Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kimbblesrath

Cubic Chunks in TFC

What do you think?   74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cubic Chunks be implemented into TFC?

• EFF YEAH!!
    • Yeah!
    • I think so.
    • Meh.
    • No.
    • NO!
  2. 2. If you think it should be implemented, how many block high should it be? (bedrock to sky top)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

and then comes someone running on CC explaining how the entire universe works in 0.1 milliseconds, demonstrating the increase in speed and awesomeness of your game (btw, if that height limit goes above 5k, you'd have beaten any previous mod so far, plus that'd generate HUGE attention: the mod that keeps going up :D (or down, change depth level and create some REAL cavern systems :D)

If you wanna help and have mcp installed and running......... you coooould help. But Bioxx is not going to look into that, forget it.

and then comes someone running on CC explaining how the entire universe works in 0.1 milliseconds, demonstrating the increase in speed and awesomeness of your game (btw, if that height limit goes above 5k, you'd have beaten any previous mod so far, plus that'd generate HUGE attention: the mod that keeps going up :D (or down, change depth level and create some REAL cavern systems :D)

Ohhhh, that changes EVERYTHING.

"*Even slower motion* NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

He has dropped it already, don't push it :

Ohhhh, that changes EVERYTHING.

"*Even slower motion* NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

He has dropped it already, don't push it :

Bioxx dropped trying to do it himself. If Leo can manage to get it up and running we'll look into it.

Bioxx dropped trying to do it himself. If Leo can manage to get it up and running we'll look into it.

When I look into it I say to myself "Damn, I'm making another game here..."

When I look into it I say to myself "Damn, I'm making another game here..."

Leo, you are mankinds only hope, rest assured the rewards will be big, every possible server, including minecraft itself will use your mod once its stable, so go, for humanity, show us that modding is something else than making a different type of game, show that its also improving the very game in its core functions.

but uuuh, no pressure :D

Leo, you are mankinds only hope, rest assured the rewards will be big, every possible server, including minecraft itself will use your mod once its stable, so go, for humanity, show us that modding is something else than making a different type of game, show that its also improving the very game in its core functions.

but uuuh, no pressure :D

Haha, yeah, it would be cool, but Notch said "NO F**KING WAY WE WILL SUPPORT IT" maybe not with those words... but close enough.

http://forums.spout.org/threads/lighting-at-least-sunlight-and-cubic-chunks.1842/page-3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/kq89v/

shortly read it, basically notch goes zerk because of shadows.....i dont even USE those things so why the FUCK would anyone care about shadows be4 the mod implementation, just begin working on the lighting effect after it -_-

shortly read it, basically notch goes zerk because of shadows.....i dont even USE those things so why the FUCK would anyone care about shadows be4 the mod implementation, just begin working on the lighting effect after it -_-

If I know a thing or two about the history of MC, shortly after they made the anvil world that made CC stop, spout has ambition to make a cc world but it isn't finished yet. The problem with is that now there are too many classes tied to how chunks are handled, freaking too many... So the people who know how it can be made, make another game entirely, making a voxel game isn't that hard, but there is much content in minecraft now... We will see.. I need to study much more...

hmmmmm, and there is no way to reduce the amount of base classes by combining i guess (i am absolutely shitting out of my eyes right now) wouldnt there be a way to make the TFC NOT use anvil? or has the anvil thing (dunno what it even means) become mandatory for any minecraft atm?

hmmmmm, and there is no way to reduce the amount of base classes by combining i guess (i am absolutely shitting out of my eyes right now) wouldnt there be a way to make the TFC NOT use anvil? or has the anvil thing (dunno what it even means) become mandatory for any minecraft atm?

The anvil was a conversion to allow 256 worlds. It is mandatory as far as I can tell, for tfc to be able to create cc worlds it would have to circumvent regular generation and storage, in short terms, it would have to be another game inside minecraft, so it wouldn't change base classes because it is not using them, got it? well, you can imagine how much work would have to be done for this to happen....... But surely would be cool!

and one cannot simply, like TFC itself, create base classes that leave anything required for anvil behind in order to plant CC on said base classes? (remember, you're talking to a programming moron but i do know my TIDBIT around computers themselves, just not programming :D

and one cannot simply, like TFC itself, create base classes that leave anything required for anvil behind in order to plant CC on said base classes? (remember, you're talking to a programming moron but i do know my TIDBIT around computers themselves, just not programming :D

I think that was what I've said... Not sure... You have to leave anything that is tied to the regular chunks behind and recode it, that was a way that Bioxx implemented to generate TFCs worlds, they don't use regular vanilla code they are custom made for it, but this is way bigger, because it affects much more, it affects how the game behaves (I'm still trying to figure out how much of it has to be changed).

