Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GenuineTexan

Questions about new update

21 posts in this topic

Hey all, first post here. I'm currently running build 52e with MC 1.3.2 and MCF 4.1.2.269. If I update my client to build 56 and MC 1.4.2, will my old saves still work? Or are there enough new features that I should just start fresh? Also what is the most recent version of MCF that will work with the new update (if I update one, might as well update them all)? And lastly, can someone please explain what the new spawn protection is all about and what the protection meter is actually measuring? Thanks so much!

What I say you is delete your saves or keep playing in 52e. There are too many changes and Bioxx said that you don't need to make awesome worlds in a still beta mod. the spawn protection is a feature that reduces the mobs spawn in an area where you lived for long. The spawn meter may help you know how much protection is in that chunk.

And...

:wacko: WELCOME TO THE DERAILED FORUMS!!! :wacko:

What I say you is delete your saves or keep playing in 52e. There are too many changes and Bioxx said that you don't need to make awesome worlds in a still beta mod. the spawn protection is a feature that reduces the mobs spawn in an area where you lived for long. The spawn meter may help you know how much protection is in that chunk.

And...

:wacko: WELCOME TO THE DERAILED FORUMS!!! :wacko:

Agreed, this is still a BETA mod and things change here often. We are currently Bioxx's Beta Testers and I must personally say that if you cann't handle the constant changes, then it might be best to wait till it's released. This will be an awesome mod when it's done but it's still under-development.

I had something add but the form froze up, basically don't update if there is a single bug listed in the support forums for that version.

Or as I do update but keep every version of Minecraft and all my mods in a folder, I've got so many forge, minecraft, and TFC versions right now, I like testing things, all the most recent versions have game breaking bugs, which isn't a real problem, we're here to help test, but don't bring worlds that were working fine into a new version, it just doesn't work unless there are no known bugs.

Wow! Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm having fun on 52e right now, so I will probably stick with this version for a while.

Wow! Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm having fun on 52e right now, so I will probably stick with this version for a while.

Good, if you only want to play that's the right choice, but if you want to help testing like me, Gorni and many others you know what you can do. And remember, we are all testers. Isn't this fantastic. I'm a mod tester.

Thewolf runs "hey momma, I'ma mod tester, momma!"

" thats great cub..."

Thewolf runs "hey momma, I'ma mod tester, momma!"

" thats great cub..."

Did you see me running? However no, I didn't do that.

It is peculiar how we get excited about things that other people find so unpleasant or dull....

It is peculiar how we get excited about things that other people find so unpleasant or dull....

What is unpleasant or dull for you?

What is unpleasant or dull for you?

For me? Slow internet...

For me? Slow internet...

You have internet! Awesome! I remember waiting thirty minutes to watch a three minute video. We live in good times now though.

You have internet! Awesome! I remember waiting thirty minutes to watch a three minute video. We live in good times now though.

So long as you don't use Comcast/Xfinity or AT&T for internet service...

Having headdache while reading your signature...

I have 3g, here goes like this: if I use more than 3Gb on a month it cuts down the speed to 200kbps.... You know how bad that is?

Oh, i remeber those days when you got time to get coffee and buns in time that pics loaded :,D and how slow it was to download something, like from theunderdogs(old site for getting games..) leave downloading on .apr.10,MB and go play OUTSIDE for hour :D

EDIT oh, and those dialing notes <3

Anyone remember BBSs?

/

*Remembers back to youngsterhood...*

Me, to friend on phone:

Me: "What an awesome game! I'd love that on my BBS. How big is the file?"

F: "It's like... 300kB."

Me: "Oh man, that's huge. I dunno about the long distance charges to d/l it."

F: "Yeah... I'll just send you a floppy with it. It'll be easier."

I was affraid to go on the internet, it was so expensive that we would only go for about 10min and cry when the bill arrived...

I was affraid to go on the internet, it was so expensive that we would only go for about 10min and cry when the bill arrived...

How can they send a bill to you? It's not human!

Most of the bugs are relatively minor such that I always upgrade if the update has interesting new features and/or bug fixes.

Most bugs in the last few updates have been game breaking.

The only ones I can find now are minor or cosmetic, but I still wouldn't recommend updating if you're interested in making a long term world.