Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tsnm

(b57 bug) Wrong texture when I restart the firepit

15 posts in this topic

wrong texture when I restart the firepit:

Posted Image

I got this too. At first I thought bioxx changed firepit into some kind of stove... XD

Seems a bug since b56.

I got this as well.

I saw a suggestion yesterday that it may be caused by the firepit being in an unloaded chunk, but the chunk my firepit was in was, as far as I know, never unloaded. I never wandered very far from the firepit, and the texture change even occurred before I interacted with the firepit.

I left to gather a few stones and trees, and came back to find my firepit replaced by a storm drain. I could get the texture to change back by using a lighter on it (with no fuel in it) but when I put logs in and re-lit the firepit, the storm drain texture stayed for good.

Edit: Did you know that you spelled tsunami wrong?

Yeah, This is a bug a lot of people are having, so far as I can tell there's no direct cause or fix.

Yeah, This is a bug a lot of people are having, so far as I can tell there's no direct cause or fix.

When I open the firepit gui, it fixes and the texture returns normal.

Forever?

every time I've done it it's gone back to this after a time.

Forever?

Not forever, just for a bit of time, but you can call this a small fix.

Forever?

It was definitely a burning storm drain. I guess I shouldn't say "for good" because I poked at it for a few minutes and then logged out and went to bed, but opening the GUI did not fix it for me... I was running a new Win8 upgrade though, and things were wonky to begin with.

It was definitely a burning storm drain. I guess I shouldn't say "for good" because I poked at it for a few minutes and then logged out and went to bed, but opening the GUI did not fix it for me... I was running a new Win8 upgrade though, and things were wonky to begin with.

Was it set on fire? My yes.

Was it set on fire? My yes.

It was lit, and used to cook pork. It was the left alone (I would estimate I was 2 chunks away at maximum).

When I came back, the fire pit was a storm drain. I used a lighter on it a few times and opened the GUI trying to turn it back into a fire pit, but it would not change back.

On the bright side, I now have a grill.

The reason for this is that the texture for the lit fire pit is being referenced one tile over as one of the sides for the bellows, instead of the lit fire pit texture. They are right beside each other on the on the texture sheet. Probably a little blurp when the dupeing code was fixed, there is no harm from it other than your fire pit looks like the side of a bellows.

The reason for this is that the texture for the lit fire pit is being referenced one tile over as one of the sides for the bellows, instead of the lit fire pit texture. They are right beside each other on the on the texture sheet. Probably a little blurp when the dupeing code was fixed, there is no harm from it other than your fire pit looks like the side of a bellows.

Good, the future firepits are leather of a bellow and moreover grey.

...looks like the side of a bellows.

Thank you for this information.

And it's a grill.

Thank you for this information.

And it's a grill.

No, actually, it is the side of a bellows.

literally.

No, actually, it is the side of a bellows.

literally.

You're ruining my immersion :(

(I know it's the bellows :3 )