I am not a programmer also, I'm a petroleum engineer undergraduate, I do some programming stuff but it is much more because I have interest in it than because I'm good or because I study it, I do study but not in the same way a real programmer would.

You have 699 posts Leo.. :o

You do know if you make CC possible you will be my internet hero right? LEO! LEO! LEO!

:D *No pressure*

You have 699 posts Leo.. :o

You do know if you make CC possible you will be my internet hero right? LEO! LEO! LEO!

:D *No pressure*

If I make this I'll be my own hero! hehe :D

make ALL THE CUBIC CHUNKS :D no seriously, it'd be SICK if this ever makes the batch, think of all the near lifelike copies you can make of famous stuff, Death star, LOTR buildings, monuments, even entire cities :D

Starting to learn java now in my free time, I might be able to accept this challenge when I learned enough, which is probably in another month or two. I have enough free time anyway, for now.

jun, or anyone else, if you guys would cooperate, you'd be able to get double time on 1 project, which'd always boost productivity (unless you guys fight, dont do that)

Since I started learning java like 2 weeks ago, I might need to learn a bit more before I can be useful at all, even with some programming I did with another language. Shouldn't be too hard to get the basics though, since I have some good video material that gives nice examples.

Maybe I'll start looking at minecraft 1.7.3 beta's(That's when cubic chunks worked well right?) codes in the meantime/

Starting to learn java now in my free time, I might be able to accept this challenge when I learned enough, which is probably in another month or two. I have enough free time anyway, for now.

I would appreciate any help!

Actually it is in 1.0.0 the last version...

Wasn't 1.0.0 still a test version or did I read it wrong in his thread? I don't know if picking a more stable version is any better or not, since all I want to know is how the chunks are rendered and the differences in coding between cubic chunks and vanilla minecraft.

Wasn't 1.0.0 still a test version or did I read it wrong in his thread? I don't know if picking a more stable version is any better or not, since all I want to know is how the chunks are rendered and the differences in coding between cubic chunks and vanilla minecraft.

I'll respond to this later, since I have to get to class now, but just as a quick response: Cubic chunks are rendered as normal chunks, the thing is in how they are stored and manipulated, the problem in rendering them is in this manipulation.

you never did respond to this :D also BUMP ALL THE AWESOME IN THIS THREAD!

you never did respond to this :D also BUMP ALL THE AWESOME IN THIS THREAD!

Sorry, I didn't want to respond this without having more time and I have a big test monday.

Anyway as far as the code for 1.0.0 didn't had much on the rendering part, it did affect, yes, but just in order to the render handle far objects.

Look at public void loadRenderers() on RenderGlobal, this is the best response I can give you now.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that can be made for rendering CC without massive hits on performance is to not calculate block updates. Maybe calculate lighting updates more rarely, but that's all. And I'd rather write this system from the ground up than try to adapt Anvil for this. TFC is not compatible with older worlds anyway, this will be second huge jump in incompatibility, but many people on the forums wouldn't mind, I feel.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that can be made for rendering CC without massive hits on performance is to not calculate block updates. Maybe calculate lighting updates more rarely, but that's all. And I'd rather write this system from the ground up than try to adapt Anvil for this. TFC is not compatible with older worlds anyway, this will be second huge jump in incompatibility, but many people on the forums wouldn't mind, I feel.

Well, blocks aren't updated like entities, they activate when their tick comes, without that fluids wouldn't flow and redstone wouldn't work. I don't think this is actually a source of any problems since when blocks are too far they are just stored in the chunk, they are not active anymore.

yeah... building from the ground up seems to me as the better choice too and just built an option in the main menu *click here if you want awesomeness* so that it would have both the vanilla chunk and CC