any self-respecting dorf.

Also, hello TFCraft forum!

Hello FloorBelow!

Hello FloorBelow!

This reminds me of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

I killed 4 cows and got 60 meat..I think thats to much for difficulty 3... food should be scarce and incentive to farm crops and breed animals to get more

I believe vanilla cow drops only 1-3 beef...same for pig... I like that better then a lot of beef and pigchops dropping...

:)

I don't! Do you know how long it takes to breed and grow crops!

Animals also don't respawn. If you kill all of your animals, you will have to move somewhere else to find more. Breeding animals take 7 months in-game.

Don't worry though, calf-pulling hasn't been implemented yet.