Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GreenLeaf

Thirst!

61 posts in this topic

Yeah. thirst!

Hey there. i totally just signed up on this forum (which i have lurked throughoutfully) just to post this suggestion.

I was playing in my survival world, building a hut for manufacturing clay molds when it struck my mind.

Man i want to be able to use this clay for more things! the first thing that came up was, not bricks, i know you've already debated that, pottery! motherfucking clay pots son! the things that the early humans used pots and urns for are numerous but what i began pondering on after that was the ability to store water/other liquids (oil?)

And that brought me to the topic of today. what good is waterstorage for when there's no real use for it? need it for irrigation? just splash it out there and it'll stay forever. no need to wells either.

So then. have us players feel the need to drink just as we need to eat. that could then lead to the awesome new art of pottery. Patrick Swayze style!

and uhh. there are already thirst mods out there so.. you know.. steal their id- i mean look to them for inspiration!

Also, pardon me if this has already been discussed to death. i could've sworn i saw no such topic anywhere here.

Sweet! mind if you link me to that thread? i swear i didn't see one!

i'd like to read some of that!

Use the search bar next time, it has been suggested and talked about a few times before, as Esteban said. Thirst is something that I personally support, but there is not much to discuss beyond what has been said in other threads. So after saying that...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Thank you, and duly noted.

mods may lock the thread if they like.

...which i have lurked throughoutfully...

...Go home, sit in your room, and think the fuck about what you've done.

No dessert, and no TV for 3 days.

Search bar exists for a fucking reason, the word you were looking for is 'thoroughly', and you're a liar because if you had lurked so well you'd know how many threads have been curbstomped because the new guy never used the goddamn search function

Geezus christ Eternal, its a fucking thread. Chill the fuck out!

Don't worry about him Greenleaf, he is a grumpy ol' fogey. You made a mistake, you won't again. Welcome to the forums :)

you must be new here, this isnt even angry mode for him

Don't worry about him Greenleaf, he is a grumpy ol' fogey. You made a mistake, you won't again. Welcome to the forums :)

That was the equivalent of a scholarly conversation among posh English gentlemen for Eternal...

You don't seem to learn, do you flix?

you must be new here, this isnt even angry mode for him

That was the equivalent of a scholarly conversation among posh English gentlemen for Eternal...

You don't seem to learn, do you flix?

These two people I have never met already know me better than half my family

I know where he's coming from though! unnecessary threads are annoying as hell! have patience with me though. newbie, don't know how the people are and i didn't think about the search bar.

lock the thread and be over with.

If you're taking our abuse this well so far, you'll be just fine here :D

If you're taking our abuse this well so far, you'll be just fine here :D

I am a frequent poster in the Facepunch forums. you guys are childsplay.

But really. Are there any moderators that can lock the thread? or can i do it myself?

I am a frequent poster in the Facepunch forums. you guys are childsplay.

But really. Are there any moderators that can lock the thread? or can i do it myself?

Moderators!

Dunk, Bioxx and the good Crysyn

I saw crysn post the other day, so he should be around somewhere, he's usually the topic locker, Dunk does it sometimes, and Bioxx, well we don't actually see Bioxx all that much :P

I saw crysn post the other day, so he should be around somewhere, he's usually the topic locker, Dunk does it sometimes, and Bioxx, well we don't actually see Bioxx all that much :P

Bioxx has the power to lock a topic and to change your life by adding something to the mod...incredible!

The only time i saw Bioxx closing a thread he haven't started was the religion thread... You gotta have a really bad idea for the author of the mod to personally close your thread ._.

The only time i saw Bioxx closing a thread he haven't started was the religion thread... You gotta have a really bad idea for the author of the mod to personally close your thread ._.

Not if you're in the better than wolves forum... Your first post is in a thin line to be your last

Not if you're in the better than wolves forum... Your first post is in a thin line to be your last

that's cause flowerchild is an ass, and I'm sure it rubs off on his community :/

that's cause flowerchild is an ass, and I'm sure it rubs off on his community :/

am i the only one who actually thinks FlowerChild is pretty cool?

am i the only one who actually thinks FlowerChild is pretty cool?

I love his mod, but he just seems like an ass. Purposely making a mod incompatible with everything just to spite some people he doesn't like seems a little over the top, at least in my opinion.

(and yes, I know about Better then Buildcraft, but BTW would be better if it had some more compatibility.)

now, let's not get into a discussion on BTW, this is TFC damnit! *slams fist down on desk*

oh, I seem to have broken my desk...

I love his mod, but he just seems like an ass. Purposely making a mod incompatible with everything just to spite some people he doesn't like seems a little over the top, at least in my opinion.

(and yes, I know about Better then Buildcraft, but BTW would be better if it had some more compatibility.)

now, let's not get into a discussion on BTW, this is TFC damnit! *slams fist down on desk*

oh, I seem to have broken my desk...

what desk?

-hides desk beheind back-

Thanks for calling me an ass.

It wasn't a choice, it was a side effect of him dropping the forge. He has never purposefully created incompatibility with another mod, ever. He just doesn't make concessions for compatibility, putting his own game design first.

Thanks for calling me an ass.

Oh sh+t you're flowerchild?

EDIT: After reading arch's post, I'm confused. Is Azdoine flowerchild, or not?

Edited by Kimbblesrath